It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

"Wow how do you trade something that isn't yours, for something you shouldn't be asking for, from someone who shouldn't be able to deliver it to you?" or something to that effect?

That's something that's been going on for ages. How can u blame Israel alone for it...? Or are you denying the fact that the US did not interfere when Saddam wanted to take over Kuwait which is pretty much made up of the same tribes of that of Iraq and did belong to Iraq. Or how how about US on the issue of Taiwan or Vietnam for instance. Any acts of aggression by the Palestinians will be retaliated by the Israeli-es and it will be considered as an act of war and the victor will proceed to take over the land they earned. There are many surrounding Arab states that will gladly accept them, why not evacuate...? After all its just a tiny strip of land...
I understand the Palestinians only have guns while the IDF has F-16s but still a war is a war and Israel earned it fair and square.

on a nation that has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to harm Israel from a third party nation like the United States that has absolutely no sovereignty over Iran, that has done absolutely nothing to harm Israel.

Pretty much nobody has any sovereignty over the other nations but the US has been policing the whole world since WW2. So why back out now from policing Iran when its leaders are showing aggressiveness. We all need someone to police us, we're not that forward yet. I mean how hard is it for Iran to change their leadership at least for a few years.
I have posted a link showing that the British were the last to conquer that land. I know where my verdict goes...Serving justice!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

What could be read out of your reply is that when someone conquers a land that they earn it. That begs the question if the only way to earn land is to conquer it.

It would be hard to equate 'military occupation' to actually 'conquered land'. Even in the 6 day war, Egypt was only occupied by the IDF, Israel never conquered that land and gave it back. Israel only stepped down from their position. Just because the IDF stepped foot in Egypt doesn't mean they conquered it. Egypt never surrendered their land.

[edit on 30-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

We all need someone to police us, we're not that forward yet. I mean how hard is it for Iran to change their leadership at least for a few years.

Well I suppose it helps when you go out of your way to prove the ‘we aren’t that forward yet’.

I love it when people presume too much for the sake of a narrowly defined selfish convenience.

I can’t begin to say how much I disagree with such self serving ascertains as we all need policing and how hard would it be for Iran to change their government for a few years.

How hard would it be for you to clean up your own backyard before screwing up everyone else’s?

You know since you aren’t ‘that forward yet’?

The United States of America was never meant to be the World’s Policeman and the only people who want it to be are the corrupt regimes that employ it one sided and unevenly in that fashion to that end, the corrupt politicians who no longer represent the actual taxpayers, voters and citizens and those suffering from a delusional state of grandeur that becomes their self sustaining diet of self righteousness and superiority even though they truly aren’t…’that forward yet’.

Treason is being committed by the corporate government of the United States and Israel has been nothing but a violent criminal enterprise operating on extortion and theft since its inception and you are worried about what goes on in Iran?

You right! Some of us sure aren’t that forward yet!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Some of you are talking about invasions and attacks-where you getting that from? This is Obama talking. He's just that a bag of wind hoping that something will come out of an empty promise .tougher Iran sanctions, like since when has sanctions were really worked, besides getting the Iranian people to suffer.

With Russian and other countires still help them out Sanctions are not going to work, except buy them more time.

I hope Israel see through this "empty Promise"

Sanctions is a time thing,its intended to make an impact over a few years and hopefully the people of the counrty or leaders then demand change and then give in. Israel does not have that time (According to their own estimate on Irans Nuclear capabilities).

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SharkBait
Some of you are talking about invasions and attacks-where you getting that from?

From the points made about land ownership. Such points are in the thread here.

This is Obama talking.

Obama didn't say any of those things. What happened so far appears that the Obamadministration has stopped with the issuance of "freeze" notices directed at Israel. This could be taken as an answer that Obamadministration isn't going to ask the U.N. for any new sanctions upon Iran. He shouldn't have to anyways.

Israeli media has no doubt taken Obama's action and twisted it as an "look... he stopped the freeze notices so that means he supports palestine land being stolen!"

Actually, it appears Netanyahu went to Europe to seek sanctions on Iran and to apprehend more palestine land once Netanyahu's little blackmail on Obamadministration failed.

Obama is so ahead of the game here.

Edit: P.S. there is a unconfirmed rumor that Obama won't allow Israel to sit with the U.S. at the U.N. anymore, yet my guess is that this probably stays as unconfirmed more or less 'warning' sign to Israel

[edit on 30-8-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You say that the American government is selfish and not fit to police the world??? Look again...Governments throughout the world are highly corrupt. Compared to the world, the American government is far better and I could add the least corrupt. You say you don't have it good in America, look at the many people at different places who are being oppressed under different regimes. I mean seriously, stop talking parables preaching ur own twisted philosophy and get to the point...
You say America is theft and deceit...? Look again...Its been 53 years since WW2 and I'll bet you that we have been at the least tensions and with almost peace compared to the times prior to it. Go through history as well as ancient history and find out how much wars have been fought for the silliest reasons and how much damage has been caused. Sure insurgents have been there but that's all they were 'insurgents' until 9/11. With all this I can confidently say the world is better off with the US policing us.
If you really need to bring justice in every aspect what you need to be aspiring for is a world revolution because ranting against your own government wont do anything. If you are gonna talk about the Illuminati plan then rest assured we are beyond help and buying time is only gonna make things worse. Its better to get things done fast rather than to stall and suffer slow death (I am talking about all humanity here).
Personally it shivers me to think about the coming of the Imam Mahdi

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Actually had you been paying attention I am not ranting against my government, I am dismissing fools who believe they have some supercilious sense of moral superiority based on a lesser of two evils argument…which news flash any one choosing between the lesser of two evils is:

A. Not, not evil!
B. Of course is going to insist their brand of evil is less evil.

Which kind of just makes such arguments seem redundant and superfluous to more discerning and discriminate minds, but hey people tell themselves all kinds of distorted and convoluted nonsense to turn a deliberate blind eye to the evil they espouse and perpetrate.

