It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese scientists 'filmed UFO for 40 minutes'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Are you serious?

He actually said "A large American Chinese lantern"? And this bloke has a doctorate...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
reply to post by heineken

hm... the way I read it was that these guys were bystanders and the footage shown is the civilian footage, where the science footage is held back till they have looked at it.

That's right, the video seen was filmed by students. people are to quick to comment before reading what's put out for them.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What the hell kind of observatory is it if the best they can do is a crappy point and shoot camera? Problems with the budget or something?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Am I the only one here who knows that there is no such thing as a "40 minute eclipse"?

Yes you are... now stop messing up the thread with reason.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What the hell kind of observatory is it if the best they can do is a crappy point and shoot camera? Problems with the budget or something?

read the post above, or even better read the full article before posting a pointless comment.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Good Lord! There's a post above you and you still post it!

What you are seeing in this thread was caught by civilians! The real footage, the forty minute footage, is under review right now. We have not seen that footage yet, and probably won't until around the summer in 2010.

Ignorance, people! Just check the damn thread!

You can't be this ignorant if the post IS ABOVE YOU stating who took the pictures!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
One thing that struck me was they appear to have already decided it's going to take a year to decide whether it's bogus or not? Why a year? I'm sure I could have a butchers at it for them and tell them in a couple of mins.. If as many people witnessed this as is suggested there should be a fair amount of images and digital footage of varying quality that the UFO eggheads to study, argue and debate over but I suspect this will end up the file marked "Whatever happened to..."

B

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Check the damned thread indeed.
There is absolutely ZERO indication that this footage is being reviewed anywhere.
The source of the claims is a bunk media outlet.

It has been picked up by two more "legitimate" outlets, but the source of the claim is very much in question.

The observatory in question makes ZERO mention of it on their website.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by jdub297

Again, this is the Daily Telegraph - one of the most popular selling broadsheets in the United Kingdom. The video was from their website.

Please do not throw around the phrase "Deny Ignorance", you clearly do not understand its meaning

Again the Video is NOT from the Telegram on their website... the video is a youtube link posted by Allnewsweb on youtube...

Please do not insult the intelligence of those who really are here to "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Check the damned thread indeed.
There is absolutely ZERO indication that this footage is being reviewed anywhere.
The source of the claims is a bunk media outlet.

It has been picked up by two more "legitimate" outlets, but the source of the claim is very much in question.

The observatory in question makes ZERO mention of it on their website.

They cant put their finds on their website until they've studied the footage for their 12 month time period. When they know something, hopefully we will.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Excellent footage

But: The amount of valid footage goes into the thousands, its time to ask the second-base questions rather than lingering at first base on whether flying discs exist or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

Did you look at the site?
I doubt it.
They have a little section on the site entitled "Research Projects."

Nothing about it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

Did you look at the site?
I doubt it.
They have a little section on the site entitled "Research Projects."

Nothing about it.

If they're still studying the footage, what is there to tell. Do you want them to just guess, or make it up, or study it properly to find out exactly what it is, and then put it on their site.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

i think jayinr is saying that it should at least state that they are lookinginto some recent UFO footage, and i agree with him.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Orby is right, JayIn.

If this is the real case, this evidence will have to be reviewed careful before being shown to the world.

This is not a ten second, "Let's see if this fake or not" review of video footage, alright?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Which they are...

It's from the July Eclipse. That's not recent? It was less then two months ago!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

very true, but considering this news is all over the web, they should at least state on their web page that they are looking into it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Excellent footage

Hi Sky...

Can you please share with me this "Excellent footage"

In my thinking 'footage' is a film of a moving object... all I have seen is footage of a still photo... I must have missed something?

Four threads on this Allnewsweb report, a site that was blocked from ATS until now?

I must have stepped into the wrong time line or everyone is taking the Green pill

No official confirmation anywhere... a new thread "Come on ATS, what happened? "http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread498947/pg1

Well what has happened? This is scary....

link   

"filmed a UFO during the eclipse for 40 minutes"

So. Why was the sun that bright during the eclipse?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Pathos]

link   

exactly, so that is..........dum dum duuuum....recent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join