It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Israel to freeze settlements in exchange for tougher Iran sanctions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Israeli history of Conflict:

Independence War 1948- Israelis agree to UN compromise, and build a state. Palestinians and Arabs refuse, declaring war on Israel the day it declared its independence. It should also be noted that while the Arab states discrimanted against and kicked out their entire jewish populations, the jews in Israel allowed arabs to stay, even while many left because they thought their fellow Arabs would beat Israel.

Suez Canal War 1956- In violation of the constantinople convention of 1888 and the 1949 armistice, Egypt nationalizes the suez canal and does not allow Israel to use the canal at all, not even for commerce civilian use. The Suez Canal is one of the most important trade canals. Israel invades with French and British support, wins and takes the sinai peninsula and Gaza. However Israel gives the territory back for commercial use of the Suez Canal.

1967 war- Egypt again closes Suez Canal, and signs agreements with Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon. The armies mobilize and encircle Israel. Egypt even goes so far as crossing the UN negotiated line. Israel launches a preemptive attack with its air force and wins in 6 days, taking the West Bank, Gaza, eastern Jerusalem, Golan Heights, and the Sinai peninsula.

Yom Kippur War 1973- The Arabs launch a suprise attack on the holiest Jewish holiday. The Arabs gain the advantage in the beggining, but Israel beats back the Arab forces. Since this was a proxy battle between the US and the USSR, with the USSR threatening intervention, the US iron out a peace agreement

1979- Israel and Egypt sign a peace agreement

1981- Israel bombs a nuclear plant in Iraq, halting Iraq's nuclear program

1981- PLO, recently pushed out of Jordan, settles in Lebanon and raids Israel's border.
1982- Israel attacks the PLO raiding Israel's border and occupies the area to create a buffer zone.

1987- Fist intifada breaks out due to increased Israeli settlements

1994- Israel and Jordan sign a peace agreement

2000- Second intifada breaks out due to Arafat refusing an offer by the Israelis that included: 91% of gaza and West bank, a palestinian capital in East Jerusalem, an international fund for compensation for displaced Palestinians. Arafat refused this because he wanted an immediate withdrawel of Israel from all Palestinian land before the terrorist organizations within the occupied territories were crushed.

2005- Israel unilaterally removes all settlements from gaza, and allows Gaza to increase trade dramatically Source:www.washingtonpost.com...

2006- After Hamas wins the election in Gaza, Israel lays siege to Gaza since the Hamas charter explictly states that its goal is the destruction of Israel.

2006- After a Hezbollah raid that took an Israeli soldier, Israel once again invades the Hezbollah controlled part of Lebanon, however is less successful

2008- After the peace agreement expires, Hamas resumes shooting rockets into Israel, and Israel invades dealing a heavy blow to Hamas

Looking at that record, I'd say Israel was on the defensive the vast majority of the time.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cynic121
Israeli history of Conflict:

...2006- After a Hezbollah raid that took an Israeli soldier, Israel once again invades the Hezbollah controlled part of Lebanon, however is less successful

...Looking at that record, I'd say Israel was on the defensive the vast majority of the time.

Didn't want to quote the whole thing for large quotes are highly discouraged on ATS but can you provide the link to the website where you took this list?

I had to quote the Hezbollah part for this one is controversial... your list states that it is only one Israeli soldier that was "took" while most of the medias refer to 3 soldiers.

Your list got this wrong, I wonder what else in it is biased.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VinceP1974

You ignored my question. You have a The Capital building as Your avatar, and so far You've given me a Poli-ticks answer..... which equates to no answer at all. Why are You even in this thread. My OP firmly postulated the presence of a false flag in the near future to draw all of us into war.

I'd like a direct answer.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For the American public to swallow am attack on Iran on the heels of the Afghani/Iraqi debacles would take a false flag operation of massive proportions,imo.Americans are angry enough with the bungling of domestic issues to be dragged into another pointless mideast conflict.Just my take.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_silver

Didn't want to quote the whole thing for large quotes are highly discouraged on ATS but can you provide the link to the website where you took this list?

