It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
From the Daily Mail...

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing, China believe it is a real possibility that this footage of an unidentified flying object is the evidence we have all been waiting for.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Daily Mail

The footage is being taken seriously. But think about the political implications, what will the reaction be if China is the first nation to provide evidence of intelligent life in the Universe?

I'm sorry, but a video cannot provide proof. Evidence yes, but there's already lots of that!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNETT 187
They are a communist country, that enslaves and controls it's people through the media. I WOULD BELIEVE NOTHING THAT AIRS ON THEIR NETWORKS....PERIOD!

No one said you have to believe. Perception is a delusion.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There is a new video on youtube.com,(no new footage or pics) that states a website SINA.COM that is carrying this story, i visited this website and found no such story. Dont know why it is said to be there.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976
Two types of eclipses, solar and lunar, take your pick

Okay lessee...

Solar Eclipse... gets dark for a few minutes... not 40... and there is light in the pictures so can't be that..

Lunar Eclipse... well those happen at NIGHT... when the Moon is out... when it is DARK

Neither of which last 40 minutes

You guys are great comedians though... might be some openings in Vegas

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
There is a new video on youtube.com,(no new footage or pics) that states a website SINA.COM that is carrying this story, i visited this website and found no such story. Dont know why it is said to be there.

The Chinese....

Used a pretty faced girl as the singer for the Olympics... because the one with the voice didn't look good enough for TV..

Used CGI fireworks during the Olympic broadcasts...

Faked the Shenzhou 7 Space walk, filmed under water... their own people spotted the air bubbles... and the government released the 'live transmission'
on THURSDAY, the day before the launch, said it was a 'technical error'

Now we see this UFO story which may have some interest, being buried with BS so deep that even if it was real... no one will care

I still think it's Buzz Aldrin's prototype

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by bluemooone2

I love all the armchair warrior decisions on what 'things are' on this site...

Obviously you did not catch his sarcasm directed to Billy Meyers

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

China believe it is a real possibility that this footage of an unidentified flying object is the evidence we have all been waiting for.

The evidence we've all been waiting for? There is plenty of evidence already out there all we really need is the right people to acknowledge the existing evidence for what it is without the secrecy and cover-ups.

I think UFO disclosure will come and it will not be long perhaps within the next decade. However I don't think it will be much disclosure, we learn that yes its true that governments are aware of real UFOs and have been studying them for years. I doubt that there will be much if any information given regarding to what research and/or technology has been gained from the secret studies that have been going on forever. The reason being is I believe most of the findings have been used to further advance the military of certain world governments (US and Russia most likely). And I honestly don't see the need to keep UFOs a secret anymore.

As for this story in general I do hope that something will come to this but I share the same concerns as everybody else on them needing 12 months to study the film. They just need 12 months for most of us to forget all about this.

Just think if everything that has happened regarding UFOs in the last year all happened today for example. Don't you think more skeptics would be overwhelmed with enough evidence to become believers? I think so even though some people wouldn't believe if a ufo landed in their backyard.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by heineken

So, judging by their appearance, it does not make them scientists
Xenophobia is now the norm for disregarding a UFO sighting? Jesus.

The fact the Chinese authorities have allowed this to be aired on state media is interesting - something the Communists government has prevented and covered up allege incidents in the past (according to UFO researchers)

Hey it's the second time I commented on your name -- which is cool

Anyway, I'm under the impression the youtube video is not the one being held back and checked by scientists, but a footage shot by bystanders during the eclipse. We don't even know if the object is the same one that was filmed in the 40 min video. But IMO telling you there will be a 12 months delay is like saying "give up waiting already we're not gonna release it"

Not to mention, the Chinese military has shot plenty of interesting objects in airspace, as well as in THE space. Did you see any of the videos being released? I have a feeling if there's announcement, it will be an international one, most likely through UN. No single country can act on its own with this.

So, not really building up hopes for this.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
The Daily Telegraph is not a tabloid or garbage.

True but even I missed which SECTION the story was in

It IS under WEIRD NEWS
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Url of OP

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/6148974/Chinese-scientists-filmed-UFO-for-40-minutes

My faith in the Telegram has been restored...

Other breaking stories..

Great British Duck race breaks world record
A record breaking 205,000 plastic ducks floated down the Thames yesterday as part of the third annual Great British Duck Race

Model planes banned to save butterflies
Model aircraft enthusiasts have been banned from flying their planes over a rare butterfly habitat at Fairmile Common, Cobham, Surrey.

I can see some great threads lurking here

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
12 months to study 40 minutes of footage?
Wake me up when 20 minutes has been "studied" ........psshh..

