It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler named: Future

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
(continued)
nobody was willing to vote against any of it, and risk giving the appearance of CNPA sympathies.

The GBI act was a mistake in the short term, though. As I was taught, it made the US uncompetitive internationally because of the additional burden placed on domestic corporations. If it hadn't been for autolabor, GBI probably would have been tossed out the window.

Q:why not try and help the outsiders?

FG: Well, for one thing that's not my call. I'm here to locate colonies and geotag them. From there it's up to habsec board members to figure out what will happen to them.

I understand you've never met one and might never, but your kids will, and so will their kids. Don't get it into your head that they're victims. That's what they'd have you believe, but the 4,800 who died in citihab don't see it that way.

You know what's a real kick in the balls? I took a peek at their propaganda. They've been stopping interhab PRTs and plastering the interiors with it. They have this whole alternate worldview where habs are disgusting dens of sin that we're confined to by Satan, and Yahweh has raptured them out of an 'irredeemably corrupt society'. And some # about how the rapid warming effect was a conspiracy to kill them all off. It's everywhere, I don't even know where they're getting the paper for it.

Anyways, it isn't that we've never tried to help them. There's a process in place, they can come live in a hab any time they please. Before the PRT bombings some charity orgs regularly air-dropped supplies near suspected colonies. We used to trade with these people, hand crafted goods and that sort of thing. I bought a locket from one when I was younger, didn't think twice about it. It's different now. They can't get within half a mile of any hab without being reduced to a bubbling stain. It's not what anyone preferred, but that's how it is.

Q:Tell us more about this Jim Maynard character that becomes President.

If you didn't know, our current society isn't very accepting of gay people, and of open atheists. How does a man that has both of these qualities become President seven years from now?

FG: As I recall it started as a bit of a joke, internet campaigns pitting him against Palin and Huckabee. He had made a popular video about their presidential bid that got passed around everywhere, he went on this popular left wing talkshow and it just took off from there. Some sh(* about how he was "The Ron Paul for sane people".

Q:How long between the CNPA came into existence and when they became obviously a dangerous force?

FG: Only a few years. Luce's Christian Battlecry youth organization merges with another called Joel's Army to form the redshirt youth sometime in 2014 I think. One of you threatened to tip off conservative organizations and get it started early. Others swore to prevent it. I doubt either had the influence to make a difference, but if you start seeing kids in red and black in NOM 'pro-marriage' events and the like, it may be wise to move out of the country for a few years.

Q: Future - I admire your talent and effort. I assume the whole point of all this is building up inspiration for a future novel.

Therefore, please realize - this thing has worn way too thin. By now it's clearly obvious you avoid all the hard questions - hell, to make matters worse - with increasing frequency you answer the same questions over and over again. What's the point of that?

Bottomline - I think you're procrastinating. Start the f%^&#$& novel already. Let's just read the book.

FG: Sorry if it's a bit boring. I've been using ETP as a journal I guess. I do get the "write a book!" thing a lot, but as much as I know you'll roll your eyes at this, it's 2104. I'm living in a blimp. I got shot in the leg. That's my life right now. I already know can't convince you of this, but that's not what I'm here for.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Q: /fa/ here (to all readers, /fa/ is that site's fashion board) how do you all dress?

FG: Before I enlisted I spent most days lazing around in my coldsuit. Lately you see people wearing them all the time instead of just for excursions, and the new designs reflect that. Instead of matter white and pale colored versions a lot of 'em have an outer layer of the same display material most tunics are made from. It's still kind of seen as something you wear when you can't be bothered to get properly dressed though.

My standard issue coldsuit is a matte white, the material is soft and quilted in appearance due to the network of liquid coolant tubes running throughout. The boots go up to my knee almost and snap shut in the back with magnetic clasps that turn off along with the rest of em when you pull the tab on the collar.

Last time I took Siane out I recall she had on a tune with a creek theme. A stream ran over her right shoulder and down around her waist in a loop. It wasn't too deep so the effect wasn't disconcerting but I remember being a little bit distracted by the constant motion of the water. Any time I bumped into her I'd hear a little splash and the sound of small rocks crunching under my weight. I don't mean to sound like a grumpy old f@#*; It's one of the more tasteful themes I've seen, I just don't care for the active ones. Most of mine just imitate materials common to clothing from antiquity or take on the appearance of certain paintings. Nothing moves, they don't make noise and they're not touch reactive. Maybe I'm boring, or maybe everyone else just has obnoxious taste.

Q: So besides cold suits how do people dress?
Jeans/t-shirts still popular inside habs?

Peacoats still round?

HY (hitler youth)still the best hair cut?

