It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
A bearded man who grants wishes does not exist.... the christian god is a magical fairy that prances around telling everyone to rape and kill eachother then does a 0 degree turn and tells everyone to love one another while killing the non believers.

Its sick and pitifull to look at the bible as anything more than propaganda that was used for the religious leaders of the time who had their heads so far up their own butts

The $%^&in pope sat in a room surrounded by pillars of fire to protect himself from the plauge..... gorge bush said god TOLD him to go $%^&ing kill people, MUSLIMS, who are a god damn mirror image of christianity.......

Muslims are like christianity gone camping. ALL of those besides jesus have spoke nothing but complete stupidity.

JESUS WAS A BUDDIST!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Water-tastes-good

Let me put it this way. You're reading words. Guess what? I'm reading words that are apparently coming from a guy named Welfhard. But hey, I've never seen him. Well, there is only one way to conclude this type of evidence by careful analysis, he doesn't exist.

So what your saying is that god's posted on a forum somewhere? No, you're meaning the bible. Well I might point out that the bible has human authors and the assumption that they are inspired has to be taken on faith, a.k.a. a belief without evidence.

Well, don't go after what a person does or thinks then you won't have to worry about the probability of God. But I'm not arguing. I'm telling you firsthand to read the Bible. I agree with you. Many believers use religion to further their own endeavors. Hence the verse in my first post? You read that yet?

I have every right to criticize, that is after all what you would call a "god-given" right. But no opinion of mine regarding other people affects my stance on god. Which was my main point against your other post - that believers are not why atheists are atheists. I've read Matthew.

1stly my friend, no you didn't. Know how I know? Your knowledge on the subject proves otherwise.

Care to illustrate? We've been talking about beliefs, not messages of holy texts so where you got the idea that I know nothing of it's contents is puzzling.

2ndly, you have no idea what the main message of the Old Testament was nonetheless the New Testament.

Again, we weren't talking about messages. You said the book was proof of God, and I said that it's no more proof of your god than any other religion with a holy text. You are shifting the goal posts my friend.

You even search for God?

I was a Christian till I was 19. I'm now 20. Upon leaving the church, I looked at other religions and philosophies regarding god but eventually saw no reason to the concept of faith and so saw no reason to believe without evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is a god and God wants me to believe in it, then it knows where to find me.

In my opinion, if you read the Bible (really) then you would find a little bit of evidence if you actually used some thought.

But opinions aren't tantamount to evidence. The conviction you have for your faith produces such a level of certainty that you claim to "know" in your heart that your god is real - as do millions of other believers of different faiths. So I am unconvinced.

You will find it that when you read it, you will agree with it.

Well having once been a creationist/fundamentalist, I would say that I can write off Genesis to begin with. Similarly for other Old Testament books; di you know that there is no archaeological evidence for Solomon? Or what about Jesus. Not a lot of evidence for him either.

My philosophy is to follow the facts, not the proclaimed truth, hence I recognise science and it's daughter disciplines to be the foremost method of uncovering truths. To start with a religion and a book with a great amount of unverifiable tales is silly - it's the equivalent of starting with a conclusion and then calling it a day, it's intellectually lazy as well.

"Trust Those Who Seek Truth; Doubt Those Who Find It."

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

I think you'll find that if you talked to more atheists about such things, you'll find that it's not what people do that sways their opinion of the idea of God, it's the fact that there is no real empirical evidence for it's existence. It has nothing to do with peoples and their faiths, it's less pitiful than that
well, now you see right there? i don't believe the absolute
complete history of man, contains two more diverse opinions.
what the followers of one belief system, hold up and say is no evidence.
the followers of the exact oppisite belief system, are holding stead fast to the belief, that it is all evidence. i'm talking about the world we live in.
the absolute grand design. just the very fact that you have fingernails to
scratch your booty or to pick out splinters or tiny thorns. what are the chances, of everything happening by chance? no chance

[edit on 25-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

A bearded man who grants wishes does not exist.... the christian god is a magical fairy that prances around telling everyone to rape and kill eachother then does a 0 degree turn and tells everyone to love one another while killing the non believers.
perposterous. no one would believe if this were true. you obviously know nothing of what you speak of.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

just the very fact that you have fingernails to
scratch your booty or to pick out splinters or tiny thorns.

And toenails? Wisdom teeth? To say nothing of the Appendix. Intelligent Design is unintelligent because it ignores human vestigialities where the flaws in the "design" are apparent.

what are the chances, of everything happening by chance . no chance

In a deterministic universe, "chance" doesn't exist. There is nothing random about evolution, that's why we call it Natural Selection.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Look at the history of the bible and the actions it has inspired throughout history.... ALL BLOODSHED. Game over.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I always thought it was interesting that the religious would say that atheism is equal to immorality and that if they didn't believe in god then they'd kill and rape and steal and all that whohaa. Some even say that the cause of all America's issues is that the people have turned their back on God.
However when one looks at the statistics, the most atheistic nations are also the most peaceful, happy and content in their lives, crime is low, pay rates and health care are high etc.

