It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAST UFO video - Skeptics beat this !!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu
Great Footage!!!
Did anyone also see the huge Orb flying by at 0:40???

That may have been a bird/inscet since it seemed very close to the camera! But good catch

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm near sure this is a bird, it also seems to be below the cloud cover.Still, a useful post anyway.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

It isn't pulsing.

The light gets bigger and smaller. When the birds wing goes down, the light gets brighter. When the wing goes up, it gets dimmer.

Watch it again and you can see it.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steilhe
Hard to say that this isn't a bird.

Pulsing = flapping its wings

If you count the pulse it's too slow for it to be a flapping bird! Unless it is diving down and is gliding, which this is not the case since the size of it exactly the same!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Bleh .. chirp chirp tweet it's a bird. Maybe if you actually opened your eyes when you watch these videos... you won't come off looking so naive...

just a thought.

It is a matter of perception, not being naive!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I never once saw a bird glowing like a light. Have you? Besides I saw the same footage as you and bird never entered my mind.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I love threads saying "SKEPTICS BEAT THIS" or "PROVE THIS IS FAKE".

Because they are usually and unanimously proven fake within a few minutes, as seen here.

it always provides me with a chuckle.

This could be any type of nocturnal flying animal or insect.

What is funner is that if a UFO landed on a lawn of an skeptic he'll come up with ANY reason to dismiss it as a UFO as you can see above

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the "pulse" may be the object going in and out of focus and without seeing anything else in the area those clouds could be 20 feet above the ground for all we know.

What is funner is that if a UFO landed on a lawn of an skeptic he'll come up with ANY reason to dismiss it as a UFO as you can see above

Just because someone does not think that this vid has a UFO in it does not mean they are a skeptic.

And at :35 you can see a really low flying orb go right infront of the camera

[edit on 31-8-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Although we have no real perspective here to judge this 'object' against, we do still have the clouds. And one thing I did notice is that this "thing" was still visible below the cloud ceiling (for most of the video until lost towards the end of the video).

This leads me to believe that it's much closer than one might expect if it were a true "unknown craft". And as also mentioned, it does appear to have a intermittent pulse or 'flapping" which then leads me to believe that this is a winged bat/bird/bug. We certainly can rule out that it's not a satellite, a Chinese lantern or weather balloon simply by the trajectory path it takes.

Being a user of IR equipment myself in my investigations and research, I know that it is possible to still get an image of most anything (including organic and/or red-blooded) even it is beyond the limits of the transmitting IR beam simply because it's taking the ambient light and being amplified by means of the IR Spectrum and/or the optics/CCD that are coupled in many nightvision devices. Now this is not always the case and has a lot to do with the location of where one is capturing/investigating. But if your shooting footage in or near an area (such as a small metropolis/town), there's a greater chance of it illuminating birds/bugs/bats in the sky even if the IR light is switched off. If the footage is shot in the hills or away from the ambient city lighting, then the chance for what is captured being a "true unknown" is greatly increased (percentage wise).

So although this may not be an object typically called to fashion a "UFO", it would still make for great reference footage to compare against something that really makes your hair stand on it's end. And if other source material/footage were to be shot that disproves the above theories/conjecture, then that's just one more piece of the puzzle for us all to utilize, consider and/or reference back to.

Johnny

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
Although we have no real perspective here to judge this 'object' against, we do still have the clouds. And one thing I did notice is that this "thing" was still visible below the cloud ceiling (for most of the video until lost towards the end of the video).

This leads me to believe that it's much closer than one might expect if it were a true "unknown craft". And as also mentioned, it does appear to have a intermittent pulse or 'flapping" which then leads me to believe that this is a winged bat/bird/bug. We certainly can rule out that it's not a satellite, a Chinese lantern or weather balloon simply by the trajectory path it takes.

Being a user of IR equipment myself in my investigations and research, I know that it is possible to still get an image of most anything (including organic and/or red-blooded) even it is beyond the limits of the transmitting IR beam simply because it's taking the ambient light and being amplified by means of the IR Spectrum and/or the optics/CCD that are coupled in many nightvision devices. Now this is not always the case and has a lot to do with the location of where one is capturing/investigating. But if your shooting footage in or near an area (such as a small metropolis/town), there's a greater chance of it illuminating birds/bugs/bats in the sky even if the IR light is switched off. If the footage is shot in the hills or away from the ambient city lighting, then the chance for what is captured being a "true unknown" is greatly increased (percentage wise).