Or do you all just dress like astronaut hippies.
>Cause if so the future sucks

FG: I did mention tunes, which I guess are like t-shirts. They're one piece pullovers with reactive fibers inside that can constrict so as to fit your body loosely or snugly depending on preference. Some of 'em have rigid bits on the shoulders called helio panels. The surface is nanoengineered so that when light hits it, it creates an apparent freestanding image. You often see # like wings, extra arms, horns, thorny vines, that sort of s&#@.

Q: This may seem to be an odd question, but did nuclear propulsion ever get anywhere? It's really the only sane way to supply a Martian colony, but I've got to wonder.

FG: Pulsed nuclear propulsion? Yeah, on the ferries that take tourists to/from the moon and mars. They use vasimr rockets to get into and out of Earth orbit, then start putting along with shaped thermonuclear charges. It wasn't nearly as jarring as advertised. I slept through most of the trip. The magazine on the one I rode could hold nearly a thousand charges although I suppose that was more for redundancy than anything else as there's no place to go that far out.

Q: What's the current state of nanotechnology? Are you anywhere near having self-replicating nanobots?

FG: Yes and no. Medical nanoscale robots are available if your injury is severe enough but they're extraordinarily valuable because of how long it takes to make any useful quantity. They don't self-replicate. You always hear about how they're reaching "significant milestones" and self-replicating nanoscale robots are "five years away". They're always five years away.

Anyway after they're done, they drain your blood and put in a replacement while they recover as many bots from your blood as possible so they can re-use 'em.

Q: draining your blood sounds worse than any one injury :/

FG: Why? It's the same tech they use to prep you for coldsleep. Not dangerous at all. They use plasma expander to slow your cellular metabolism so there's no damage to your tissues due to oxygen deprivation, and whatever they put in the temporary dime is great, you wake up feeling awesome like nothing happened.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
what do officers/CEOs do?

how are laws settled/made?

why do you go out and tag outsiders? why join the military?
couldnt you, tech, just live in paradise doing nothing/whatever you want?

how about race- does it still exist? what are you?

how is europe/america/etc veiwed in the future?

is 4chan still around, and, if not, how did you even come here?

lol

FG: #1. Officers manage between four and ten squads, organize and submit their reports, that sort of thing. A CEO governs a single hab. I worked in hab management a long time ago, it was nice making proper dollars instead of funny money for once.

#2. Democratically. Most discussion happens on habnet and elections are a pretty big deal from an entertainment standpoint. Lots of politically themed gameapps pop up to capitalize on it, stuff like that.

#3. We tag the locations of their colonies because they're underground. Before New Jerusalem was discovered it was pretty widely believed that outsiders lived in villages shielded by the forest canopy and situated near sources of flowing water in order to reduce the local temperature. We all learned that in formative, I guess they'll have to revise the teaching materials.

#4. Ideally yes, we'd keep to ourselves and they'd do the same. There was even limited trade up until very recently; outsider caravans would bring handmade goods up to the hab perimeter and insiders interested in that sort of thing would meet em there in a runabout, proper dollars in hand. It's all they'll take.

#5. Of course race still exists. Probably not by the archaic definition I'd guess. 'Black' and 'white' aren't really thought of as races so much as provincial genomic variants. Anyone who isn't a lune, a helene or a martian is considered vanilla. (TO READERS: For clarification there are 3 bioengineered races)

#6. How are they viewed? By whom?

#7. I wound up here sometime in 2008 because it's a popular period for ETP users, on account of the historic election.

Q: (TO READERS: the ">" mark is being used as quotations)
>proper dollars instead of funny money for once.

what is the difference, and what use is it to you if you get all your stuff like, free, (monthly basis blah blah bah) anyway?
and what use was it to the outsiders?

>Anyone who isn't a lune, a helene or a martian is considered vanilla.

explain these again please? and why their not considered vanilla?

>#6. How are they viewed? By whom?

history/you/etc

>#7. I wound up here sometime in 2008 because it's a popular period for ETP users, on account of the historic election.

...why 4chan?

FG:
#1. The proper dollar is our national currency. Each company issues its own currency, good only in its habs. It exists as a means of regulating consumption so that it doesn't overwhelm the production capacity of the autolabor compounds.

#2. Outsiders accept proper dollars because they know they're good at any hab. Most of what they buy with it is medicine.

#3. They're repro races. Variants on the vanilla human genome, each with different characteristics. Helenes have a dull, shiny gold-toned skin. Their hair is typically platinum (or black if they're a mixie) and the pigment around their eyes is darker than the rest of their skin, same color as their lips. They're of normative height and proportion, except that they're naturally low in body fat and 'generously endowed', as they were designed to be sexually appealing.

