It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS IS TOO SLOW. thanks to advertisers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Most of the time when refreshing, an ATS webpage. it takes over a minute to reload the page due to the adverts. this is because it takes too long to connect to the avdertisers servers. (proobably because they are being viewed on a thousand other websites)

So instead of connecting to the adverts first. can you not change the site so that they are connected to after it has loaded up ats please.

I think it is important to add it is not my connection i have at least 4mb at most times.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

If you work super hard and get to the 300/300/300 level, you don't see ads.

I don't know if that helps... advertisements aren't chosen by the site owners or anyone having anything to do with ATS. It's a random thingy through the ad network that they use.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That helps me Raven, i asked about that noads thing just a moment ago in another thread (worst ads one)

So taa

*gets posting*

edit- do you have to get 300 applauses too, or is it just flags/stars?

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

i know this but if you read my post you will see what i am puting forward.
(this second reply 2day i seen you not read op, it really helps you know)

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

just flags and stars and posts. not applause,, otherwise it would take too long ~

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Flags, stars, and posts.

Mr Bob, I saw what you suggested. I know nothing about in which order the site connects to it's servers so I cannot answer you. I read everything you wrote. I believe that a quick fix would be to reach 300/300/300 by working hard, and you won't need to worry about seeing the advertisements on ATS at all. That will certainly speed things up for you.

But if you want the specifics of the server order and if it's possible to change that, I cannot help you, I was just suggesting a possible alternative.

I always read the OPs, sometimes I choose to ignore specific parts of it that I cannot personally address.

[edit on 9/2/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Flags, stars, and posts.

Thank gawd for that! (and you both)

I'll stop the derail now, thanking yoos.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't have any problem whatsoever loading ATS. I get my page coming up in a split second. Maybe you should check your internet connection? Not being facetious, just a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i think its ur crappy connection/internet/browser

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Good point. Mr. Bob, what browser do you use?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i really dont think so. . and am using firefox 3.0. (or higher with updates)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

i know, i have often have to reload 6 times to find an advert it agrees with.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I use Safari and I have no problems at all, if you're on a Mac that's a good option.

I'm not sure how Safari runs with Windows... but you can always try that.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I use regular Internet Explorer on Windows with the pop up blocker turned on and have no problems.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well you can thank those advertisers, they are the ones who keep ATS afloat my friend.

Waiting a minute for a page isn't as bad as there being no page to refresh now is it?

I think it's a browser problem however, because you don't connect to advertisers before the site. You connect to ATS load the page date and THEN it loads the adverts.

Probably a browser issue, or spyware/addware related.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

it connect to the site, find s the advert and then loads the rest of the page.

and i have no spyware/adware issues.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I use regular Internet Explorer on Windows with the pop up blocker turned on and have no problems.

your avatar is to big

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
it's against the terms and conditions, which you agreed to when you signed up here, to disable ads.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry my friend, but you're incorrect.

You connect to ATS, which begins serving content in a linear fashion. Before the actual page content is served, ATS relays third party content such as tracking scripts and advertisement, then the page content is sent, and the client browser renders the page.

sometimes its fast, sometimes its slow. There are indeed times when an ATS user may have to wait several minutes for a single page to load. The worst part is that most of the time, its' nothing that ATS can do anything about. If the quantcast servers, for example, are having some sort of difficulty serving the requested script to a particular client, that client's going to have to wait for it to either load or time out before the rest of the page is rendered.

As a web developer, I deal with this all the time. Trust me, it's a very real issue, and those that haven't experienced it should consider themselves lucky instead of spouting that the user doesn't know what they're talking about and that it's their internet connection. ATS is extremely well written, and performs exceptionally well given the workload. This issue is confined to data served by third party servers.

So, in summation, it's not ATS that's slow, it's ads.doubleclick.net (by far the worst offender), or quantserve.com etc.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join