It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3vilChild

YES!!! He does not exist...
this could happen only on one of my threads.
ok i got it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

oh my what have i got myseil into.lmao that is quite a list man.
thank you for that.
St vaast

Yes, I damn well do. And I said my piece last night in no uncertain terms. I was furious and disgusted with the god of this planet and I let it know .. I went outside and gave the equivalent of the BIG finger and more
you know i don't really like felines to much.
but that is just one horrible story, and it sucks you had to see that.
i'm damn sure against any living thing suffering.
what an imperfect world.our only difference, is who gets the blame, for crap happenings such as this. thank you much

[edit on 21-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Do I have a problem with god ?

Yes, I damn well do. And I said my piece last night in no uncertain terms. I was furious and disgusted with the god of this planet and I let it know .. I went outside and gave the equivalent of the BIG finger and more.

Why? Well, in a vacant alotment opposite the supermarket are several little kittens. I first noticed them when I saw people feeding them.

The spare alotment is located between other buildings .. it's vacant because the developer, after knocking down the existing building, went broke before he could build his new one. It's been overgrown there for over a year.

Ok, cats and their prolific breeding are a problem for society. And there are those who'd claim they're vermin and that people shouldn't be feeding the kittens (there are several generations, ranging from a few months old to 'adolescents'). But .. it's winter, it's cold and people have taken pity on the kittens. Not their fault they were born. And they're hungry.

Some local women have contacted the Cat Welfare people for months, begging them to come and take the kittens. If they'd been phoning Cat Welfare to say someone had bequeathed the organisation ten thousand dollars, they'd be over to collect in a shot. But so far, they've failed to rescue the kittens. So apparently women from all around have been taking it in turns to feed them each day. And I decided to do my share too and have been leaving food for the poor things.

That's what I was doing last night. And immediately, the timid little things began eating the food I put out.

The vacant block is surrounded on all sides by chain-link, high fencing.

I was putting out the food and encouraging the more scared kittens in the undergrowth to come and eat, when I saw a large ginger tom and another, pale adult cat poised for action. Their attention was focused on a clump of foliage between them. It was almost dark.

I could tell they were stalking something, hunting in a pair. I've seen it before.

So, I distracted them, basically while I was calling to the kittens in the bushes to come and eat.

And in the moment the two adults cats were distracted .. just a second .. a tiny little kitten made a dash from between them and into a hole in the sheet-metal fence of a building adjoining the vacant alotment.

In a second, the large ginger tom was through the hole after it, followed by the other, pale adult cat.

I didn't know what was happening for a second. All the kittens are ginger, so the ginger tom could be assumed to be the 'father'. I tried in that split second to convince myself the adult cats were 'playing' with the kitten.

Then I heard a tiny meeow. And for a split second, I saw the tiny kitten's face peering back at me through the sheet metal fence.

And the ginger tom had the kitten's neck in his mouth.

I ran to the sheet metal fence and found a door, but it was locked.

I banged on the metal and yelled 'Hey' several times, loudly. People passing by stared at me, thought I was crazy most likely.

Then I saw no more. Couldn't get into the yard of the building next to the vacant alotment or get through the fence.

The women who've been feeding the kittens told me they are 'disappearing'.

I walked home sick to my stomach. What a #e planet this is. What sort of deviant, sadistic bastard would create conditions such as we have here, where everything preys upon something else ?

' If this is intelligent design' I told the god of this planet under my breath as I walked home, ' Then there's precious little 'intelligence' in evidence'.

And, 'If you didn't know what you were doing .. if you put this crap hole in motion without first considering the inevitable results .. then you are an irresponsible bastard

and more

Tom cats EATING their young .. utilizing their young as an easy food source .. choosing to eat their young rather than eating the food made available, because eating their young provides entertainment and excitement of the hunt as well as fresh blood.

If I had been able to, last night, I would have blown this hell-hole to smithereens.

This isn't a paradise, it's HELL.

And the god responsible for this place is a DEMON

Thank God my God isn't the creator of this planet, or we'd be having a divorce.

(edited to add that I realise I misspelled 'allotment' incorrectly all the way through .. apologies .. but I'm in no mood to fix it)

[edit on 20-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have enough beef with this GOD character to have me typing on here for the next two weeks straight, so I will leave it at this.

If there is a God, I hope I get to meet him one day so I can tell him to go **** himself.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I've been where you are more times than I can count

and what saved my sanity was the realisation that the 'god' of this planet does not HAVE to be the 'God' we once loved and trusted.

MY God is highly unlikely to be the god of this planet

and when you connect the dots, maybe that's what Jesus and the other saviours were trying to tell us

they were trying to tell us that bad as it is here for us, there IS hope

And maybe that's why Eastern mystics advise us to 'detach' from this world .. to not place value on what it offers .. to free ourselves from all the desires and inducements of this world, this dimension

After all, why should we accept that the 'god' of the Bible is THE god ?

I don't. Not any longer

So don't despair. Look past this planet and the tales that were drummed into you in Sunday School.

Don't give up on God .. don't let conditions on the planet, in this dimension, take away your faith in the Ultimate Creator. This is just ONE planet, ONE dimension. And it seems that this planet/dimension is a run-down ghetto in one tiny backwater. When you're in it, it's hard to see beyond. But do see beyond, for your own sake

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Republican08

oh my what have i got myseil into.lmao that is quite a list man.
thank you for that.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by randyvs]

It is one hell of a controversial list too.

