It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Can you enlighten us and explain from a political view why the US is asking Israel to freeze settlements ?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I understand that you believe those statements to be true.
I understand that you feel strongly about it.
I understand that a lot of people feel the same way as you do.

But, that doesn't make you right.

Israel has been the victim of regional bullying since its inception.

This is not playing a "victim card", this is merely stating the truth. Israelis do not cry and moan about it, they just get on with it and defend themselves with pride and stoicism.

Now Israel has teeth and it has balls, and it cannot be bullied any more, and some people just can't stand it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Iran
Population: 66 million
GDP: 842 billion USD
Area: 1,600,000 million square kilometres
Military spending: 22 billion dollars

Israel
Population: 7.2 million
GDP: 200 billion USD
Area: 22,000 square kilometres
Military spending: 14.6 billion dollars

Source: CIA World Fact Book

Remind me, who's the T-Rex and who's the rabbit?

I see, you are indeed naive.

A trivia question: about which country did a US president say, that if it were ever attacked, he would strap a M-16 and jump into the trenches and defend it to death? (I assume the Prez would take a few nukes and what not to supplement his assault rifle in that mission). So, did the US president say that about Iran or Israel?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Iran

Israel

I find it funny that they don't list how much military equipment is gifted to Israel by the US. But let me humor you, let's do this per capita shall we?

IRAN
GDP per capita: $12,757 /person
Military Spending: $333 /person
% of GDP spent on Military: 2.6%

ISRAEL
GDP per capita: $27,777 /person
Military Spending: $2,027 /person
% of GDP spent on Military: 7%

So Israel spends almost 7 times as much per person on the Military, yet their GDP is only just over double per person what Iran's is. They spend almost 3 times as much of their GDP on their war machine. Refute that!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This is not playing a "victim card", this is merely stating the truth. Israelis do not cry and moan about it, they just get on with it and defend themselves with pride and stoicism.

Then why doesn't Israel get on with it then?

They just have to involve the US don't they? All they do, seemingly every day is just that.. Cry and Moan how the middle-east picks on them.. waaa..

As far as I'm concerned, this is all Israel's doing. They never stop, they always keep going and continue to play the victim card regardless of how far they go. You reap what you sow.. and Israel is sowing quite a lot, so don't be surprised if they can't handle the harvest come reaping time....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

Because building towns, malls, farms, factories, roads on disputed bits of desert pre-supposes the outcome of negotiations that haven't taken place yet.

I say disputed, because Israel says the land is Israeli and the P.A. says the land should be part of a future Palestinian state.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I agree with the poster above: ignorance can be your only excuse

Or perhaps you're unfamiliar with Israel's continued murderous assults, thefts, rapes, lies, cheating, stealing for the past 61 years ?

Perhaps you haven't seen the photos of Israelis fresh off the boats, carting Palestinians' furniture, crockery, cooking pots, mattresses AND EVEN THE LIGHT GLOBES from Palestinians' houses.

Oh .. and the 'israelis' stole the houses too. AND they're still living in those house they stole.

AND they murdered the owners of those businesses, houses, cooking pots, mattresses.

Or maybe you haven't read Ben Gurion's published diaries, in which he wrote, soberly: ' They beat her, they washed her, they raped her, they took her out into the desert and killed her'.

The 'her' in question was a young Palestinian girl.

And the 'they' in question are now 'israeli' grandfathers and fathers.

And that girl's bones are still there in the desert.

And like Pontius Pilate, Ben Gurion washed his hands of the guilt. The men were not told to rape and kill that little girl. But they wanted to enjoy a pack rape with NO consequences to themselves. And to hell with what the terrified, innocent little girl felt about it, huh ?

So DON'T you dare come in here and imagine for one micro-second that you or Israel is pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.

I KNOW you flatter yourselves that you're all 'geniuses' and that we are all 'stupid goy'. But that sort of thinking is going to be your undoing.

We goy may not flap our big mouths off all the time like the Israelis. No. We keep it deep and bide our time. Israel's had lots of time to lift its game. But apparently, the Israelis enjoy a culture of death. Which is what Ben Gurion said, back in the 1940's .. 'Let them fear us as they fear wolves'. Yes, I can understand how mentalities like that gained a monopoly on Hollywood .. they love the big noise, love to see themselves as heroes.

Except NO one regards Israelis as heroes. NO one. They are regarded as the worst, the most barbaric of cowards. And the Gaza slaughter confirmed what we all knew about Israel. Slaughtering women and children from the safety of 150 metres away .. while the Israeli public stood on the heights, picnicked and cheered while watching the slaughter through high powered binoculars.

The same slaughter, the same boasting, the same lies and whining excuses, have been going on without a break for the past 61 years in Israel alone.

And yes, kiddo .. you bet we are keeping score. You bet

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Rook1545

I understand that you believe those statements to be true.
I understand that you feel strongly about it.
I understand that a lot of people feel the same way as you do.

But, that doesn't make you right.

Israel has been the victim of regional bullying since its inception.

