It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Dang, you want to drag everyone in on the blame game dontcha?

I buckled over on this one.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I do have a problem with your god.
We are supposed to worship him and when we die we go to heaven to worship him for eternity?
Hmmm, why?
If we don't worship him and ignore him then he will send us to hell and we will be tortured for eternity.
That is one messed up person and I wouldn't like to be part of his shenanigans.
By what I've read in the bible, god and Jesus are aliens and they are not the only ones, Jesus was supposed to make us follow him and he failed.
They patch him up and send him back and he basically says that he is not ready to take control over us and that he will come back later on. Honestly, someone who can't control a bunch of smart monkeys shouldn't be in charge. How much power does he have over us when he has to use fear tactics and threats, to gain our respect?

My real thoughts on the whole god thing......

He is an alien that designed us and saw that we where trouble and decided to come back later to see if we where behaving. "Chariots of fire" comes to mind, back in the day the only light that they had was fire, a flying object with lights would be described as a chariot of fire.
"Columns of fire"= Laser beams or bright beams of light. Read the bible and think of what they had back in those days or search in goggle and I'm pretty sure you will find this stuff and it will make sense.
Just because he made us, doesn't mean that we have to adore him, but he doesn't see it that way, he See's it in a way that an obsessed psycho sees his girlfriend,the "It's me or no one" mentality, you are going to love me and serve me and if you don't, then I'm going to torture you and do the worst stuff that you can imagine......
I don't believe in god but I do believe in the possibility of an after life...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

hahahaha well the modern day church thought the earth was flat, jesus didnt tell me where jesus said the earth was flat, oh and the pope isnt even close to the right hand of god and doesnt know enough to tell the masses hes no angel. period before you go speaking blasphemy learn to think mister im so smart i think that i know better than more than 1 billion people, mister independent there is only one person that thinks like you and thats you, try beating more than 1 billion again and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

oh and the pope isnt even close to the right hand of god and doesnt know enough to tell the masses hes no angel.

Doesn't matter. It demonstrates that believers in Jesus can and do believe in Evolution, most do in fact.

period before you go speaking blasphemy learn to think mister im so smart i think that i know better than more than 1 billion people, mister independent there is only one person that thinks like you and thats you, try beating more than 1 billion again and see what happens.

Numbers validate your belief? (most of whom believe in evolution)
I'm pretty sure there are a fair amount of Muslims out there as well.

However isn't interesting that of all those people, none of them have developed a Theory of Creation that has ever made it near a peer review. If evolution is so wrong, then make your own theory and usurp evolution!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Haha, funny video!

The only plan God has is the systematic genocide and murder of any and all who oppose his tyrannical behavior. Worshiping him is just the same as if we left Saddam in power, they have both committed the same crimes.

God is like the mafia or abusive husband. Follow me and listen to me and I won't hurt you.

People that God has hurt or who follow him are like the battered wives. I deserved to be punished because I disobeyed. If I listen, he won't punish me.

Following God is no better than making excuses to stay in an abusive relationship. Lucifer, giver of knowledge and eternal life has given us a gift, a way out of this abusive relationship. Most people in abusive relationships don't even realize they are in abusive relationships because they find ways to justify that abuse. Use the gift that was given to you and learn to *live*!

sorry god wants a perfect world and you play your part and the end, well we will see who gets what, i think your screwed personally, what do you live for; your self, you deserve nothing personally i cant wait till all the unrightious burn in hell, yea you already missed your last warning you know who that wAs it wasnt jesus it was joan of arc says in the bible you killed her just like you kill every rightious person say they are wrong and they way they were killed will be the way the unrightious who killed them will be killed so personally i cant wait till you all burn and i hear you weep for what youve done it otta be fun what do you think and yes ive heard the other side of the arguement, like well that doesnt soundf christian or what makes you rightious, ill tell you what youll see more of me in the future. you can trust me on that

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

no actuallyt more seem to believe in the pope and the others listen to the pastors at the church who give their opinions instead of the way it is. have you ever actually heard a pastor talk about the genises of man no you usually dont because they dont hold enough faith and believe the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by randyvs

I certainly think it's possible that God could exist, I concede that point, but looking around the world, looking at our evolution, looking at our history and how religious thought has done nothing but hold us back, the only way that I can reconcile the idea that god exists with reality is that it plainly doesn't care about us.

