It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAST UFO video - Skeptics beat this !!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'd love to see footage like this accompanied by matching footage in the normal, visible light spectrum, of the same object at the same time and within a few feet of the same filming location. If it was still bright and pulsating, then we'd really have something, in my opinion.

I want this to be something phenomenal, but as it stands it's inconclusive in my view, because of the bird explanation.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by freighttrain
Are you a believer now?

Explain to me why it's not a bird. Flapping its wings, changing direction. It's hard to tell how high it is. As far as I can see, it's a bird. Show me why it isn't.

errrrr because birds dont glow in the dark?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
Crazy Flying Ufo Filmed In Nigt Vision 25 August 2009, 22:24:20 AM

22:24:20 AM??? Anyway, interesting video. I've seen hundreds of satellites, and this is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

To rule out or confirm the bird theory, why don't we find out what birds are indigenous to the area? Find out if there are any that are nocturnal etc

Excellent idea..... such as Nighthawks:

These bird species sweep through the skies with gigantic mouths wide open, scooping up flying bugs. Stiff, bristly hairs encircle their mouths, like a cat’s whiskers. These bristles may help funnel food into their mouths, or may help them sense insects nearby.
Nighthawks, as well as other night-hunting birds in Scotland.

I'm not saying this information is conclusive, just offering it as a possibile explanation to the OP's video.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

The number of stars in the sky wherever this vid was taken is
amazing. Even when I go into the countryside in Michigan I don't
see that many stars. Does I.R. filming "see" more stars than the
naked eye?

Yes. IR/NV "gathers" more light, enhancing your ability to see things that are otherwise too faint for viewing with the naked eye. I commonly see satellites, for example, that I can't see without the NV. Plus, most NV, in addition to gathering more light, have an IR "beam" which can REALLY illuminate near objects. I hook my camera to the NV scope and put the whole thing on a tripod, and try to include a bit of horizon for reference. Still waiting for that one truly great shot; not giving up!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Eehh... it's not glowing? It's IR video and that bird might as well be pitch black to naked eye.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

this rc bird is smaller than the one i have.

Mine has 2 little lcd lights on the wing's..that appear to strobe when it fly's at dusk.

and it can fly pretty high...as long as you keep doing circle's to get it up higher each revolution.

So this is what this guy is filming.

[edit on 1-9-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by earthship35

He may be only bothered with the non-idiot sceptics, that are almost all.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
At first I said, could be a sat. but then it changed direction over & over which means it could only be one thing and that's a craft flying under intelligent control.
Nice nice find.
S+F!

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OG_SWAGGA_KING
There is no way a bird can move that fast.
That depends on the altitude at which it was flying, without knowing that we cannot know the speed.

A fly passing just in front of your eyes covers the same distance as a airliner at 30000 feet in a much shorter time, but it's much slower than the airliner.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by OG_SWAGGA_KING
There is no way a bird can move that fast.
That depends on the altitude at which it was flying, without knowing that we cannot know the speed.

A fly passing just in front of your eyes covers the same distance as a airliner at 30000 feet in a much shorter time, but it's much slower than the airliner.

That is correct, ArMap...

...and don't forget that it seemed to be lower than the clouds (it was visible in front of the clouds) so it was relatively low. It could have easily been a bird 200 feet off the ground, or an insect 20 feet off the ground (although its movements were more bird-like).

Without knowing the exact height, there is no way to gauge the speed. However, because it was not above the clouds, it was most likely NOT moving at tremendous speeds.

A bird as seen by the infrared camera seems a very likely explanation.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thank you for the post. Interesting video, a small object moving fast and changing direction several times...

So as ever I start from the source, in this case a YouTuber called: 0garry555
So go to his profile page:
0garry555 YouTube Profile Page

What is immediately striking from this (Dundee, Scotland) resident is that he has captured over 250 (yes two hundred and fifty) videos from (presumably) his bedroom window with a night sensitive video recorder.

Either :
(a) he is the most successful UFO hunter since time immemorial
(b) Dundee is full of UFOs
(c) Dundee is full of small twinkly objects that change direction (LOL)
(d) People are shining lasers on his bedroom windows (LOL)
(e) Fake
(g) There is no g.

