It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Then all I can say to you is to enjoy your eternal consequence, my friend.

The tyrant is satan who is the one responsible for the evil in this world - God gives us a choice - follow him or follow satan.

You are an adult - the choice is yours.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That's the sad part of this - anytime anything goes wrong, everyone wants to blame God.

God isn't about evil, at all. He has no evil about Him. But satan has been allowed to win and carry with him to hell as many souls as he can before Jesus returns. And when a murder takes place, or a building goes down, or a car is jacked, it's satan, make no mistake. God doesn't instruct His children to do evil. But satan does, and will. And he will continue to do this up until Jesus' return - then his evil goose is cooked for good.

I look at it this way - God is allowing satan to weed out the bad seeds before Jesus returns. If you know anything about the parable of the wheats and tares, you will understand that the good will be separated from the evil in the end days. i.e. the wheats and the tares.

God doesn't want anyone in Heaven that has rejected Him. If you created a planet, and inhabited it with peeps, wouldn't you do the same? I would. I would be partial towards the ones that tried to follow my laws and that accepted me, and my Son as their Savior and Lord.

God set in place His laws for us - and gave us free will. So sure, we all have a choice of who we wish to follow. But for the life of me I cannot figure out why so many people are willing to suffer such a horrible future when they don't have to.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I want not just your big beefs. I also want to know, if you just don't think he exists. Tell me why?

Define this "God" of yours for me in such a way that it doesn't contain an inherent contradiction or paradox. How can I be expect to believe (or not) in something (if it even is a "thing") that can't even be defined or possibly comprehended? Do you believe in ╟╚╔╥▒╦═╖╟▲╢ ?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

So you advocate genocide if a group of people don't worship you? You consider that a 'good' trait? You find no contradiction between an act of genocide and being called all loving and all forgiving?

Look, all Satan was asking for was a little more equality, but god being the major bleep he is decided to cast Satan out. For what reason, is asking to be considered being treated equal really worthy of getting kicked out? Hell, we should have used that line of argument to stop the whole feminism movement!

Satan has never been a tyrant towards mankind at all. He has never killed anywhere near as many people as god. He has never demanded wars fought in his name. He has never committed a *single act of genocide*. Nor has Satan demanded that mankind should worship him for fear of punishment for failure to do so.

There are always two sides of the argument and for all intents and purposes, it looks like god is one rotten spoiled brat. Satan even went out of his way to TEACH us right from wrong, and luckily some of us learned it was wrong to worship a genocidal tyrant. I'm going to assume that your hero's include Saddam and Bin Laden...

There have been more deaths committed by god and by god's followers than any other deaths in all of human history. You tell me again who the tyrant is. Or are you too afraid that your tyrant leader will sentence you to an eternity of hell because you failed to kiss a..

[EDIT TO ADD]

Satan did not reject god, he asked to be treated as an equal. What god wants is people who will worship him. God created all the angels with free will, just as us. Only Satan exercised his free will in an act of equality and was *punished*.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

And there's the proof - anytime anything bad happens, the first one people like yourself want to blame, is God.

Why?

Because He has the power and authority to prevent it?

Ask yourself this - why would anyone create a planet, an entire universe - and then program all inhabitants to basically be robots, doing everything the Creator said to do. That would make no sense.

That is why God allows humans a choice - and some of those people have decided to make very evil choices. I.e. 911, Rwanda, etc.

God isn't to blame for any evil - that is where you are becoming stuck - you aren't the first, but are among millions, if not more, that want to blame God for the evil in this world. Satan is your man for blame - not God.

Another angle - while we perceive 'death' as bad - look at how God must perceive it. Death, to Him, means calling one, or more, of His children home. This planet is not our home at all - we are all only here temporarily until Jesus returns. Once that occurs, we will all either spend eternity in Heaven or hell. While death, to us in our mankind minds, is painful and permanent, for God, it isn't. It's simply bringing one of his children home to where he/she belongs - providing they have accepted Him as Savior.

You are wanting to blame the Creator for mankind's choices - when it's satan behind mankind's evil choices.

Bottom line, the ones who don't accept Him as their Savior, are sadly being led by satan in their choice. So many people want to believe that just because they reject God doesn't mean they are following, or believing in, satan. Far from the truth - we are either for God, or against Him - and if you are against Him, then by default, you are officially a follower of satan.

Again, it all comes down to your choice as to who you want to serve. No one will ever force you to believe, or accept, God or Jesus. No one will ever force you to believe, or accept, satan either.

But satan makes it very difficult to say no due to he knows how our earthly minds work - he knows that humans, by nature, are full of sin and full of corruption. Satan simply sits back and plays off on that very angle. Sadly, millions, if not more, are falling game to his tactics.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Your argument is the same tired argument of a batter wife.

It's not his fault, it's mine. I should not have gotten out of line. I deserved to be hit. He love's me, he's just protecting me from other men.

List goes on my friend.

Are you a battered wife of God?

In this type of relationship, there is no free will and no equality.

You either do as your told, or you are punished. You show me the free will in that statement. You only have one choice, because the other choice will result in pain or death.

Battered women only recover from the psychological scars inflicted on them after years of therapy, you should start today.

[EDIT TO ADD LINK]

Read this: LINK

[edit on 1-10-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And a further reminder - sinful mankind is who didn't like God's laws and decided to create their own religion(s).

God is God - He isn't a religion. The numerous "religion clubs" have all been created by man.

But most people, especially here on ATS, want to lump God in the 'religion' pile. All because groups of people kill and then claim they do it in the name of God. Or entities they have created that they claim to be their god.

God has nothing to do with religion - using 'religion' and "God" is one more tool that satan is using to add to his own private hell club.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Ok, to break this down simpler..... which law(s) of God is it that you don't like.

