It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have always been a believer in Gandhi when he said:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

But when the whole world is already blind, what else is there left to lose?

Violence is ALWAYS the last option, but it is still an option.

L.I.F.E

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Jesus, Buddha... add them to the list as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You want peace?

You better be ready to go to war!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Basically because peacemakers like JFK make people informed and give them means to be more peaceful. The government can't function in a world where peace is a solution. It is like the economy needs to be running by getting consumers to spend. If you want peace, you have to demand it from the government and the more you demand it, the more they tighten their grip on you.

I know very well that in the black community, peacemakers are often killed for informing and bettering the black community. From Malcolm X and Black Panther Party who informed the blacks to defend themselves against the police, they raised money in order to give kids breakfast meals before going to school, and they unified the community unlike today.

Martin Luther King Jr. is the same way. He tried to lead all people to be more accepting of one another.

Now you have idiots like Jesse Jackson and Sharpton. Perfect candidates for Margaret Sanger's belief that black religious leaders would be easily followed.

I remember when Ronald Reagen said he would never have Bush Sr. as his VP. He was then shot and lo and behold, you had Bush.

Here is a video that details supposedly the speech that got JFK killed.

www.youtube.com...

World peace is the dream of dead men.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

Cosmic sense of irony?

alternatively, people whom advocate for random violence tends to live long and sell tons of hip hop records.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

You do know that your question is an answer, right?

Look at your OP again and do some thinking.

Theres a reason we cant prevail.

Its within you and its all around you.

That wont make sense right now but if I told you, you would probably get your guard up.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

So you are a warrior, who is capable of being intelligent. I am a wizard, capable of being violent. If my math is correct, we are one in the same. Therefore, we are one. There never were two types of people. Just people.

It is time to stand up. Together. A revolution in and of itself is inherently violent regardless of bloodshed. This must be understood.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey Neo Unplug me!

Even if you were to overtake the govt. you would be setting ourselves up for a attack by another country. Or a total takeover, all of our defenses would be neutralized. China really wants to move into my neighborhood. Not to mention all of the riots and fights that would not be policed.

The only way to fix this world is give the land back to the wildlife, and everyone go and jump off your nearest cliff, bridge or whatever~!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by way2slo

Bullocks...

United we stand my friend. It's about networking. America is respectively armed to the teeth, militantly and domestically.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I should know, i promote change and peace in my daily life and while it may affect those near me, it doesnt affect anyone else. I am probably one of the most peaceful people i know, i really mean it, but if there is something i believe in fighting for, trust me i will.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by calihan_12]

You are so fill of pride its unbelievable!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i can be full of pride, because i actually do try and make a difference. I dont just go around talking about things i want to be changed, and sit back and do nothing, like most people do. I've been living without a car my entire life, i use natural products not products full of chemicals, i buy things only from independent businesses or local farmers markets, i make my own skincare and hair products, i speak about life in a positive way, not a negative way, i travel so i can meet different people and see different cultures, and most of the time i am able to do it without hardly any money, i enjoy being otudoors and seeing the beauty in nature and not being anywhere near a city, ive raised money for multiple organizations just based on my own hard work and effort.

i am living my life based on how i wish most would live their lives..is it a crime to be proud of that?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

i can be full of pride, because i actually do try and make a difference. I dont just go around talking about things i want to be changed, and sit back and do nothing, like most people do.

i am living my life based on how i wish most would live their lives. is it a crime to be proud of that?

You make yourself out to be better than everyody else - though your not.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
well, you can say that all you want, but i KNOW i am doing my part. and thats all i can say about that.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Cut it out. Seriously. This is a perfect example of the in fighting that divides us all. She's full of pride, and you are as well. Why else would you have even made a remark other than to fill your cup? Get over it. We're all people.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Namaste]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
you see, this is the problem with people. you cannot accept when a person is genuine and actually doing good things, but you have to put them down and tell them you think they are cocky?

i dont understand your logic. if someone else said they were living life in a way that makes them happy and in a way that they feel makes a difference, i would be very happy for them and encourage others to take notes.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Awesome. We were totally sharing the same wavelength there. It's best for the conversation if people keep their personal opinions of others involved in the conversation to themselves. Your worst enemy could teach you a lesson if you'd just listen.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

well, you can say that all you want, but i KNOW i am doing my part. and thats all i can say about that.

No problem with saying you are doing your part. Just don't keep saying your better than everyone else. And don't keep pigeon holeing people
and generalising. It just makes you look stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well, im not sure what you have read up to this point, but not once did i ever say or claim to be better than anybody else. all i said is, i practice what i preach, and from what i have seen, a lot of people do a lot of talking and dont try and do anything to change whatever they complain about.

thats all i was saying

im sorry if it came off the wrong way, but, i cant say im not proud of myself for being 21 years old and doing some of the things ive done. i would love to hear that from more people, to be honest. people always talk down on themselves and never say what they actually like about themselves or what differences they are making in the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We the people fight for our existence
We don't claim to be perfect
But we're free
We dream our dreams alone
With no resistance
Fading like the stars we wish to be

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What I've read from you is that you think all religious people (Muslim; Christian; Jews) don't follow a peaceful path. That was in the "Is Jesus a Buddhist"Thread. You are twenty-one and have much to learn about tolerance and respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join