It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by moocowman

Jesus was part of the deity I refer to as the Creator. Just as we are part of that same deity.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You seem to be avoiding hat I first asked, let's try another way.

Do you worship the deity that according to the bibles, (which would be your only source of knowledge of the deity) goe by the names of Yaweh, Eloi, El Shaddai, Jesus, Addonai ?

A simple yes or no will do just fine thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project In Vitro
He does not hide from us...reply to post by moocowman

I see, so how do you explain his/her reluctance to make an appearance even when the magic word are uttered by the molested and tortured dying child ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Did I ever mention "judging" anyone though? I am simply voicing my opinion that a personal god is NOT validated when we observe our environment.

I am all for some of the teachings religion has brought us.
However, the idea that our morals come from something our than ourselves is mystifying - for myself.

To try and pass off human ingenuity as "divine creation" is naive I feel.
Why can't the human mind conceive of the morals we hold so dearly to us today?

It's generally accepted our morals arrive out of societal acceptance and agreement. Which is why the Middle-east holds women in a light the west sees as almost barbaric.

Ancient Greek officials and philosophers all had boy-sex-slaves, which was a common and accepted practice. Yuck.

I find it funny when people tell me our culture is based off the "10 commandments". Ok ya, 2 out of 10 are staple laws everywhere - don't kill, don't steal - but adultery and covet they neighbour's wife?

I would think pedaphilia, rape and human mutilation are much worse than the other 8 "laws of god". Does god not feel that way?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by Project In Vitro
He does not hide from us...reply to post by moocowman

I see, so how do you explain his/her reluctance to make an appearance even when the magic word are uttered by the molested and tortured dying child ?

What do you not understand about this?

There is never a single mention of man asking god about anything as far as knowledge is concerned in the beginning.

They chose life, the path of knowledge.

What do you not actually understand about that?

Look in the mirror, you are proof of "life", a decaying experience of lessons.

Punishment, lesson, for the choice through experience.

Free will = consequences = knowledge of actions

Read the book instead of dwelling in your own ignorance. If you happen to have read it like so many people claim they have then read it again because your not understanding anything, not even your own life.

Look around you, we have kids starving to death every day worldwide, drug addicts, prostitutes, murderers, pedophiles, rapists, war, poverty etc.

All the while you have a god and its a piece of paper. You dont even realise that do you? It caused it all yet your believe in it dont you?

You blame something else when you supported it all through your own belief.

Look in the fricken mirror. It will do you a lot of good.
"I promise"

[edit on 20-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
God is in Branson, Missouri. He purchased several time-shares there and plans to reap the benefits in today's real estate market.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr.insidious
God is in Branson, Missouri. He purchased several time-shares there and plans to reap the benefits in today's real estate market.

God is in the caribbean sitting enjoying a pina colada at the moment.

He plans to look at some dolphins tomorrow.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by moocowman

I am sorry if it seems as though I'm avoiding the question. By all means, I'm not. But within the circumstances, a yes or no does not justify my beliefs.

Also, "worship" is a term used loosely. What exactly do you mean when you say "worship"?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
by the looks of the thread title somebodys been listening to a little too much suicide silence lmfao.

horrible band!

surely these things happen. children get abducted, little girls get raped, people are wrongfully tortured.

does this necessarily mean that a good divine force doesn't exist? clearly we know a true evil governs this planet, people & society.

does this mean evil can rule this universe without the balance of positive and negative energy being at work? are you saying the universe is ruled by only negative energy? clearly it isn't. you've just answered your own question. how can we clearly see this world is tainted without seeing there is any good coming out of it? grey matter grey earth, its our faults for letting things get this far.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by XXXN3O

If our God is simply a piece of paper, how has he caused this? There are flaws in your logic friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by topsecretombomb

I agree, and I think you are one of few who may understand.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by XXXN3O

If our God is simply a piece of paper, how has he caused this? There are flaws in your logic friend.

What I am saying is that people are making a god from a piece of paper.

God is not a piece of paper but many people believe in a piece of paper that gives other people the illusion of power.

If people did not believe in a VIP or if everyone was a VIP, there would be no such thing.

Read what I said again and you might find that my logic is not flawed.

How can you be in debt to another beings promise?

What people believe in, is everything when it comes to this reality.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
your not paying attention

eternity / energy / time /changers... effect me = news papers , books , radio stations , heralds , post office ... lets play language

infinite / matter / space / location... I effect = industry , machines , tools , stores , business , toys , super markets... I have stuff

god / universal constants / ether / awareness... who am i = art , war , jealiousy ,love , religon , soul , pycotheropy , nation ... seeking god

patten recognision is what you people do so well...
loook for your under pinning pattern .

stop dancing and think this out .

its not that hard , everything is right befor your eyes .

