It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

www.haaretz.com

U.S. President Barack Obama is close to breaking the stalemate between Israel and the Palestinians by getting Israel to agree to a partial settlement freeze in exchange for a tougher U.S. stand against Iran's nuclear program, the British Guardian reported.

The report, which cites U.S., European, Israeli and Palestinian officials, said that Obama will be ready to announce the resumption of long-stalled peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians by the end of September.

"The message is: Iran is an existential threat to Israel; settlements are not," the Guardian quoted one officia
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Do You hear it? It's the sound of war drums, and war hawks posturing for an attack! Read the article for yourselves. In exchange for ratcheting up tensions for WW 3, Israel promises not to murder Palestinians, or build over where their homes were. Now that entails bit of a disclaimer: accidents do happen.

Yes, I am being crass, and for good cause. This article is one of several which are subversively breaking the news to us, that we must attack Iran. Now, there have been an increase in these type of articles; giving hypothetical "kinda dates" out in late September, or early October, for "necessary action".

Take of it what You will, but we are being readied for war. I personally am looking for another terror attack. I keep hearing many People postulate on 09-09-09; for a False Flag.

Everybody think!, should there be a terror attack, which leads us quickly into war rationalize who has the motive, and who has been pushing so hard; not Iran!!!

Vigilance is the key.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I hate to admit it, but i do see an attack on iran by the end of the year.. Im not really a big bible prophecy fan, but something did catch my eye, that has intruiged me..

Ezekiel 24

24:1 Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

24:2 Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.

To me it looks like 10/10/09..

the thing thats kinda freaky about it is, that Iran have to the end of september to sort out the nuclear thing..

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is garbage. They are playing with peoples lives like they are playing a game of poker. I'll see your settlements and raise you a war in Iran. It's just wrong...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Sure, I am no Bible thumper, as I see it as wool pulled over the masses eyes; an illusion by the Elite. Most all the religion has been hyjacked by the Elite.

Now, that being said, I do think the Bible is built off ancient stories, cycles, and codes. I don't think what We are seeing now is by chance; the Elite will use Bible prophecy, as most of the USA is Christian, to wage this war.

I think this, and a false flag, again in, and around 09-09-09 will in the Elite's minds win the hearts, and minds of the masses.

In other words We are close to seeing the fruition of the Christian Armageddon, but it's through contrived means.

VIGILANCE

Just my two pesos,

Sancho

[edit on 26-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

That's an excellent way to look at the current situation. Funny thing is they don't really have a hand; just a bluff. Besides that I really think all We are seeing is a ploy to sell it to the masses.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

ooo The Iran card, very powerful one against the West. They always have spare excuses in the corner.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Wow whats a partial freeze on settlements?

A refigeration?

Nothing like trading something you don't own, for something you shouldn't be able to get, from someone you shouldn't be able to get it from?

What a screwed up world!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

"The message is: Iran is an existential threat to Israel; settlements are not," the Guardian quoted one official close to the negotiations as saying.

Existential Threat Surprisingly NOT something one finds covered in a college philosophy textbook, this is regarded as a military or terrorist threat to the existence of something, usually the United States. Usually involves nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.

Settlements are not a threat to Israel, but a Palestinian might think differently.

"It has been pretty hard going but we are getting there," the Guardian quoted another official as saying. "We are closer to a deal with the Israelis than many think. The Arabs are more difficult to pin down."

The Israeli's have nothing to lose, why would it be hard to "pin them down." The Palestinians, who are losing potential land to the new Israeli settlements, have their future in the hands of an Iranian decision? The Iranians are tough to pin down? Only Israel would use a people like the Palestinians as a pawn in their sick little game.

reply to post by Sundancer

I see your invasion and raise you one limited nuclear attack.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This thread is most likely going to be closed.

That being said...

Israel has been beating the war drums to Iran for years now. They want nothing more from the US other than them attacking Iran. They will stop at nothing to see this happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Sorry to p*ss all over your Israel-bashing thread, but I have to (respectfully) disagree with all of the above posts.

Israeli concerns over a nuclear Iran are very real. As far as Israelis are concerned an Iran with nukes and the disposition to use them, or even to threaten to use them, represents an existential threat to Israel and to all the people living there.

It also represents a huge threat to US and Western interests and to Middle East stability (yes, at the moment the Middle East is more stable than it's ever been, at least since WWI. Thanks to Israel and the US). A nuclear Iran will become the major player in the Middle East. Do you seriously think that will be a good thing?

And why should Israel make concessions to the demands of Palestinian terrorists without anything in return?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Netanyahu has pledged not to build any new settlements but wanted to enable what he called "natural growth" of existing enclaves.

Isn't Netanyahu great at playing with semantics?

partial and temporary settlement freeze

A partial and temporary freeze, what does partial mean percentage wise and how long is temporary?
Again playing with semantics.

From the same person who said they want peace and might agree to a two-state solution if only israel is allowed arms and weapons and not palestine.

In exchange for Israel agreeing to a partial and temporary settlement freeze, the U.S., Britain and France would push the United Nations Security Council to expand sanctions on Iran to include its oil and gas industry, the report said.

The UN security Council comprises of China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States. So U.S. UK and France will try to persuade themselves to expand sanctions on Iran?
Only China and Russia needs swaying?

