It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
All Israel ever wanted was the fascist leadership in Iran to stop the rhetoric and step down and pave way for someone more benevolent to take power. But apparently thats not gonna happen. Look at how the protests went

www.dailymotion.com...

www.boston.com...

Do we need more of this. You decide!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Netanyahu has pledged not to build any new settlements but wanted to enable what he called "natural growth" of existing enclaves.

Isn't Netanyahu great at playing with semantics?

partial and temporary settlement freeze

A partial and temporary freeze, what does partial mean percentage wise and how long is temporary?
Again playing with semantics.

Nah, he and his ilk are just being anti-semantic

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this post, has turned into they typical muck raking garbage (IMP).

Back on topic, Almost no one has actually discussed the issue or it's implications.

Allow me to explain.....

If you want Israel to give something-stop building settlements to house it's people- then you must give something in return- thats only fair.

The idea put forth by Obama, is if new settlements are stopped, then gazan's shouls stop attacking...
.... Yeah, I know....

Now, what has this to do with Iran and it's nuclear bomb program????

Well, nothing really.

It is my firm belief that even if a full peace were declared between Israel and Hamas , hezbolla and all the other terrorist groups, it would make no difference to Iran and their nuclear bomb program.

Furthermore, sanctions much-less more sanctions have done little or nothing to stop their nuclear bomb program.

More sanctions will do no more.

How do I know this, you may ask, ok, I will give a perfect example.....

Look at N.K.

They have had sanctions for how long?

They made nuclear weapons despite this.
( the fact his people suffer and die means nothing to him)

The same is true of Iran, I am sure they would happily take funds from whatever to continue building nuclear weapons (trying).

On this basis, Israel has nothing to gain, but good will to/from the US.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yeah like a gangster has nothing to gain from stopping the robbing and murder of people.

Nice analogy!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Your reply is off topic and completely wrong.

The gangster analogy is best applies to Hamas and hezbolla terrorists.

Again......

What does Israel gain for not building settlements on it's land.
(like it or not, IT IS their land)

In any fair and reasonable compromise, both sides must give something of equal value up.

BTW, the joke definition of Compromise is: an agreement that neither side like but both sides can live with.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
Look at how the protests went

[...]

Do we need more of this. You decide!!!

I've compared those to the Los Angeles Riots of 1992.

Hmmm...

Can't single out Iran.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

What has your post got to do with the OP...? Read through my previous posts. I mentioned about proxy wars as well funding insurgents and meddling with Israel's business, besides they have a fascist belief on their religious agenda about the coming up of the 12 Imam, Imam Al Mahdi who will be bringing about a revolution
www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

www.wnd.com...

CuteAngel, do you realize what WND is... like have you read The Onion? I can't take your position or posts seriously on this anymore when you quote from WND. At least The Onion makes it more obvious, yet I guess that is why people don't get rid of WND is because they know it is a little less obvious. It has it's uses.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Who brought up the topic of the LA riots when talking about the situation dealing with sanctions on Iran as well Palestinian settlements.

Meaningless...?

I hope this is OK for you...

www.thejerusalemgiftshop.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Who brought up the topic of the LA riots when talking about the situation dealing with sanctions on Iran as well Palestinian settlements.

Meaningless...?

It's not merely that topic of the LA riots that you attempt to say is off topic, it is the actions that are taken that can be compared. It seems those actions are what you attempted to point out in the elections.

Otherwise, yes meaningless as your post to have us look at links without any reason. Please, don't lead us on a goose chase. What is your thesis?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

I NEVER said Islam was NON-ABRAHAMIC, I guess your confusing things. Please read through all my posts and try to understand...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Iran has no nuclear bomb program. Your siting out of thin air. Iran is not doing anything, but minding their own business.

On topic the OP was about war posturing by Israel, and the US. Not throwing out crud about bomb programs...... You guys need to wake up; where are all the WMD's from Iraq?

