It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - This is *Evil* - (Warning - Subliminal Photos/Messages)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So i don't know exactly what to make of this video. I mean I don't think Gervais and Elmo are evil or sesame street for that matter. I mean I have seen some questionable stuff on sesame street over the years and PBS is one of my favorite channels since they bring us NOVA, Charlie Rose, Austin City Limits, etc. I mean i don't understand what you mean by subliminal messages cause there aren't any here its just been cut and edited for whatever reason. I mean I suppose one could look at this as an Ode to Animal Farm as the pig represents Napolean and the evil Stalin. I mean he is the only "evil" pig I can think of off the top of my head. I often wonder if they still assign Animal Farm to be read in school like I did in 10th grade and watched the cartoon. Is this what you were thinking people would "see" by watching this? I don't know but that is my observation.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I found this video extremely comical.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And, I repeat, nothing real or not, has come even close to my reaction to the piggy vid.

You've seen butchered animals and humans alike (paramedic) and this video trumps everything? I'm visualising you covering your eyes, your face contorted in fear, like someone has a gun to your head...is it like that?

I was hesitant to suggest this at first because some here shared your feelings to a degree however from my observations, I would say your more freaked out at the video than anyone here, right? Why? Perhaps something struck a personal chord, relating to your life, a repressed memory? I'm being serious, like I really could see why, asthetically (sp?) the pig suit would be scary but the pictures hidden are just of various pigs, one in a cage nothing grotesque or indicitive of evil?

Either something about the actual viewable content of the video is affecting you in a major way subconsciously or your reading into it way too much, is that not plausible?

[edit on 9/4/2009 by JKersteJr]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

But yeah, the music is a huge factor too!

Well I was listening to some good rasta vibes so that may explain it.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Simplified]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

"Considering hate is easier, and, doesn’t require anything but feeding on baser tendencies then yes I agree.
It takes courage to believe in love.
Hate, anyone can do it - and they do.
Surprisingly easily in fact."

I really will go to bed after this, but I felt I needed to respond to this part.

You are absolutely right, without a doubt that hate takes little to no effort to follow. That is how our world is sorted, through separation, domination, and manipulation. However, if there was a different order.................then love would be easier than hate. And hate, even though easier on a superficial level, always destroys itself, forcing the individual to look deeper. Eventually, he or she is merely a black hole, and there is no choice but to love. Of course, some individuals seem to be able to get by without facing their cores, but this does not last forever. A parasite eventually sucks dry the hosts. When their is no other to feed off of, one must feed off of oneself, killing one's "self," only to be born again in a different light. I strongly believe that the culmination of human belief's and behaviors overlap to create a pattern reconciling its parts. Heck, a computer program reconciles its parts into one greater purpose. A clear example of when this purpose is not met, is when the program gets stuck in an infinite loop. Segments of the world are stuck in an "infinite loop" of division and blindness to anything "other," which of course leads to blindness of self. But we are not merely binary, we are dynamic beings, so the infinite loop is transcended when enough cognitive dissonance hits.

If the world is run through AN invisible hand of greed and prideful separation, then that hand eventually stabs itself once it has run its course. It does not go down without a fight mind you. It seeks hosts in vast frontiers, but eventually runs dry. The closer the world gets to convergence point of universal destruction, the more THE invisible hand of love gathers elements to create a convergence point of universal creation.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by parrothead0333

There are photos *hidden* underneath the main video you're watching.
It flashes pictures that your mind reads, and sees, but, you don't consciously until it's pointed out to you.

Funny, that once you see them, when you watch the video again, you’ll always see them - almost in slow motion.

Look here on page 5 for example Mopus has uploaded still photos that are flashed before your eyes while you're watching the video.

Mopus uploads

Also, here Deathproof has added tick marks (seconds) when the pictures are flashed.

tick points

Take a look, see if you can spot one, then go back and watch again.

peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

OH SHEEE!! CALL THE COPS..

God .. no offense, but you're not having a party upstairs are ya... You need help.

Do NOT - I repeat DO NOT - ever watch a marylin manson clip. God forbid you ever see a Aphex Twin clip... Oh man...

You're too pretty for that..

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yup, not evil, at all, very entertaining, coolish music , good sense of humour.

With all due respect (and i do mean that) i would question my own perceptions and pschological makeup if something llike this triggered 'evil' thoughts. Consider it like a Rorschach test, it says more about the viewer than the subject matter.

Also the subliminal stuff is just part of the fun, it is'nt going to have any effect on anyone.....except maybe those who find it evil, but it's too late for them anyway

Really, honestly, this is just art, a bit of fun and a bit of intelligence to create an entertaining video for a.....and this bit is important........certain type of market/consumer.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JKersteJr

You've seen butchered animals and humans alike (paramedic) and this video trumps everything? I'm visualising you covering your eyes, your face contorted in fear, like someone has a gun to your head...is it like that?

I’ve butchered animals and seen human bodies in conditions rendering them nearly unidentifiable, yes.
Covering my eyes, face contorted, gun to my head? No.

I don't face fear with my eyes closed, but head on.
Then, I examine it, and try to fight it, or, at least make sense of it.
This video does not make any rational sense to me, and, it leaves me with a feeling of *evil* - something I’ve experienced twice before in my life.

I was hesitant to suggest this at first because some here shared your feelings to a degree however from my observations, I would say your more freaked out at the video than anyone here, right?

In my own way I’ve reacted to it, yes.
Felt *freaked out*, no.
As for feeling more or less than anyone else, I don’t use other peoples fear to gauge my own.
And no, it isn’t fear I feel, it’s evil.

Why? Perhaps something struck a personal chord, relating to your life, a repressed memory? I'm being serious, like I really could see why, asthetically (sp?) the pig suit would be scary but the pictures hidden are just of various pigs, one in a cage nothing grotesque or indicitive of evil?

