It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censoring Sheen's Video to Obama

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Maybe Youtube just don't want to be associated with propagating lunatic conspiracy theories (that many find to be insulting)? Maybe it's bad for business?

If they want to mess with the viewing figures that's entirely their right as a private company.

Apologies if this has already been stated, haven't had time to read the thread yet...

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If YouTube thinks conspiracy theories is bad for business, then random teenagers acting like goofballs isn't? I've posted this up on my own personal site because I think it needs to get out to people. The video depicts a lot of people looking for the truth so the more we spread it the better.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Mastadoom]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
True them being a private corporation but they make a sales pitch about you broadcast your self . Which is giving people the illusions of censor free .

They should then put up a disclaimer that besides offensive material also political views differing from the management will be censored . Problem solved then people would not rely on Ytube for a free open broadcast media knowing full well they get to see what the corporation want you to see .

With this knowledge we are being shown it opens up the door for a corporation with truly uncensored broadcasting

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kovo88
Are people dense? Youtube isnt censoring it, it has been explained in my previous posts and by others. You just dont understand modern databasing environments in high traffic systems (in Youtubes case, extremely high traffic)

Then explain why for example :

A) The Boyle (UK AMerican Idol video) can go viral in one day and have millions of views, that are constantly updated?

Dense? I believe not.

Why do people get so angry when given an example of Censorship? Why do they fight it tooth and nail?

I never understood this..

Are people Pro- Censorship?

I haven't called anyone on the other side of the debate, a name once.... Why the anger? Why the name calling?

Why?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe all you 911 conspiracy theorist should start your own web-site? maybe someone from the top to the man on the street will come visit. So hitch your wagon on ATS or U-Tube or who gives a crap about BS.com.
P.S. Don't worry I'm not going to argue any point if you need truth please look within.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
For Example.

Look at this viral Video:

www.youtube.com...

It's been up since 9/9. A day before the Sheen video. It has 430k views, and only 409 ratings. and 464 comments. It's the most viewed video today, according to Youtube.

Why no glitch?

Or this video:

www.youtube.com...

It's been up since 9/9, has 405 k views, 7000 ratings, 13000 comments. It's the second most viewed video today. Seems like a popular video?

Why no Glitch?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The problem is not that we don't have a place to put these videos.

The problem is YouTube and Google are trying to prevent the spread of a specific kind of information through their systems.

They are trying to keep this information from going viral. It's worse than outright censorship in a way.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by muggl3z]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Maybe all you 911 conspiracy theorist should start your own web-site? maybe someone from the top to the man on the street will come visit. So hitch your wagon on ATS or U-Tube or who gives a crap about BS.com.
P.S. Don't worry I'm not going to argue any point if you need truth please look within.

I'm an American. I will fight for our/ my fleeting rights. If steroids in baseball can have subpoena power, why not 9/11. Can you understand that simple statement? Baseball is not > human life.

3000 people died that day. Do you have no reverence or compassion?

I will not sit down because someone calls me a nut, or lumps me in with a group, who is requesting a new investigation.

You may not thank us now. But your grand children will.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ive seen it happen before.

It happened with a popular comedy video on youtube; i laughed watched it about 50 times in a row. The view count never increased, and comments were being added by the minute.

It depends on their database coding.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That spells it out for me.
how many views?
Yeah as you can see the rating and comments suck.
Why?
Content... That's why.
Give the people credit.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To be honest, I'm just putting this out there...

Have any of you thought that possibly the govt. or the 'illumanti', whatever you want to call the social elites, put Sheen up to this, to raise suspicion, only to find that the president comes back with a pre-written statement, debunking all of Sheen's accusations? I mean, it would definitely be bad for us truthers, and it would put a major dent in all our efforts to make the truth shine...

Just my 2cents. Might be wrong... Could be right?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z
The problem is not that we don't have a place to put these videos.

The problem is YouTube and Google are trying to prevent the spread of a specific kind of information through their systems.

They are trying to keep this information from going viral. It's worse than outright censorship in a way.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by muggl3z]

Amen. Amen....

The censorship is suspect. Why the need to censor information? It's shady behavior, that deserves an answer. Guilt by association.

Considering the topic. Did America forget what happened that day? I believe so.

The families/ friends of the deceased want it. The first responders want it. The majority of the people want it. Let our voices be heard.