If you can answer half of them, or post Well thought out, And good substantiated responses, you will have beat all of ats combined

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Yeh.

My problem with God is His claim to be omnipotent, omniscient and good.

Obviously, if he's omnipotent, he can't possibly be good. A being that is good is automatically barred from many courses of action.

If God is good then He is incompetent and refusing to admit it.

And if he is omniscient He cannot be good, because he would be capable of evil thoughts, which are said to be sinful, no?

Since you apparently have a line into (or, for all I know, are) His PR department, could you please forward this inquiry and let me know of any reply?

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do I have a problem with god? Well, see, that would depend if my definition of god was the same as others.

To simplify it, I have a problem with man-made gods be they Christian, Islamic, Hindi whatever. If it's a man made book, passed down by man, taught by man, and edited by man to fit the facts of modern times or to delete the unwanted bits, then yes I have a problem with it. I have a problem because it is man made and used to control people and worse, to control their thoughts. Did you know the worst sin you can perform is to doubt your religion if you're a Christian?

As for the creator of the universe, I'd like to know how people can truly know It, as they claim. If It is infinite, everywhere, knows everything and everyone then surely even beginning to grasp It or It's designs and wants (that religions claim to know) would be impossible.

I say It because, why would a supreme being have or want to be named a specific gender, that's mans (outdated) assumption that the male of the species is superior seeping in there.

If there is one, in the billions(?) of stars that we observe, in the mind boggling amount of solar systems and planets that could be and probably are out there, amidst many many galaxies made up of all these stars, why should I assume that It has a special interest in the miniscule speck of life on one watery hunk of rock on the galactic outskirts of the milky way anyway?

My beliefs are complicated and tempered and tested by what I learn and experience everyday, up to the point where they get turned on their heads occasionally and I have to reevalute everything. I wouldn't be allowed to do that if I were still in a religion. Did you know there are some people who claim to be in contact with spirits of the dead, but these same spirits get very annoyed if you call them dead and claim they are alive? I know that's not very publicised, probably because if it were that would force religions to take long hard looks at themselves.

So, yeah, I have no problem with the concept of a supreme being, but I do have problems with humanity's arrogance that in this vast universe, we are somehow specially chosen as It's favourite pets.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by ShiningSabrewolf]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It it obvious that this OP has no intention of having a well thought out discussion.

Worthless thread as per usual on ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Albert Einstein believed in God, and he was smarter than you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr.insidious
Albert Einstein believed in God, and he was smarter than you.

No he didn't, Eddington did. But arguments about this aside, what exactly does this have to do with the OP or anyone else who posted thoughts? It looks like you're just trying to incite people into an argument

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
A beef with God ?

Firstly clarify which one you mean..because I have a major problem with Odin.

The SoB lost popularity before I could get into Valhalla ..freakin' a-hole...I really wanted to go to Valhalla it sounded like fun

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Oh my God! another thread on God.
What do I think?This living creature on a speck of dust in what my primitive forefathers would call the known universe?
Let me start with free will.
Every decision I make is of my free will, its a gift I was born with.This will is put into motion in time, by something I cannot even begin to understand.
I believe no one has all answers,yes some may have glimpse, but just a glimpse of a pixel in such a vast space in time it is nearly nothing.
Back to God.Why did you do this to me? or should I be asking myself,why did I do this to myself?
Let me ask you people this.If God exacted perfect control of your life, made everything perfect just for just you.Would you be happy?or would you just be his puppet?
I like to look at God Like my parents.
I love them not because they told me to.I love them for what they have done me.
It's called respect.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
good thread.

I wonder if anyone's suffered more than a baby deer getting eaten alive by a bear.
such is the system that we exist in.
our pitiful examples, in north america mainly, of suffering seem to be representative not of suffering, but of a generation obsessed with the idea of happiness without sadness. infinity without a concept of nothing.
take without give.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

The concept of freewill is a logical fallacy. Every outcome is predetermined. Cause and effect. Also, one cannot be 'given' freewill because that implies that one had the capacity to have it in the first place, but if one has the capacity, one must have freewill also. Not to mention that if freewill comes from god then it is not your freewill, it is god's.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What?
Freewill is freewill.Gods or yours?
How could yours be the same as his? unless you agree.
Pick one.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

How could yours be the same as his? unless you agree.

If it's his, it's not ours. Freewill is illogical through and through.

Pick one.

I thought I did.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Help me understand.
Do you believe you gave your self freewill?
If so how did the other you give it to you?
Do you have some connection in a parallel universe that the rest of us have yet to discover?
If there is no other you, where did your will come from?
Enlighten me great one.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I'm saying that it doesn't exist. A universe governed by cause and effect doesn't allow for it because all things are predetermined - that is to say that the future is set in stone like the past is. If that is so, then any choice we make has a predetermined out come and is therefore not "free".

So....
"Freewill is a logical fallacy."

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

I'm saying that it doesn't exist. A universe governed by cause and effect doesn't allow for it because all things are predetermined - that is to say that the future is set in stone like the past is. If that is so, then any choice we make has a predetermined out come and is therefore not "free".

who wertz can you explain this to me? how everything's predetermined?
i'll agree that every action causes a narrowing of effect but what your saying is, well, i'm calling shinnanigans on you lol
jokingly yet seriously,
heyo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join