It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your God?!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Reply to post by moocowman

Why do athiests get to question theists beliefs, yet when a xtian questions an athiests beliefs we are "shoving our religion down their throat"?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Dude, that is complete bollocks, if an individual has "No" beliefs then what is there to question ?

There is a thread on ATS at the mo Called "Ask an Atheist" few xtians took up the offer of asking atheists.

Answering a question in relation to a belief in an invisible man in the sky and getting a job as a teacher terrorizing little children with tales of devils/ demons and men who live inside fish, are two totally separate issues.

Ask me what you want dude, feel free to fire away, however the overwhelming impression that I've had from xtians. Is that their instruction is not to even remotely consider another point of view, for fear of asking themselves some very hard questions on why they believe the things that they do.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Right now there's a bunch of atheists that think if God exists, then that means the world has to be a perfect place.

Everyday an atheist has to bash entire religions to try and prove a point. A point they've never actually proven and can't.

Everyday an atheist finds it way too scary to even consider the possibility of a God.

As soon as this is posted, they'll read it and get really really angry because they can't accept any other opinions other than their own.

-------------------------

Any thread that's meant as nothing more than an attack and doesn't actually try to create discussion, I can't stand.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I'm just trying to understand why one can ask me why I believe yet I can't ask them why they don't. Can we prove either way? No..we can't...see name....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I'm just trying to understand why one can ask me why I believe yet I can't ask them why they don't. Can we prove either way? No..we can't...see name....

You can, I even made a thread to where you can post questions, to derail off topic posts, where questions can be taken elsewhere.

It is available in my profile.

It's perfectly okay.

Noone is saying it isn't.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Reply to post by Republican08

Well, to be honest, there are are always exceptions. I'm simply doing what, in my experiences, most athiest do - that is, generalise.

In general, if I question an athiest on the street, he will think I'm trying to shove my religion down his throat.

And yes, I actually posted on the ask an atheist thread......

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Course you can ask, here you go i will pretend that you did and my answer is --

lack of evidence.

Now I ask you the same question, and you give me whatever answer, so that should be the end of that matter and it would be as far as I'm concerned.

But oh no, xtianity (not necessarily you yourself) but in general, then has to go one step further and "insist" that everyone else including me believe the same thing.

Now it's no good saying "Oh no we don't,try make people believe as us" Or "Well real xtians don't do that" ETC which is all BS.

Now how often do atheists or agnostics etc insist for example on dictating who consenting adults may have sex with?

The argument then becomes ridiculous when xtians claim that somehow atheist are trying to force their non belief in something down xtians throats.

There you go mate an open door for you and any other xtians to ask not only me but others also, anything you like.

To be honest there are very few xtians that seem to have spine or intelligence enough to do it but my hat always goes off to those that do.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I do not know if it's simply me or what but your statements have no relevance for me.

I have never known anyone to say what is right or wrong for consenting adults. Their choice is their choice. It's not my place to judge them. Nor am I capable of said judgment.

Also, why is it "BS" when one says not all xtians are the same, i.e. Judging, condemning, religious throat cramming etc etc...?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Right now there's a bunch of atheists that think if God exists, then that means the world has to be a perfect place.

Well that's bollocks for a start, atheists tend to make observations on life, if the claim then from theists that there is a creator of all this is. Then from what they observe they then obviously deduce that the alleged creator is responsible for all that there is.

Needless to say atheists have a tendency to lay responsibility firmly at the door of people not imaginary beings.

Everyday an atheist has to bash entire religions to try and prove a point. A point they've never actually proven and can't.

What point would this be, that there is no evidence of the gods that man have claimed to exist in the sky ?

That's a ridiculous claim as theists to the opposite the even more, so a pointless remark.

Everyday an atheist finds it way too scary to even consider the possibility of a God.

Well that's ignorant BS, atheists often do this but alas find no evidence so kick on with living as they see fit not what someone else dictates.

As soon as this is posted, they'll read it and get really really angry because they can't accept any other opinions other than their own.

Well there you go, you're wrong no anger here my friend, just compassionate understanding of your inability to observe your delusion.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I do not know if it's simply me or what but your statements have no relevance for me.

I have never known anyone to say what is right or wrong for consenting adults. Their choice is their choice. It's not my place to judge them. Nor am I capable of said judgment.

Also, why is it "BS" when one says not all xtians are the same, i.e. Judging, condemning, religious throat cramming etc etc...?

In order to respond to this, please can we establish whether or not you are an xtian ?If so are you a true xtian if not what type are you ?