It could be, but, the two times I knew I was in the presence of evil, it wasn’t a matter of something coming from me or directed at me, just evil as a *thing/presence*.
So, having these two situations to call on - and - having no doubt I am left feeling the same was as before, I call it evil.
And it is for me.
Doesn’t have to be for everyone, but, in my experience, it is evil.

Either something about the actual viewable content of the video is affecting you in a major way subconsciously or your reading into it way too much, is that not plausible?

Could it be a combination of subliminal photos and something that’s been molded into my personal character, yes.
But that does not take away from the fact, in my opinion, it is evil.

Thanks for your post - interesting insight and question.
I appreciate your time.
peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think people are getting the point here.
I saw A Clockwork Orange referenced in regards to the still-frame photos embedded in the reel.

This isn't what happens in this video.

This video is subliminal. The frames appear and disappear so quickly that you don't notice them at all. Until you have seen them once.

Now, the pig in the lawn chair was noticeable. It appeared a little too long. However, the others, the ones with the molecular structures on the background of the frame (and the one with the bird and pig dying and decaying) were too quick to be noticeable by my conscious mind.
However, my subconscious would have picked up on them...

What is all over the news at this very instant?
Swine flu. Swine flu mixed with avian flu.

This is how swine flu was brought into the mix and it applies, imo.

It is a twisted video.
ENGINEERED to generate a negative response. No different than any of the other shock jocks, I suppose. Except I disagree with subliminal messages in general.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Watched Marilyn, makes me laugh. It's absurd.
As for Rubber Johnny, been there seen that - blah.
As for the other guy?
I'd have to check. (or is he the one that did Rubber Johnny)?

Is it so hard to think there may be evil - recognized by some, and not all?

A possibility isn't it?

Thanks

[edit on 4-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hurt - NIN (Live)

Breathe - Prodigy

Mr Krinkle - Primus
(one LONG continuous shot featuring a guy in a pig costume!!!)

Geto boys - Mind playing tricks *explicit lyrics

Necro - I need drugs

all of these are music videos, so they are all considered art, but if you take into account the thought and effort that went into these, coupled with the sibliminal messages within, well its all pretty crazy.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I completely fail to see anything scary in the pig mask you are referring to. Actually it is kinda funny. The eyes and the teeth are surprisingly realistic. Seems like it was made in the silent movie era when you look at the footage where the piggy is dancing. Can anybody locate which silent movie it is from, almost better masking than in The Planet Of The Apes (1968), though seems like it is from 1928...

The roasted (real) pig in the beginning of the video is totally horrendous though. Makes me think that vegetarians are right and it would be morally a great thing to become a vegetarian. I am too lazy to give up my kebabs though. Maybe I should really think about becoming a vegetarian, really...

So you people think that the fake pig mask is scary? And the really un-scary and non-horrendous part is the real roasted pig in the beginning?

Oops, the original video is Le cochon danseur (1907), I will repost it here, since it is horrible to go through the whole thread to find it...

Maybe the collective unconsciousness is a bit shaky with the pig flu and that is why you find this scary?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Etsivä Romppainen]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You think a video someone made with sesame street characters and an old 1904 play is evil but your talking about murdering your animal children and thats just okay?

They gave back to you? I can't wait until you give back to your government.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

This is how swine flu was brought into the mix and it applies, imo.

It is a twisted video.
ENGINEERED to generate a negative response.

I’m still waiting - and in hopes the guy who made the video will show up here.
Thought he was headed over a couple of hours ago.

I’d like to ask him about your quote above.
I have a feeling he will agree with you.

But again, to reiterate, I’ve been trying to use the video as a tool to explore what one person sees as evil, another finds laughable, etc, with added subliminals or not, it’s a side point we came across a few pages into the thread, but, I still believe might be very influential depending on the viewer.

And yes, that might just include me, lol.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Etsivä Romppainen

I completely fail to see anything scary in the pig mask you are referring to. Actually it is kinda funny.
The roasted (real) pig in the beginning of the video is totally horrendous though.

Cool outlook.
Point taken, thanks.

And here’s me that can butcher and scrape a hog without a flinch - but the freaky evil pig face grinning and the tongue thing and the eyes rolling - evil!

peace

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I hate to use it as an expression but I'm lolling my a%% off - are people just trawling out the bits of my posts they agree with most and re-using them?

Seriously...

The source clip, IMDB references, Rubber Johnny video and some comments too, not wishing to be a rampant egotist but...

I think a few here are getting lost on the definition of Subliminal too:

Adjective
resulting from or relating to mental processes of which the individual is not aware

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Specifically here, we're talking about images that are fractions of a second, too fast for the conscious brain to necessarily register.

The video doesn't make me feel at all uneasy - to the OP maybe it has something to do with the actual frame-rate of the video or something else like that, you seem to have seen some pretty gory things and withstood them, as have I yet this didn't unsettle me at all (personally).

By the way have you ever seen Eraserhead - if so what effect did it have on you?

[edit on 4/9/0909 by jokei]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The video was awesome.

After reading your disclaimer I was expecting something scary, but I just started laughing when it started.

As it kept going I started dancing and laughing in my chair. Hilarious video, I don't know what the problem is with it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There is a lot of brilliant commentary in this thread, but the best post of the bunch is here, IMO:

post by ivycutler

Thanks Ivy.

What I want to comment: this thread appears to speak more about the power of suggestion than the power of subliminal messages.

The OP starts off by calling this the most EVIL of videos. As a result a lot of people saw that particular evil.

If the OP had called this a strange and wickedly funny video, I think some of these people who thought this was evil would have left with a smile, instead.

I think so, anyway.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Axial Leader]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join