It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

The post was a factual list of Israel's history. Given that it is pretty much accepted common knowledge, I think the onus is on you to highlight the bits you refute rather than the other way round.

It is you after all that is disputing accepted history.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

Iran has the second largest population of jews in the ME.They have a minister to represent them in parliament.Israel has an open door policy for jews...don't see iranian jews fleeing from iran to israel because it's such a terrible and oppressive place for them.They even turned down a cash incentive(bribe) to move to Israel.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
I will never believe that the problem is Israel. Nobody seems to notice the fact that Palestinians are not mad because Israel is building settlements in their land, it's because NON-MUSLIMS are occupying their land and building settlements.

That's a bunch of BS right there.

The only thing that you said is true is that you won't ever believe Israel is the problem. That is your problem and will always be your problem.

You've already decided NOT to have an open mind so you lose this debate by default!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

P.S your writing style seems oddly familiar - do you have another account that you post under?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Iran supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country, with an estimated 20,000 to 30,000 living there.

I am surprised, prior to the Islamic revolution there were around 85000 Jews. Where did the remaining go???
Well my post is not only about Iran, its about other Islamic republics as well. Iran has pretty much been supporting Islamic insurgent groups to carry out attacks in many parts of the world. If you want proof of such things I can only tell you this, The FBI couldn't prove that Osama carried out 911. Such things only have evidences or witnesses NO PROOF!!!

Christians of Iran have played a significant part in the history of Christian mission. As of 2004, there are approximately 300,000 Christians

Long live The Ayatollah!!!

There was never a free Jewish state before the creation of Israel. That is history, read about it. It was under control of everyone but the Jewish people. It was not until the 20th century that it was even considered.

Hmmm. So everything in the Bible is false. I thought the jews were the inhabbitants of the combined nation of Israel and Judah untill the Babylonian king took them in exile, since then they have been under oppression till 1948. Even now only Israel exists, what happened to Judah...?

You have to get your theory straightened out. Do you believe a land belongs to someone based on 'Conquest' or 'History'...?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

The post was a factual list of Israel's history. Given that it is pretty much accepted common knowledge, I think the onus is on you to highlight the bits you refute rather than the other way round.

It is you after all that is disputing accepted history.

Fight your own battles Matt, do not fight others.

I used to be willing to argue with yours truly in the past but seeing that yours truly purposely derailed this thread from page one, I am not inclined to do so anymore.

Stay under the bridge, from now on I refuse to pay your toll.

Goodbye sir.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Can you provide evidence of this from impartial and reputable sources please?

And can you explain why, if they are persecuted by Israelis, Israel is the only country in the Middle East where the Christian population has risen (from 34,000 in 1948 to 140,000 today)?

And while you're at it, can you tell me why in the PA administered parts of Israel the Christian population has gone from 15% in 1950 to 1% today?

While I am looking for the evidence that you are asking for, I am going to have to go ahead and ask you to provide the same, from the same kind of sources that you are asking of me.

As far as what I am talking about, there is a thread posted on this site with Orthodox Jewish rabbis spitting on Christians.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Okay Proto

If "derailing a thread" means being the first person to (politely) post something that isn't anti-Israeli and completely one sided, then I shall look forward to derailing many more threads of this nature.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have seen 10 and 12 year olds being trained for purpose of murder, to use AK-47s

You mean like this?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Hmmm. So everything in the Bible is false. I thought the jews were the inhabbitants of the combined nation of Israel and Judah untill the Babylonian king took them in exile, since then they have been under oppression till 1948. Even now only Israel exists, what happened to Judah...?

You have to get your theory straightened out. Do you believe a land belongs to someone based on 'Conquest' or 'History'...?

How about you use a history book instead of a book of fairy tales. I do not subscribe to any of the faiths in question here, so I don't have a skewed view on who owns what based on which Spaghetti Monster said what.

Since you seem to believe all that is the truth, how about we give the land back to the Romans, they are the last ones written about in your little book that owned the land.

