It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I am trying to get into reincarnation, but I just do not see the logic behind it. How can we transfer to another body?? Through our energy I guess

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Well, let's suppose there is a soul. When we die, some people think this soul goes into heaven or some type of afterlife realm. However, where did this sould initially come from, how is it made, did it always exist, is it created by the reproduction process of a species mating habits, etc etc etc. All question's I rarely hear asked or answered.

Reincarnation could be one possible answer to the where the soul come's from question. Also, most religious beliefs I have heard of include reincarnation of the soul. So, if a soul is an eternal entity separate from body and the body is just a vessel for that soul, then it makes perfect sense that a soul being *eternal* would have no beginning or end. The soul utilizes whatever vessel it can 'attach' to as it, for some unknown reason, appears to require a physical vessel.

Then again, this is just my thought on the subject *if* there is such thing as a soul.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If I was pushed for an answer Id probably say that when we die thats it. The whole ghosts/reincarnation/heaven/hell and whatever other scenarios never seem to add up. You cant have all those different theories being the truth, and with no actual hard core evidence how are you supposed to make an informed choice on what you actually believe is going to happen?

Either way, if it really is the end when I die then I wont be around to get all depressed about it, and if there is another side then it'll be a nice little suprise!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well if you add them up ofcourse you wouldn't get the truth. Its when you focus on the individually, you see that there could be logic. Reincarnation could infact be the universes way of somehow recycling itsself. But like I said before we wont know untill we die.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You can only really know if you're afraid of dying when death stares you in the face. Answer the question then. As for me, I have yet to have stared death in his face.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?
My views on death are very simple; I have already been dead once in this lifetime, and it was an extraordinary experience; for those who fear death it is totally unfounded, for we are eternal beings having a human experience, and it is but a brief episode on the long journey of the soul; fear is part of the intense programming we all receive from birth, designed to give away our freedom and control to those who wish to lead us by the nose in all things at all times.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

namaste

seeker

[edit on 10/5/2009 by the seeker_713g]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The question one should ask him/herself is why.

Personally I'm not scared in the tradition sense. I mean I ride a motorcycle and do crazy things that people think i'm nuts, but when it comes down to it i'm "afraid" of leaving my loved ones. My girlfriend, my family and friends. I mean if I went I couldn't forgive myself for the emotional pain i'd put them through.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Very good thread seeker, glad your still with us

Also a question I have to ask seeker. You said you were given alot of knowlege in your NDE. Care to explain some of that?? Also what are your views on why we cant remember past lives???

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i'm not afraid of death, i'm rather excited for it, but wouldn't enduce it..

i'm afraid of everything ending into nothingness, and all thsi amazingness of life wouldn't ever been experienced again. because it truly is amazing to me.

but then i puzzle myself and realize if nothing will ever exist then there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well that is what we all fear (not existing), We basically just have to wait and see. Untill then we just have to believe.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Well that is what we all fear (not existing), We basically just have to wait and see. Untill then we just have to believe.

I don't know how people can fear not existing. Did they fear not existing before they were born?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I was scared of the prospect of dying and being annihilated. As in once the body dies the entire conscious is gone and there is nothing left of me but rotting flesh and bones. But now I've decided to focus on having a good life and contributing to the progress of humanity as a whole as best as I can.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Its not that. Its the fact that we are now existing, and after being alive, the tough of being dead forever, kind of sucks. Unless you hate life.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

IDK, personally I think the thought of being alive in some form or the other for an eternity to be rather boring and dull. After living a full life on Earth and doing everything or most everything I've wanted to do, why keep existing? Besides, if the afterlife is entirely different from Earthly life, then I don't think I want anything to do with it. Everything I know and have experienced has been right here on Earth, I've grown very accustomed to life here. Anything remarkably different would be to shocking to me, especially if it consisted of having to spend an eternity there.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well thats from a christian point of view. Who says when we die we live in heaven for eternity?? Mabey we reincarnate, or perhaps go to a different plane/dimension?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Same would still apply. As I said, I've become accustomed to life as it is on this planet and hopefully by the time I die I would hope I've accomplished all my goals, so I would see no point in continuing on in some other form or existence period.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think its mankind's vanity that causes the fear and denial of our own true mortality.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Like we really do not know anything of the afterlife. Is our faith that strong that it makes us have no fear of dying?? Is our opinions really so biased??

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I faced death. More than once.
First time, I was in my garden, I was randomly playing with a walking staff. I had an iron spike on one of the extremities. I threw the staff in the air, it hit a tree, and came back to me. The iron extremity planted itself on the ground. A few centimeters and it would have been in my head. Ok, this first experience was not much, I actually just have been freaked for a few seconds, then got back playing.
Second time. It was like 2-3 years ago. I was playing video games. I stopped, turned of the console, and stood up too quickly for my blood to get up to my brain, who turned of for a few seconds (you know, you don't see a thing, you hear everything faint and distant, and you start losing conciousness of your body). Then I fell back on the ground. But in my fell, I caught the TV with me. When I woke up, the TV (a good old big 1990s TVs, that weighted like 15 kilos) was on the ground, less than 3 centimeters away from my head. I woke up and was all like : "Oh wow.... Now let's start living for real !"
Third time. The most important time actually. I got stuck, alone, with no cell phone, on a pozzolana slope. I don't know if you allready experienced it. Pozzolana is made of very small and very light stones, who have no adherence (sand is nothing compared to pozzolana). The slope was like 50°, and the ground was 30 to 50 meters below, and made of huge rocks. I couldn't move without losing some precious meters. Any bad move could send me rolling down the whole slope and crashing my head on the rocks. For the first moments, I felt like : "Well, it stops like that. That's quite foolish. Nobody knows I'm here. They won't know I'm dead before tonight or maybe even tomorrow morning. But there's nothing to be done about it." I could have waited there for some help, but the idea did not came to my mind. I started thinking about my life. "Well... I did not write this book I wanted to. I never had a girlfriend." And other minor stuff like that. I decided to abandon, but as time passed, I couldn't take away from my mind that I did not wanted things to end up like that. And I decided that it would not. And managed, no matter the fear of pain from rolling down to the rocks, no matter how exhausted I was, I managed to crawl my way back to the top. I felt really freed from a huge load. Not only because I was not going to die anymore, but mostly because I had the time to think about death (not like most people who see it coming only a couple of seconds before and who miraculously escape it), and realized why I was hanging to life. I learned what was my mission on Earth. Writing this book. And I did it, and I am now working on the sequel.
So, if I was to die tomorrow, I would feel bad about it, because I wouldn't have done what I had to. But once I'll be finished, I believe I'll go without any worries, no matter what waits for me beyond the white tunnel. Or maybe I'll keep on getting new goals and will never achieve the last one

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well that’s if there is a white tunnel. I really don’t know, and don’t care anymore about thinking about the afterlife. It is just too confusing. With all the scientific research about everything being in the brain, makes so much sense. But theory’s on EM field or our brain acting like a receiver seems plausible.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join