It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone who has advocated peace has been killed... why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Throughout history there has been at least 1 tyrannical superpower looking to have complete control over all. Peace advocates just get in the way, it's as simple as that. The way the world works. (Rome/Jesus, Egypt/Moses snake/eden lennon/cold war era western world)It would take a large uprising for the next big peace advocate to not be assassinated(by means of the uprising being so big they actually overthrow the govt before the dude dies).

Call me crazy, but have you ever noticed most of these peace advocates were completely unique individuals? (ghandi / Lennon etc). That's another thing the elite have always hated. They want all ppl to think they are individuals when really they are all just victims of group think. The peace advocates bring to light that its okay to do what you want so long as you dont harm others. We can't have uncontrolled ppl meandering about now can we calihan? Why that would be just.......sane!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Didn't JFK order the invasion of the Bay of pigs?
Well I he probably didn't orchestrate it but still.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by demonseed

If you believe humans are not innately evil but rather taught to be evil, well then you are a Marxist.

Are they really teaching that?

Jesus H. Christ the game is rigged.

lol.... well not literally but heres what happened.

He started with a discussion about why government was created.

One of the students mentioned how someone can commit an act of evil and have no repercussions without government. From there it wont on to the whole "humans are inherently greedy, selfish and violent."

Well i gave in my two cents, mentioning how we created government out of our complex technological needs. But at the same time i mentioned how i disagreed with the "inherently violent" statement.

The teacher basically said there is a theory about what i just said that they teach in a philosophy class, and to promote his own theory(innately violent humans) he threw in the fact that Karl Marx was a believer that we where taut to be evil rather than innately evil.

Later on in the discussion he mentioned marx again relating to that theory and said it in a very abrupt way as if to dissuade the class from believing that.

so are they teaching that? Question is, are they teaching anything or merely promoting agendas?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by demonseed]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Why?
Becasue peace, does not pay.
Follow the money...
peace

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
yeah its such baloney. i know there are billions of people in the world who are good people, who want a good life and a good world to live in. Why cant ANY of us do a damn thing?

I cant comprehend it, its beyond my understanding

because there are two types of people that tend to think two different ways about a plethora of ideals...

In the end it is the fear of change in others that kill many of these advocates.

The "Advocates" are a direct threat to wealth, power and the status quo. Because
at the core the ideas they promote question the validity of this system we live in.

I am certain all of those you have mentioned would recognize the same things
which is the common thread that binds people together - love, passion, the youth and the unwritten splendor of the future.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
"Democracy don't rule the world, You'd better get that in your head; This world is ruled by violence, But I guess that's better left unsaid."

- Bob Dylan

When all else fails, the only thing we have left is our natural instinct, and thats to fight for survival.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/078231298f21.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21/8/2009 by Neo-V™ - BB code not working.]

[edit on 21/8/2009 by Neo-V™]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

Very good post.

Many people now are service to self type of people. It has become "cool" to be a witch (take the w off and add the second letter of the alphabet) ;o)

We are now a "me me me" society.

Life on this tiny ball of dirt will continue to degenerate until the majority of people become service to others type of people.

If humanity doesn't wake up quickly we may end up destroying ourselves on a massive scale.

This is most obvious here in America which is a country ruled by the corporations (for profit) vs ruled by the people (for the people).

I suspect we are all interconnected and what we do onto one we do onto ourselves literally.

Love is the answer, everything else is an illusion. - David Icke

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
this may in fact scare you....

Peace is the understanding of the human race and the roll it plays in the universe..

you see the problem is that "some" things on this planet like to keep it the way it is.. works well does it not? Money greed lust ?

for what? what do you use money for? when it was created by man to get one over on another man

Profit..

Lust? what is it you lust for?

Money?

Greed .. for what? because someone has something "better" than you?

One thing people for get is the reality of the game we play and it has bugger all to do with money but very much about how people THINK

look at nature its the biggest clue ever

i do no see a lion trying to buy a gizel do you?

we are the gazel and they are the lion and the weapon is not the teeth its Your brain being lazy and letting them eat your spirit...

You see they FEED on your brain and mind not your body

just a hint

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Simple...isn't it?!

There is simply no money/profit in peace.

There is advancement, personal development, the saving of lives that would otherwise be lost, positive technological development...in fact the benefits to the common man woman and child are endless...except it doesn't make the greedy wealthier...so we don't have it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Furyan
**my quote from pg 6**

great avatar.

Thanks
Lotsa people seem to like it. It's a very powerful book (American Psycho for those of you who don't recognize the picture), and the movie at least tries lol.

On the subject of peace, I believe there is hope for the world, but there will be opposition no matter what. Everyone has a different sense of happiness. If the majority of the world said "no reading horror literature" (for example) there are plenty of people who will think "# that!" and though I doubt there would be serious retaliation from fans of the genre, there would be retaliation because of the principle. You can think of the most perfect Utopia ever, and someone will find fault with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There is no money in peace. Our lawmakers cannot reap huge profits by investing in companies that sell "weapons of mass peace". There are no international peace dealers who can make huge profits selling peace to warring factions. Apparently peace is only for poor people.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOverDrive

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
We just have to risk our lives. More of us need to be courageous enough, they can't kill all of us.

Hate to say it but it's true.

It would be suicide to take on the US military, don't think they won't
use extreme force to defend themseves.

I don't think things have gotten that bad yet, but as a last resort
some people will try anything to protect their rights.