Human Development Index vs Religion

^_^

Norway is the greatest country in the world, even the UN say so and have done for 6 years running. I can't wait to go live there!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Game over.
i don't know what game your playing. but did you win? any reference to this thread being a game, can't be taken seriously.
or however you want to make that statement. please spare me any video game annotations. they are irrelevent.

I always thought it was interesting that the religious would say that atheism is equal to immorality and that if they didn't believe in god then they'd kill and rape and steal and all that whohaa. Some even say that the cause of all America's issues is that the people have turned their back on God.
you totally lost me.they? if you thought it was interesting can you give me some names . who said this when where please? if you will

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What would be relevent is duscussing why hundreds of thousands of children have been raped and murdered in africa? Why are they staving to death?

O yeah thats right they are sinners and worthy of the torment for all eternity for being born poor and alone. Dont you think a compassionate god wouldnt allow such things to happen?....

Jesus loves the children.... he healed the blind. Now he watches in heaven while they are all raped and murdered and does nothing.... Please keep making threads on how $%&^ing great god is while thousnads die every day in ways that would bring even somone as sheltered as you to tears.

Soo pitifull......... WHY HAS GOD NEVER REGROWN THE LIMB OF AN AMPUTEE?!?!?! can you explain that please?

He stops car wrecks.... catches bad guys... cures all sorts of physical and mental alements yet not one limb regrown in the name of jesus...

Is such a thing impossible for your fairytale god? Maybe you should all get on your knees and mumble at the sky for an awnser to that one.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

i also like the way most atheists sound as if they've done something
so horrible somewhere in their life. they will never even consider a supreme being. and any way you say it. it sounds absurd. the belief in nothing.then nothing when it was good and ready became everything.
look i can make what ever you believe sound even more ridiculuos .
so lets not attack each other that way . personaly i think your version of
things no matter how you say it how you try to make me se it.is
the stupidest thing any bunch of know it alls ever came up w/. there is no proof of it being the case. on and on and on round and round . all these posts make you look desperate to sell your story. read the definition of
insane. your not getting anywhere w/ me and you never will.
i don't think there's a whole lot of people reading this thread either so what are you doing?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Soo pitifull......... WHY HAS GOD NEVER REGROWN THE LIMB OF AN AMPUTEE?!?!?! can you explain that please?

no it's your big bombastic question. ask it of atheism.
you hold it in such high regaurd. come on your not for real!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I never ruled out the possibility of god. Since on cannot prove a negative, I can't rule out the possibility but without the evidence there is no reason to believe either. As such, I'm agnostic-atheist.

so lets not attack each other that way
Alright, how would you continue?

it.is
the stupidest thing any bunch of know it alls ever came up w/.

Well..

your not getting anywhere w/ me and you never will.
Oh no, what ever shall I do.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

As such, I'm agnostic-atheist.

well that won't do either! just kidding.i

Oh no, what ever shall I do.
well you know what i'm trying to say right? i didn't mean that the way i think you took it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You've gotten astonishingly aggressive all of a sudden. Are you bipolar or something?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You've gotten astonishingly aggressive all of a sudden. Are you bipolar or something?
no i just go off sometimes for no reason what so ever. i joke.

i'm not trying to offend.i just choose the more direct approach.
it would be childish to insult each other. just the same way, you use your suttleties. i'm more of a bull in a china cabinet. ok?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

By subtleties, do you mean statistics?
Although I probably should apologise as well if I've been too forward. I just wanted to point out that most atheists are not atheists because of the church, religion or believers, but rather philosophical arguments.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

By subtleties, do you mean statistics?
no by subtleties i mean for example this question, that if answered w/ the slightest disregaurd, can make some one look quite foolish.i mean are subtleties and stats even in the same arena?

rather philosophical arguments.
well now your talking to me .to that i would add if i may, that
most of the atheists /agnostics i've come across seem to display
a selfrighteous attitude beyond anything i've seen even in christianity.i
don't know if you realise how many christians also can't stand this sort of arrogant behavior from christian "leaders "as they call them selves.more and more christians need to wake up to the fact that they don't have to be followers. and many are. i promise to dull my sharpness
not that i was quick to judge. think of it as a defense mechanism. anyway you were saying?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, I was being facetious.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

in a word yes. but may i take that as a confirmation that you do have quite an ecology with words.

backtracking i do look aggressive.i think i'll do better now that i know the stereotype does not apply and i do apologise for any misnomers.
lets take this up again tomorrow. i promise to be a far better listener.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well that's good of you.

Yes, language is a magnificent tool of colour and variety. How a person uses it says a lot about them.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Welfhard]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join