It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

...continue on with the thread sir.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by dreb13]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae745f95659c.jpeg[/atsimg]

The first thing I thought of when I saw that cockpit image. Meant to post that when I first saw it, but forgot.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by nightmare_david]

[edit on 18-8-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
An earlier post commented on a possible navy base on the moon. Only problem would be keeping it a secret. There are to many eyes on the moon
I would think. But if there were a base I would love to see there ground pictures. They would be amazing

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wishfixerThere are to many eyes on the moon
I would think.

You cannot see the farside from Earth

But if there were a base I would love to see there ground pictures. They would be amazing

MIGHT look like this one...

SP100 Class Nuclear Reactor on the Moon 1991

NASA: Technical Report Server - 1992001913 PDF

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Check out these pics Zorgon (Shades of the John Lear moon Thread!):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92d06ee05eb9.jpg[/atsimg]
files.abovetopsecret.com...

and another one here:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce932dde853b.jpg[/atsimg][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92d06ee05eb9.jpg[ /atsimg]
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn, these pics are thought provoking... They remind me of some of the bucket-wheel excavator stuff.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sigh...the far side. Cant see it or get to it. I would love to see it in detail.
but to settle it would be simple. We will just raise funds for our personal probe
easy

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've just spent the last 2 hours "skimming" over this thread...Zorgon, thanks for all of the hard work you've put into this. A fascinating read.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wishfixer

Sigh...the far side.

LOL! You're channeling Deanna Troi from Star Trek: TNG pilot episode, "Encounter at FarPoint"....

Welll....it's nearly the same --- "Far Side", "Far Point"...I won't quibble. In fact, wouldn't it be funny if.......

Hey, z....I found where that cockpit likely belonged, and saw your bit up there about the Pleadies...Pilaties....Pilatus ( how DO you spell the bloody things???
) and was wondering what say you about their purported young age, as a star cluster, and therefore unlikely candidates for established lifeforms, and planetary environments suitable for life?

I can look it up myself, but you might save me some time. I'll throw up an idea: Are they (the Pleidaes...) NOT the actual "home" of some ETs, but just a very recognizable 'waypoint' (farpoint waypoint???) from our POV???

"Pleiades, Pleiades".....note to self: Add to SpellCheck...

[edit on 18 August 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Nice diversion WW.

ON TOPIC:

Another log for the fire:

Today U.S. naval forces are dependent on space systems in many ways—for communications; command and control; intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR); navigation; and meteorology and oceanography (METOC)—and they will be even more so in the future.

In particular, the Department of the Navy has witnessed significant changes in both the national security environment and the Department of Defense (DOD) posture toward the support and development of space technologies.

While the Navy’s specific roles and responsibilities in support of this mission remain undefined, warranting clarification, they will likely entail new and greater reliance on space—for example, to supply near-continuous, open-ocean surveillance of all surface craft.

books.nap.edu...

Sorry if already linked.

EDIT TO ADD: A link about SOLAR WARDEN

[edit on 18-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
wasnt this on history channel like 8 months ago?

called the secret space program. didnt get a chance to watch but i know they aired it.

you definitely posted a lot more info than they did though. especially when it comes to weapons.

im sure i saw something where the first spy satellites actually had people in them.

s&f for you

[edit on 8/18/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I didn't divert
. nanner, nanner!

Pleiades? Six stars? Subaru!!!

You skimmed, didn't you? You saw Star Trek and your eyes glazed over, didn't they???

(maybe I was editing, and you caught me inbetweens....yeah, that's it.....)

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

In addition to the Moon Base Alpha we will need an orbiting
space station for rest and relaxation. Mining Helium-3 can get
boring. Put a nice hotel on the space station with good food.
I'm ready to leave today! Lets go!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

LOL WW that is funny.

My old signature used to read:

"Sure I like Science Fiction as much as the next guy, I just don't attend Trekkie Conventions or dress up like Darth Vader on the weekends."

Honestly I wouldn't know a Dilithium crystal from kryptonite.

www.minrec.org...

Oh heck, now I'm off topic.

As for the mental midget who is curious to learn the point of this thread, I humbly respond:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

interesting....if you are familiar with Richard C. Hoaglands famous shard then
you would have to admit thats pretty close. Do you know the artist's name?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Nice thread Z.

I am happy to know those "lines" seen in images are actually laser beams. I didn't buy the whole space elevator thing, but this explanation is the best yet.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
Nice thread Z.

I am happy to know those "lines" seen in images are actually laser beams. I didn't buy the whole space elevator thing, but this explanation is the best yet.

Keep up the good work.

I have an acquaintance who worked in Los Alamos, but also mainly for the Directed Energy Directorate. He spent most of his time with Lasers which are aimed at various sites in space. I jokingly brought it up once that they were reflecting the lasers off of mirrors to establish high speed internet for the "top secret base" on the dark side of the moon so the folks there can have something to do. He didn't even budge a smile, looked sternly at me, and then smiled and said "maybe" and refused to comment any further.

It did make me wonder how well Lasers could be used to transmit data and other information on a two-way basis. Then I discovered that many corporations already utilize such solutions to bridge networks between buildings wirelessly.

I do wonder if Lasers are literally used as a form of extremely fast communication between the Moon and Mars bases?

www.mindcontrolforums.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

lasers would be effective. Thats all fiber optics are light reflecting back in forth.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

A laser doesn't travel any faster than a radio wave.

I don't understand why you'd think a laser would make communications between Earth and Mars faster?

The speed of light stays the same. As long as you're talking about conventional lasers. NOW, wanna talk Star Trek and 'subspace'?

Speaking of lasers --- how have they managed to deal with the spread and diffusion over hundreds of thousands of miles, a la' from Earth to Moon?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by DJM8507

Speaking of lasers --- how have they managed to deal with the spread and diffusion over hundreds of thousands of miles, a la' from Earth to Moon?

Found this in regards to lasers and the moon

www.physics.ucsd.edu...

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join