Same ole' same ole'

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
Hi matt, You say it's peace, and equality more, or less in Jerusalem???

original.antiwar.com... This article discusses how the Palestinians were promised equality, but then came apartheid, and living in tints outside of homes that once were theres.

uruknet.com... Here's an article of the Israeli military destroying all roads leading into a Palestinian Village. No supplies, no food, no water.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com... Here's more equality. In this article We can see not only English, but also Arabic have been banned from street signs, and govt. postings.

Now all the cities with either English, or Arabic names will have a Hebrew name. Hey, it's all peaceful, and full of equality as long as You do what Your told; right?

news.yahoo.com...
This last article was part of the original point in this thread. It's the original warning from the US after meeting with Israeli officials. The US tells Iran they only have 8 weeks, or else!!!! The article in the OP was about 3 weeks into the 8.

So You tell me how the article in the OP, and the last one above don't point toward war posturing?

Now You were saying what about gangsters?

My whole point from the beginning OP was of war posturing. Albert Pike wrote everything out a very long time ago in regards to WW 3. He stated it was necessary to have the Jews fight the Muslims to destroy each other.

Don't You see this isn't an issue of faith? The People in control don't care whether Your Jewish, Christian, or Muslim; all they want is their golden age as outlined by Pike.

Don't You find it odd that what he wrote way way way back then is being played out almost to a tee?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

Iran has no nuclear bomb program. Your siting out of thin air. Iran is not doing anything, but minding their own business.

On topic the OP was about war posturing by Israel, and the US. Not throwing out crud about bomb programs...... You guys need to wake up; where are all the WMD's from Iraq?

Same ole' same ole'

That is very interesting but completly off topic.

If you read the title," Report :Israel to freeze settle mets in exchange for tougher santions on Iran.
That is the topic, like it or not.

Personally, I just can't see how you can think your personal agendia against Israel is even remotely close to the actual topic.

So, please explain to me and all on this board, how does freezing settlements in exchange for tougher sanctions on Iran have to do with your imaginary war stance-presumedly against Iran?

That is unless you think tougher sanctions =war stance

Oh, lastly, how am I sitting on thin air???
Am I levitating???

[edit on 8/28/2009 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 8/28/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Prior to the Islamic revolution of 1979, Iran was the most developed as well as powerful country in the ME thanks to the west and had a very large educated population.

Under Mohammad Reza Pahlavi's father, the government supported advancements by women against child marriage, polygamy, exclusion from public society, and education segregation. However, independent feminist political groups were shut down and forcibly integrated into one state-created institution, which maintained many paternalistic views. Despite substantial opposition from Shiite religious jurists, the Iranian feminist movement, led by activists such as Fatemah Sayyeh, achieved further advancement under Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. His regime's changes focused on the civil sphere, and private-oriented family law remained restrictive, although the 1967 and 1975 Family Protection Laws attempted to reform this trend.[59] Specifically, women gained the right to become ministers such as Farrokhroo Parsa and judges such as Shirin Ebadi, as well as any other profession regardless of their gender.

en.wikipedia.org...

The White Revolution Of Shah-

Achievements The Shah made major changes to curb the power of certain ancient elite factions by expropriating large and medium-sized estates for the benefit of more than four million small farmers. In the White Revolution, he took a number of major modernization measures, including extending suffrage to women, much to the discontent and opposition of the Islamic clergy, the participation of workers in factories through shares and other measures, the improvement of the educational system through new elementary schools and literacy courses set up in remote villages by the Imperial Iranian Armed Forces. The latter step was called "Sepāh e Dānesh", "Army of Knowledge". As part of the White Revolution, the Armed Forces were engaged in infrastructural and other educational projects throughout the country ("Sepāh e Tarvij va Âbādāni") as well as in health education and promotion ("Sepāh e Behdāsht").

One of the main reasons to overthrow the Shah was because HE RECOGNIZED ISRAEL AS AN INDEPENDENT JEWISH STATE.

A few fascism's that have taken place at the last couple of years
Execution of Gays
www.glapn.org...
current.com...
Violence after elections
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.boston.com...