#4. Lunarans are about a foot taller than normative height for vanillas. They are almost upsettingly thin. Their skin is literally white, as is their hair, but neither are noticeably shiny. They have the same darker pigmentation around their eyes as helenes due to reused portions of their genome, and their irises are completely black. Their lips and other 'sensitive bits' are the same darker shade, a sort of pale grey. Lune mixies tend to have red irises and be of ordinary height and proportion. Martians are squat, they have pitch black skin, large ears, large nostrils, and the same

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
(continued)
the same black irises as lunes. Both martians and lunes were designed with colonization in mind, unlike helenes.

#5. I don't really know how to answer this one.

#6. I wound up on 4chan because most of the political arguments I was reading made use of captioned images that, according to the people who posted them, came from here.

Q: Don't you get tired of explaining the same stuff over and over? About the races, what habs are, how you're sending messages to the past, etc.

FG: A little. It's why I set a topic every time I post here in the hopes that people will discuss that instead. Almost anything becomes more interesting when you can get opinions on it from people who have been dead for some time.

Q: What do you think of 4chan, and the kind of people who post here, Futureguy?

FG: You're my pastbros. I f%^&*($ love you guys. I can be totally honest about what I think and for the most part even my ugliest expressions of frustrations remain politically correct by your standards. I'm sorry if you don't appreciate being used as an outlet, but I think I'd go insane without it.

Q: You mention posting politically incorrect material. Most of what you've posted has actually been really tame by this site's standards and not really bad by most societal standards. What've you said that's really un-PC?

FG: Helenes are not my favorite people in the world. I've said as much in the past, using more colorful language. I'd rather not discuss it as I don't really think that way anymore. The last few months partnered with Adonis have given me a new perspective on lenes, and I feel mildly ashamed whenever I remember some of the stuff I used to spout.

Q: did yuo research 2009 history?

i want to know what will happen...
any bad earthquakes in cali? and when?

FG: Most of what you guys asked me was stupid trivial s@#$, like "What happens in the One Piece story arc". So I grabbed a bunch of the old eps off the legacy shop and watched it up until the point where they raid the underwater navy prison and gave up. I watched some naruto cartoon too where this blonde kid fights a series of increasingly powerful enemies and has special powers and becomes something called a hokage and gets his face in mount rushmore.

The other one you really wanted to know about was battlestar galactica. It was always cartoons and science fiction with you guys.

So yeah, again this was merely the barebones of the thread. I took out some of the ethical arguments he was having with another poster about treating the outsiders. I took out a lot of the humor and nonsense by the other posters and merely stuck with the questions that were answered fully. The rest of the thread is more or less discussion of ideas and less about Q/A.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
In my opinion, it would be easy to get these "future guys" to prove themselves......

Get him to mention the date, and the avatar names on a list of a bunch of posters on a thread from TODAY, and post it back in say 2005 on a site, give us the web address, and we could look it up in the arcives....he could say, for example, "in 2009 I am talking to mellisamouse, and so and so and so and so about an Obama guy, you don't even realize yet, will run for president and win....."

Give us the link to look it up in the 2005 archive......

Can you give it a try??? or ask him?

Excellent point. And now that he appears to be back, maybe we can try this.

If this guy is active again, is it possible to entice him to ATS?

...he might find some of our threads interesting - (could offer some insight if he is really from the future) and he wouldnt have to keep starting a new post everytime he visits.

Not sure if I believe him, but its a very interesting read all the same.

I can appreciate that he might not be able to answer all the questions we ask. Just imagine for a minute if you were posting on a forum in the past. Can you come up with detailed info from 200+ years ago? If you are learning from history books, you can only know what has been chosen to be taught with the facts and interpretations that have been decided on.

If asked could you answer the questions asked?

We need to think up some really good ways of testing him. How would you prove you were from the future?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
can't believe I read all those conversations, thought it was pretty entertaining nontheless. the guy definitely has some good come backs for tough questions

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
He also mentions that there are others from the future posting on sites too.

Maybe he can get them to come here as well and we can give them all a good grilling (and see if they can corroborate each others words)!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Q: why don't you ever show pictures of anything from the future? and don't give me that "it'd take too long" s@*t, i've seen you reply to posts in less than two minutes

FG: can try if you like. I've played with the idea of cutting up a picture into binary chunks and posting them here. I can't just send an image normally as none of the clients allow it. It's just not something ETP providers allow, for whatever convoluted beaurocratic reason.

This is proof that he is a hoaxer, and a complete technical fool. This topic should also be thrown in the HOAX forum.