I had to quote the Hezbollah part for this one is controversial... your list states that it is only one Israeli soldier that was "took" while most of the medias refer to 3 soldiers.

Your list got this wrong, I wonder what else in it is biased.

right... so you resort to innuendo and avoid providing a counter-arguement by pointing out the only fallacy in a rushed and very long post. If anything that would prove I'm biased against Israel, since my post indicated only one soldier was taken rather than three. So I'll correct myself, three were taken.

However, I reccomend that you actually provide a counter-arguement rather than trying to avoid providing one.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I don't answer absurd nonsense in the form of a question

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I will never believe that the problem is Israel. Nobody seems to notice the fact that Palestinians are not mad because Israel is building settlements in their land, it's because NON-MUSLIMS are occupying their land and building settlements. Its their psychology, deal with it. Its always been this way. They have never shown co - existence. They always need separate land and need whatever is the best in the world for themselves. To live in an Islamic republic and to be a citizen you most definitely need to be muslim. Most of the countries in the world that are now Islamic republic belonged to someone else previously, it was snatched from them in the name of Islam. That is terrorism in itself. What goes around comes around...

[edit on 27-8-2009 by CuteAngel]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
I will never believe that the problem is Israel. Nobody seems to notice the fact that Palestinians are not mad because Israel is building settlements in their land, it's because NON-MUSLIMS are occupying their land and building settlements. Its their psychology, deal with it. Its always been this way. They have never shown co - existence. They always need separate land and need whatever is the best i the world for themselves. To live in an Islamic republic and to be a citizen you most definitely need to be muslim. Most of the countries in the world that are now Islamic republic belonged to someone else previousley, it was snatched from them in the name of Islam. That is terrorism in itself. What goes around comes around...

Wow you really have no clue do you. Did you know that Iran has a very large Jewish, and Christian population? Kind of shoots that theory down. Did you happen to think that the citizens of the countries that you would call Islamic Republics, are mostly Muslim? They never hijacked the country, the country became Muslim as more of the people became Muslim. I guess that never occurred to you.

Here is the real kicker to your completely hapless argument. Israel was formed EXACTLY as you say all these Muslims countries were formed. Pretty ironic that you have so little knowledge about what you are talking about, that you actually wrote the exact opposite of what happened.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Wow you really have no clue do you.

As a person belonging to a country that has been under terror attacks for ages, I know what I am talking about. 911 is pretty new compared to it.

Did you know that Iran has a very large Jewish, and Christian population?

Oh, ok. can u be specific on numbers...? And are they excempt from following the Shiite muslim leader...? Do they have real religious freedom...?

Did you happen to think that the citizens of the countries that you would call Islamic Republics, are mostly Muslim? They never hijacked the country, the country became Muslim as more of the people became Muslim. I guess that never occurred to you.

#tiest thing I've heard. Most of the people were forced into conversion, they were torchured and threatened and the rest were brutally killed. Believe me I know what I'm talking about, having seen that a lot. How else do u think they got a majority. Please, for heaven's sake open your eyes to the world of non abrahamic religions. They cannot even tolerate people of abrahamic descent for on or more of their #ty reasons then how on earth you expect them to tolerate people of non abrahamic descent. How many Zorastrians are there in Iran that you know off...? You might want to do some reading on who the real parsis are...

Here is the real kicker to your completely hapless argument. Israel was formed EXACTLY as you say all these Muslims countries were formed. Pretty ironic that you have so little knowledge about what you are talking about, that you actually wrote the exact opposite of what happened.

Go get an education on history as well as ancient history and then tell me whose theory is hapless!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If the US goes to war with Iran, its game over for the elite. No one will stand for this # any longer.

