It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swimmers are told to wear burkinis

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Im Jewish, so I inherently self loath so
. I don't push my religious preference or my way of life on to anyone. You should read my earlier post about it in this thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Ignore button pressed. Now. onto a serious note. I have to return to what you said a bit back. THEY ARE BUILDING the largest mosque in Brittan. Why can't they build a private facility?

I for one welcome the beauty and art that Islamic bat houses can bring to Brittan. But I for one do not want them forcing that on the private ones.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There architecture is wicked lovely. The bath houses par none in the world imo. However those are privet business for the most part and they establish rules for conduct and they must be followed.

A public pool does not a bath house make. And if they want to change the dress code so be it but to do it for an hr a day is well weird to say the least. And to kick out someone for not following the Muslim dress code is disconcerting.

EDIT TO ADD: Thank you for the ignore button I just would rather not have the thread derailed.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Attention Posters...

If you don't like the thread, stay out of it...

Anymore ranting about how BAD this thread is, will be removed as Off Topic and the Poster possibly warned..

Thank you

Semper

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Audas

Deny this:

SHEIK Taj al-Din al-Hilali has ridiculed his adopted country on Egyptian television, dismissing the furore over his insults to women and defence of gang rapists while claiming Muslims had more right to live in Australia than the descendants of convicts.

Having last year suggested victims should share the blame for being sexually assaulted, Sheik Hilali used the interview to blame the September 11 attacks on the US for influencing lengthy sentences given to Sydney's notorious Lebanese Muslim gang rapists

He told the two interviewers during the wide-ranging discussion that his time in Australia since the early 1980s had given him a great insight into the Australian way of life and the Western mentality, which he labelled "oppressive".

But then, referring to gay unions, Sheik Hilali said: "I understand the mentality of the West and especially the Australian mentality and I understand that the Australian law guarantees freedoms to the point of insanity."

www.acl.org.au...

Direct quotes from the Muslim 'leader' in Australia

You like ?

You know a 'LOT' about law-enforcement in Australia ?

You'd like your daughters to be told they 'must share responsibility' for being gang raped and sodomised at knife point .. and filmed ?

I'll post more

*SNIP*

Removed Off Topic Snide Remark

[edit on 17-8-2009 by St Vaast]

[edit on 8/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

I wonder what they would have to say about the deal in the UK, I wonder if they feel WE have to adapt to them or get out of our own countries.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Apparently not - you are clearly stating here you will not accept their different culture. The idea is that you accept their differences. Jews refuse to eat pork - to celebrate Christmas, to go to Church - where is your hate for them ?

No, you are wrong.

Jews do not demand that pork be pulled from the shelves. They do not demand that business be shut down on their Holy Days. They attend their synagogues in peace without announcing prayer time 5 times a day., which disturbs the peace of many non-muslims.

And they do not insist that their religion be accommodated in public swiming pools.

I do not hate Jews or muslims.

Accepting muslim culture - OK. But that does not mean I will agree to practice it.

There is separation of church and state. You want to break down that barrier because Islam is the law in your culture. It is the state.

Won't work.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
To Audas

re; Muslim bigamy, sanctioned by the Islamic religion

yet bigamy is still a crime in Australia

Bigamy is still illegal in Australia for as far as we know, the 1961 Marriage Act has not been superseded by Shariah yet.

94 Bigamy
(1) A person who is married shall not go through a form or ceremony of marriage with any person.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 5 years. (source)

If you are a Muslim however you do not have to worry about possible bigamy charges.

Please note what the lady said to Jon Fain - Imams encourage bigamy in mosques during official sermons.

As long as a Muslim male does not intend to live with all his spouses under one roof the law enforcement agencies cannot do much at all to prevent it.

Why would an intelligent Muslim do it anyway if he can “set up” all his wives in separate Housing Commission units and on single mum pensions with all the spare time to procreate?

The Kuffar (us) will pay for the sacred Muslim right to multiple marriages and for their offspring’s food, accommodation as well as for building multiple madrassahs where the young Muslims will be taught to despise us.

islammonitor.org...

*SNIP*

Removed Off Topic Snide Remark

[edit on 8/17/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I guess the public pools differ from our local ones. All types of groups hold swim or exercise sessions: senior groups, swim teams, etc. which are generally restricted to the group using the facility. Sometimes a few lap lanes are left open for the general public. It depends. It just requires a simple check of the schedule to see the availability.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
All this talk of reporting to mods is unnecessary, and an overreaction. We should be able to discuss the issues without ignoring and alerting every other post.

