It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This footage is extraordinary, significantly because the Chinese state media have been showing this video. It is a rare event, never heard of, for the authorities to allow such footage to be broadcast.

So where is the promised footage? Your headline says 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes' Can I see this film? Cab I see a one minute clip?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
1st we have japanese predisent's wife (correct me if wrong)..going night shopping in the ever lasting green planet of Venus...than we have the Made in China 1.....with a japanese woman (creature) going shopping and her neighbour (the scientist)....and you call me skeptic

apologize

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing are reported to have confirmed that they filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes.

Am I the only one here who knows that there is no such thing as a "40 minute eclipse"?

Most of you know what I think of using youtube or -- as sources for ANYTHING without finding corroboration.

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 7-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Again, this is the Daily Telegraph - one of the most popular selling broadsheets in the United Kingdom. The video was from their website.

Please do not throw around the phrase "Deny Ignorance", you clearly do not understand its meaning

And if your intelligence gave you the ability to read and understand, you'd clearly see the event was for 40 minutes, during the process of an eclipse. Not an eclipse lasting 40 minutes

[edit on 7-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TheOracle
That is some solid footage right there.

"Footage" is a term used for video.... as in feet of rolling film... All we have here is a single photo?

Oy....

It's probably one of Gravwave LLC's test craft, the company that Buzz Aldrin is senior science adviser for in China

yup, i didn't see "footage" , i saw something for a couple of seconds against a blue backround...hundreds of millions of advanced cameras in the world, and this is what we get? the little 8mm cameras of the 60s, were as good as this. but when i shoot with my little 149 dollar nikon pocket camera that i got from best buy, i get great clear video. i guess when you shoot "UFOS", you have to make sure its grainy, badly lit, out of focus, and shakey and your camera can only run for a few seconds.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Since none of us seem to speak Chinese we really don't know what's going on in the video that was posted. But, it's logical to conclude that the stills shown in the video are not the 40 minutes of footage the article is talking about. It's more likely the video is an interview with a couple of people who saw the same object that was supposedly filmed from the observatory, they are clearly not Chinese scientists at a observatory. What's shown in the video is not the footage. Should the 40 minutes of footage exist, it's in the hands of the Chinese government now so good luck getting a look at it until they decide to release it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I see Zorgon beat me to it... but yeah.... it's an -- "thing" and it reeks of a hoax.

It kinda reminds me of the "bigfoot is killed and captured" thread of last year.
many, many people believed it and because of a few stills and testimonials, still believed up until the press conference..... where it turned out to be a hoax.

I hate these kind of things.... "We have proof.... but wait 2 weeks for the full video"

Like The stan romanek video too, it's all publicity seeking, attention grabbing BS.

And this is in no way aimed at the OP, they are just reporting the story and bringing it to our attention.

[edit on 7/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
then come on ppl...be more responsable flagging out threads....i came along since it was being flagged whilst the truth is that this thread belongs to next year...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after...or the after....then they might tell us if its legitimate ufo extreme real and for the 1st time an undeniable proof with a smoking cannon that our brother aliens came all over here to spy chinise farmers to see how they can grow vegetables without opening the eyes

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Those Chinese will get those UFOs soon, you betcha.

teslaandlyne (4 seconds ago)
My hint to the Chinese if they wish to have the UFO is to study electrical
science akin to Tesla that pushed the air and ether with high voltage.
They'll get there.
Best on your experiments.

That should do it.
Brave on Tesla UFOers.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If this vid is really causing a stir in the Chinese media, then perhaps what we should be asking is:

Is there anything else happening in China right now that they'd prefer to keep out of the headlines? Eclipsed, as it were, by this UFO story...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They are going to feel so stupid when they discover what they were staring at was the moon

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
if you zoom in with advanced methods, you can actually see the words "made in china" lol

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
First of all Heineken has absolutely no credibility in this thread, as far as I'm concerned.
God, I get sick of blind debunkers.
You DIDN'T EVEN READ THE SNIPPET OF THE ARTICLE PROVIDED IN THE OP!!

Aside from that, if this observatory is researching this video, it is not posted on their website that was linked on page one.
english.pmo.cas.cn...

Not that that means they aren't studying it, but I would expect if this was ACTUALLY being ran by the State Media, then the Observatory may be proud of the video.
But then again, as this doesn't really fall into their line of work (these folks study astrophysics and the like... I don't see any optical research projects on their site) they may not put it up as it could be being studied as an aside. Or maybe even bringing in other experts to work on it aside from their normal study focus.

And for the folks saying that this will be forgotten in a month... Are you SURE of that? Could it be that you are just now hearing about it and are trying to dismiss people of the story?
Once again, blind debunking makes me want to hurl. This case has been in the news for months now. If it has lasted this long, why would it suddenly disappear because the Government is allegedly working on it...

In regards to America not letting China release the info, in case you guys have been living under a rock for the last year, China OWNS the United States now. We don't have any ability to dictate ANYTHING to them.

Rant over... Please, do some research...
This is probably bogus, but we'll see.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
reply to post by flice

not only that...do we call this SOLID FOOTAGE?..

i mean...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aab33cec435d.jpg[/atsimg]

Somebody at the Pentagon will loose their job for letting them film one of our crafts.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Mate, you can go along to the shops and buy real looking but fake dog turds, it doesn't then follow that all dog turds are real looking but fake does it?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Telegraph and Sun are like The Onion.

Funny for people who know the type of news they show.

Funnier when there are people who takes the news seriously.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez
Since none of us seem to speak Chinese we really don't know what's going on in the video that was posted. But, it's logical to conclude that the stills shown in the video are not the 40 minutes of footage the article is talking about. It's more likely the video is an interview with a couple of people who saw the same object that was supposedly filmed from the observatory, they are clearly not Chinese scientists at a observatory. What's shown in the video is not the footage. Should the 40 minutes of footage exist, it's in the hands of the Chinese government now so good luck getting a look at it until they decide to release it.

I read in an article somewhere today that it was the observatory that got the 40 minutes video footage. If that is the case, would it be high quality video that is set up properly to film the sky? Do observatories have this kind of set up for filming?

I think the interview is just of other people that happened to see it and take pics.

I found the article I read earlier - it was The Daily Mail

Scientists at the Purple Mountain Observatory in Nanjing, China believe it is a real possibility that this footage of an unidentified flying object is the evidence we have all been waiting for. They have confirmed 40 minutes of footage of the object was captured during this summer's solar eclipse - and that research has already started on a year-long investigation to find out what it is. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... #ixzz0QRsw5TTj

And the scientists were not the only ones to capture the walnut-shaped object on camera. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... #ixzz0QRtKvHC5

I could be wrong but I read it as saying that the scientists at Purple Mountain Observatory filmed the walnut-shaped object but they weren't the only ones. I think the video and film with the 2 people interviewed is just showing some of the other ones mentioned in the article. No doubt there'll be even more people that will release their own pics and videos but how fantastic if the observatory really has some high quality video!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I kind of agree, however, I don't entirely think that if this was an "actual" UFO, the state would release the video. China is very controlling of what goes on in their country, and anything like this that could spark any kind of mass collective or groupthink would be completely quashed.

This doesn't smell right. What's REALLY going on, I don't know, though. However, we will find out soon, no doubt.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
double posted for some reason, sorry

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Highground]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
sorry but what does america even have to do with this? They don't own the world. Nobody has to report a damn thing to them, anyone can report footage to anyone they choose. To be honest i hope china are the first to disclose the truth because I'd believe it alot more from them than I would america.

rant over

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join