Why is requesting a new investigation bad? Why? Because MSM calls it nuts? Are you kidding me?

I don't get it....

This is bigger then any one event in recent history, yet it's not as important as Steroids in Baseball?

Think about that? Google Steroids in Baseball and Subpoena power. That investigation had more power then the one that was put forth for 9/11. Incredible.

For all the critics, say what you want about Charlie Sheen, but he is risking his life, and his career for truth, and a investigation. Something I can't even claim about myself. But it gives strength to those who are walking against the Main stream norm. It's a witch hunt people. But why.

Truthers didn't blow up the buildings for god sakes.

I started this thread, and can not believe the ignorance that fights truth and justice.

Every day, our military is fighting and dying in wars that were started because of 9/11. Do the critics believe their deaths are just? Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Husbands, Wifes, Grandparents, so forth died on that day. And they use it for unprovoked war, more death. It's a snow ball of insanity, that continually builds up.

Is justice dead?

If not, then demand a new investigation.

Why is that wrong? What are you afraid will come out of it?

It's censorship like this that wakes people up. It's so blatant.

I can say that I feel bad for the critics of this thread. I pity you, and hope that one day you figure out for yourself, that you've been duped.

Hopefully by then it's not too late.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
To be honest, I'm just putting this out there...

Have any of you thought that possibly the govt. or the 'illumanti', whatever you want to call the social elites, put Sheen up to this, to raise suspicion, only to find that the president comes back with a pre-written statement, debunking all of Sheen's accusations? I mean, it would definitely be bad for us truthers, and it would put a major dent in all our efforts to make the truth shine...

Just my 2cents. Might be wrong... Could be right?

Never know.

What I do now, is that MSM is again blasting at Sheen, someone who didn't wrong but ask a series of questions.

Unpopular questions...

They make it seem like he blew up the buildings. It's unreal. He has a lot to lose.

He's not doing it for money, or fame. He's doing it for Information and Justice, which is honorable.

But yet, just search, and see the name bashing that prevails.

It's almost as if, it's considered the norm to hate good people.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
ive seen it happen before.

It happened with a popular comedy video on youtube; i laughed watched it about 50 times in a row. The view count never increased, and comments were being added by the minute.

It depends on their database coding.

I addressed such an occurrence taking place earlier in this thread.

All they need to do is to randomly rig other videos that are rather unimportant like music videos or user content then when they see a video that is too controversial for them or dangerous like the Sheen one they do the same rigging specifically to that video

The effect this has is that when those accuse you tube of censoring the content they just say. "look we did it on this music video" or "this happens from time to time its just coincidence it happened on this particular video"

It is a very easy way of inoculating themselves against such accusations.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

I'm an American. I will fight for our/ my fleeting rights. If steroids in baseball can have subpoena power, why not 9/11. Can you understand that simple statement? Baseball is not > human life.

I will not sit down because someone calls me a nut, or lumps me in with a group, who is requesting a new investigation.

Greetings Mr, squid-boy
Why attack me?
First off we are not talking baseball they are contending killing civilians for some unknown profit?
Why?
Yes there could be some round about benefits that could result from downing the towers.Think about it.... What a long shot.
Can you not understand our enemies pulled a fast one on us?
It's such a shame you don't give them credit due.
I do, and your grandchildren will thank me for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Another Updated Screen Shot: This includes arrows pointing out a common and reoccurring problem with the video. Please make note of the frequency of the comments, both pro-video and against it.

Please make note, that several of the users have had their ratings erased multiple times (one being 5, one being 20).

How is this possible? One user. One rating.

Please be sure to note the frequency of the comments, this has been steady since the video was posted yesterday (Approximately 10-20 a minute).

This would be about 14,000- 28000 comments if the rate remained.

That's approximately 4000 - 19000 deleted comments within 24 hours.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh look, over a day and its somehow only reached 136k views... YEAH RIGHT!! any vid with that much comments and rating is normally 2 mill plus views.

Comments disappearing, especially the easily dispatched paid 'phd expert etc' shills whom have been made to look like idiots.

Media sites linked previously, attacking the messager, have been swamped with attacking comments on the 'reporters' whom wrote the pieces of crap.