If so, do you worship the deity (deities) that appear in the bibles and goes by the names of yahweh, Addonay, El, Eloi, El Shadday and Jesus ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

To me this seems like kind of a loaded question. However, to answer:
I am a christian. I study the teachings of Jesus Christ. I do not associate with the church.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Republican08

so then, according to network dude. any one doing the research,
then possesing the answers to your line up, would then be lost? i'll save you some time. see this is what i mean when i ask people to think
before they post. of course they wouldn't be lost.

network dude

and by the way, anybody who thinks they know the answers to your questions are lost. nobody knows why things are they way they are. They just are. Some have faith that things will work out, and some don't care. Arguing with anyone about why God does what he does, would be like asking me how anti gravity works. I might give you an answer, but it will be wrong

i'm thinking you may want to revise?

[edit on 19-8-2009 by randyvs]

do you speak for God? did he tell you what he likes, or who he thinks is a bad guy? This is the problem with fundamentalists. They think they speak for God and won't admit any wrongdoing. God is a mystery. Nobody alive on this earth, knows any more than the other on this subject. You have to die to get the real answers. The church doesn't know, they just want you to think they know. That is what I meant with my post.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

To me this seems like kind of a loaded question. However, to answer:
I am a christian. I study the teachings of Jesus Christ. I do not associate with the church.

Not a loaded question at all my friend I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from. Where I'm coming from is quite easy for any theist to deduce but not so the other way round.

Anyhoo you did not elaborate on the question I asked in relation to yahweh elohim, Eloi, El Shaddai , Adonay,El and Jesus being one and the same being and it is the teachings of this individual (or these individuals) that you follow.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
the kingdom of god/heaven is inside you and all around you... Not in the buildings of wood and stone around you...

Split a piece of wood and there I am...

Lift up a stone and there you will find me...

words of Jesus Christ

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

That is because I don't follow any one set. I believe there are good messages everwhere(and for good reason too). I know it's weird for me to consider myself a christian, but I firmly believe Jesus Christ was the Son of the Creator. But just as well, I take the teachings of the buddha into account as well.

Basically, if it promotes well-being, compassion, selflessness, integrity, courage, knowledge, etc etc....that is what I "follow".

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can see your points...All of them...I really can and do, but there is good in the world...

It's just fading faster and faster, and becoming almost mythical. There is good within men, just not the men who are in position to make the most impact. I believe we are, as a society and an entire species, standing at the edge of one of our greatest evolutionary leaps. We most hold on, and keep pushing forward. If we lose faith in ourselves we will fail, and this world, our world, will end. You might find the Hopi prophecies useful in finding direction in these darkest of times, and they are dark to be sure, very sure! The Hopi and some of the other ancient peoples build their faiths around themselves and there self-prescribed purposes. We in the modern society have lost touch with our past, with ourselves. We have forgotten what it is to be human, but more importantly, we forget what it is to co-exist on this planet with all the other people and life forms. We have been separating like ripples on a pond for quite some time, and this change we are experiencing and are going to experience may hurt if we don't choose to let go and start to embrace the new world that is emerging, IMO.

I'm truly sorry for all the pain you seem to be tapping into these days, but have faith in your fellow man that eventually we will all see and feel what you are currently experiencing. Change is never easy. Our history is nothing more than written accounts of our battles and unwillingness to change, but we always manage to swing to the next spiral of our time. This seems to be are way, it just is.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

That is because I don't follow any one set. I believe there are good messages everwhere(and for good reason too). I know it's weird for me to consider myself a christian, but I firmly believe Jesus Christ was the Son of the Creator.

So you don't believe Yahweh and jesus are one and the same being ?

You don't belive jesus was/is a deity ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Project In Vitro

Lift up a stone and there you will find me...

Well my friend millions of people have lifted millions of rocks, hey and guess what ?

No show, that's right, the little kid that was raised on Noahs ark, the man that lived inside a fish and Daniel being saved from the nasty lions, looked under the rock.

That little kid looked under a lot of rocks when the animal was brutally torturing her. No bright lights or golden halos to be seen by this innocent just the never ending pain and suffering.

And when that chilled died alone in horror and misery who is to be held accountable ?

Her murderer ? Satan ? herself ?

How about the invisible being that she was told resides in the sky and protects little children such as herself as long as she remains good ?

If you are a compassionate loving deity who all should exalt and endeavor to emulate , why hide under a rock ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Your argument is ridiculous. You are also arguing that suffering causes the god of classical theism to be illogical.

Who are you to say what all loving means for an all powerful being?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

So our free-will resulted in a tsunami around christmas that killed 10,000+ people?
Or are natural laws above god's influence. Surely he created everything in this world, so he must have created the mechanisms in nature that allowed for such a thing to occur.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I hear you loud and clear. I won't debate God. But I started a thread that I believe may be a brilliant insight as to where god is. I could be wrong, but I like it because it fits for everyone in our individuality.

I was one of those girls being raped along the side of a busy road, and I escaped naked in broad daylight and not one single car stopped to help me. That was in 1974 when I was 12 years old. I've had a lot of time to think about things since then.

God and our Five Senses, A Brilliant Insight?

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join