You say we don't have free will, and any choices have to be the right ones or we get punished, etc.

So there must be something about God's laws that you don't like or don't want to comply with?

Or is it that you are just too full of pride and vanity to ever, ever, evahhhhh allow yourself to become so humble as to submit to anyone other than yourself.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Read this LINK and read your bible. The bible is the infallible word of God, without error. In this bible you can plainly see the atrocities committed against the human species by God himself as he divinely spoke those words into the bible.

In this same book, you will find little to no information about the so called sinful evil attributes of Satan and only a minor amount of death committed by Satan compared to the numerous deaths and genocides committed by God.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And I did click on the link you provided - the title being "Is Satan Really Such A Bad Guy?"

Thank you for providing that link, and information, but as a follower of God, I already know that satan is the enemy of God, therefore I choose not to read something that attempts to paint him in a good decent light.

He is satan - that's all I need to know.

Closed mind? You bet - Christianly closed.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

If you have read "your" Bible, you would also know that satan is discussed in great length in the Scriptures - as one to avoid, and to not even afford him a foothold in your life.

Sadly, it sounds like you have allowed that though.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

No, sorry ... I refuse to be a battered 'wife' and yes I do demand being treated with respect and equality without fear of death being placed upon me for thinking such thoughts. No real good loving entity would demand unquestionable worship without choice and then claim that we have free choice, but the minute we exercise that free choice we are damned in an unloving and unforgiving fashion. Unless we say sorry and submit again... just like a good battered wife.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

You obviously haven't read your bible in great length. IIRC, there are only three deaths attributed to Satan. It's been a while since I've last read the bible however. I do no that Satan has committed no acts of genocide and has never demanded that mankind need worship him out of fear of punishment for failure to do so. I do beg you to read the link, possibly give me a reasonable answer to the moses problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry, Satan did not kill anyone in the bible nor order anyone to death. Must have read this from a god loving website a while back ago then.

•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

From the same site linked to previously, which you feel no need to *like a good battered wife* bother reading.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You sound as if you have been misled into believing that in order to receive salvation, that you have to be a perfect human being with no bad thoughts or bad actions?

If so, you've been told incorrectly. God hates sins - but He also knows we have been born into sin, we are in His eyes, "filthy rags". THAT is why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins.

Does that mean you can receive salvation and then go on about your life killing peeps and intentionally sinning every day? No - once you receive salvation, the Holy Spirit is in your heart and causes you, yes changes you, into WANTING to do better. But no, none of us are perfect, and never will be until Jesus returns and removes all evil from the planet. But you don't have to be perfect - by no means, I don't think God expects us to be perfect as the only perfect human that has ever walked the earth, or every will, is his Son, Jesus.

I'm a Christian and I still struggle with sin - because I'm in this world of sinners and corruption. But I also try to keep as much sin out of my life as I possibly can. Does that mean sacrificing things ? Sure it does. But the way I see it, God sacrificed His Son's very earthly life for me - so giving up material earthly things is not a fraction of what He has done for me.

Bottom line, none of us are perfect, and while in this life, none of us ever will be. You are being too critical of "you". Ease up, my friend - God is patient with His kids.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
Sorry, Satan did not kill anyone in the bible nor order anyone to death. Must have read this from a god loving website a while back ago then.

From the same site linked to previously, which you feel no need to *like a good battered wife* bother reading.

We don't know what satan did, other than to "rebel", that got him tossed eternally from Heaven.

There are probably a gabazillion things that we, as humans, don't understand, and won't until we are changed from our earthly bodies into our eternal bodies.

Just like God being the Creator - when I was younger, I used to ask my mother how did God begin - did He wake up one day and realize "hey, I'm in charge here".

My mom explained it, the best she knew how, which made as much sense as it could, being we all have human minds - she said that God is like a circle - no beginning, no end. It is almost impossible to fathom that using my earthly mind. In fact, I still have trouble grasping His beginning -

[edit on 1-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To answer the OP question... "You have a problem with God"???

Of course not, it would be equal to being pissed off at the easter bunny, angry with santa claus or miffed at the great pumpkin.....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

You obviously haven't read your bible in great length. IIRC, there are only three deaths attributed to Satan. It's been a while since I've last read the bible however. I do no that Satan has committed no acts of genocide and has never demanded that mankind need worship him out of fear of punishment for failure to do so. I do beg you to read the link, possibly give me a reasonable answer to the moses problem.

What problem was there with Moses?

Dang, you want to drag everyone in on the blame game dontcha?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
sirnex, you seem to be bent on making a case for satan so that he will appear to be a decent angel.

The Bible warns us of satan and how he can, and will, appear to us as an angel of light. He will make things appear to be good, or the right choice - but you have to understand his agenda - which is discussed in the Bible.

God has allowed satan to rule this world - hence all of the evil. But his reign will expire once Jesus returns. The time in between is for us to decide/choose on who we are going to follow and worship. God or satan.

I'm assuming you know that by worshiping satan you are signing your own eternal death warrant?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Apparently you've never read the book of revelations. If I were you, I would take the time to reread the book in it's entirety. Your damned nearly the minute your born, and funnily, it's all written down for you god lovers to read.

It's OK, Satan loves you, he gave you knowledge to learn right from wrong, a gift God forbade us from having. Satan has never hurt a living human nor ordered us put to death like God has. He, Satan only asks that you use the gift he has given you, the very gift that once we took, we too were punished for. Yet, we were naive and unaware of that transgression against god, for he did not create us with the inherent ability to know right from wrong, it was only after that gift was given to use that we realized what had happened, and we still got punished.

You can continue living as a battered wife if you choose, but don't tell me your free to choose that if your afraid of the punishment that would be given if you chose against it.

I'm free, your not.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join