It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I dissagree. Peace is more profitable then It's ever been. I see people walking around with peace sign tee shirts and john lennon shirts and huge medalions...but I guess all that means is the peace sign has turned into a commercial item for teens to buy who want to look cool but don't understand the concept or give a hell about it.

The peace sign has turned against us.

EDIT:
I agree that the spoke-persons for peace and advocates for change have a way of dying off, and some of the greatest of our time have worn off and the image have been lost.

I wonder what change would come to this country if everyone just LIVED. If they embraced what they always wanted to do and pursued it, rather then sitting at an office trying to recreate a false american dream. I dont think the goverment would like a nation of happy people.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by summerdreary]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

The hotel that Lennon stayed in and was shot outside of was the same one where they shot the movie Rosemary's Baby.

The lines between good and evil were drawn in the 80's. Now the time is nigh and we need to decide what side we chooses to stand.

Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

im afraid you might be right.

i think you might have missed michael jackson tho. whatever you beieve about him, if you look at the lyrics of his songs, they advocate peace: heal the world, make it a better place etc; earth song (about healing the earth); and 'all i want to say is that, they dont really care about us'. .. (which could really be the antham of the fight against the new world order.

he said in the years before he died (was killed?) that there was a conspiracy out to get him but he couldnt say too much about it.

so maybe he knew, and maybe they knew he was going to talk.

but now, he is effectively discredited and silenced.

I dunno if he was guilty or not; but i have to say; im a bit wary of believing anything the media says these days. who knows.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

ha ha - i love it.

time to steal the ruby slippers.

funny, have you noticed that the pope wears ruby slippers?

'i have a feeling we arent in kansas anymore'.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOverDrive

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
You know just today I was thinking that there must be a way to advocate and get really great messages out there; and have it done in a way that won't have you get shot.

Here's my thought.
It's to be done anonymously.

That's the only way it seems.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

That's one way of doing it!

I don't know if it's the only way.

True...

but, the other way gets you killed doesn't it?

Here's a question...if you advocated for peace on a small scale are you less likely to get killed??

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by way2slo
reply to post by XXXN3O

The only way to fix this world is give the land back to the wildlife, and everyone go and jump off your nearest cliff, bridge or whatever~!

ha ha... yeah. thats quite an innovative solution. and i cant really see too much wrong with it. stand up for what you believe in, hey?

pretty sad if thats what its come to but it is looking that way.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Furyan
I think a lot of the reason behind people who advocate peace being killed, is that the peace advocates are often voicing equality. Equality means less chance/opportunity/whatever for who is already ahead. Racial equality meant less chance for whites to get jobs, competing with blacks. Sexual equality means more opportunities for women, in jobs that would normally go to men. The comparisons go on and on.

It's sad, but people live life like it's a race
. Racing towards happiness, I suppose.

In the words of Ricky Bobby: "If you're not first, you're last."

great avatar.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
i think if you advocate peace on a smaller scale you are def. more likely to not get killed.

i think the bigger you are, the more chances you have of getting shot

seriously.

but, its okay.. you dont have to live life in fear if you are promoting something you believe in, then who cares? if you die a little bit younger than you had planned... who cares? you could die tomorrow from a car accident, if you are gonna die, your gonna die.. so why not try and make a difference and live wihthout that fear

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
^ on that note...

If people began to advocate peace on a small scale....the message could spread.

Know where I am going with this?

You do all you can to tell your nearest friends and your family about the real dangers that you feel strongly about.
Though this may be spreading even more misinformation if you've been fed lies.

Just follow your heart and you'll find the answer. Listen to that little divine voice within for truth.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you all in this thread really.

It's sad to think that people in the public eye who have advocated for peace and/or love have been killed.

I think the newest person to be added into this heart-breaking list of individuals who have been murdered just may be Michael Jackson. Think about it: "We are the World" and "Heal the World".

Sad...sad.

This is a sick world we live in. SICK!

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Pretty simple really.

Through Peace comes Understanding. Through Understanding comes Knowledge. Through Knowledge comes Power.
Problem with the process is that in order to gain power you have to take it from someone who already has it and who weilds it in an unsavory way.

So, they keep all of those things from you to avoid this inevitability.
If you want to look at it on the local level, you will see that JFK was killed by the Government because he was disrupting their "flow." Destabilizing their power-structure.
On the macro level, you can check out my thread www.abovetopsecret.com... to see how I personally feel on this subject. It is a long read for a simple idea. That being, everything you are taught in religion is a carefully constructed lie at the highest level to conceal a simple truth. Man is not to be enslaved.

