It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

You are not adding anything to this thread.

Ever heard of off topic?

Give it a rest.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Circle

You are not adding anything to this thread.

Ever heard of off topic?

Give it a rest.

Ok I've said my bit. Been on ATS for sometime and have never got narked about anybody. I just don't like the preachy goody two shoes crap that I keep hearing from Ms 21 year old.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
What I've read from you is that you think all religious people (Muslim; Christian; Jews) don't follow a peaceful path. That was in the "Is Jesus a Buddhist"Thread. You are twenty-one and have much to learn about tolerance and respect.

ummm.. funny you say that because my boyfriend is buddhist, my dad is jewish and i was raised christian

so you make no sense.

i believe you may have a lot more to learn than me.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
For Christ's sake... Would one of you please make the right choice and ignore the other persons inflammatory retorts... This "Circle" could go all f*****g day...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12

Originally posted by Circle
What I've read from you is that you think all religious people (Muslim; Christian; Jews) don't follow a peaceful path. That was in the "Is Jesus a Buddhist"Thread. You are twenty-one and have much to learn about tolerance and respect.

ummm.. funny you say that because my boyfriend is buddhist, my dad is jewish and i was raised christian

so you make no sense.

i believe you may have a lot more to learn than me.

Being raised in different traditions, and then still having that attitude you have, makes it even more pathetic. I'll stop here. Namaste is right its pointless to go ant further. I did respect you Calihan but not anymore.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Circle]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yeah, i know circle could. i just dont like people assuming things about me when ive never mentioned anything theyve claimed ive said.

but, it is what it is.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Anytime a person comes along who can break through the mass brainwashing that the public endures they are assassinated, either socially or physically. There are many ways to ruin someone's image and make sure whatever message they may have had to be lost.
But when a person manages to withstand attempts to ruin their character and looks as if he/she has an actual chance at making some positive change for the people, then they are murdered.
Whether with a car crash, plane crash, heart attack/stroke inducing poisons that leave no trace, "accidental overdose", "suicide", weaponized cancer virus, or plain old bullets, the NWO will stop you if it looks as if you may interfere with their plans.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Seriously... I mean seriously... This is absurd... Cut it out... Clearly you both suffer from the same problems if you continue to fight over said problem... Circle, you speak of tolerance... Do yourself, and everyone else a favor and bite your tongue... Calihan turn the other cheek...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
anyways, so back on topic... the entire reason i started the thread was to get advice on everyday things people can do to promote change, i think liveforever has understood this the best and has been giving in good input, would enjoy hearing more ideas from others as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
How about we quit buying our toys and having our hobbies and spend it to better society. Social change rests in social good. I own a coffee shop and I plan on spending every dime I make to inspire and enact social good in my community.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ahhh you own a coffee shop?!? i love you. ive been a barista for 5 years and ive always wanted to have my own coffee shop. I worked at a vegetarian cafe/coffee shop/yoga and holistic center, and it was a non profit business and we only sold coffee that came from actual coffee farmers overseas (not the big corporation coffees)and they were paid the same wages as american minimum wages.

I always loved working there. Coffee is amazing. mmm

[edit on 20-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
but yes i agree... people have become too obsessed with posessions and what money can buy. theres more to life than things you can buy.

the best things in life really are free.

i was debating whether or not i want to ride my bike from pa(where i am currently) to oregon (where my family lives) just for the hell of it. who needs a reason? i dunno i think it could be an interesting experience, just will require a LOT of training .

living on the road for months just seeing nature at its finest.. thats what life is about

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

The coffee I serve is both organic and fair trade. I do my best to step on as few people along the way as possible. I'd rather cut profits and give people what they deserve than fill my pockets.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
good job. thats how all businesses should be. organic and fair trade is the way to go.

i boycotted walmart years ago because of how they treat workers overseas. but hey, people support them because they can save a dollar or two.. because thats really important..

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I know this is offtopic, but...

If it's the difference between feast or famine is going to WalMart acceptable?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
War, division, domination, and manipulation are the building blocks for the current order. They reinforce the position of the parasites. Peace and unity would create a new order. Those with the lion's share of profits and power coming from the current system do not want this. If people's perspective changed from the warring, hateful mentality to the peaceful, loving mentality, those in power would have no leg to stand upon. The whole excuse for such power over others is the division mentality. People divided against themselves. If there is no disease, there is no need for a doctor, so to speak. The "doctors" would like for all to be "dis-eased."

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I don't buy EXXON gas anymore since the Valdez spill in Alaska.
I bake my own bread and avoid fast food restraunts.
I used to make my own beer when I drank regularly.
I smoke handrolled tobacco, organic when I can find it or a pipe.
Drove diesel engined cars over a half million miles to cut down on energy use.
None of these things are difficult to do.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The absence of the work opportunities provided by sweatshops can quickly lead to starvation. After the Child Labour Deterrence Act was introduced in the US, an estimated 50,000 children were dismissed from their garment industry jobs in Asia, leaving many to resort to jobs such as "stone-crushing, street hustling, and prostitution." UNICEF's 1997 State of the World's Children study found these alternative jobs "more hazardous and exploitative than garment production."
Penn & Teller in their Wal-Mart episode interview Benjamin Powell, a Professor of Economics from San Jose State University, who argues out that sweatshop-type jobs in a developing country are often a significant improvement over other employment options (e.g. subsistence farming) and points out that the United States went through its own period of sweatshop labour during its development.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You asked why people who advocate peace die?? They are murdered. They start to gain too much popularity from the public and the NWO can't have wars without soldiers.
Bob Marley, JFK, RFK, Martin Luther King, John Lennon, Ghandi, and the list goes on.
Lennon, Nixon, Chapman and the CIA
Bob Marley; Poisoned by 'The Company'..
ATS MIX: Who killed Martin Luther King Jr.?
CIA killed RFK

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste

I know this is offtopic, but...

If it's the difference between feast or famine is going to WalMart acceptable?

well, i just dont think a couple dollars difference at the cost of having chinese workers treated horribly is worth it.

my mom was on welfare when i was a newborn because she had 5 kids and was a single mom, trust me , i know money can be an issue and i get it. but in my real opinion, ive always found that local organic farms/farmers markets were much cheaper than walmart. maybe it was just the places i lived, im not sure. as far as toys and clothes though, my mom always shopped at vintage stores or secondhand stores.

so i dont think theres any excuse for going to walmart. i believe in shopping in the mom and pop shops and giving money to the locals, not a huge corporation

[edit on 20-8-2009 by calihan_12]

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join