Insurgents and other such nonsensical terms are politically correct propagandized notions that dismiss wholesale human beings fighting for freedom and self determination which is WHAT THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION IS ALL ABOUT…

And has not one Napoleonic thing to do with policing the world which was anthemia to our forefathers.

You go ahead and keep deluding yourself on those scores to justify superstitious fears and preconceived and instilled prejudices though to validate your thinking.

It might not make you as evil as some others but it sure doesn’t make you as good as some others either.

There has been no credible trial concerning who ever perpetrated 9-11 and the only thing that has come out of attacking Afghanistan is a corrupt Puppet Regime so disliked by the people the U.S. Military had to actively help rig yet another phony election there so you can pretend democracy works when the United States exports it and doesn’t work in places like Iran where the people after decades or oppression and corrupt Puppet Regimes throw them out and the international corporations that finance and orchestrate their rises to power.

Go ahead by all means keep extolling the virtues of wholesale murder and oppression of the innocent because your brand of tyranny is palatable to you…

That though has absolutely zilch to do with what the forefathers of the United States of America wanted for our nation.

No foreign wars of aggression, no choosing sides in international disputes, a simple concise, clear cut set of limited laws that apply to all is what the United States is supposed to stand for.

Millions of innocent men, women and children have died to export this corrupt and obscene version of false American democracy to foist it on nations like Afghanistan and Iraq that clearly don’t want it and you want to foist it on Iran too at the expense of more innocent lives, taxpayer dollars and complete and utter moral bankruptcy because you fear some nonsensical pagan prophecy coming true?

Wow! You have summed up nicely the exact kind of police force the world DOES NOT NEED.

Thanks!

[edit on 30/8/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You say that the American government is selfish and not fit to police the world??? Look again...Governments throughout the world are highly corrupt. Compared to the world, the American government is far better and I could add the least corrupt. You say you don't have it good in America, look at the many people at different places who are being oppressed under different regimes. I mean seriously, stop talking parables preaching ur own twisted philosophy and get to the point...

Hi,

I gotta say with meaning any offense Your world view is narrow minded, and apparently sealed in a box of ignorance. Had You uttered the above phrase in at least 2 dozen countries I can think of, You'd be drawn, and quartered.

I always try to listen to everyone speaking, and pull something useful out of no matter who states it.

I saw an interview between Illuminated Luciferian David Rockefeller, and Ben Fulford. Most People shut down to what Rockefeller was saying because of who, and what he is... I listened, and came away from that interview realizing just how dangerous these People are; because they have some excellent wisdom.

Rockefeller went into a rant about all People wanting to be in anykind of politics in the US need to be well traveled. He didn't mean well jet setted, but well traveled in the since of seasoning. Knowing how other People, and cultures live.

See it's a double edged sword. With that information You can either help society, or in Rockefeller's case it would be used to harm.

In sharing that little bit about Rockefeller, I've been all over h&ll, and back. I've lived, and still live in a different culture.

The greatest thing I've learned since traveling? The number one most corrupt country in the World is the US.

Everything, I say again, Everything has a price in the States. It costs more than other countries, but there is no limit to what is able to be bought.

I'd suggest to You taking Illuminated Rockefeller's advice, and travel to become well seasoned

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would suggest our nation is probably the most financially corrupt, but we still have more right and freedoms and conviniences than most the world.

Some countries struggle to build a good system bec ause they dont have enough to support to repel rebels, and their governments change with darn near every full moon.

I have always though instead of conquering new lands to expand our markets (modern day expansionism) we should hire out our military to protect the capitals of these struggling countries so they have at least one place to begin stability and launch their operations to take full control of their land. Our markets would then begin penetrating the capitals, and with time the rest of the country as tat government has the stability they need to wrest it away from rebels and barbarians.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

The greatest thing I've learned since traveling? The number one most corrupt country in the World is the US.

Everything, I say again, Everything has a price in the States. It costs more than other countries, but there is no limit to what is able to be bought.

I'd suggest to You taking Illuminated Rockefeller's advice, and travel to become well seasoned

The one thing I learned from travelling around the world, is that people like you are completely out of your mind and have no idea how good you have it and because of the very nature of the soceity that you live in , you have the luxory of spouting such nonsense about it

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I think you have been watching too many episodes of the twilight zone. I saw that interview by Ben Fullford and thought it was *snip*

Edit to add: Censor circumvention, don't do it...

[edit on 9/1/2009 by seagull]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Extortion. Israel planned this, so the response would be to give Israel what it wants.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join