But here we remain - as slaves.

The solution is simple.
Stop giving a damn. Just like your other thread that I participated in briefly, it doesn't matter. Things are the way they are.
However, if you just stop listening to their CRAP and stop giving them your attention at all, they'll come begging for it eventually. Because they crave it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

I am a product of your generation... IMHO the Woodstock Generation traded in their long hair and beads for the stocks, bonds, vacation homes and BMW's. If they would have continued and set the proper example for the coming generations, the change we are asking how to make today, would have already happened.
But to get back on topic....it is easy for the OP to live her life the way she is....it is only yourself you have to provide for, worry for and work for. Add additional mouths to the equation and you just might find yourself in a Walmart or Walgreens.
I myself travel all over the US for the industry I am in.....change for me is a difficult option....I try to buy locally when I can, but every so often I have to resort to visiting a Walmart or Walgreens. Change is a very uncomfortable thing...most people resist it with all their being. No, I don't believe you will find the change your looking for.....
People in general are just too damn lazy, sad but true.
As I said above they have traded their hope and future for dollars and BMW's.......Good Luck and I'll check in from time to time and see if you've made any progress.
Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Only when the Wizards can do that will we have a chance at world peace. As much as I don't like him Malcome X was on the right path. He met violence with violence so that peace could be had.

I believe this has been said before, but I will repeat it nonetheless.

Fighting for peace is like #ing for virginity.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by calihan_12
Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

Cosmic sense of irony?

alternatively, people whom advocate for random violence tends to live long and sell tons of hip hop records.

I was thinking Maybe these people who promote peace have learn t life's lesson so there's no need to keep them on this brutal planet any longer.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
We just have to risk our lives. More of us need to be courageous enough, they can't kill all of us.

Hate to say it but it's true.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
^

Sad. But true.

So, who's going to be the people who are going to risk their lives to speak out?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
^

Sad. But true.

So, who's going to be the people who are going to risk their lives to speak out?

In a way, all us ATSers are doing it, because we're speaking our mind and exposing so much.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
We just have to risk our lives. More of us need to be courageous enough, they can't kill all of us.

Hate to say it but it's true.

It would be suicide to take on the US military, don't think they won't
use extreme force to defend themseves.

I don't think things have gotten that bad yet, but as a last resort
some people will try anything to protect their rights.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Great topic.

This reminds me of my politcal science class i had today.

Apparently, humans are innately violent and greedy kill hungry bastards. Therefore, government is necessary to prevent us from killing each other.

If you believe humans are not innately evil but rather taught to be evil, well then you are a Marxist.

So far college has been awesome,

my political science teacher called me a marxist, my anthropology teacher called me an evolutionist(well sorta), and my western civilization teacher was giving read between the lines kinda hints about his beliefs about how advanced civilization began(aka aliens). Of course he didnt say it literally for fear of being made fun of and/or kicked out of school. but you could tell he believed in it based on the way he was talking, anyone who actually knew about that theory would see it.

So yes, i do agree with you.

How do we stop it?

Well we have to look at the problem with government. Here is what government is doing:

If you go too extreme, then you are crazy, a loon, a terrorist, etc. Its very easy to make fun of you.

If you dont give a #, well then nothing happens and you are just as ill fated as everyone else, if not worse.

The trick is simply to tell all your friends. Dont force it down their throats, just say something like, hey i saw this the other day you should check it out(regarding wtc or aliens or whatever).

My best friend kept making fun of me for watching ufo videos occasionally, until i showed him the NASA tether incident. Then all of a sudden he completely stopped.

Remember, everyone has the ability for good. Everyone has the ability to question and unbind themselves from the system.

All it takes is one event. One video, one personal experience, on motivational event.

JUST one.

Like so,
If every single UFO video is a fake except one, that one that is real is all that is needed.

And thats simply how it works.

Question everything and believe in nothing but what you believe you should believe in.

BELIEVE lol

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Amazing how when someone says "just don't give a damn" the next five posts are about how people need to just be brave enough to die in vain.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
People who have decided that their principles are more important than their personal happiness or condition are noble. In fact, in a separate thread I am currently talking about how when the time comes I'll fight. Why? Because I have sworn to do so. (I won't be fighting my countrymen though, I'll promise that. I'll be protecting the Constitution)

However, if the question is "how do we promote peace and live?" You just stop caring enough to fight.
Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

If you believe humans are not innately evil but rather taught to be evil, well then you are a Marxist.

Are they really teaching that?

Jesus H. Christ the game is rigged.

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join