You got a problem with God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Cause determines effect.
Every cause is an effect of another cause and thus a linear timeline of events becomes.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Props to you welfhard...you stay much calmer than I. This guys bubble got popped by your first post. I agree with everything you have said.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

yeah that's true but it stating how things are doesn't really explain how they are determined.
Like for instance, we have the effect of limitless gravitation energy exuded by mass, yet we have no cause for it's energy being eternal.
we have cause and effect there, of course, but it doesnt' really get to the core of the matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Well we know that it is, so I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'how' in this context.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by flyingfish

Every outcome is predetermined.

yeah i agree, let's just stick with what we know.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No problem with God whatsoever.

Big problem with other people trying to force their idea of God, down all others throats.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in the that there is no God and it’s all just made up by man to help explain the unknown. And the rulers of older societies used religion as a form of control.

But just for sake of argument, God did exist and he created Everything.
Where is he? Why would he create all this and just leave. He gave us a rule book to follow and then poof he is gone.
I have lived my whole life based on my decisions with no help from God.
Who is he to say if im a good enough person to get into heaven. He didn't create me, my parents did. He has ZERO influence on my life and my death.
If he does exist then he abandoned us. He deserves Zero worship. The world he created is in turmoil and he is nowhere to be seen.

If God created us in his likeness then he made a mistake. Because his likeness is evil and destruction because thats what we are.
God = Fail.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Constantly here on ATS,running into folk, who seem to have a big beef w/ the creator. So I'm hoping for a fair sized list here, for reference. At the same time ,
providing a space, for all your big beefs. NOTE- I will provide not one critique,
in the course of this thread. If any discussions arise so be it. All ATS rules
apply as always. So try to keep civil please. I do reserve the right to pop in
once in awhile, if I, and when I, so choose. Here's why I am choosing to remain
silent, thru most of this thread. Don't let this scare you off please.

I want not just your big beefs. I also want to know, if you just don't think he exists.
Tell me why?

I have a "beef" with religious organisations trying to spread ignorance and blatent disinformation and trying to slander science.

People who believe in god I have no problem with.. but people who want to try indoctrinate other people's childen into their own belief system through (attacking) science class I have a big problem with. It's unethical, deceptive and in some ways even predatory.

Can't get the neighbourhood kids into church or Sunday school? Just bring it to them through public school by hiding it in a trojan horse called "creationism"! :shk:

[edit on 22-8-2009 by riley]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Why wouldn't people want there children to believe what they believe and spread the word?
This is very natural,how else would we learn?
Often we do not agree in the word.Any word.
This is why I will take your toys.Then you cry, then you retaliate.
Then it's on.
War

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Why wouldn't people want there children to believe what they believe and spread the word?
This is very natural,how else would we learn?

There is a line between encouraging and indoctrinating.

I was indoctrinated into Christianity. It's a shame to see a mind wasted.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
True that.
Are you poster child?
Again I would like know wisdom beyond your avatar.
What is it you believe in? or have you fallen for everything?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
One way or the other you will come home.
Energy cannot be destroyed or created.......

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

True that.
Are you poster child?
Again I would like know wisdom beyond your avatar.
What is it you believe in? or have you fallen for everything?

A poster child for indoctrination? Obviously not, most won't escape the mind constriction.

I believe in that which is demonstrably true - Science. Beyond that I have no faith, I claim uncertainty. I don't think there is a God but I can't know.

One way or the other you will come home.
Energy cannot be destroyed or created.......

That depends what you mean by "you" and "home". I am made of matter which is in turn made of energy, however the body completely replaces itself - in terms of atoms - every 7 or so years, organ by organ, tissue by tissue, but "I" apparently last longer than that. In the end when my body begins to decay, the sum of my cognitive functions will likewise break down.

Therefore either I am already home, the universe, or home is oblivion.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You can't know?
This will be your weakness.
I'm sorry for this obvious crack in the otherwise perfect specimen.
I will however give all- the out.
It is within.
I know this sounds deep/religious or what not.
But in the end it's all about you.
Sad.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

You can't know?

Not with any remote certainty.

But in the end it's all about you.

This is a narcissistic assumption. I think if there is a god, it doesn't care about us judging by the fact that life was around for 3 billion years before it popped us out.

Sad.

Not so, my life has only improved since then, ambition, fulfilment, attitudes, achievement.... Life had a new colour suddenly.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I dont believe that there is a God. But I do believe in energy fields and existances that we do not yet understand. I think that ghosts, spirits, angels, deamons, and an afterlife all exist.

And if the Christian God does exists, then why the heck would he create imperfect humans, punish us for making mistakes, and send his own son to die before he could decide to start forgiving us.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Icon_xof

Let's not forget try to wipe us out and fail miserably.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
can u really argue with a force u cant sense?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

And if the Christian God does exists, then why the heck would he create imperfect humans, punish us for making mistakes, and send his own son to die before he could decide to start forgiving us.

He didn't make us imperfect, He made us perfect. It was when we disobeyed God that we became imperfect. We brought sin upon ourselves. God gave us a choice and we chose sin.

God had to send Christ to Earth because we were guilty under God's law and couldn't get to Heaven on our own. He realized this and sent a sinless man, His son, to die for us so that we wouldn't be guilty.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke

He didn't make us imperfect, He made us perfect. It was when we disobeyed God that we became imperfect. We brought sin upon ourselves. God gave us a choice and we chose sin.

I see nothing immoral about seeking knowledge.. thats kind of like a master forbidding a slave from learning how to read.

God had to send Christ to Earth because we were guilty under God's law and couldn't get to Heaven on our own. He realized this and sent a sinless man, His son, to die for us so that we wouldn't be guilty.

..where does it say he was sinless?

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join