Wow hats off to Israel! I'm feeling pukish right now!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Sorry to p*ss all over your Israel-bashing thread, but I have to (respectfully) disagree with all of the above posts.

Israeli concerns over a nuclear Iran are very real. As far as Israelis are concerned an Iran with nukes and the disposition to use them, or even to threaten to use them, represents an existential threat to Israel and to all the people living there.

It also represents a huge threat to US and Western interests and to Middle East stability (yes, at the moment the Middle East is more stable than it's ever been, at least since WWI. Thanks to Israel and the US). A nuclear Iran will become the major player in the Middle East. Do you seriously think that will be a good thing?

And why should Israel make concessions to the demands of Palestinian terrorists without anything in return?

I'd be more concerned about a nuclear Israel than I would a nuclear Iran, honestly. The US, UK and Israel are the real world terrorists. Iran is outspoken and harsh with their words, but lets look at the fact-sheets people.. who's fired the most nukes and started the most wars?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Exactly!

Israel has Nukes, many of them
Iran has nothing, they can't even make their own gas because of restrictions.

There's an armada of ships around Iran.

That's like a T-Rex saying that a starving rabbit poses a threat to him.
It's just justification for war

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Israelis only ever act in self defence and to maintain regional stability at their borders. They do not flaunt their nuclear capability, they do not boast of it, they do not threaten countries with it. In fact nuclear weapons are pretty much useless for Israel, since all of Israel's conflicts are regional - they'd hardly drop a nuke on their own border.

Iran on the other hand has been stirring things up and meddling for a long time in countries that are a long way from its borders, via proxy militant Islamofascist groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas and via the huge, slick anti-Western anti-Israeli propaganda machine that is paid for with Western petrol dollars.

History will prove me right, because Iran WILL have nuclear weapons sooner or later, and the world will change for the worse when it does.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Israelis only ever act in self defence and to maintain regional stability at their borders. They do not flaunt their nuclear capability

Part of it is to avoid the most direct confrontation with non-proliferation policies of the West. As it is, Israel's possession of nuclear arms has already undermined the stance of the world community on this subject -- if Israel is allowed to have nukes, why not other nations in the Middle East or South Asia, for example? So thus far, Israel has already dented the policy and the security of the world.

In fact nuclear weapons are pretty much useless for Israel, since all of Israel's conflicts are regional - they'd hardly drop a nuke on their own border.

I'm seriously curious at this point, about whether you are THAT naive. Why do you assume that Israel would use its nukes as tactical weapons?

History will prove me right, because Iran WILL have nuclear weapons sooner or later, and the world will change for the worse when it does.

I doubt that the world will change for much worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

Israelis only ever act in self defence and to maintain regional stability at their borders.

You lost me right after that statement. It is completely and utterly false. Very rarely has Israel acted in "defense". The cause of most of the problems in that area is Israel, not it's neighbors. Unless of course you count them existing as being a good reason to wage a war.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

But .. but ... but ..... Israel had nukes years ago. And lied about them. And hid them. And locked up Vanunu for exposing the truth

Now you're trying to make a virtue out of the fact that Israel had them all along and lied about it ?

If Israel can't USE it's nukes (as you claim) .. why did it create and stockpile them ? And why, at the same time, did Israel lie about what it was doing ?

Why is Israel bitching about Iran wanting to defend itself against ALL those nukes Israel's been holding over everyone's heads for years and years ?

Who the hell does Israel think it is ?

Iran can cite exactly the same 'poor me' number as Israel. In fact, Iran's far more justified in doing so that Israel, because Iran's been sitting there for years with Israel's nukes aimed in Iran's face.

This little game used by you and Israel had worn thin 20 years ago. You play victim in attempt to grab the high ground. Not working. In fact, it's been worked to death. There's scarcely a person on the planet who isn't disgusted with Israel .. and a lot of people on this planet wouldn't mind seeing Israel take a slap up the side of the head to shut it up and see if that helps Israel grow up.

We're sick and tired of Israel. It sells munitions and secrets to China. It threatens all and sundry and when it's called to account .. off goes Israel with the same old lies and whining.

Israel boasts that it controls the US, that the US is slave to Israel.

Israel starts wars and everyone else has to fight them, while Israel sits back and cleans up by selling to both sides simultaneously.

Dissolution of the 'state of israel' is the solution being proposed by eminent Israelis and academics and people worldwide think that's a great idea

Israel is a trouble-maker. It's got away with it this far. The rope's running out

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Iran
Population: 66 million
GDP: 842 billion USD
Area: 1,600,000 million square kilometres
Military spending: 22 billion dollars

Israel
Population: 7.2 million
GDP: 200 billion USD
Area: 22,000 square kilometres
Military spending: 14.6 billion dollars

Source: CIA World Fact Book

Remind me, who's the T-Rex and who's the rabbit?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Ok. Israel's population is smaller than Iran's ?

And a six year old bully is a lot smaller than an 18 year old

So maybe the pip-squeak bully better shut it's mouth ?

Before the big boy shuts it ?

I doubt Americans are in any mood to save that little bully another time

If that little pip-squeak bully Israel starts a fight with Iran,

then the pip-squeak can fight Iran on its own

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join