Now Israel has teeth and it has balls, and it cannot be bullied any more, and some people just can't stand it.

Israel cries and moans about it constantly, are you kidding me. If it had the balls and teeth, they would say fine, give Iran nukes, but if they look at us wrong we are going in there and slapping them around. Instead they cry to the entire world about how the big bad Persians are going to try to end them. Yet, Iran has been around a while and has not yet done it.

They have not been bullied as much as they would like to say, if anything they have been the bullies. They started out their little country with some good old terrorism, and haven't stopped since. They cry about how Iran wants to end the nation of Israel, yet they are trying to wipe out a group of people, the true inhabitants of that region, systematically and without sympathy. How can anyone defend a country that does that?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I am sorry, I don't understand it. The US wouldn't adopt a tougher stance against Iran regardless of this ?...
What's the deal and the negociation here my friend ?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Because building towns, malls, farms, factories, roads on disputed bits of desert pre-supposes the outcome of negotiations that haven't taken place yet.

It's typically called "land grab", "annexation" and "encroaching", among other things. Or, sweet Israel.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Firstly let me explain that this isn't completely about Israel
I am opposed to any nation saying a mouse is a threat to a lion.

Such as America's views on North Korea

The so-called Democratic People's Republic of Korea is an economic wreck; a half million or more people starved to death a decade ago. The regime is largely friendless and faces a destabilizing leadership transition. Pyongyang's large military is antiquated; though the North is developing both missile and nuclear technologies, it has no present ability to attack the U.S. and, in any case, would be wiped out by any retaliatory strike.

The American people rightly rank North Korea and Iran as adversaries of the U.S. But neither state poses even a minor threat to America.

I am opposed to any nation using this disgusting tactic, it's just that there's a few nations that do it way more often than others.

Same goes for Iran

Iran is a military midget, at least compared to America. Tehran's estimated military outlays run about $8 billion annually--less than two percent of America's level. Iran's military has been untested for two decades, and much of the Iranian security apparatus is directed at domestic repression.

8 Billion annually, and after doing some research I found that it normally averages around 6Billion.

Moreover, Iran is constrained by its neighbors, including hostile Arab states. Even more significant is Israel, the dominant Middle Eastern military power, with as many as 200 nuclear warheads.

And Below:

The only real potential adversaries with meaningful military capabilities are Russia and China.

All news extracts from here:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Iran poses no threat whatsoever to neither America nor Israel!

On another note, any figure you post about Israel's military spending is how much Israel spends on military and does NOT included how much the United States subsidizes.

Anytime we talk about these issues remember, up is down and down is up.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance Denied
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I hate to admit it, but i do see an attack on iran by the end of the year.. Im not really a big bible prophecy fan, but something did catch my eye, that has intruiged me..

Ezekiel 24

24:1 Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

24:2 Son of man, write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.

To me it looks like 10/10/09..

the thing thats kinda freaky about it is, that Iran have to the end of september to sort out the nuclear thing..

Except that Babylon was the old name for Al Hillah, about 80 miles SE of Baghdad in Iraq.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What did the foul Sharon boast of doing ?

I have the direct quote somewhere ...

He boasted that Israel would drive wedges through Palestine and fill it with 'Settlers' .. until NO one, NO one would be able to tell where Israel ended and Palestine began

And that's exactly what Israel has been doing for 61 years.

Go Google Palestine in 1900 .. in 1920 ... in 1948 .. in 1960 .. in 2009
and you will SEE just HOW MUCH Israel has stolen throughout the years

and it has no intention of stopping

Few people know of the thriving economy in Palestine before the Israelis finally succeeded in the Zionist plan to have Israel 'at any cost'.

Few people know of the flourishing orange and grapefruit and date industries in Palestine

Few people know of the culture existent in Palestine

Few people know of the mansions in Palestine

Few people know of the MILLIONS of Pounds Sterling STOLEN by Israelis in even the first few months

They STOLE the businesses and industries.

It's a matter of record, written by Israelis

By stealing everything that wasn't nailed down in Palestine, Israelis made their first fortune

Israelis clambered off those boats with nothing. They walked up the street, killed the Palestinians or drove them out or enticed them out with false promises (later slaughtering them in the desert). Then the Israelis took Palestinians houses and possessions and businesses and industries and voila ! ... Israel's first economy. And ALL stolen.

It's all online. The photos of the stolen houses and the photos of the Israelis stealing those houses and businesses and writing their Israeli names over the those of the true owners of those businesses and industries .. the Palestinians.

The tore the rings off the fingers of poor Palestinian women they herded into the desert. Ben Gurion and many early Israelis wrote about it and expressed their shame that Israelis would be so barbaric, so bloodthirsty, so foul, so depraved.

Those first few months (and it was going on LONG before 1948 as records show) set the character and pattern of the Israel we see today.