I know this is the tactic practiced in some cultures, but not in those that practice freedom of expression.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
To Audas

the below, complete with link to an Australian Government publication (paid by the Australian Taxpayer) CONFIRMS what I posted above, re: bigamy.

The Muslim Women’s National Network of Australia has produced a book called ‘Did you Know?’. The author is Aziza Abdel-Halim.

The book is 178 pages long and was funded in part by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. The book contains a number of sections on the treatment of women but is much wider in scope

The book was launched in July 2008 by Laurie Ferguson, the Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs and Settlement Services

In an Appendix the book deals with polygamy and marriage.
First it speaks about polygamy – Page 143:

Polygamy
It is an offence to be married to more than one person at one time in a form of ceremony recognised by the Marriage Act 1961. A ceremony which is religious only will not be recognised by Australian law and the offence of bigamy will not apply. There is no prohibition in Australian law against a person claiming to have more than one spouse recognised under religious laws.

People who enter into religious marriages will not have the legal protection provided by a marriage that is recognised under the Marriage Act 1961. This includes the right to access the Family Court for property settlement upon separation. It will also impact on who may be entitled to inherit property upon death.”

catchthefire.com.au...

The Australian government has thereby turned a convenient blind eye to direct contravention of Australian Law, as it applies, almost exclusively, to Muslims.

An Australian who commits bigamy can still serve a jail sentence, meanwhile.

Report this to the Mods if you wish, Audas. If the Mods wish to ban me for citing a formal document for which the current Australian government is responsible, then so be it

[edit on 17-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Anyone see District 9 yet?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Thank you! No I do not demand that they pull the pork products from the vending machines. If I don't want to eat what they have at work for us I will make my own at home in my kosher kitchen. In fact if I want to ware my yarmulke at work in uniform I will and I encourage a Muslim to ware there prayer cap. I don't require anything special for the holidays I get home before sundown on Friday and go back to work Sunday! My days off just worked out like that. My point is the Muslims can have there own pools or they can go to a public pool just like the rest of us and suffer threw the mankini just like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
To Audas

an excerpt exemplifying the threats and silencing techniques imposed upon Raphael Israeli when he attempted to address Muslim violence in Australia:

Shouts and abuse are not a policy, nor do they encourage public debate. If someone wishes to dismiss data by providing alternative sets of facts and arguments, that is a debate, but by shooting the messenger instead of addressing the issue, no public cause is served. It is a fact that since 2000, Jewish facilities were attacked by Muslims in Europe and Australia, but never the other way around. To state that is racism?

Some, of course, prefer to hide behind hollow slogans of "inter-communal harmony", "inter-faith co-operation" and "multiculturalism" instead of exposing Muslim violence and inflammatory rhetoric and act, together with Muslim moderates, to uproot these phenomena.

Aware of the European parallel, I am neither surprised by the Muslim leaders' attempts to shut off any debate in Australia and intimidate anyone who raises his voice against such actions, nor by the Australian press complicity in that process. Only yesterday I received threats from a Chechen Islamic website. So much for civilised debate.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Raphael Israeli, a professor of Islamic, Middle East and Chinese history at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, has been brought to Australia by the Shalom Institute of the University of NSW.

Having being reported to the Mods by Audas for speaking the truth which Audas describes and warns is a 'hate crime', I'm wondering if Audas will report Australia's most respected, conservative newspaper and online news also, for alleged 'hate crime' ?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Warning: graphic victim photo and content

Muslim Gang Rapes and the Left Blames Us

On August 16, New South Wales Judge Michael Finnane sentenced a 20-year-old youth to a 55-year jail term with a 40-year non-parole period after he was found guilty of leading a series of gang rapes in Sydney...(this)...lifetime imprisonment follows the conviction and sentencing of two other young men—Belal Hajeid and Mahmoud Chami—for their part in the crimes. Hajeid is serving a 23-year sentence, with a 15-year non-parole period, and Chami, an 18-year term, with 10 years non-parole. A week after the 55-year jail term decision, a 19-year-old youth who also participated was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment. Three other teenagers—18-year-old Mohamad Senussi, his 17-year-old brother Mahmoud Senussi and 18-year-old Tayyab Sheihk—were sentenced today to 21, 11 and 15 year jail terms respectively.

The sexual assaults, which X is alleged to have organised, took place on three separate occasions in August 2000, just before the Sydney Olympic Games. The first occurred on August 10 when eight young men forced two teenage girls to repeatedly perform oral sex on them in a suburban park. The girls were threatened and bashed during the ordeal. Two days later a 16-year-old-girl was taken to a local park. Two cars arrived on the scene and she was forced to the ground, partially stripped and raped by two men. She was threatened and a gun held to her head to stop her struggling. She eventually escaped and was given sanctuary by a man from the local neighbourhood.