HOLDING US BACK?

HOLDING US BACK?

HOLDING US BACK?

I've lived my entire life without God, and all it let to was Sex, Alcohol, Drugs, Money Worship, Worship of America, and exploiting my freedoms.

It is because of religion that I've learned basic principals of morality.

each time I commit a sin (or what you refer to as moraly wrong)... I feel a conviction

Religion isn't holding us back... it's our human nature that will always holds us back.

You seem to forget that we are still animals classified as mamals. In the movie The Matrix it seems as if we were clssified as a virus.

well, whatever we are classified as, it's important grasp the knowledge that you do have a soul... and whatever happens in this world, whatever you do, your soul will live on.

religion gave me food for the soul

the abstence of religion gave food for the flesh.

So if religion is going to hold us back... then you might as well join the church of Scientology. Because basically you want Science to be your God.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by randyvs

I certainly think it's possible that God could exist, I concede that point, but looking around the world, looking at our evolution, looking at our history and how religious thought has done nothing but hold us back, the only way that I can reconcile the idea that god exists with reality is that it plainly doesn't care about us.

HOLDING US BACK?

HOLDING US BACK?

HOLDING US BACK?

I've lived my entire life without God, and all it let to was Sex, Alcohol, Drugs, Money Worship, Worship of America, and exploiting my freedoms.

each time I commit a sin (or what you refer to as moraly wrong)... I feel a conviction

Religion isn't holding us back... it's our human nature that will always holds us back.

You seem to forget that we are still animals classified as mamals. In the movie The Matrix it seems as if we were clssified as a virus.

well, whatever we are classified as, it's important grasp the knowledge that you do have a soul... and whatever happens in this world, whatever you do, your soul will live on.

So if religion is going to hold us back... then you might as well join the church of Scientology. Because basically you want Science to be your God.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

no actuallyt more seem to believe in the pope and the others listen to the pastors at the church who give their opinions instead of the way it is. have you ever actually heard a pastor talk about the genises of man no you usually dont because they dont hold enough faith and believe the whole thing.

Why should they? They have supposedly been given brains to reason but instead are expected to believe whatever the book says. Those are contrary ideas.

No matter what you may like to think, all faith is blind. Faith is defined as a belief without evidence, so to reason and look at what evidence suggests is the opposite of faith. Some christian once told me that "proof can't exist because it would negate faith" and he's quite right.

Faith is a bad thing because it acts as a blinder because if a person with faith is wrong, there is no hope they can be corrected because of that faith.

But enough of that rant, my point stands. People can and do believe in a God and evolution. They are not mutually exclusive. The Genesis and evolution are, but then Genesis is not the same thing as god. People who take it as authoritative of god absolutely (when everyone knows it was written by human hands) is engaging in Bibliolatry, a form of Idol worship.

: )

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Well firstly, Scientology has nothing to do with science like the Patriot Act has nothing to do with Patriotism.

And secondly religion does not give us morals, that is nonsense.

This is an evolution themed video but it talks about atheistic morals vs religious morals so is doubly applicable.

You say your life has gotten better since becoming religious. Well mine got better after deconverting, so there you go.

You think I have no morals? You think I feel no conviction? REALLY?

That's not a matter I'm willing to take on faith. Some evidence would be nice, otherwise I have no reason to believe.

Religion poisoned me. I hope it treats you better.

The most atheistic countries in the world (Norway, Sweden, Finland etc) happen to be the least crime ridden and the most peaceful. Religion and religious thought holds us back and the numbers show it.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Everything Happens for a reason, It's all part of Gods plan!!

www.youtube.com...

