It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
You are correct on that - we ARE all corrupt and doomed the minute we are born, per say - unless we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
And before it's implied by someone, no, God isn't going to send an infant to hell for not being saved if it dies prematurely.

Once you become of an accountable age, i.e. have knowledge of Jesus Christ and God's laws, then you're accountable for your thoughts and actions.

Satan can't promise you anything other than eternal death - that is all he is allowed.

Accepting Jesus as our Savior is our only hope of escaping death. That is also in the Bible, that you say you've read.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
sirnex, you seem to be bent on making a case for satan so that he will appear to be a decent angel.

The Bible warns us of satan and how he can, and will, appear to us as an angel of light. He will make things appear to be good, or the right choice - but you have to understand his agenda - which is discussed in the Bible.

God has allowed satan to rule this world - hence all of the evil. But his reign will expire once Jesus returns. The time in between is for us to decide/choose on who we are going to follow and worship. God or satan.

I'm assuming you know that by worshiping satan you are signing your own eternal death warrant?

Do you understand that by using the gift Satan gave us, we are only signing our death warrant because we stopped worshiping a genocidal God? Which is better, knowing right from wrong, or worshiping that which is truly wrong? Satan gave us a gift, he never harmed us. That is what God does to us.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That's sad that you have bought into satan's lies. It makes him happy, of course, but still, it's sad for you ,and for your family - who if they have accepted Jesus as their Savior, will be eternally separated from you.

Sad all the way around.

Please know that satan cannot give you any gift - unless you consider eternal death a 'gift'.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

That again is a battered wife's argument.

If I listen, I won't get hurt. If I obey, I won't get hurt again.

Do you enjoy being a battered wife, fearful everyday that if you anger the Almighty Father that he will punish you? Do you enjoy battling with sin on a daily basis wondering if this action or that action is OK or not?

Satan already gave you the gift of right from wrong, it's already within you. These internal battles do not have to be fought everyday for the rest of your life! Embrace that gift given to you and live a free life without sin as you already know what is sinful and what is not. Satan gave you a gift of equality, a form of respect he demanded from God and punished for asking by God.

The USA tries it's best to destroy tyrants around the world, we do not say this is wrong. Satan is only trying to take out the most powerful tyrant, and your telling me that it is wrong? Should we have left Saddam in power then? He committed the same crimes that God has committed. Do you believe or do you not believe that those acts of violence are wrong?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You misunderstand your bible. Satan doesn't provide death. God threatens death upon those who follow the demands of equality and respect that Satan demanded from God. We have been tortured, murdered, wiped nearly to extinction, we have had an ability to converse easily with all peoples of the Earth taken away from us. All out of demanded equality and respect and exercising a gift of free will that we were told we had.

Your god is the giver of death. Satan is the provider of knowledge from right and wrong. We were given free will, you can either choose to exercise that gift, or continue living in fear of god's wrath, for god is a vengeful god and he demonstrates as much in his own word of the bible.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr.insidious
Albert Einstein believed in God, and he was smarter than you.

In the letter, dated January 3 1954, Einstein wrote: "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish.
No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
"For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people.
"As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are better protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Originally posted by randyvs
i would say the Great George Carlin.
this was his last concert. fyi he was dead w/ in 24 hrs.

Thats a completely false statement.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Welfhard, Welfhard, Welfhard!
What are you doing?

Responding to people who respond to me. Criticising his poor reasoned arguments. Seems fair to me.

Well tell that to people like St vaast and Blackops.I'd say they both had or have a problem with God.

I can't speak on their behalf but I don't think so. And which god?

Dude you really need to settle down.You re going to give yourself a heart attack.

Come, now. It's not like typing is a high intensity workout.

now here's something we hope you'll really like.
this should come you down a little bit. If you just take the two minutes to read it.

Why would I do that? It's christian, meaning that it starts with conclusions first. That doesn't help when looking for answers. Faith only acts as a blinder.

Look!

To bridge the gap in understanding, we seek out the source of information so many ignore-the Bible. Most writers, editors and publishers completely disregard this source of true, lasting knowledge [presumption]. Although they can report what's happening -the who, what, when, where and how-they cannot explain why[if they can't then neither can The Good News].

It's one thing to report the news. It's quite a different matter to dissect and explain world trends and events in light of the Bible and its many prophecies. The Good News fills that crucial gap in understanding[wishful thinking].

The Good News is a magazine of understanding only because our primary source is a book of understanding[presumption]. We encourage you to study its pages, and the pages of The Good News, to gain the insight so sadly lacking in our world.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
no I don't have a problem with god...

... but...

he/she/it probably have problem with me

[edit on 1-10-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Any "religion" that exists to serve satan is not of God.

Enough said.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Unless satan does not exist.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Mankind is who started, and continues to spread, that satan doesn't exist.

Why? Because mankind can't stand to be held accountable. If in his mind he believes there is no satan, then there will be no eternal punishment.

Mankind is so predictable.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Mankind is who started, and continues to spread, that satan doesn't exist.

Why? Because mankind can't stand to be held accountable. If in his mind he believes there is no satan, then there will be no eternal punishment.

Mankind is so predictable.

But it's your religion that says that. So outside of your religion, the idea becomes moot, unless you can prove satan exists.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't have a "religion".

"Religion" is all manmade.

I have a God - a very loving, just God.

A God who created your satan.

A God who has condemned your satan to eternal hell.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Come, now. It's not like typing is a high intensity workout.

I'm surprised at you Welfhard. That was a pretty serious jerk on your chain.Well done.
I've done that to people in the past almost the very same way.Most of the time it's as if the wheels came off.
A tip of the hat.

However
if you didn't go to the link and read, I must emplore you.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
People need to remember that following satan will work just fine while here on earth. All of the really "cool" people are following
him so it isn't a big shock that so many choose to do the same.

But your luck runs out when Jesus returns. So I hope that whatever it is you are doing that makes you not want to follow God is worth your eternal salvation.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

But your luck runs out when Jesus returns. So I hope that whatever it is you are doing that makes you not want to follow God is worth your eternal salvation

This is at the core of everyones reality. People can choose not to believe
it. Many do, I assume through their own extensive experience. 40 years
tops?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

40 years until the end day? I would say more like 10.

If you are referring to age, I am over 40, yes - now I feel sympathy for those born 40 or so years ago - they have been raised to doubt God, to doubt salvation, and to flat out reject Him.

This planet has really fallen when this last generation was born.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don't have a "religion".

"Religion" is all manmade.

I have a God - a very loving, just God.

A God who created your satan.

A God who has condemned your satan to eternal hell.

So a christian then. It doesn't matter what you believe because at the end of the day there is no insurance that you could be wrong. You should consider those ramifications.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm confident that God isn't wrong - nor am I for choosing to
follow Him.

Nadda one liner but then again, it might be unless I keep
on typing and make this more lines than one. Or two. Or.....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

However
if you didn't go to the link and read, I must emplore you.

It did and there is nothing of value there. It's scientifically false. It mentions the Discovery Institute, a science farce and says this.

"Evolution fails to provide answers "

Plain wrong. Creationism Fails.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join