On August 30, another young girl was raped by a total of 14 men, including X. She was sexually assaulted by four youth in a public toilet, then passed over to a group of three who drove to another location where she was raped again. The girl was transported to an industrial estate and sexually assaulted by two other groups of youth, who then hosed down the distraught teenager in a final humiliation.

Press reports of the trial allege that the men, who come from Lebanese immigrant families in Bankstown and Greenacre—working class suburbs in southwest Sydney—selected the girls because they were Australian. According to prosecution evidence, the young men called the girls “Aussie pigs” and subjected them to racist taunts during the rapes. Defence lawyers challenged these claims. While it is not possible to determine if the gang rapes were racially motivated, Judge Finnane likened the violent and sadistic assaults to those “usually seen in war zones”. This comment, which contains more than a grain of truth, raises several crucial issues.

The gang rapes certainly bore the hallmarks of crimes committed against civilians during military conflicts— death threats, beatings, the total degradation and dehumanisation of the victims. But this triggers the obvious question, why has such behaviour emerged in suburban Sydney. And if it was racially motivated, why?

For continuation of lengthy article, please see link:

www.sullivan-county.com...

not 'hate speech' at all. Hate CRIMES.

It happened.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Lebanese crime gangs threaten law and order in Australia
Anna Marshall - 24 April 2005

In an explosive article entitled The Rise of Middle Eastern Crime in Australia, retired NSW detective Tim Priest lifts the lid on a very disturbing trend in Australia - the rise of extremely violent and ruthless Lebanese criminal gangs. Priest reveals how the gangs consider themselves above the law.

Threatening and intimidating police, shooting at a police station, extortion of restaurant owners, armed robbery, organised narcotics importation and supply, raping and killing of Australians in racial attacks. These are some of the frightening crimes perpetrated by Lebanese Muslim crime gangs. They cunningly exploit multiculturalism and the Racial Vilification Act to try to escape justice.

Tim Priest reveals how these criminal families and gangs have utter contempt for Australians and Australian law and customs:

The most influential of the Middle Eastern crime groups are the Muslim males of Telopea Street, Bankstown, known as the Telopea Street Boys. They and their associates have been involved in numerous murders over the past five years, many of them unprovoked fatal attacks on young Australian men for no other reason than that they are "Skips", as they call Australians.

..... And even more alarming is that the violence is directed mainly against young Australian men and women. There is a clear and definite link between violent attacks on our young men and women being racial as well as criminal. Quite often when taking statements from young men attacked by groups of Lebanese males around Darling Harbour, a common theme has been the racially motivated violence against the victims simply because they are Australian. I wonder whether the inventors of the racial hatred laws introduced during the golden years of multiculturalism ever took into account that we, the silent majority, would be the target of racial violence and hatred.

Download the article (pdf 308K) The Rise of Middle Eastern Crime in Australia.

www.australian-news.com.au...

Audas, when I have more time, I will post current and recent crime stats for Sydney's South West and Western suburbs. You will discover (as I'm confident you already know in any case) that these crimes are occurring in once decent family neighbourhoods by, predominantly, migrant Muslims.

The crimes feature sex, money, drugs, guns, contract killings, extortion, threats, drive-by shootings and attacks in relation to all these.

These are all sources available to anyone online. They are featured in tv documentaries and mainstream media also, despite the desperation with which corrupt, compromised politicians attempt to hide them.

Don't call me a liar ever again, Audas. Thank you.

And do not threaten me with reports and Mod action simply in order to conceal what you in any case know yourself to be the truth

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Personally, I don't agree with letting your entire arse hang out of your suit, but, for the practicality of the act of swimming, this is a ridiculous suit the women wear. So is the Burka. The religion/way of life is seems to me to be a way to constrain women, to rob them of their very womanhood. And mess their mind up so much that they really think they enjoy only the reaction of their mate when the clothes come off, come on, it is a way to keep your woman straight. If this practice is thousands of years old, or 5 yrs old, it doesn't matter, it is purely designed by a man to make women unattractive until a man is ready for them to 'be attractive', or show them the goods.

I must disagree.... certain asses hanging out of certain bikinis is essentially 95% of the reason I would ever go to a public pool....

A Burkini would ruin my day..

Although.. some people it should be mandated they were jumpsuits to the pool.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Like your logic! Rock man ok yes a nice body in a bikini is ok and good eye candy, the burkinis not so much. My point is I don't want them forcing the burkinis on my wife because she wants to go swimming

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If the Muslims have there own time period at these pools then nudist should have there own time.

Its only fair.

I would be there for the nudist time.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join