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by XXXN3O

One is never indebted to an act of love and kindness.

One either makes a concious decision to accept and repay, or reject and move on.

Children are not indebted to their parents for raising them. Nor are we indebted to the Creator for loving us.

As far as the human belief system becoming a reality...what else are we to do? We have nothing else besides that "paper". I use logic and rationale and still come to the same conclusion - there is one creator. Does that make me wrong? Absolutely not. Does that make you wrong? Again, absolutely not.

Beliefs are personal. They are gained through personal experience and personal knowedge.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
(post script )

get over it ...

get over it...

christ said him self , I am the I am .... ( some flameing bush ... not a god . )

if he was a man , why am I diffrent ... if he was god... then whats the point ? was some kind of s/m freak ?

...and who kill'd him ?...
answer = religon !

as I see it , christ was no fan of any organized religon , frankly speaking ... if he were alive to day...

he would be hanging out with IRS auditors , gang banger , whores , and street people .
... and he would speak unkind words about church goers , organized religon , and the rich people who support them ....

look at the pattern , stop looking at the end of your nose , and reach out with your mind .

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by readerone

I agree. And I don't think it's coincidence that I do not attend church or associate with any organised reigion except for calling myself a christian yet, 90% of my friends are athiest. It seems to me that athiests are the quickest to see the fallacies of the church and organised religion. Whilst the avid church goers will never admit such an atrocity.

The church has demolished free thinking religion. They have not allowed us to analyze anything for ourselves and come to our own conclusions for fear that it will be different than theirs.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Pathos

Hitler in heaven? Not a chance.

How the hell do you know this ? All hitler had to do was confess his sins the same as the rest of you, job done.

Its not that easy. In order to reach salvation, you have to confess with true humility, and you have to accept Christ as savior. Since Hitler was killing the people of Christ (Jewish People), he definitely met the full blunt of damnation. Hitler was a demon.

Course he will, he said so he's a vengeful angry god to be feared, who will kill indiscriminately those who would not comply to what he told someone else to tell them to do or not to do.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah by interfering with nature in order to kill the non compliant did he not?

We are talking about the same yahwhe eloi ,jesus , el shaddai,addonai god here aren't we ?

Yes, we are talking about the Christian-Judeo God.

Before the Great Flood of Noah, God was angry at both angels and mankind. After God was exposed to Noah's humility, he swore to never again interfere with mankind directly. God recognized the usefulness of freewill, and the benefits of showing his children mercy.

Yes, he could use the elements to teach mankind a lesson, but it would go against his promise to Noah.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

All the while you have a god and its a piece of paper. You dont even realise that do you? It caused it all yet your believe in it dont you?

Trying to talk like yoda does not excuse the fact, that you jumped right into the middle of a discussion without reading all the posts. get a grip young man, you are ranting and not making any senses to anyone but yourself.

Dude, Take a look in the mirror you may see me.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In answer to the excellent questions posed by the OP, THERE IS NO PERSONAL GOD folks! The best answer that people can give is that there is great evil that came upon the original pristine world which God made (the Fall or some other silly myth). Well, who is the loving God that created the viruses that destroy us? Who is this loving God that created the dreadful Guinea worm whose sole purpose is to invade and parasitize it's unique host of homo sapien? Answer this please you religious people!!

The world was birthed as a predatory, barbaric, disease ridden, thorns, poisons, toxins, tooth and claw, survival of the fittest, blood bath for millions of years BEFORE man even arrived. I cannot understand the stupidity of the religious that gloss over this simple fact.

The fact is that we are the one's shaping our destiny on this planet, and the passive projection of some saviour God just keeps us further stuck (a good example of this is the religious attack on humanism etc etc.). We have enough problems in trying to shape something useful and compassionate of this dualistic world without creating more useless myths that get us no where.

Its back to dark ages over and over (especially in the US lately).

[edit on 20-8-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

I

ts not that easy. In order to reach salvation, you have to confess with true humility, and you have to accept Christ as savior.

So who are you exactly, to say he didn't, this would be between hims and yahwehjesus you would not be privy to this.

Nevertheless bumping into Hitler behind the pearly gates would be one hell of a shocker if you manage to get there yourself.

he definitely met the full blunt of damnation. Hitler was a demon.

Do you have any evidence of this ?

Or did you just make it up to look good in a post ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by whatsup

Speak for yourself. Who are you to say my persnal God does not exist? That's a perversion of the word PERSONAL.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join