In the beginning he describes how a time machine works (like he knew), but now he shows total lack of knowledge of basic computer networking. This guy proved to me he is talking out of his arse.

If he can send text, then he can send an image, they are both the same exact thing. In computer networking, every text letter and character is represented by a number (usually ASCII standard 0 to 255). Images are basically the same thing, every pixel is represented by 3 or 4 numbers, Red, Green, Blue, Alpha, numbers 0 to 255.

If he can send text, he can easily send an image. Especially if he is using a FORUM. In order for him to actually use an Internet forum would mean he is actually communicating with the server that is hosting the forum. If that forum is using server side scripting such as PHP, then that means his program is actually able to parse HTML, and even send PHP commands...

That means he CAN send images EASILY, but he just made a sorry excuse to get out of posting proof. I call his bluff.

To some, his writing may look good... but to me, it just seems he tries to hard, and doesn't know anything.

Send this to the HOAX forum.

I bet anything that the writer is on ATS already, reading this. Anyone who takes this message personal is suspect.

P.S. Time travel doesn't exist. It's a myth. Time is an illusion that only living thing's experience, because of their frames of reference, and state of "being". All non-living things such as photons and sub-atomic particles are timeless and infinite.

Even if a photon can travel faster than its current top speed, it wouldn't travel back in time... it will always exist in it's current "time".

[edit on 6-9-2009 by 0neKnows]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 0neKnows

(EDIT: NO HE CAN NOT SEND THE IMAGES LIKE YOU AND I CAN. If he is telling the truth. Supposedly it takes him his full ETP session to even open one to three pictures. As for sending images, he can not due to moderation. At one point his text was even heavily moderated when he was discussing two events in which Scientists attempted to send matter through the stream, resulting in accidents.)

You should read the archives, from almost a year ago that I posted. He covered the restrictions to the ETP technology. It is heavily monitored supposedly. The beginning that you read was last weeks thread, remember that he answers questions over and over again so you are not getting absolutely every detail because you are coming into the "story" in the middle.

Check the tech that one of the other posters posted on page 3 or 4. Check the politicians, check the chridom, check the CNPA....and then think about it. This guy would have to be a fast writer in order to incorporate so many current events into his story. He still has the 1% believability with me, also one of his "predictions" came true. We had him look up the endings of cartoons (anime) and for one of them named "One Piece" he told us about the characters breaking into an underwater Navy prison, and low and behold that is where the story has gone now. This was over a year ago when we asked, it should be in the archives that I posted.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So what board on 4chan does he post on?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok. Reading through the archived stuff and it's HELLA entertaining but he"debunks" himself multiple times in the first 2 threads.

"OP 10/05/08(Sun)19:51 No.20944700

>>20943949

>>What's military service like? Non-existant?

UAVs, UGVs, UMVs and satellites. No human serves anymore. Lots of whining from allied nations but they keep buying our robots under the table so they can't be too upset with it, and it has arguably solved the middle eastern conflict thanks to the advances in nonlethal weaponry. HERFs are the favoured weapon loadout on all three platforms, such that few if any actually die from assaults."

No Human serves anymore? But isn't he in the military is the most recent threads?

"OP 10/05/08(Sun)21:16 No.20947330

>>20947180

>>Did anything happen in 2012?

Yeah, Chelsea #ING Clinton got elected and the conservative butthurt was heard 'round the world. Eventually some of them decided to kill us all for it, think I mentioned that."

Chelsea Clinton will be 32 in 2012. Minimum age for running for President is 35. Doubt it will change in the next 3 years.

Will post more boo boo's as I find them.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"Future !GUYX/6jp3w 01/03/09(Sat)23:50 No.25165517

>>25165179

>>I just want to say that you were right about Obama's new pastor problems, someone made a screencap of you saying it weeks before it actually happened.

There'll be worse. The most notorious of the scandals turns out to be a hoax however and that actually benefits his administration as most give him the benefit of the doubt about the rest of the # that turns up as a result. Whether or not it was *all* fraudulent is still a matter of debate. Oh and don't even mention Obama or Maynard to an outsider unless you're inside a shark cage."

