It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOverDrive
I don't buy EXXON gas anymore since the Valdez spill in Alaska.
I bake my own bread and avoid fast food restraunts.
I used to make my own beer when I drank regularly.
I smoke handrolled tobacco, organic when I can find it or a pipe.
Drove diesel engined cars over a half million miles to cut down on energy use.
None of these things are difficult to do.

please inform me on how to make homeade beer

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

So if there were never a welfare system... Would you have wanted your Mom to shop at walmart if it was the difference between eating or not?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
liveforever, its not that... its the fact that american companies take advantage of foreigners because they know they can, and i think its gross. they should be paid decent wages and treated fairly, and they arent

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste

So if there were never a welfare system... Would you have wanted your Mom to shop at walmart if it was the difference between eating or not?

well... she didnt shop at walmart though. she bought food from local markets, and always had. with or without welfare

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
liveforever, its not that... its the fact that american companies take advantage of foreigners because they know they can, and i think its gross. they should be paid decent wages and treated fairly, and they arent

I agree, in a perfect world that would be the case.
But the harsh reality is that people depend on these jobs to stay alive. I don't like it one bit, but it seems every country must go through these development stages to progress.

L.I.F.E

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have to say that boycotting Walmart to cut down on trade with China is a little short sighted.
I worked in distribution businesses for a while selling to mom and pop shops.
Believe me when I tell you anyone would be hard pressed to find products in those stores not made in China.
As liveforever stated working in a sweatshop in China is a step up from farming for most of those people.
Otherwise they would still be back on the farm.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
So I was just sitting here thinking about how we dont really have any "peace" advocates anymore, at least not at all like the ones we've had in the past. It also seems that people who promoted any kind of major change, john lennon, princess diana,martin luther king, harvey milk, abe lincoln, jfk, bob marley(many people believe someone murdered him, not natural causes), etc ... it makes you wonder...

Do we not see any of those same kinds of people nowadays because they are afraid? Do people get some sort of warning from the government if they DO promote change, and then stop because of it? Is the government in fact responsible for the murders of most, if not all, of these promoters of change?

I cant help but wonder what kind of bull s(%* world we live in, if that is indeed the case.

It seems to me that the government enjoys taking away every single piece of joy and peace and happiness from our lives, and they wont stop anytime soon because they know they can get away with it.. no one tries to stop them and if they do, they get killed.

so i guess my question is.. how can we ever make things change? can we ever overthrow the government and make them suffer in the way theyve made us suffer?

If so, I want to know where I sign up

We sit here preaching about how we want the world to change.. how the government is horrible... how we want to have a good life not only for ourselves but for our children and grandchildren... and yet none of us does a thing about it but talk in forums on the internet about it.

If there is anyway to promote significant change without getting shot at, I would like to know.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by calihan_12]

great thread, thanks

my short answer is...be the change you want to see in the world.

abolish the federal reserve...

all hidden truths revealed..

abundance for all...

world peace...

contact with our brothers and sisters from the stars..

i love you all

namaste'

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i just feel its unfortunate. to think we have so much here... and yet other countries are still in the condition they are. its not fair.

as far as the mom and pop shops go, i dont mean shops where you can find the same things youd find in walmart. i mean stores that are independent and where the person who owns the store is the person who makes everything. Lot of that in my town, because its a small town and thats how people manage to live here, and its quite nice.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"be the change you wish to see in the world"

thank you. that has always been my favorite quote

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
please inform me on how to make homeade beer

Are you kidding , you don't know what good beer is
until you have watched it go from a boiling kettle
to frosty bottle of natures own goodness!

Seriously, just google "homebrewing"
and you will get more info. than you will know
what to do with

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

You mean craft stores that sell merchandise in small quantities to a few people who want to make a difference.
Great idea ,but as a wise coworker told me a few years ago when we were discussing organic farming

"The only problem with organic farming is you first have to decide which half of the people you are going to feed"

He was a semi-retired dairy farmer in New Jersey

You see modern production methods have pushed us beyond the point of know return.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sometimes what seems to give birth to peace, gives birth to something else also or instead.

Peace is something only experianced within right now. And later by a unification of the people at a certain time which is not right now.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You know just today I was thinking that there must be a way to advocate and get really great messages out there; and have it done in a way that won't have you get shot.

Here's my thought.
It's to be done anonymously.