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
UFO sighting in China TV News 2009
UFO sighting in China TV News 2009

Chinese news broadcast about a UFO sighting in July, 2009.

Also see the following, about the recent UFO sighting during the eclipse in China:

www.--.com...

www.--.com...

Enjoy

Now THIS is 'footage'

MORE UFOs in Chinese news

UFO filmed in Changsha, China - April 8, 2009 - News Broadcast

UFO Hunan China TV NEWS

UFO over Chengdu

Oops that one is another ANW presentation.. Amybe Cohen is a Chinese agent?

UFO - News broadcast of Xuzhou China UFO

So it seems that the Chinese TV stations are showing any and all UFO reports... and since all TV in China is state run I guess that makes i 'Official disclosure' from a certain point of view

[edit on 7-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ok I took some time to look further...here's what I've found:

Original news article
news.bjnews.com.cn...

google machine-translated
translate.google.com...

Summary: the news story actually talked about two things

1, "Unknown object"
The laboratory observed an unidentifiable object near the Sun, it's physical properties need to be further studied. It then quotes an American scientist who said how US SOHO telescope often observed unidentified flying objects near the Sun, and how the scientist thinks it's an indication there's other civilizations.

2, "Observation of the corona"
THEN, in the very same article, it mentions the successful continuous observation of the corona for 40 minutes during the day of eclipse (07-22), a first time for China. It would take 12 months to process the scientific data gathered during the observation.

Good grief! The misunderstanding could be caused by bad translations or attempt at sensationalism, or both.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by nighinfinite]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So far there has not been any good argument that this is a hoax. It's ok to be wrong skeptics.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

See the post directly above yours.
I'm not a debunker either.
I was just skeptical of this one story. And it looks like it is indeed sensationalism by a questionable source.

Unless they are idiots. But I doubt it. Someone meshed two stories.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
whats the conclusion of the investigation people? I mean, about the news

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My analysis:

There was an object of unknown nature caught during and after the eclipse.

I don't think The Telegraph would deliberatly lie on such details, I hope chinese friends on ATS can investigate this.

Because it appeared near an astronomical facility, scientists with their more advanced devices, may have had a very close look at the UFO.
They said it will take a year for analysis and public release.

Why?
Obviously if it was something clearly identifyiable like a plane or balloon, there'd be no need for the secrecy.
They probably need time to figure out if this is secret human tech or alien tech. And if it is indeed alien tech, they'd want to get all the data for their own research. Every country wants to be more advanced than the others.

Looking at the civilian picture, we can't say for sure what it is. The astonishing flying characteristics, the radar and often visual invisibility and other aspects of many UFOs tell me that it is not human.

I think we should be excited that the chinese have caught this. And I am happy they have, apparently they don't seem to mind sharing such issues with the people unlike western govts.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

See the post directly above YOURS and follow the trail upward.
Won't take you long.
If you must, it was called out very early.
BS.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

If there was indeed any secrecy, why are we hearing about it on this site?
Only to ask questions?
Who stands to gain?
The Observatory?
Why isn't it on their website?

I'll tell you who stands to gain. The media outlet releasing the bunk info.

Jesus Christ people, look about four posts up. The information is right there in black and white with links to the information.

This is bunk.
Sorry, six posts up to nighinfinite's post.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by JayinAR]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I believe this story has been blown out of proportion, as was pointed out, the 40 minute observation and the UFO are unrelated in the original story. The corona was what was under observation, and during that time an unidentified flying object was spotted. As stated, the ufo is being investigated, but the 12 month time frame is for the data processing on the sun/corona. I would be willing to bet my piggy bank that their footage of a ufo is no better than some footage we have already seen...it was just filmed by scientists, and will most likely be subject to the same questioning that all the others have, regardless what Chinese scientists say. I have a feeling if disclosure is a real thing, then it will be implemented by E.T.'s themselves, making it nearly impossible to cover-up or argue against. I'm still not convinced what-so-ever that our, or any other government is or has been in contact with other intelligent life behind closed doors. I have a feeling if any species mastered interplanetary travel in the manner that E.T.'s have then they are not dumb enough to leave a truth this enormous in the hands of a group of power-hungry politicians...if this is indeed what has happened, then I'm not so sure I want to meet the aliens who rode to earth in the short-bus...errr, short-ship.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
1st we have japanese predisent's wife (correct me if wrong)..going night shopping in the ever lasting green planet of Venus...than we have the Made in China 1.....with a japanese woman (creature) going shopping and her neighbour (the scientist)....and you call me skeptic

apologize

Well spotted, thats why chinese media are covering it, they are poking fun at the Japanese.

It was the Chinese media that had me, it gave it more credence somehow, but i'd forgotten that media is'nt just about information.

Excellently worked out heineken

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join