And as far as your oppression claim, prove it. Every book every written about that god forsaken chunk of land, shows that while they might not have been governing themselves, they were hardly oppressed.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So one woman spat on one Greek Orthadox Christian and you're using that as evidence to slate an entire nation? Why do you hate them so much? Is it just Israelis, or is it all Jews that you want to vilify?

Have you any idea of the sort of tensions and sectarian troubles that exist between the various Christian sects that visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher?

Remember this?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

On the contrary, I suggest you read a book or two about the history of Jews living in Jerusalem prior to immigration of European Jewry. It's not pretty.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
It's truly a sign of decadence that so many people cravenly defend the Muslim Clerics who run the Islamic Republic of Iran, who have as their mission, the Islamization of the entire world.

For all I know, it is the mission of the Roman Catholic Church to do as much for salvation of people in the entire world as possible, and proselytizing where possible and conversion where opportune are common. Christianization of the the entire world seems to be their goal, which leads to interesting Freudian slips such as calling the Iraq campaign a "crusade" (which was quickly withdrawn).

I don't support Islamic clerics and I don't feel threatened by them, especially that forced conversion is prohibited in Islam. Your post, therefore, is fear mongering as far as I am concerned.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

So one woman spat on one Greek Orthadox Christian and you're using that as evidence to slate an entire nation? Why do you hate them so much? Is it just Israelis, or is it all Jews that you want to vilify?

Have you any idea of the sort of tensions and sectarian troubles that exist between the various Christian sects that visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher?

Remember this?

I think you are reading way too much into this. I don't hate them. I don't hate anyone. I am putting everyone on the same level, something that you cannot do. There are some things that Jewish people have done that have been world changing for both the good and the bad. That goes for any religion or civilization.

I do not resent the Jewish people for wanting a land that they can call their own. I do however hold it against them, that they cannot extend that same courtesy to the people that they have been sharing that land with for all of recorded history. The Palestinian people did not choose this war, it was given to them by the West.

I believe Christians to be the worst of the bunch. I don't think the world has ever seen a religion that has killed so many people, and destroyed so many cultures, all in the name of God. They have meddled in the affairs of every country they have been involved in.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

My dad showed me how to use a gun when I was 9. It was great fun. What's your point?

Now do you honestly think there is a moral equivalence between that and these pictures?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So are you retracting your false and libellous statement that Christians are routinely persecuted by Israelis? Or are you sticking to it?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

On the contrary, I suggest you read a book or two about the history of Jews living in Jerusalem prior to immigration of European Jewry. It's not pretty.

It is not just the Jews in that city, no one seems to be able to live in that city. You would think that a city that was important to 3 religions that are so close in theology would be able to respect each other and just live in the piety that the city should bring out in them. Alas, it seems to do the opposite.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

All Israel is doing is returning back the hatred shown towards them by surrounding Arabs and that would be the normal reaction of anyone being de moralized.

The only thing that you said is true is that you won't ever believe Israel is the problem. That is your problem and will always be your problem. You've already decided NOT to have an open mind so you lose this debate by default!

Believe me, its not my problem
Where in my posts have I shown being close minded. Read through my posts and debate on my theories rather than pronouncing judgment.
Just answer me a few questions if you can..
Does Israel train 10 or 12 year olds to use weapons or kill?
Does Israel carry out Holy Wars or does it attack only in case of threats?
Is Israel forcing people to convert to jews?
Does Israel oppress its own people in the name of religion?
Watch some news once in a while apart from believing in conspiracies. Israel is a nation created by the powers of the WEST.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So are you retracting your false and libellous statement that Christians are routinely persecuted by Israelis? Or are you sticking to it?

No, because it is neither false, nor libelous. Orthodox Jewish Rabbis are on the same level of tolerance as the most fanatical Imams.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

You are a persistent demagogue. If you read the link, you should know that it was not a single event but a trend, with many occurrences, with Yeshiva students being many of the perpetrators. Further, it didn't translate into any hate of Jews professed by poster "Rook1545". You totally made it up. Shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join