Weird. I've read the threads from the start and didn't see this part.....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think he did mention before about the minimum age for a president being reduced, and thats why chelsea clinton won

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
While I can't believe his story it would make a great book/movie and I suppose we are proving this. Though it isn't all original thought, it borrows a lot from movies and video games. However he has to continue his charade otherwise if he admitted he was lying, I don't think anyone would pay too much attention to it anymore. I wish he posted around here though, would be kind of fun trying to get him to slip or admit he was lying. I wish someone would have asked him about John Titor. If this is his favorite time period to browse he would know the most famous internet time traveler.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He did say he read about John Titor a bit. The last bits of the thread I saw were people uploading the pic of Titor's time machine to him. For the record, I don't believe this guy. I surfed around a bit on the web in this general interest, and found an entire forum where people sit there and post time traveler claims. Granted, this person's story is good, great even. But yeah, there are holes. It is entertaining to be sure. And I am not eliminating the 1% possibility, never ever. Just because it is that good. But it seems like there is a lot of this type of thing, especially lately judging by the time travel forum that I saw. I would like to use my imagination and think 'hey maybe some device was tripped and now these messages are able to come to our time' but I mainly just think that it is a hoax, and maybe even one done by many people connected with each other worldwide. All their American Civil War timelines seem to coincide. March 2010. Hmm.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You took the bait....

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
But seriously this guy still has 1% credibility with me

He has 1% credibility with you, yet you defend him... you are suspect.

I don't believe you, nor do I believe the liar named "Future". Actually I believe YOU are him.

Only time will tell now.

This guy debunked himself multiple times. He's a fake. This is all a very bad HOAX.

Good day.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by 0neKnows]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
He still has the 1% believability with me, also one of his "predictions" came true.

Originally posted by dedalive
And I am not eliminating the 1% possibility, never ever.

I smell fish... anyone else?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

No, no fish. Why is it so important to you that everyone accept this as a hoax? Why do we need to *right this very second* commit to it being one thing or another? Why not take time, enjoy it while it's here, and see what comes up later on? Just calm yourself down and let us have some fun. kthxbai.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
No, no fish.

Well, if you can't smell the b.s., then you sure as heck can't smell the fish.

Why is it so important to you that everyone accept this as a hoax?

...because I actually care about people.

I am sick and tired of lying hoaxers who try to pass their hoaxes as being the real deal. I think they need to get a life.

I feel bad when I see gullible people actually believe these B.S. hoaxes, and then watch them get conned into spending money or do some other crazy thing.

I remember this one time, some guy claimed to be from the future and people asked what stocks they should invest in, they did, and ended up losing their money.... go figure... the guy was a complete fraud. JUST LIKE THIS TOPIC.

Why do we need to *right this very second* commit to it being one thing or another?

...because the TRUTH should always be first, and most important. This entire topic is a LIE, and there is no reason for ANYONE to to believe a LIE. There are several ways to prove this entire thing is a LIE too, if it wasn't already obvious in the first post.

Why not take time, enjoy it while it's here, and see what comes up later on?

Enjoy what? This entire topic is a JOKE. It's a very bad JOKE too... It's like asking someone to laugh at a comedian even when the jokes are bad. I'm not going to do it.... it's a sorry attempt at entertainment, and I am too smart to believe this B.S., and not even close to being gullible enough to believe this B.S.

It's obvious this guy doesn't have ANY knowledge about science, and all he has done is repeat words from comic books written by Ron Mallett. He is not even original.

Seriously, his whole time machine concept is based around injecting photons or electrons in CLOSED CIRCUIT communication networks.
Not only that but his biggest flaw is saying that it is possible to send electrons and photons faster than the speed of light through a medium such as fiber optic cable or electrical wire... showing a complete and utter lack of knowledge about something as simple as RESISTANCE.

Light can hardly travel it's top speed in a vacuum, and he is claiming to be able to do faster than light through glass fiber optic lines (resistance)...
What a joke...

Just calm yourself down and let us have some fun.

Awww.... Am I crashing your party? I'm so sorry that I have to bring REALITY into this...

Sounds to me like you are more worried about having fun, and being entertained, and you don't care about truth, or reality...

I think you need to go to a science fiction website...

Although ATS is partially a "conspiracy" website, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be about REAL conspiracies that actually have some REAL reason to believe, or based in reality. Not B.S. science fiction from comic books.

ATS's motto is "deny ignorance", not "enjoy ignorance". If you can't see the obvious ignorance coming from this "future" guy, well you failed.

kthxbai.

I guess you ignored ATS's rules:

Please avoid using "TXT Messaging Shorthand" for words when posting on AboveTopSecret.com and AbovePolitics.com, such as "4" for the word "for" or "u" for the word you. Common "Internet Slang" acronyms such as "LOL" and "ROFLMA" are acceptable, but should still be used sparingly.

Ok? Thanks. Bye.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by 0neKnows]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

As long as were talking about the rules he has broken , don't forget;

1d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance permission from The Above Network, LLC). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Also, there is a reason that 4chan is called the $%%hole of the internet (google the term). Nothing but crap comes out of that site.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Tiloke]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join