It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Help For Men Trying To Understand Women!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i will let all you guys know what women really want. we want a guy with a good head on his shoulders. intelligent, charming, witty, carefree, fun, adventurous, romantic, and sensual. We also like men who can show their emotions and dont have that tough guy exterior at all times

we do not want some macho cheeseball who slaps our ass and says "thanks for dinner hunnie, hand me a beer". (which has actually happened to me. that was the end of that relationship)

we dont enjoy being cursed at or called a "bitch", because most women are ladies and we really do enjoy being treated like one

there ya go!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Well said sister!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Brian2384

Well, Brian, if you are indeed a man as your name implies, then I can only say good for you. And I thought it was just a female secret for reliving stress.

Ah! and drink does help when you have no other way to make it happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Okay. I know Field of Dreams is on tonight. What ever floats your boat.

If you are indeed crying, and I don't think you are, then you must relate to something in the film.

Daddy?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Well, i was speaking generally. I assume by out of estrogen, you mean menopause. I'm not really familiar with the effects the loss of estrogen has on a woman, i imagine it can cause some mood swings. Maybe it also affects mood regulators in your brain, like seratonin.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with the film, i dunno, it may be really sad.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

www.hulu.com...

I iz saad nowz.

Edit: So yeah, men cry ... including 27jd

[edit on 21 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have found through being married twice that you cannot and will not ever understand a woman. There are only a few things you can do that will make your life enjoyable.

1. Cook dinner

2. vacuum

3. learn to like her music

4. Watch her shows, unless you buy a second television(essential for MNF)

5. Buy a harley, you can't hear her griping behind you with 70 mph of
wind in your ears

6. Stop talking

and the big one

7. Stop talking.

Jeff Foxworthy said something one time and I live by it.

"If she ain't happy, you ain't happy. If she ain't happy long enough, you ain't happy with half your stuff."

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Edit: So yeah, men cry ... including 27jd

I never said never. Only when something is really sad, like a new kitten being snatched away by a swooping hawk. That would be some messed up junk.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Men CRY?

Where?

Schrodinger, you should be ashamed of yourself implying the crying.

Many of us rely on your impeccable logic, your accuracy, your understanding of all things hidden, and of course the fact that you conceal your sense of humor so very well.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Well, i was speaking generally. I assume by out of estrogen, you mean menopause. I'm not really familiar with the effects the loss of estrogen has on a woman, i imagine it can cause some mood swings. Maybe it also affects mood regulators in your brain, like seratonin.

Well, yes, but I am way past menopause so it has no effect now. But serotonin, yes, you are quite right there.

Many years ago I was very depressed from the accumulated stress in my life and took a med that replaced the serotonin. Not only did I get happy, I didn't cry for a couple of years.

Some years ago I got depressed because of a situation and of the 5 antidepressants I took, nothing helped. So sometimes you cry from profound grief.

Then there is crying from happiness. This is very personal but I fell in love for real once and in some intimate times I would break out in tears because I was so overwhelmed with the emotion it had no place else to go. Needless to say the guy didn't understand and neither did I at the time. This love never went away.

Many reasons for crying and you can't really analyze it or put it in a box.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Meh, I was only frontin' anyway ... (I can't believe you admitted that you cry)

On thing is for sure ... every philosopher, poet, artist, singer, writer, drunk, from the beginning of time and pretty much a few million on any given day, have tried to figure women out.

So the chances of us wrapping that up tonight or tomorrow are slimish.

Though we do appreciate every little clue we can get on this thread or anywhere else, so thanks for that ladies.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

S Dog, I love you

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

S Dog, I love you

I love you too.

j/k, you are too sweet.

reply to post by dooper

[edit on 21 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This is very useful for me, sometimes my wife looks sad and I just can not, for the life if me figure out why. And as for the mother thign, I don't even get along with my mom any more so I understand her feelings. But I meet her in high school and we started dating our freshman year, tha's the year I learned she just loves to be held. She also realised that year that I was (and still am) a VERY paranoid person. She didn't understand why she was the only person I trusted.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr. nameless
This is very useful for me, sometimes my wife looks sad and I just can not, for the life if me figure out why.

lol, oh god that's too funny and true ...

It's like, should I say something, should I not, what did I do or not do, what did I forget ...

Deer meet headlights.

Oh the humanity!

[edit on 22 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
On the other hand:

www.youtube.com...

So it evens out in the end.

[edit on 22 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mr. nameless

I think that men tend to look at things intellectually where as I know as a woman, I tend to look at things from more an emotional point of view. Take for instance your driving down the highway and see a wreck. A man might say "damn I knew he was driving too fast when he went around us" me I would be like "OMG I hope no one was hurt", crying all the while because I would be worrying about the stranger in the car....

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Now why did you have to go and post that. That is such a guy thing to do.

Okay. you are a real man.

How some ever, as a woman and a nurse, we take that as just a part of life... but the guy comments in the video... Not a guy thing I could live with.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

I, myself, will remain a man and not fall for this trick where men are "real men" if they share their feelings in todays world. I think this is an exploit for men to be taken advantage of. Let's see, who would benefit from a man submitting himself and casting away all that once made him a strong, powerful force of nature? I will let everyone else figure that one out, as I will get in trouble if I actually say it.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Phenomium]

Come on, bro! NO FEAR! What's a bit of trouble to a grown man? We live for it, we THRIVE on it! Don't let 'em cow you with their pitiable attempts at fear induction!

Be a MAN, step up, "and actually say it", damn the torpedoes, man! What sort of trouble is it you fear anyhow?

On another note, after having read through this thread thus far, It's easy to see why I always seem to find myself flat on my fanny in a parking lot after a few months, or at the most a few years, of this "relationship" business.

As it turns out, I can't really be bothered to attempt to understand creatures who have no interest in attempting to understand ME before jumping to conclusions and explaining to me, in no uncertain terms, how I feel, and what I think, etc. For some annoying reason, I've always thought that I could figure those things out for myself, and have never felt the need to have them dictated to me, in particular by persons who think they can do so without trying to figure out who I am, or how I think, first.

If that's all women have to offer to me in a "relationship", well, I'll just go fishing instead, thanks. More productive, less trouble.

Of course for those that think they have something more to offer, I'm always willing to discuss it over a beer.

So long as it doesn't cut into my fishing time.

(Editor's note: the author has not actually been fishing per se in nearly 20 years. The entire scenario is completely metaphorical. Nevertheless, he means every word of it.)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join