If he really captured this many videos (one has to presume that a good many are multiple posts, a technique well used by prolific YouTubers to see if they can 'catch a wave' and get a video noticed) but still: 250+ videos of UFOs. One would assume that there would be a huge wave of news articles on the subject - so let's look... (pause whilst I Google Dundee and UFOs and go to the various local newspapers)...

Well - obviously there are UFOs listed for Dundee, but when I Google "UFO Dundee" I get 83,000 hits and when I Google "UFO Montrose" I get 54,100 and when I Google "UFO Aberdeen" I get 75,000... so I don't see any wave of UFOs.

Interesting, if I was someone with a lot of time (which I am not) I would start at the source... namely the YouTuber to see how/why etc he (or she!) has captured so many videos...

I don't have time to give an analysis of this or any other of his videos posted there... but 250+ videos is a LOT

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

over 250 (yes two hundred and fifty) videos from (presumably) his bedroom window with a night sensitive video recorder.

(d) People are shining lasers on his bedroom windows (LOL)

I am suspicious of anyone who has a large ammount of "UFO" videos that they have captured themselves.
You were close with the bedroom laser thing but if they were shot through a window there is a VERY easy way of hoaxing a video through a window.

Just to show you how it is done take out your cell phone cam and point it into your TV remote and press any button on it. You will see that your camera will pick up the IR light. Now if you have a cam that is setup to film in IR all you have to do is point it at a window and shine an IR LED on the window. The cam will pickup the reflection of the IR light and the stars in the sky. Just have your little brother move it around for you and you are good to go. You can also add more IR LEDs to make a UFO fleet video.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

However, because it was not above the clouds, it was most likely NOT moving at tremendous speeds.

I'm pretty sure the vid ended because the object was obscured by the cloud cover, Indicating the object was above the clouds ?

==============================================

askbaby

The set-up he has is Night Vision equipment in his shed linked up to a monitor/tv then filmed with a camcorder.

So he is able to see and record many things that are not visible to anyone else and that are not readily identifiable, Which explains the many vids this chap has.

I think its pretty cool and i intend to get a similar set-up to see for myself to try and understand what is being seen.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the vid ended because the object was obscured by the cloud cover, Indicating the object was above the clouds ?

well maybe not. With nothing in the video those clouds may be 20 feet above the cam for all we know.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Very Kewl.

Looks like some teenager stole his Dad's ship and took it for a joy ride...

Nice tracking btw...

Thanks for sharing.

bc

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

well maybe not. With nothing in the video those clouds may be 20 feet above the cam for all we know.

That is true, However with most clear skies any clouds seen are normally very high. Although it could be smoke or steam from something nearby ?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

crazyness

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazz87
reply to post by draknoir2

"I wasn't thinking "bird" when I watched it the first time, but now that it's been suggested, I can see it being a bird."

Exactly what i did, at first i was like niiice, than i watched it after someone mentioned it being a bird as a bird and boom i saw it. damn i was hopin though. ha

So what you're saying is that your "unbiased" perspective (as so many other people here) did NOT see a bird, but since many others kept saying it is, it formed that image in your mind and now you see it!

Well for a true perspective on "unknown" objects you should have a "UNBIASED" view on things, that's the problem with these types of forum. Peoples suggestions can form your perspective even if it's something you did not originally see.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
I'm not sure either way. I'm leaning more towards it being a bird though. However, if we're attributing the "pulsing" effect to the birds wings flapping..why doesn't the pulsing ever stop? Birds don't flap non stop when they fly. Alot of the time they're gliding. And for people saying it could be really close that's why it seems to be going fast, well, I do believe I see it going behind clouds? Seems rather far to me..

Those are the same reasons why I don't think it's a bird. Birds do fly at night, this is one freaking fast bird that constantly flapping it's supposed wings at the same rate and doesn't NOT glide up/down and is flying OVER the clouds.... mmm..

I see this as an "Unidentified Flying Object" and NOT a bird.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join