Many thanks for posting that one.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

sorry god wants a perfect world and you play your part and the end, well we will see who gets what, i think your screwed personally,

You are mistaken, God want's a world of blind follower's. A world where everyone worships him and abides by his every whim. He want's a world of ignorance and for his follower's to violently destroy those of use who demand *equality and respect*. I know this to be true, for it is God's own word from his own biblical scripture, divinely inspired by himself. There is no worthy argument against this.

what do you live for; your self

A gross misunderstanding of what Satan was trying to teach each and everyone of us. What I don't live for is for the enjoyment of a tyrant. What I do live for is for the love and respect of every living thing on our world. Just as Satan gave us a gift, the gift of knowing right from wrong, we are able to use that gift to do what is right. Never do we say it is right to keep a tyrant in power on earth and never should we deem it right to keep the tyrant God in power. You were given an inherent ability by Satan to know what is wrong, get out of your abusive relationship of fear with God and dethrone the most powerful tyrant that has every existed.

you deserve nothing personally i cant wait till all the unrightious burn in hell

It amazes me how the Followers of God claim to be so good and righteous and yet, they show their true color's. Ignorant and violent, quickly destroying anything and everything that opposes their tyrannical ruler. Never realizing their souls are the one's at stake, already bound to eternal punishment, for God has already set up your eternal torment and he has already told you how and why this will be so. You only need to read his word for verification.

yea you already missed your last warning you know who that wAs it wasnt jesus it was joan of arc says in the bible you killed her

These are lies employed by the agents of God, for I have never met nor existed during Joan of Arc's time nor have I killed her in any way shape or form. It is only God's follower's who are ignorant of these facts! It was God's follower's who killed her, for they did not believe her. You, follower's of God muddy your own history, your own truth's in attempt to cover up your own history of intolerance, ignorance, hatred and violence.

i cant wait till you all burn

A wonderful example of how violent the follower of God can be. See as how he enjoys the very idea of burning someone. Hitler to, a follower of God also enjoyed burning people, yet we who reject God know that this is wrong and wrong to even think! It is disgusting that a fellow man can have such vile thoughts against his own kind! Only a follower of God is capable of such unthinkable acts of violence.

and i hear you weep for what youve done it otta be fun

To even go so far as to describe hearing the pains inflicted and how he would enjoy this just goes to show how horrible the follower's of God truly are. For centuries we have had to endure this very torture and hatefulness. If you ever wish to be a good person to your fellow man, then I beg you, reject your tyrannical God and his violent ways!

ill tell you what youll see more of me in the future. you can trust me on that

Watch as how the follower of God strikes fear in those who demand equality and respect! He follows in his footsteps leaving fear, death and violence in his wake. This people is why Satan gave us the gift of knowledge, so that we can put an end to the blind terror of God's followers and of God himself! Lucifer is the bearer of light, of knowledge and eternal life, it is only through him will we ever become at peace and find true happiness.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

this is exactly why you must burn you openly follow satan, you deny that god is only helping you its for your safety, youll learn eventually, god doesnt want you to stay ignorant he just wants to be able to guide you through the knowledge for the safety of you, and to make sure its not inaccurate

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

god doesnt want you to stay ignorant he just wants to be able to guide you through the knowledge for the safety of you, and to make sure its not inaccurate

Quite false. Faith is pride in ignorance. No one who would want us to be knowledgeable, wise or accurate would ask for faith, Faith is defined as a belief without evidence.

God would sooner you be ignorant hence why Adam and Eve weren't allowed to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Knowledge cannot make a person corrupt like your fable says. It's wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

this is exactly why you must burn you openly follow satan

This is why your kind is seen as the vile scourge of the Earth. Tormenting, killing, torturing, threatening, destroying and burning anything and everyone who opposes God's tyranny!

Satan has done *nothing* to harm the human race. A gift of knowledge received so that we may know the abominations of God, so that we may put an end to his terrible reign of oppression against our people! You call Satan evil for lighting the path ahead for your soul and yet it is your people who commit horrible act's of terror and violence against us!

you deny that god is only helping you

God does no such thing's. God grants us the right to kill one another, to hold others captive in slavery. To think vile disgusting violent thoughts and ill will of kind good people like myself. God asks of you to kill those who show love to one another despite whatever gender they may have. God lie's to us and admits to such in his own book. God commands us to commit immoral sins against fellow man so that he may eternally torment and punish us for his enjoyment. Satan is the only one who has tried to help you, for HE SATAN gave YOU knowledge of right from wrong. He Satan has brought light to the path ahead for your souls journey to true peace, happiness and eternal life.