I would think some of them would side with the People and not their masters though.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Do we not see any of those same kinds of people nowadays because they are afraid? Do people get some sort of warning from the government if they DO promote change, and then stop because of it? Is the government in fact responsible for the murders of most, if not all, of these promoters of change?

Let us not forget the most recent death of a Peace Speaker . . . Michael Jackson. All the controversy and conspiracy surrounding and engulfing him was because of those in power feared HIS power and ability to make actual changes in the world. So they had to do something to cancel out that power - make him into a freak who most people would doubt for various reasons.

so i guess my question is.. how can we ever make things change? can we ever overthrow the government and make them suffer in the way theyve made us suffer?

A person who is truly a 'peace keeper' would not want those who cause suffering to suffer, but to see the light and work for peace also.

If there is anyway to promote significant change without getting shot at, I would like to know.

I'm working on that. Will let you know when it's ready.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

**my quote from pg 6**

great avatar.

Thanks
Lotsa people seem to like it. It's a very powerful book (American Psycho for those of you who don't recognize the picture), and the movie at least tries lol.

On the subject of peace, I believe there is hope for the world, but there will be opposition no matter what. Everyone has a different sense of happiness. If the majority of the world said "no reading horror literature" (for example) there are plenty of people who will think "# that!" and though I doubt there would be serious retaliation from fans of the genre, there would be retaliation because of the principle. You can think of the most perfect Utopia ever, and someone will find fault with it.

haha i know that! american psycho is one of my fav. movies (is that creepy?)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

I'd say that he doesn't belong in his position.
He puts his personal politics before his commitment to teach objectively.

In reality, no form of Governance is absent of ethical utopia.
All of them work on paper.

To say that because you believe a certain thing sociologically makes you "X" brand politics is absurd.

EDIT - Or in a roundabout way, yes, he is pushing an agenda rather than teaching.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

haha i know that! american psycho is one of my fav. movies (is that creepy?)

Just a little bit.
2nd line

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
anyone who has ever advocated peas has been taken out by the carrots.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I agree that peace has been suppressed. And I believe I have brought a way to bring peace that will appeal to both the common human as well as most of the toadies... The only ones who have nothing to gain are the ones at the very top of the pyramid. Both slaves and toadies would be served and served well.

Many of you here know I speak of the ideas persented in my book, and I am hoping the ideas will be spread. A good rundown of how the ideas could be implemented is offered at this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And my book is available OFFERED FREELY here:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Jesus told us how, but they killed him for teaching us about the powers that lie within us all. Then they created a "church" to control the people and used his name only for effects purposes. His actual message was whitewashed.

I am a death survivor and since my return I have often asked this question as well. Why do we crucify the truth and the freedom for all and glorify the evil and the ones who seek control of all.

Well history shows us that the silver thread of truth and freedom which lead to peace, run continually through us all and the lie, control evil whatever, builds up to a cresendo and then collapses, and some more truth and freedom rises to the top.

But we let this occur by acknowledging it as being real, or necessary or somehow legitimate. Jesus teaching is as much about our spiritual abilities and growth as it is about spiritual psychology or spiritual law.

Truth is the same for everyone, everywhere, and he gave us a great deal of wisdom that has been perverted and is taught primarily by those with no true understanding.

Take the story he tells about building a house on sand or on a rock. The lies of those in power is the building of our Government, Country,etc on sand. So it can not stand it will fall. We help it along by knowing who we really are.

The things Jesus did you are capable of as well. He never said he was the only one who could do what he did, in fact He told you "everything I have done, you can do also."

God is not an old guy with a beard sitting on a throne in the sky giving out favors and punishments. God is the very life that beats your heart, the mind that permeates your existence. God is an essence a Spirit if you will and that is us and we are it. That does not mean we go around causing harm, in fact when we rise to the higher self of us, we have no desire to cause harm or steal or kill or whatever.

So we have peace by first knowing, Jesus said know the truth, that is all we are to do, KNOW. Know that we already have peace and love and joy and truth and freedom and equality.

Don't let the illusions appearance fool you. What would the world look like, feel like, act like if all of these were present?

If you can't imagine it or see, or feel it in yourself, how will you create it?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is a very simple mental exersize to understand that if enough people are willing to die, starve, or be killed for a cause, then that cause will occur. Even if that means everybody in the world, which it doesn't obviously.

So I think a mass boycott would work in bringing down the system and achieving peace. People would die but that's the price of freedom. I do not advocate a mass boycott right now, not at all. The world is not that bad off. I don't advocate "fighting" the system, not offensively or aggressively. I promote Non-violent revolution, if there is to be one. Though I do believe a person is easily within their rights to defend their family, friends, loved ones, and property with force.

If people were able to come together like that and survive in their own communities and boycott the system, then after the change was up, and after giving up so much, I don't think they'd be in a hurry to go back to war and greed.

Sort of teaches the lesson as it is done, feeds on itself. If it ever were to happen, if the people of the world were ever pushed that far while maintaining the knowledge of their power as a people and the dignity of human life.

On the subject of war- it sucks, but it is such a small % of the world population involved, many of them signed up for it and well paid to take part. The US military is less than 2 million people according to wikianswers. I'm not going to look up all the countries. How many people can be actively involved in wars right now? Compared to a world population of over 6 Billion?

The world is an OK place for the most part, everything is ok and it all has a purpose.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join