It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
William M. Shepherd (Captain, USN) NASA Astronaut

Shepherd was selected for the NASA astronaut corps in 1984. In 1986, his Navy SEAL training proved unexpectedly useful to NASA as he participated in salvage operations of the space shuttle Challenger after its destruction.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems I am not the only one digging up NAVY Astronauts
Thanks for the 'tip'

Posted June 10th, 2009 by USNavySeals

William Shepherd, First Navy SEAL in Space - Navy SEALs Blog

Before Christopher Cassidy, there was William Shepherd, the first Navy SEAL who crossed over from being an expert at missions in the sea, air, and land to flying missions into space.

blog.usnavyseals.com...

Navy SEAL's Mentor Helped him Prep for Space Mission
Story Number: NNS090615-25
6/15/2009
www.navyseals.com...

Shepherd was graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in 1971, and has served with the Navy's Underwater Demolition Team ELEVEN, SEAL Teams ONE and TWO, and Special Boat Unit TWENTY.

NASA Biography
www.jsc.nasa.gov...

what an incredible coincidence that the NAVY is doing articles on NAVY astronauts at the same time as this thread

OH yeah... I don't believe in coincidence

Disclaimer...

These Astronaut bios are just to show Navy or Ex Navy Astronauts. No claim is made that any or all of these may or may not be part of the 'secret' program...

[edit on 18-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Firstly, great thread Zorgon - lots of really well researched and apparently interconnected info I am still digesting. S+F

As to this patch brought up on page 4

Something was niggling me about it apart from the `all of your base are belong to us` quote - after pondering for a little while I realize I have seen THAT exact dragon design before:

A few years ago I used to dabble with amateur 3d graphics and I messed around with a piece of software called Poser, now into it`s 8th incarnation HERE.

Another company designed 3d figures (human and otherwise) to be used within Poser, one of which was the Millennium Dragon from Daz3D.

In my humble opinion the one used in the patch is the very same and it strikes me as slightly bizarre that an official secretive body would be using `amateur` 3d models and software to design such a patch.

Unless, of course, that`s what THEY want us to think

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
NSC ......The Naval Space Command and Navy and MARINE CORPS operations.

So what about the Marine Corp. part?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrey1701

At first I was like, yeah right, then...............................striking similarities.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3d06a201eff.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

The one on the right is from the newer V2 model with added features and `morphs` - the dragon on the patch is much closer to the original 3d model.

The way the jaw opens in a quite unrealistic fashion, the same claws, length of neck, brows leading into horns on the head are all exactly the same.

I just wish I could find the exact picture as I`m sure that is a stock pose used too. I`ll post it if I find it

[edit on 18-8-2009 by MrGrey1701]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
HERE is a product page from Daz3D with closer examples to what I meant, in particular the 4th picture.

Sorry for derailing things a bit Zorgon but it was bugging me

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
NSC ......The Naval Space Command and Navy and MARINE CORPS operations.

So what about the Marine Corp. part?

Are not the Marines an elite part of the Navy?

The United States Marine Corps (the Marine Corps or USMC) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces responsible for providing force projection from the sea,[3] using the mobility of the U.S. Navy to rapidly deliver combined-arms task forces. It is one of seven uniformed services of the U.S. In the civilian leadership structure of the United States military, the Marine Corps is a component of the Department of the Navy

en.wikipedia.org...

Space Marine

Space marines are fictional soldiers that operate in outer space. Space marines are common in military science fiction-themed action movies and action games. Historical marines fulfill amphibious roles: ship defense, landing parties, and general high-mobility deployments. By extension, space marines defend spaceships, land on planets and satellites, and fulfill rapid deployment throughout space.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now it doesn't seem to me to be a large leap to assume that if the NAVY has a fleet of Space Cruisers... that there would be elite squads of Marines and Seal onboard...

Non-fiction aspects

The United States Marine Corps's Project Hot Eagle considers the use of spacecraft to deliver marines to a target on the ground. "Within minutes of bursting into the atmosphere beyond the speed of sound – and dispatching that ominous sonic boom – a small squad of Marines could be on the ground and ready to take care of business within 2 hours

en.wikipedia.org...

See? Zorgy not totally crazy

PROJECT HOT EAGLE 2002

SUSTAIN (military)

Small Unit Space Transport and Insertion or SUSTAIN is a concept first proposed in 2002 by the United States Marine Corps to deploy Marines via spaceflight to any location on Earth.

Project Hot Eagle, launched by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and the Air Force Research Laboratory, is an investigation into the development and use of suborbital spacecraft to fulfill this vision. Hot Eagle would use a craft based on a design similar to Space Ship One, which could launch a squad on a suborbital trajectory in two stages and deliver them anywhere on two hours notice.

Extraction would have to come by other means. Future proposed capabilities for the Marine Corps include launching into low earth orbit to choose the time of an attack.

Delivery of soldiers by rocket has been proposed before, including by General John B. Medaris, head of the Army Ballistic Missile Agency in the 1950s. The lander itself is designed to hold a 13 man squad and land in almost any terrain at any time, avoiding diplomatic concern for airspace rights.

en.wikipedia.org...

Branson's Virgin Galactic Space Ship One

Maybe someone can put a Marine Corp decal on it

OR we can use THIS one...

Marines in Spaaaaaace!

"After three years of being laughed out of meetings, the U.S. Marine Corps' futuristic plans to deploy through space may finally be getting some traction," notes Aviation Week's spunky new spin-off, Defense Technology International.

www.defensetech.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrey1701
Sorry for derailing things a bit Zorgon but it was bugging me

No problem
That looks like a good match
The problem is that Trevor Paglin does not provide sources for the patches. Some we know to be real, some are most likely fakes... I wish these guys would give details to confirm

I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to Be Destroyed by Me
by Trevor Paglen
www.naderlibrary.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted.