These are just a couple of things that have come out. Apart from this a few sources claim that they are carrying out proxy wars by supporting Hizballah as well as Hamas. Ahmedinejad has openly spoken against what he calls 'Zionist Regime' in Israel. And now they are aspiring for a few nukes. What reaction do you expect from Israel...? Tell me which country is aspiring for nukes more than ever in the ME as of now..? This Israel views as a threat.

Now as far as Palestinian land goes, the land belongs to the last nation that conquered it and it was the british. Please view the link below to get to know about the nations that conquered Palestine

www.eretzyisroel.org...

So the british are free to give the land whoever they choose to...

Take a look at the common wealth countries established by the british empire and look where palestine is...

taylorsmurphy.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

That is very interesting but completly off topic.
I am abosulety on topic. You seemed to be focused on telling everyone with evidence they are off topic, or trying to derail the thread.

If you read the title," Report :Israel to freeze settle mets in exchange for tougher santions on Iran.
That is the topic, like it or not.

The topic of the thread is also what the OP makes it. I believe the article I sited is showing posturing. It's identical to the posturing the US gave the American Public pre Iraq invasion.

Personally, I just can't see how you can think your personal agendia against Israel is even remotely close to the actual topic.
The only personal agenda I have is for People to live, and let live. Iran isn't doing anything to Israel... Israel is increasingly posturing for war with Iran. Iran happens to be in close proximity to the Caucusas; which the US was helping to keep in a constant state of war in the 90's, and did again in the recent Georgian invasion of South Ossetia. All this is about power, and dealing all the way back to the NWO/Illuminati. The People in control of both the US, and Israel are not of those respective People. Jew, Christian, or Muslim We are all cannon fodder to them. I am only trying to draw attention to war posturing; what war is ever good?....doesn't exist, it's an oxy moron to a sane person.

BTW, sending insulting and threatening u2u's are against TAC, it's ok, you will be contacted by the norad and have it explained to you.
You mean this u2u; as it's the only time I've ever, or will ever u2u, right? I was, am trying to keep the thread clean without constant belittling, or throwing out arguments that have no merit. I really hope no mod takes this comment down as I am only responding to someone saying I threatened them. As a case in point; I did Alert Masqua, and an alert that You weren't on topic....only after waiting to see if You simply change Your post to reflect the topic.
"28-8-2009 at 03:23 AM
Hey, thanks for being an ignorant mod. The post You sighted I immediately alerted because I didn't know if it was off topic. The mod who commented on the same page 8 said it was not a problem; that I was trying to keep the thread on track.

You can leave Your comment there, but I will be alerting the same mod on page 8; should You not change it. She gave the final warning of staying on topic.

Thanks"

So, please explain to me and all on this board, how does freezing settlements in exchange for tougher sanctions on Iran have to do with your imaginary war stance-presumedly against Iran?
I could flip that retorical question around on You. How doesn't it show war posturing? The settlements are illegal. With the overwhelming proof, and Israel's own nod to the fact, how can it even be in the realm of sanity, what's going on....."We'll quit illegally taking Palestinians homes, lands, and bulldozing communities, only if You create a situation of war with Iran.

There is hard documented proof of this methodology in the past. Japan was heavily sanctioned before they attacked Pearl Harbor. The sanctioning was at a point they had no other choice. They were already at war with China, and had no one to trade with.

Now, in the case of Iran, they are trading with Russia, China, and Japan amongst others. Should there be an attack as I layed out in the OP, due to increased sanctions, I personally will look no further than the NWO controlled US, and Israel. Again the People of both nations are simple cannon fodder.

Oh, lastly, how am I sitting on thin air???
Am I levitating???

I said, "Your siting out of thin air." Not siTTing. The word sight, site, siting, sighting. Not sitting. Again Your apparently not trying to have a rational discussion as the context of how I used it didn't even come close to You sitting on thin air. I've never heard a phrase of sitting on thin air, but have heard siting/sighting out of thin air, when someone is arguing with assumptions, and conjectures without fact, or any evidence. to back up their statements.

I apologise for any misunderstanding You may have had about any misinterpretations of anything I have said to You.

