It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS IS TOO SLOW. thanks to advertisers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

yes master

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Is that ok now?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

its too small now. and it dont matter if it is to big as long as it is within the allowed, kb wich i think might me 140 im not sure.cant really remember.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Yea it looks fine, Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

You are wrong, when a member uses an avatar wider than 160px it distorts the members Public Profile page, the larger the image the more distorted the page becomes.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

i know but it is only their page. and that it has been mentioned before and several times, that it doesnt matter how big it is along it is within the the amount of memory. and that those dimensions are really just a guidline.

anyways, bbcode is enabled in the description part of the persons personal page wich means they can add pictures, and video wich distorts it horribly.

the rules are not for the personal page, but rather for the amount of space it take up on the forums.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

ATS too slow??? Nope not here

it's rather too fast

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I know I've had more problems when I wasn't signed in. I also need more memory. I occassionally delete cookies as well. Maybe cookies are the problem if they aren't updated? Even with cable, I still have problems here sometimes.

Since we're on the subject, ( sorta) BTS shimmers or shakes when I get bumped from a thread sent there ......and the other day; I had some radio or TV/cable program audio playing while on here, but it went away when I refreshed the page. So weird. I think I've been hacked.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well you can thank those advertisers, they are the ones who keep ATS afloat my friend.

Errr, no.....it's US actually.

Without us they're just pretty (& annoying) pictures.

Someone has to click on them to make the pennies that keeps this boat floating!

Personally I don't have the ads as I'm in the 300/300/300 club, and use "ADBLOCK PLUS" on all other sites to eliminate just about ALL internet adverts and create a more pleasant and quicker browsing experience. but "adblockers" are against the ATS T&C so be warned.

Happy browsing.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
allright so someone enlighten me what is the 300/300/300 club again?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

300 posts + 300 flags + 300 stars = no ads

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
so people have to give me 300 stars and 300 flags on my threads and i have to have atleast 300 posts?
is it an automatic thing or i write the moderators when i am rdy?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I believe it triggers automatically.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It does trigger autommatically as suggested by ShroedingersDog.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I still think you should be able to purchase the no ad mode in the ATS store.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it's against the terms and conditions, which you agreed to when you signed up here, to disable ads.

*Hides in the corner*
I did not know that, who reads the T&C? I sorry, disabling adblock now, didn't realize you had ads.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Sauron

i know but it is only their page. and that it has been mentioned before and several times, that it doesnt matter how big it is along it is within the the amount of memory. and that those dimensions are really just a guidline.

No they're not simply a "guideline". The size restrictions are size restrictions not size "use-it-or-don't-use-it"...

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

Avatar and signature guidelines (Don't be mislead by the "guidelines" iin the thread title. Different meaning.)

Even though an oversized avatar doesn't actually show up in the threads (because of some very clever coding) the entire image is still loaded, you just don't see it. In other words, if I had a 5 MB avatar, then you may only see the top left corner of my gigantic avatar next to my posts. But every time a page with one of my posts are loaded all 5 MBs of my avatar is loaded...

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I don't find it to be slow at all. Sure it doesn't load instantly within nanoseconds, but what site does? Very few.
The advertisements aren't a real bother, at least ATS does not have pop-ups and pop-under advertising, or redirects to full page ads that require you to click "skip this ad" to continue browsing the site.

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by MR BOB

If you work super hard and get to the 300/300/300 level, you don't see ads.

I don't know if that helps... advertisements aren't chosen by the site owners or anyone having anything to do with ATS. It's a random thingy through the ad network that they use.

What's this 300/300/300 thing?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12

What's this 300/300/300 thing?

Earlier in this thread:

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

300 posts + 300 flags + 300 stars = no ads

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join