There's a Badge on this page aswell

www.siliconspace.com...

"Silicon Space has provided excellent CDRL management support to PMW146; of which, many positive comments have come from the effort."

SPAWAR Chief Knowledge Officer

"If we could give Silicon Space an on-the-spot award we would. The team's effort are definitely paying off and the PMT (specifically CDRL Tool) is a big success. Efforts to date have greatly exceeded my expectation."

PMW146 Deputy Program Manager

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Ah Another piece of the puzzle

The Satellite and Communication Program Office of the US Navy's Program Executive Office Space Systems command was embarking on a 7-year, $7B program to build and launch next-generation satellites,

www.siliconspace.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
UPDATE

NAVAL SPACE COMMAND

Dahlgren, Virginia was selected as the site of the new Naval Space Command headquarters because the Naval Space Surveillance System activity was already located there. Plus, it met the new command's requirements with minimal changes. The necessary communications links to other space related command centers were already in place. When Commodore Richard H. Truly became the first commander of Naval Space Command, he stated that the commands mission was to operate space systems, not develop nor acquire new systems

SOURCE: "Space Anchors Aweigh," The Officer, Nov 1984, 21-23.

Combatant Commands Informational Series: USCENTCOM, USSOUTHCOM
SOURCE PDF

So the NAVY OPERATES the space fleet, but doesn't build them

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well yea, these guys make some of um’
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87e4d1ede95a.jpg[/atsimg]
Courtesy: www.lockheedmartin.com...
You do not think their secret projects are an actual skunk in the clouds do you?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They also make THIS one for the NAVY

Friday, February 24, 2006
The submadrone

Some spy planes are just cooler than others. How about this "swimming spy plane" under development at Lockheed Martin's "Skunk Works" labs for DARPA, dubbed the Cormorant.

The wings of this crazy drone are designed to fold in, allowing it to squeeze into the launch tube of a nuclear submarine. It could then be fired vertically from a sub for a airborne reconnaissance missions and then retrieved by small autonomous submarine after splashdown.

A few weeks back I wrote about several other drone designs under development at Lockheed Martin. And we've written a lot more about uncrewed spy planes too.

New Scientist
www.newscientist.com...

The Navys Swimming Spy Plane

It floats, it flies, it eliminates enemy targets-meet the water-launched unmanned enforcer

Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works, famed for the U-2 and Blackbird spy planes that flew higher than anything else in the world in their day, is trying for a different altitude record: an airplane that starts and ends its mission 150 feet underwater. The Cormorant, a stealthy, jet-powered, autonomous aircraft that could be outfitted with either short-range weapons or surveillance equipment, is designed to launch out of the Trident missile tubes in some of the U.S. Navy's gigantic Cold Warâ€era Ohio-class submarines. These formerly nuke-toting subs have become less useful in a military climate evolved to favor surgical strikes over nuclear stalemates, but the Cormorant could use their now-vacant tubes to provide another unmanned option for spying on or destroying targets near the coast.

www.popsci.com...

Maybe not a space cruiser but still a cool toy

[edit on 19-8-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Wow just wow! thanks for the info. I'm blown away. How do you compile and research who is your team do you do this for a living?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

No I don't do it for a living (dang it
)

My 'team' is here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

and the leads I get from members here at ATS, mostly via U2U

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Where've you been.....

They've been flying around like that for years!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2f8a00a5ff8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9391c2aaa6e4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

Where've you been.....

Nice to see you get the point of my thread

And judging by some of those USO sightings they have much faster stuff now...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Sam60

Where've you been.....

Nice to see you get the point of my thread

And judging by some of those USO sightings they have much faster stuff now...

No way.....

Nuthin's as fast as Mike Mercury!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd78989ab727.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thought this interesting.

In a thread titled It's Quiet---a little to quiet a member by the name of hazelnut wrote this:

Russia and US Forces retake missing Nukes from rogue CIA Terrorist.

It mentions Russian Naval Forces working with/in cooperation with the United States Naval Space Command.

Just thought that was well timed at least to hear the mention of the Naval Space Command

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Heck this is a fascinating topic to search.

This quite interesting as you will see at this link that the Army program is reliant upon the Navy program

Dept 33 Aerospace Medicine Residency
U.S. Naval Residency in Aerospace Medicine

The Navy Experience

The practicum year emphasizes the practical application of population tools and preventive medicine principles in "Joint" aeromedical settings. The resident is expected to demonstrate written and oral skill in elucidating issues relevant to preventive or aerospace medicine. This is intertwined with didactic courses that introduce the resident to the particular perspectives of aerospace medicine. It is a busy, intense year of learning, writing, and traveling. A basic flight-training syllabus is included for residents without a previous aviation officer designation. A typical year may include the following modules:

Piloting fixed and rotary wing aircraft; Aviation safety; Accident investigation; Air medical evacuation; Travel medicine or global medicine; Hyperbaric medicine; Space Medicine; FAA AME course; Aerospace clinical specialties; Physical examinations & qualifications; Aerospace medicine clinic; Aerospace medicine research; Senior Medical Officer Development; Aerospace Medical Association Conference; Combined Aeromedical Problems Course.

www.med.navy.mil...

Thankfully there are trained people to cure SPACE MADNESS

EDIT: Highlighted two words which cannot be confused through interpretation

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Somamech]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join