-Sancho

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Prior to the Islamic revolution of 1979, Iran was the most developed as well as powerful country in the ME thanks to the west and had a very large educated population.

They are still largely devoted to education. Think about the entomology behind words like 'taliban'.

One of the main reasons to overthrow the Shah was because HE RECOGNIZED ISRAEL AS AN INDEPENDENT JEWISH STATE.

If anything, you just provided hints to why Israel would allay with the 'taliban' in Pakistan. The history here over the taliban lead them from being just students to being part of a war of factions. Once the Iranian civil war broke out, then the taliban became marred as soldiers rather than students. Israel was certainly little to no concern, yet Israelis demonstrated enough through 'deception' how they wanted to enough another taliban movement like before, and you gave the reason why.

Execution of Gays
Violence after elections

You haven't shown anything of how those two would be on-topic. How does the execution of gays in Iran make Israel steal land from the Palestinians? How does the violence after elections make Israel continue to steal land from the Palestinians? Why would violence outside of Israel cause Israel to cause violence itself?

Apart from this a few sources claim that they are carrying out proxy wars by supporting Hizballah as well as Hamas.

Pretty vague what you mean by support, so I'm not gonna guess. Of all reports I have seen since of this year about such matters, they have been all found sensationalized or intentionally misquoted. If Iran send food or regular supplies to support Hamas and such... let them -- good for them. I'm sure its better how Israel has supported Gaza.

Ahmedinejad has openly spoken against what he calls 'Zionist Regime' in Israel.

At least this whole deal with to 'wipe Israel off the map' was found to be misquote. Lots of people speak against the Jewish Zionist Regime in Israel (or also called the ZPC). Should you sanction them?

And now they are aspiring for a few nukes.

Hello? What evidence? They are after nuclear power.

If Israel want Iran to stop nuclear power, then Israel can do the same and get rid of their supply.

The more Israel worries about Iran being able to make nuclear energy, the more the mirror gets bigger in order for Israel to see itself as a threat.

What reaction do you expect from Israel...? Tell me which country is aspiring for nukes more than ever in the ME as of now..? This Israel views as a threat.

Israel has nukes. Israel IS a threat more so than Iran. Israel create more excuses why Israel should be attacked because of its own threats to other countries.

In fact, Israel has made more of a threat against Iran than Iran has made against Israel since Netanyahu said he would drop nukes on Iran. He just can't right now while U.S. troops are there unless he wants to declare war on the U.S. As you can see now, this topic of this thread discusses his blackmail to the U.S. to move.

The U.S. isn't going to move.

Now as far as Palestinian land goes, the land belongs to the last nation that conquered it

You might want to study this piece: Shades of Sykes-Picot Accord
Are Cast Over Southwest Asia

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Again your comparing apples and oranges and twisting my words.
The execution of Gays as well as the protests show the aggressive and inhumane nature of the leadership. And with all the rhetoric as well as rant against the Zionists how do you expect Israel to behave.
There are many countries in the middle east such as Saudi, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Kuwait. Seriously...whose aiming to obtain nukes. Only 1 nation is...If they would only change the leadership, at least for a short duration; they would be better off. My guess is Israel would aim for the nuclear plants alone. They have nothing to pick with the populace. So I'm guessing ur an Ahmedinejad fan...
As for Albert Pike I know we're all beyond help but seriousley what purpose would it serve for TPTB to carry out the plan laid out by him. If ur gonna proclaim Illojim or dark forces, I say prove it. I wish people would just get along with their #ty agendas so that we can quickly resume our normal lives...

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Again your comparing apples and oranges and twisting my words.
The execution of Gays as well as the protests show the aggressive and inhumane nature of the leadership. And with all the rhetoric as well as rant against the Zionists how do you expect Israel to behave.

So what you want to say is that Zionists are bunch of gay people that fear execution?

Only ask that last question just so I can prove you right that I twisted your words, which were otherwise false. It's still a good question to the paragraphic idea you brang up above.