So although this may not be an object typically called to fashion a "UFO", it would still make for great reference footage to compare against something that really makes your hair stand on it's end. And if other source material/footage were to be shot that disproves the above theories/conjecture, then that's just one more piece of the puzzle for us all to utilize, consider and/or reference back to.

Johnny

Good point Johnny, one thing to note though! I can't find the "intermittent " pulse, from how I counted them the pulses are timed exactly the same through the video no matter what angle it turns to, if it were a bird I would expect to see some randomness between these pulses to indicate glide up/down. Birds don't always have exact same flapping pattern and are random.

Thanks for your input though, alway appreciate good debate rather then just passing a judgement!

[edit on 31-8-2009 by freighttrain]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So what do you think? Did us skeptics once again rise to the challenge and present you with a reasonable alternative possible explanation? Something other than "aliens from space?"

I believe we did.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Just an example of the stuff you pick up when filming in IR durring daylight, at night you still pick up all the things in the air just not as many of them. Now can you tell the distance of any of these objects?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
So what do you think? Did us skeptics once again rise to the challenge and present you with a reasonable alternative possible explanation? Something other than "aliens from space?"

I believe we did.

LOL, well again i never said it was Alien, could be man made!

I thought my view on it was fairly "reasonable alternative possible explanation" as well !

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
lastly I never claimed this is an ALIEN object all I mention is this is UFO and can surely be man made or alien!

While you never were explicit in making the claim, you did use loaded language in the opening post, challenging skeptics to debunk your claim and asking if they were "believers" after watching the video. In essence, you made a claim without making a claim. Now, when it is demonstrated there may be prosaic explanations and others have called you on the definition of UFO, you are attempting to weasel out of your claims by saying there was never a claim in the first place.

Show a modicum of respect for your fellow members by not engaging in these semantic games.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

if a ufo landed on the lawn of anyone.. wouldnt it not be considered a ufo anymore.. the person whos lawn this thing landed on has now determined it is a 'Alien Space Craft' or whatever it is.. hence it not Unidentified anymore LOL

but yeh nice vid OP, but i must admit it does kinda look like a bird at some parts, but u never know still considered a UFO to me tho

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Kr0nZ]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Much like a true believer will think any light in the sky is an alien craft, regardless of any semantic games they play. Right?

[edit on 31-8-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think it's probably a bird, and for those that say that birds don't fly at night, tell that to the seagulls that insist in flying over my house, screaming like crazy, at 4AM!

And the speed of the "pulsing" is consistent with a largish bird, it looks a little too fast for a seagull (the ones I see (and hear) the most), so I think it could be a bird that relies less on hovering and more in flapping its wings.

Also, the speed at which the birds flap their wings is also related to the density of the air (that is why some people in the old days knew when it was going to rain, they used some things, like the speed of the flapping of the bird's wings, to know how the weather was going to be, and I use the same system), so when the air pressure is lower the birds have to flap their wings faster to compensate for the thinner air, but during the night they may have to flap their wings faster because there may be less hot air rising and helping them.

I don't see anything that makes it impossible to be a bird.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steilhe
Hard to say that this isn't a bird.

Pulsing = flapping its wings

If you count the pulse it's too slow for it to be a flapping bird! Unless it is diving down and is gliding, which this is not the case since the size of it exactly the same!

I did count the pulse, how do you figure it's too slow for a flapping bird? What pulse rate did you count? What is the flap rate for a bird?

The answer to the last question is, that in general, the smaller the bird, the faster the flap rate, the larger the bird, the slower the flap rate.

wings.avkids.com...

The vulture flaps its wing once per second.

I think it's flapping (pulsing) more than once a second, so that means it would probably be smaller than a vulture, but certainly within the frequency of birds. You could rule out hummingbird, as they do flap very fast as you suggest. But please consider the size of the bird and realize that not all birds flap at the same frequency.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

I have very mixed opinions on this one. On one hand, it looks like those "flashies" I've been seeing. Those crazy things that flash and fly all over the place FAST. I very crudely illustrated one here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ff8182b9086.gif[/atsimg]

If it is one of those, someone did a hell of a job filming it because they're so fast that I don't think I could keep up with one with a camera.

On the other hand, I hate to say it, but it looks like a bird.

S&F though. Could be one of those critters Zorgon speaks of!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
its nothing...really. The path of the object takes to many course changes to abruptly. Why would a UFO take such a zigzag nonsensical path to its destination. Or is it just joy riding....

Well since you enjoy this kind of thing, I thought I would throw this out for the UFers.

educate-yourself.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join