If the UK decide to join in, i know a hell of a lot of people who are going to call game over and rebel.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

Cute Angel every point that you make is extremely one-sided.
You never show the other side of the coin

Let me explain something to you
If you create an apartheid on a community, they will retaliate to their best
If you oppress a given community, they will retaliate to their best.

Israel NEVER wanted peace! EVER
They got the most nukes on the planet and are therefore a threat to the world!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

They got the most nukes on the planet and are therefore a threat to the world!

Lol, what?!

Even the most exaggerated estimates say Israel has about 200 warheads. How many does Russia and the US have?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

Never take a middle stance on anything, you either make them your friends and remove their sanctions and let them be free or else you go to total war. Thats the way to make sure peace prevails - no middle stance.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Lol, what?!

Even the most exaggerated estimates say Israel has about 200 warheads. How many does Russia and the US have?

I do not believe that Israel has only 200
They've always remained secretive about it

And it is illegal for the U.S. to send money to any nation with nuke stockpiled.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I have seen 10 and 12 year olds being trained for purpose of murder, to use AK-47s as well as other weapons and being sent for jihad by their own parents. Its like they give birth for the sole purpose of killing non muslims, And all this in the name of religion and GOD. If you dont see the picture you must be dumb. No offense but I talk about the radical Islamists. Hail Great Britian!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CuteAngel

Just because you asked...

Zoroastrian groups in Iran say their number is approximately 60,000

Iran supports by far the largest Jewish population of any Muslim country, with an estimated 20,000 to 30,000 living there.

Christians of Iran have played a significant part in the history of Christian mission. As of 2004, there are approximately 300,000 Christians

Wikipedia Article

Hmm...looks to me like they tolerate other religions. There is even reserved seats for those religions in their Parliament.

*EDIT to add*

There was never a free Jewish state before the creation of Israel. That is history, read about it. It was under control of everyone but the Jewish people. It was not until the 20th century that it was even considered.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Rook1545]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
shall we talk about how Israel treats christians?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
shall we talk about how Israel treats christians?

Yes, I think we should. The spitting, the throwing things at them. That is religious tolerance.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynic121

right... so you resort to innuendo and avoid providing a counter-arguement by pointing out the only fallacy in a rushed and very long post. If anything that would prove I'm biased against Israel, since my post indicated only one soldier was taken rather than three. So I'll correct myself, three were taken.

However, I reccomend that you actually provide a counter-arguement rather than trying to avoid providing one.

Sir/Madam/Miss

I was unaware that highlighting something obviously wrong in your list and very well documented by several news agency around the world was resorting to an innuendo which it frankly is not!

You do not rush a very long post, you take your time, it takes a while and that is why it is very long. You either neglected to link that list or are now refusing to do so. I couldn't care less that your's truly is or isn't biased toward Israel. I could have picked the list apart quotes by quotes but I chose not to do so for it is not the topic of the thread at hand. The Topic is not what some Islamic countries did in the past to Israel, the topic is that Bully numero uno (Israel) is asking Bullies # 2, 3 and 4 which are 3 influential members of the UN (France, UK and USA) to start picking on and imposing international sanctions on a country that could, according to Israel, become a potential bully # 5. All of that for some momentarily cease and desist of Palestinian land grabs.

Or in simpler schoolyard terms, Nelson is asking Bart, Millhouse and Lisa to go kick Ralf so that Nelson will for a few days not steal Martin's Lunch.

So then, is it possible to acquiesce to provide a link/links to back up your very long list as previously asked?

ATS motto is Deny Ignorance. It is very hard to take your post at face value considering it is flawed.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Can you provide evidence of this from impartial and reputable sources please?

And can you explain why, if they are persecuted by Israelis, Israel is the only country in the Middle East where the Christian population has risen (from 34,000 in 1948 to 140,000 today)?

And while you're at it, can you tell me why in the PA administered parts of Israel the Christian population has gone from 15% in 1950 to 1% today?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join