There are many countries in the middle east such as Saudi, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Kuwait. Seriously...whose aiming to obtain nukes. Only 1 nation is...If they would only change the leadership, at least for a short duration; they would be better off. My guess is Israel would aim for the nuclear plants alone. They have nothing to pick with the populace. So I'm guessing ur an Ahmedinejad fan...

Because you guess that Israel would aim for nuclear plants you think I'm an Ahmedinejad fan?

Call me a Hamas fan, a Hezbollah fan, a Palestine fan... why not... every other Hasbara-inista hasn't hesistated like you. For awhile, I thought you weren't. I use to be a Israel fan, yet their own IDF tend to attack anybody that doesn't seek 'right of passage' and defend Israel 'just because they say so'. I feel stupid and had to work with and trust Israel -- only to be poetically back-stabbed in the end. I got my proof and it didn't cause me to pick sides... the sides were picked for me.

'nuff

Why not make it easier and just say straight out you don't believe Iran wants nuclear energy and that you think they only want a nuke to bomb Israel. Is that hard?

I don't think Iran wants a nuclear bomb. I not only think that, yet it has shown time and time again that Iran (as a nation) is the last ones to actually start a war in that area. Despite the so-called civil wars and wars between religious factions (that every country has), when has Iran, as a Nation, started a war with another Nation?

What you point out is problems that every country has. You haven't singled-out Iran for being unique (or different than any others country) for what they do, despite your efforts and others efforts in this thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by miss_silver

Okay Proto

If "derailing a thread" means being the first person to (politely) post something that isn't anti-Israeli and completely one sided, then I shall look forward to derailing many more threads of this nature.

Oh Matt this is absolutely sad and why so many people worry about Israel and the Zionists...

It is true that I Caesar am Legion but there is only ONE Protoplasmic Traveler and while I and my lady friends all swear I am firmly in touch with my feminine side I am not that in touch with it as to masquerade as a woman on line.

I know what you are thinking those manly Israeli assissination agents going after Black September in Beirut had no trouble masquerading as women while carrying out their 'daring' assignment, but hey...let's face it, Beirut wasn't once called the Paris of the Middle East because it wasn't gay too!

Tranvestite Killers not just a bad B movie you don't want to see!

Any way Matt it's against ATS policy to have more than one account and if you querry ATS they will tell you that they track all IP Addresses that join to make sure they aren't someone who was previously banned or someone trying to 'talk to themselves' by having one more account.

Hey Matt I can talk to myself at the Picadilly Cafeteria like all the other eccentric old men do (It worries me I started at the age of 42 though) I sure don't need to do it online!

Should you have any questions authenticating just who is and who isn't Protoplasmic Traveler you should ask mmichael.

Now back on topic...

Is this thread still going? I thought I derailed it days ago?

I believe if memory serves I posted....

"Wow how do you trade something that isn't yours, for something you shouldn't be asking for, from someone who shouldn't be able to deliver it to you?" or something to that effect?

So just in case you have come up with an answer, how does Israel finally obeying what the United Nations has forbidden them to do, and they themselves promised they wouldn't in the Oslo Accords end up being some kind of bargaining chip to impose some form of punishment on a nation that has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm Israel from a third party nation like the United States that has absolutely no sovereignty over Iran, that has done absolutely nothing to harm Israel.

See this is what worries me about Israel and the Zionists this insane paranoia where you see an imagined enemy.

Miss Silver is not Protoplasmic Traveler, I am Protoplasmic Traveler and I am not your enemy, the Zionists are your enemy.

I am your friend, because good friends, keep their friends from doing stupid things like is being proposed in this thread.

Israel has already made promises in treaties not to build on that land and it is Israel that should be punished if anyone is to be punished, and not rewarded for doing what it already promised to do, by asking for a reward of making INNOCENT men, women and children suffer, like the millions who did in Iraq during the post Gulf War sanction years.

Isreal needs to clean up it's act Matt and you are demonstrating that like there is no tomorrow, with threads like this, and accussations like this.

Tsk, tsk!

[edit on 30/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join