Here is mine on the examiner with many pages like it;

"Attack the message, not the messenger. Real reporters ask questions, instead of following an agenda - this was one of the most disgusting pieces I have ever read.
Try reading the comments in the proper, full video on youtube (hosted on the alex jones channel), to obtain a feel for what people are saying, not what fantasy land says.
"

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For your information (FYI) :
Definitions of dense on the Web:
slow to learn or understand; lacking intellectual acuity; "so dense he never understands anything I say to him"; "never met anyone quite so dim"; "although dull at classical learning, at mathematics he was uncommonly quick" ...
As found on wordnetweb.princeton.edu/

I dont think anyone here is dense. I think its unfair to call resistance to majority dense because there is always a reason behind it. in this case people just want answers and justice.

This thread is the best example of what as been put in place by the elite. This is the best example to prouve that even if we all want the truth there will always be someone or a group that for some reason will want to stop others from knowing. But for what? doesnt everyone want to thrully know what exactly happened? Have all the evidence and all the parts of the puzzle. At the moment the gov had their story and the shock was so big that we all took it for granted no independant investigation. No other country allowed to participate in the investigation that lead to war and destabilization or lots of countries that werent doing so bad after all. Im not talking about Iraq here but all the neighboring countries. All the people that ended up dead because of does 2 planes crashing into those towers. People died here folks and there is only one version the fed one. Why not let everyone ask their questions. Why not let everyone show what they found?. Let the Gov and other independant investigators work togheter?

Thats why the jury exist is to let many come to a conclusion not one body but many.

For the guys that think they know everything about the web and computer and come up with reasons that could of been good 10 years ago. Guys get back to books. A site that serves videos like they do and have the same features for so long have worked their way to make things work all the time. Why because now money but big money is involved so think about it.

Like an other member said. Just for you simple why would one video video out of let say 5 have a hard time and the other 4 have no problem with views. How can one go viral in 12 hours and an other have view count problems? Oh ya I can see it come ... Ya they have a server farm only that one at that moment had an issue. that ones view count got queud but not the other ones ?

I sincerelly think its weird considering these facts. And having worked on high traffic servers never as big as youtube but this is unaceptable to believe that the guys that made the youtube infrastuicture didnt know and didnt plan the bandwidth in consequence and that they dont keep improving their servers and changing the hardware to keep up with the demand.

Now lets all hug each other

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Greetings Mr, squid-boy
Why attack me?
First off we are not talking baseball they are contending killing civilians for some unknown profit?
Why?
Yes there could be some round about benefits that could result from downing the towers.Think about it.... What a long shot.
Can you not understand our enemies pulled a fast one on us?
It's such a shame you don't give them credit due.
I do, and your grandchildren will thank me for it.

Hello Flying Fish.

Let me first say, I am not attacking you. I quoted your thread, because I found it interesting, considering that you mentioned that 9/11 conspiracy theorists should go away to another website, why?

This is the top alternate news website. And this is imo a big deal, censorship by Youtube, which is owned by Google. If that's not news, well... I'll end my comments...

I mention steroids in Baseball because, it had Subpoena power. The first 9/11 investigation did not.

The death of Americans in my mind was tragic, and in my opinion deserved an investigation that had the power to subpoena under oath.

It is sicking that congress felt Baseball was more important, and needed "teeth" with it's investigation of drug use in a popular pass time.

But what does it say, that Congress and Bush, felt 9/11's investigation did not need "teeth."

That's a question, that I want answered.

Benefits from the towers falling? Who benefited?

Not sure, that's why I want another investigation with "teeth."

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Oh look, over a day and its somehow only reached 136k views... YEAH RIGHT!! any vid with that much comments and rating is normally 2 mill plus views.

Comments disappearing, especially the easily dispatched paid 'phd expert etc' shills whom have been made to look like idiots.

Media sites linked previously, attacking the messager, have been swamped with attacking comments on the 'reporters' whom wrote the pieces of crap.

Here is mine on the examiner with many pages like it;

"Attack the message, not the messenger. Real reporters ask questions, instead of following an agenda - this was one of the most disgusting pieces I have ever read.
Try reading the comments in the proper, full video on youtube (hosted on the alex jones channel), to obtain a feel for what people are saying, not what fantasy land says.
"

Bravo Ghost.

If the media has been corrupted, it's up to us the people to spread the news.. Keep spreading the news...

Why people keep shooting the messengers I have no idea....

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join