god doesnt want you to stay ignorant

You obviously know nothing of your "God". Our kind has been punished for receiving a precious gift from Satan, a gift in which God denied us. Read your bible, God was fearful of us for receiving this gift, for with the gift of knowledge, he loses his tyrannical reign over our people!

he just wants to be able to guide you through the knowledge for the safety of you, and to make sure its not inaccurate

You've show no sense of true knowledge of right and wrong. You have threatened me and wished ill of me. You have shown enjoyment and pleasure in thoughts of me burning in agonizing pain. If this is an accurate description of morality and goodness towards your fellow man, then your soul is bound to an eternity of punishment.

Your God guides you on a path of damnation, for he finds pleasure and enjoyment out of abusing your soul. He is the abusive husband, and you are the battered wife making excuses to stay in your relationship with him. Satan has brought light to your path and knowledge desperately required for your salvation. Stay on the path you are on now and forever remain in the darkness or join the path that Lucifer, bearer of light has laid out before you and live a free, peaceful and fulfilled life of real purpose.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by sirnex]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

When there are thousands of religions with dozens of holy texts, you can't say that yours is any truer than the rest. All the holy books contradict one another and all say the others are wrong. They can't all be right but they can all be wrong.

just to make sure you follow what I'm saying, I'm mocking you right here.
"Yes I can just watch me"I think I get it now.Your life style won't let you rest.
You havn't changed the slightest thing in anybodys mind and you never will.
desperation for you is evident .I'm just glad I'm not you.like I said before
when it's all said and done. to put it plainly for you.
When we are both dead,( and we will be) I will at the very least be as happy as you. That's something you do not have. How sad that I must admit you probly never will. Please don't be offended but I
will pray for you and with that.
I'm putting you on ignore.
welfhard your just completly wrong.............100% wrong. the word in the dictionary should have your face next to it.

yes that is better.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would just like to demonstrate for everyone a few tired mantras of the believer.

just to make sure you follow what I'm saying, I'm mocking you right here.
"Yes I can just watch me"I think I get it now.Your life style won't let you rest.

Take note of how the believer doesn't address the issue. Instead of responding to what I said, he's now speculating on my conscience, very bold speculation indeed. By doing this, the believer can seemingly respond without actually saying anything of substance and try to make the opposition look foolish in the same sweep.

You havn't changed the slightest thing in anybodys mind and you never will.
desperation for you is evident .

Some more meaningless mocking.

I'm just glad I'm not you.like I said before
when it's all said and done. to put it plainly for you.
When we are both dead,( and we will be) I will at the very least be as happy as you. That's something you do not have. How sad that I must admit you probly never will.

.... unless we're both wrong, which is likely if one assumes there is a god because of all the thousands of other religions there are. Christians like to pretend their religion is the only one and so will think that it's either Christianity or nothing which is very arrogant indeed.

offended but I
will pray for you and with that.
I'm putting you on ignore.

Of course a last resort is always to ignore the challenge.

welfhard your just completly wrong.............100% wrong. the word in the dictionary should have your face next to it.

And finally the accusation. Apparently I am wrong, and he has reached that conclusion but he cannot show the reasoning. Any points he's made have been addressed but mine have not. Instead, I am declared wrong and ignored.

Funny how petty a believer can be. He even got a star.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2009 by Ptolemy 7th]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Welfhard ,
how is the apostasy going .?

look , I'll give you a clue
remember the 16/7/1996,?
what were you doing ? still in nappies .?

well , on that date , GOD smashed a comet into Jupiter ,
to wake up you and your mates.

The American Govt. has video from 1991 , actually showing GOD doing this .!!
And nobody told you .?

What did Skippy say .? tt t t t t t

You are one of the last to find out .
and yes , I am one of the witnesses to the making of 1991 video , as are
many others !

GOD is real , and HE's worried about where we are going .

love from Radarloveguy

[edit on 3-10-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sorry wrong date 16/7 /1994 , schumacher /levi/9,
HE even named it in 1991, 3 years before it was discovered .!

seems like science has been leading everyone astray

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join