The world was disgusted with Israelis back in the 1940s .. and the world is even more disgusted with Israel today

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

Israel cries and moans about it constantly, are you kidding me. If it had the balls and teeth, they would say fine, give Iran nukes, but if they look at us wrong we are going in there and slapping them around. Instead they cry to the entire world about how the big bad Persians are going to try to end them. Yet, Iran has been around a while and has not yet done it.

Israel warns the world about which way the wind is blowing. Just as Israel warned the world that the Ba'athists in Iraq and Syria were developing nukes. And did the world do anything about it? No. Israel had to.

Israel doesn't want war. Israel doesn't like war. Israel is a country populated by mostly peaceful people. That's why they want to delay Iran's acquisition of atomic weapons

They have not been bullied as much as they would like to say, if anything they have been the bullies. They started out their little country with some good old terrorism, and haven't stopped since. They cry about how Iran wants to end the nation of Israel, yet they are trying to wipe out a group of people, the true inhabitants of that region, systematically and without sympathy. How can anyone defend a country that does that?

Lol, they're not trying to wipe anyone out. Don't be so melodramatic. If they wanted to wipe anyone out they would have done it already. Israelis want a country whose population can live, work and raise families in peace, and which is defensible against future attacks.

They don't want rockets landing on their homes. Nor do they want to have to worry about getting blown to pieces whilst going shopping or going to the pub.

Why do you think this is unreasonable?

Israel has acted with remarkable restraint throughout its short history. They decisively beat the combined armies of Jordan, Syria, Egypt and Iraq in 1967, and had the opportunity to finish the job and roll tanks into those countries' capital cities. They didn't. Instead they ended up giving back the Sinai Peninsular to Egypt, in exchange for peace, even though Egypt had used that region to launch numerous attacks.

Doesn't sound like a land grabbing aggressive nation to me. Sounds like a nation that wants peace with its neighbours, at all costs.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Frankly, I suspect you are trolling

If not, you go live in Israel. Be happy.

But nothing you've said in this thread .. not one word .. has convinced.

You've changed no-one's opinions. You've failed entirely to persuade.

In fact, what you've written sounds very much like the propaganda BS that Israel was peddling back in the day when deluded US evangelicals got all caught up in the Exodus movie and those photos of supposedly joyous Israelis capering around in the kibbutzes, pretending to be self-supporting.

That was long before Americans realised just what a sponge Israel is and how much struggling US taxpayers were paying Israelis to sit in the sun and whine their heads off.

Those days are gone. People woke up.

It's like Pandora's box. Once it's opened, there's no getting that lid back on.

And it's the same with the world now. Once our eyes opened, Israel's lies washed off us like water off the duck's back.

The lies and con are never going to work again.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
The lies and con are never going to work again.

I agree with you that the person you are responding to is entirely unconvincing, but I don't agree with the above.

Of course it will work again, and again and again.

Look at the huffingpost link above I posted and the excerpts as well.
Most americans think that the world's biggest threats are North Korea and Iran.

These are complete lies, but many people still believe it.

So not only will it work again, it's still working now as we speak.

That's what dumbing down the public does and how it enforces a military country.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye, but it's time for me to go home so I'm going to bid you a good day.

As a closing statement, I'd like to say that I don't want to see war with Iran either. War is horrible and should be avoided at all costs. At the moment it's all just sabre rattling and growling, Iran hasn't even mobilized its troops in Southern Lebanon yet, which will be the first sign that things are going to get nasty.

So, don't have nightmares - the world's a nicer place than you think it is!

Shalom!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

go look at the maps of settlement progression over these years.

go ask the palestinians what they feel about the fact that uk gave the israeels their land even thou there was no need for it since israels where already part of old palestina.

and while were at it

go ask israel why they dont declare their nukes.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by zerbot565]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545

Iran

Israel

I find it funny that they don't list how much military equipment is gifted to Israel by the US. But let me humor you, let's do this per capita shall we?

IRAN
GDP per capita: $12,757 /person
Military Spending: $333 /person
% of GDP spent on Military: 2.6%

ISRAEL
GDP per capita: $27,777 /person
Military Spending: $2,027 /person
% of GDP spent on Military: 7%

So Israel spends almost 7 times as much per person on the Military, yet their GDP is only just over double per person what Iran's is. They spend almost 3 times as much of their GDP on their war machine. Refute that!

I can't believe this needs to be explained.........

Take any number (military spending) and divide it by 7 million or so and you get a number.
Take the exact same number and divide it by 80 million and you get a MUCH smaller number.
( This is grade school math people)

even if they spent the same number on military, when you divide it by "LARGER" than 10X, you should get a number that is 10X lower, since it is only 7X lower, do the math for yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If you want Israel to back off militarily from removing Iran's nuclear bomb program, they must be assured that it will be stopped by someone else.

This is the US's attempt to reassure Israel that it will not all Iran to have nuclear weapons.
It is only with that reassurance from the US will Israel feel safe enough from Iran to allow the US to work on peace treaty for the area (around Israel, not Iran).

People can';t seem to realize, why should Israel give up "MORE" land when they get "NOTHING" in return, except terrorists launching rockets and mortar's that much closer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join