It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
NOBODY is reviewing this footage.
I'm not so sure there even IS any footage.
Simple as that.

I've seen some still photos, aside from the ones in this thread, of this same object. Some were even ran in a few Chinese Newspapers, but there has been no mention of observatory footage until NOW. And some of the previous photos were much better than these in this thread. Some very nice, indeed. Lots of witnesses. I think this is a good case, but this is bunk.

And the source of that claim is a bunk site.

This case is months old. This doesn't add up, folks. It is silly.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by JayinAR]

link   
Not especially impressed by this sighting. I don't think it's really any better than anything else we've seen at this stage.

My guess? The Chinese government have finally learned from the pentagons playbook, keep slowly dripping out more crap about stuff like JFK and UFOs and that will keep a huge portion of the people who might otherwise become active on real issues busy.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by harpsounds]

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Looks like a flat type that Walton saw.
The only non CIA secure, or insecure, person to be on a Tesla craft base
and be released.

He saw round, oval and flat Tesla ships.
I might have the way the Walton story went down, without all
the added ET propaganda, in my profile some day cause too many
things are surprising to people that should never be.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Great video , and I hope it is released soon . Classic beam ship . Just like some one armed farmer we all know. Fantastic.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos

"filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes"

So. Why was the sun that bright during the eclipse?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Pathos]

Two types of eclipses, solar and lunar, take your pick

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well sounds like a load of rubbish to me. There is absolutely no mention of a ufo during the eclipse here. search.chinadaily.com.cn...
But there is a couple of reports here. www.chinadaily.com.cn...
But no mention it was during the eclipse

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

well sure because an amorphous dark shape/blob just CANT be terrestrial now can it? lol jeez...guys it could be a number of things..why do you right away jump at alien craft? my god try to eliminate all possibilities first as opposed to watching a low quality vid from youtube once then anxiously running to your keyboard to smash skepticism...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by jdub297

Again, this is the Daily Telegraph - one of the most popular selling broadsheets in the United Kingdom. The video was from their website.

And if your intelligence gave you the ability to read and understand, you'd clearly see the event was for 40 minutes, during the process of an eclipse. Not an eclipse lasting 40 minutes

"Popularity" does not equate to accuracy, or value.

The story was in the Telegraph's "How About That" section:

How about that?

From the unusual to the funny and the downright bizarre, we bring you a sample of weird news from around the world, along with cartoons, blogs and games... because news doesn't have to be serious.

(emphasis added)

As for accuracy, the quote about '40 minutes' is from your source. They got it wrong.

So, sadly, did you.

And, as for closing withe the ATS motto, isn't that what we're here for?

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I love all the armchair warrior decisions on what 'things are' on this site...no one here has any credentials first of all, we're all just enthusiasts..yet some here rush right to the most ABSURD explanations then fight tooth and nail with ZERO proof and rail against anyone that TRIES to illicit a common explanation with comments like dis info agent and such...its just SO silly.

I was actually accused of being a dis info agent due to my practical view on occurrences...you believe that? I mean first of all where do you sign up as a 'disinfo agent'? sounds fun? what does it pay?

Im learning that to even present an opinion outside the realm of fantasy is tantamount with being ostracized and ridiculed here.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Did I miss a post, or hasn't anyone noticed that the "object" appears exactly as the one filmed during an eclipse in Mexico City?

That one turned out to be Venus. Visible because of the dimness of the sun during totality. Venus, at mag. -3, is visible in daylight under certain conditions if you know where to look.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Actually, Jdub, the Daily Telegraph is a newspaper of record.

Newspaper of Record - a term that may refer either to any publicly available newspaper that has been authorized by a government to publish public or legal notices, or any major newspaper that has a large circulation and whose editorial and news-gathering functions are considered professional and typically authoritative.

The Daily Telegraph is not a tabloid or garbage.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would think whenever one of these is cleary sighted and photographed, we should be able to at least compare it to other craft exactly like it. Maybe they saw District 9 and are looking for that same brand of delicious cat food.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by jdub297

Actually, Jdub, the Daily Telegraph is a newspaper of record.

Show me where I said they were not!

You can't.

What I said was "popularity" does not equate to accuracy, or value. I also pointed out that the story was in the Telegraph "How About That" section.

Similar to a yankee paper's "News of the Weird" section.

Many publications "of record" are worthless trash.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They are a communist country, that enslaves and controls it's people through the media. I WOULD BELIEVE NOTHING THAT AIRS ON THEIR NETWORKS....PERIOD!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

And once again, like I said, the Telegraph is a paper of record. That means, Jdub, that the paper has accuracy and is authoritative on what matters they speak of...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ARNETT 187

What?
UFO's can't appear over communist states??

Their type of government has nothing to do with this.

I do however feel that footage should be released to the west for analysis.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It seems to me that China (subject of this thread) and Japan (disclosure of the wife of the new prime minister of Japan) are unofficially in a type of an alien disclosure race?
Will India follow next?

Οh! Τhe suspense!

We really should be paying attention to all that stuff..
Is the timing of both news pieces completely unintentional?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Which it will after they've studied it.

Most likely, like it's been said in the thread, if this is the real thing, they'll release the video to the UN.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This story is being brought to you THROUGH the Telegraph FROM All News Web.
The story is about the Youtube video that was created by All News Web!
Jesus Christ on a Crutch. I can't believe there was a point in time when I would argue just as some here are.

Not only that, but the Telegraph apparently at least KNEW the source was questionable because they put it in the "weird happenings" section of their paper.

This is a joke.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

WHAT are they studying?
Where is the video?
This UFO sighting reportedly had HUNDREDS of witnesses.
NO video... except for what is being alleged by All News Web.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join