That's the only way it seems.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The reason is because too many people want control and power in our world. They approach it the easiest way possible, through fear. Peace brings about new ways of looking at things. Someone talked about Jesus being killed while spreading peace. His teachings went against what the administration at the time was saying. They had him killed and tried to use his execution as an exaample for anyone else who follwed him. Look at all the peaceful Christians that Nero killed. Today some of the same fear mongerers use Jesus's name to control others and spread fear. They make the main stream believe that all Christians are like that. In reality, they aren't Christians at all. The same could be said for Martin Luther King Jr. Killed and made an example of. Then people crusade in his name and use it in a way to look at others closed minded, when his ideas were the total opposite. The war pigs and power mongers enjoy their role becuase they think they're in control.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Because "THEY" make more in a day of war, than in a year of peace
2nd verse same as the first

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
You know just today I was thinking that there must be a way to advocate and get really great messages out there; and have it done in a way that won't have you get shot.

Here's my thought.
It's to be done anonymously.

That's the only way it seems.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

That's one way of doing it!

I don't know if it's the only way.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My greatest advice for peace would be to look to the words of JC; "Resist not evil with evil." Here is another; "Those that take up the sword will die by the sword." BTW, I don't call myself a Christian anymore because I think that a huge part of our problem is the use of such labels (Muslim, Jew, Christian, liberal, conservative, 'true American' and other such foolishness only divide us more).

Now what we see in society is the purposeful demonization of one race by another, one religion by another, one country by another, one corporation by another, etc. Even on ATS we see calls for people to take up arms and go shouting in the streets etc. For what? We are like stupid sheep that can so easily be incited to turn on each other like wild dogs.

I think we could learn a lot from the Woodstock generation (of which I was part) whereby a half million people coexisted in deplorable circumstances of rain, hunger, traffic jams, etc and there was not a single instance of violence. Of course, we cannot exist indefinitely in a pop festival environment, but the point is that all these people PUT THEIR DIFFERENCES ASIDE and worked together!

The real culprit is not 'the government' (another target of demonization) but any and all sources of power that would pit mankind against one another for their greedy purposes. I see this as the insurance companies try to instigate discord at town hall meetings so their profitable little apple carts are not upset etc.

Anyhow, I am struggling with the same question as you and I REFUSE to let the powers of this world instigate me to hate and attack my fellow man (that is the strategy of the malicious powers that we are dealing with and recognition of this fact will go a long ways towards peace). Unfortunately, the masses are like sheep that can be called to violence by constant false rumors of fear of their fellow man and THIS IS THE STRATEGY.

PS: Lets learn to drop the use of all divisive labels as a start!

[edit on 20-8-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
¡Hey!

I´m still alive, and I´m advocating change, and peace. I´m a wee tad bit concerned as I¨m getting more vocal about it, but there is one absolute fact in this life, we are all gonna die.

The New World Order wants many of us to die very soon, so I´ve geared a lot of my posts toward stopping them, and I started making Youtube videos.

Er, back to the Op.. Yes, I believe the Elite controlled Government´s kill anyone who advocates peace, and I do believe People today are flat out scared of being killed; so they remain silent......... Guess what? The Elitist Governments are getting ready for genocide. Being quiet now is cowardly, and I will not go down being a coward that didn´t do anything for my fellow human being.

here two threads, and a gawd awful attempt at my first Youtube video advocating saying NO to war, no to govt........just saying NO

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.youtube.com...

Dees Vato don´t back down to Elitist Governmental Thugs!

S&F

[edit on 20-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The people originally mentioned were very spiritual. Not necessarily religious, but spiritual.

As the world becomes more infatuated with science and materialism, there is no place for peace. Science and materialism say that the universe is born of chaos and destruction.

So why struggle for peace when that is not the natural order?

Of course there is a place for science, it is a very important aspect of our evolution as a species, but it's not the only part.

Unfortunately the spiritual is often mocked and ridiculed by the scientific these days. Worse the spiritual feel the need to respond in kind. There seems to be no middle ground anymore, but that is where peace lies.

Neither side will ever defeat the other, but that shouldn't be the goal in the first place.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by abefrohman]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think a lot of the reason behind people who advocate peace being killed, is that the peace advocates are often voicing equality. Equality means less chance/opportunity/whatever for who is already ahead. Racial equality meant less chance for whites to get jobs, competing with blacks. Sexual equality means more opportunities for women, in jobs that would normally go to men. The comparisons go on and on.

It's sad, but people live life like it's a race
. Racing towards happiness, I suppose.

In the words of Ricky Bobby: "If you're not first, you're last."

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join