It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAST UFO video - Skeptics beat this !!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's BIG BIRD, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey

Thanks bro, for your in depth analysis!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yes it must be a bird!!! - you can see the wings, beak and its scrawny little legs - any more qualifications along the lines of a bird?

How about flight characteristics of said pulsing object allegedly crossing the skies at high speed?

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
How about flight characteristics of said pulsing object allegedly crossing the skies at high speed?
What speed do you think the object is flying?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What speed do i think its flying? fair question, thks.

If we can find out:

a) location of person that filmed the OBJECT to nearest longitude and latitude

b) Find out the date and approx time it was filmed

c) Identify any known constellations in the heavens at that time

Then I am sure that with the expertise on this board and some basic trigonometry/astronomy we can determine whether the OBJECT is flying at a speed that is:

1) within nocturnal bird flight characteristics (0-30mph perhaps?)
2) within known aircraft characteristics and speed
3) within known G-Force capabilties at given speed or not
4) within all of the above or not etc
5) is not within all of the above and thus must be deemed an unidentified flying object behaving in a manner not capable of earth bound aircraft.

We then add secondary criteria perhaps:

1) can we observe wings, beak or scrawny legs? (;-))
2) apply any other secondary criteria known to be characteristic of known terrestrial aircraft flight and likewise known (by virtue of multiude of expert evidence) extraterrestrial craft.

From there continue to deduct.

And thus arrive at an assumption...that is likely more accurate than.....duh its a CGI script/a Hoax/a Bird, because "INSERT UNINFORMED COMMON DENOMINATOR"

But let me be clear - an extremely gullible individual is as equally as "dangerous" as an extremely entrenched skeptic - I just seek the middle path.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Yes, that was more or less what I said in page 6, if we can identify the stars we can know the object's angular speed and from there get the speed at different altitudes, for which we have no references.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
we alrdy no they existtttttttt
when are we gunna get some footage of aliens themselves??

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Looking at the spec for this NV equipment i noticed the field of view is 5 degrees, Which may help us find out how far away the object is ?

So if we assume a fast bird may hit 90 kph and it would take approx 5 seconds for it to cover from edge to edge of the pic at a guess, Then using those figures i think that gives us a figure of around 125 mtrs ?

Then using the 5 degrees field of view to triangulate up to 125 mtrs, Gives us a distance to the object of around 1430 mtrs ?

Is that right ? ...........Maths was never a strong point.

Also the equipment is set at 5x magnification which although i don't think alters the calculation, It would mean that the objects size would appear as it would at approx 210 mtrs distance.

Not sure if this helps any (i might be totally off, it is 5am :lol

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

awsome its incredible how fast it is traveling. nice vid

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hmm that is an interesting video. Anyone who uses night vision often would know that birds look quite a bit different in NV, and are not often brighter than stars (unless you're using IR light).

My first impression was a satellite, because of the speed and light emission, but the obvious change in direction makes that questionable.

I'm not convinced its a craft of any sort, but its definitely not a bird or a sat.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

If we consider that the sky is covering 180º, 5º is just 1/36 th of that. A distance of 100 metres is the same as a radius of 100 metres, to which corresponds a perimeter of 628 metres for a full circumference. 5º is 1/72 th of a full circumference, so it would be 8.7 metres.

As the object takes around 4 seconds to cross the screen, it would mean 2.2 m/s or 7.8 km/h.

But if the altitude was 1000 metres instead of 100 then all measurements must be multiplied by 10, giving a speed of 78 km/h.

Just as a comparison, the ISS is in an orbit that is 350 km above Earth's surface, so it would be 350*78=27,300 km/h. According to Wikipedia, the ISS average speed is 27,274 km/h.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ok so that pretty much confirms my calculations, Although yours are probably more precise. Anyhow i think it shows we can determine the distance of known objects using this particular NV device.

So the question is are we looking at a bird that is 1km away ?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Freight Train, you amaze me constantly. All ypur videos are superb!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Cool video. Interesting whatever it may be. Skeptics will come up with something I'm sure, they always do.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Very Hard to tell what this is. No way to say for sure either way from this footage.

However:

I am so sick of everyone saying THIS IS NOT A UFO.

UFO DOES NOT MEAN ALIEN CRAFT.

IT MEANS "UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT" UFO.

IT REMAINS A UFO UNTIL SOMEONE IDENTIFIES IT.

We need a new term for Unknwon Craft. Because even the smart people refer to alien crafts as UFOs.

If this were a UFO...Blah Blah Blah. You if this was unidentified?

Please start saying if this was a spacecraft or an Alien Craft or something other than using UFO as a synonym for Alien Craft.

UFO - Unidentified Object - Nothing More!

Stop it you are all on my nerves with this.

Sorry if too harsh, but trying to change peoples terminology is a never ending battle.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by freighttrain
Are you a believer now?

Explain to me why it's not a bird. Flapping its wings, changing direction. It's hard to tell how high it is. As far as I can see, it's a bird. Show me why it isn't.

So you are a believer in the magical bird of light, huh?

Originally posted by SpaceJockey
It's BIG BIRD, plain and simple.

You must be a believer in the magic Roc of Light, also known as the Thunderbird of Myth and Legend.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by DrainMaster]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I would love nothing more than an awesome UFO video, yet this guy seems to film birds for a living.

If the OP had posted saying, "I saw this amazing thing last night..." The first reply would have been, "If you didn't film it, it didn't happen!!!!" (because, by that logic, the Battle Of Trafalgar never happened as nobody filmed it!).

So "this guy seems to film birds for a living." Which means he has a camera pointed at the sky a lot? So if he saw something that was unusual he already had a camera pointing up. If he films birds a lot, and this is a bird, wouldn't he just label it, "Amazing bird footage"?

Okay, so it's a bird. What kind of bird?
Migratory? Nah, probably wouldn't waste all that energy in changing direction. They'd have a long way to go, so acrobatics would be a waste.

Other birds that fly at night.... Where's the location?
Someone mentioned seagulls. Don't think so, unless they are 'speedy' seagulls.
Why the turns and acrobatic direction changes? Maybe chasing prey...
Hmmm.......
The only prey flying at night would be insects or possibly bats, so a swallow/martin/swift type bird is possible - but they don't use echolocation so night hunting is probably out. If it's bats, the predator would be a raptor of some kind. They usually have a 'one strike' type hunting method. They wouldn't waste energy on all that chasing.

Think of a cheetah chasing a gazelle. If they don't catch it within a couple hundred yards, they give up to conserve energy. Same with raptors.
Owls fly at night, but they are usually after ground dwelling prey.

So, if it's a bird as so many have argued. Please provide the species. Show that this kind of flight is very common at night for that species.

I have seen similar type lights making abrupt turns (oh, sorry, no film so I obviously didn't!). I have yet to identify what they are.

Come on, all you bird theorists. What kind of bird?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So....

the OP has posted a video of birds flying on a nightvision camera to demonstrate that birds don't "pulse" light when flying at night.

What more do u guys need?

I'm not saying its a grey alien, and yes, the bird theory is tempting, but lets take a look at what type a objects give of light signatures into a Nightvision camera....

...information incoming...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by NightVision]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join