It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nnyl1

How does that have any significance, to this thread. If you want to know who he is U2U him. If you dont got any information on the topic I suggest you stop writing one to three word posts, that have no meaning what so ever for this thread
For everyone else, keep the good work up
There has been alot of great theorys so far

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Of course!

Possibly my favourite way of thinking about death lately is that it is a change of state. I suppose you could call in reincarnation, a transferrance of energy...whatever you like. Recycling, if you will. Whether that means contributing back to the Earth if you are buried in the ground or coming back as a plant if you would like to get a little more mystical, that is my basic theory. Of course, I have no idea what actually happens and my theories may change with time and experience, but that is one of the beautiful things about life (and death!).

Edit:
I could be a little more simple in my approach and say that balance plays a huge part in any ideas I have about life and death.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by theartofzazen]

[edit on 27-9-2009 by theartofzazen]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I agree that this is a good way to put it. The thing that I dont understand is that theres no evidence that this energy transfers memory from your brain. I geuss we will never know, untill its time for us to die

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The transformation of our many forms I feel is something to be embraced, and honored. It is sacred.There is no beginning, no end to us. This is the greatest journey of forever.

Death is another stage of birth, and in a sense, birth is another stage of death. Corny to some but it is simple and profound..There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Be In Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
...theres no evidence that this energy transfers memory from your brain. I geuss we will never know, untill its time for us to die

I do agree with you there - there is no way to know whether energy/memory actually does transfer, but we are essentially comprised of energy which would be recycled since, according to science, energy can not be destroyed. Whether that involves memories or any kind of awareness being attached we will not know, as you said, until death...and even then, maybe not!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It is entirely useless to fear that which is unavoidable.

I actually think you can avoid death (for a long long while) by using Cho-Wa, eating healthy food (grapes, tomatoes, bananas, etc) and drinking lots of 100% Acai juice.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm absolutely not afraid from death. I had suicidal tendencies when i was younger because i wanted to know what happened before dieing
Now i think i must wait, and i think it's a solely change of state, like an ice cube changes into water and then into water vapor!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As a child, I was afraid of death, as I grew up,less and less. 2 years ago I died in a car accident ( no lights or tunnels just woke up in a ambulance) the last bit of fear I had left. Now, I regret death, in the fact that I will not live long enough to see how the world unfolds, to travel space and see new galaxies etc.

That will be my single biggest regret on the die I finally leave this plane, that I will not see that as I see it now. Death is a path we all must travel, it's the only thing everyone on the planet has in common. What happens afterwards, I do not know, i'm neither looking forward to it or running from it. All I hope for is that I meet my end with honor and satisfaction that I lived my life well.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

For a christian,to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

I actually think you can avoid death (for a long long while) by using Cho-Wa, eating healthy food (grapes, tomatoes, bananas, etc) and drinking lots of 100% Acai juice.

Sure it could make you live untill 100, if you live a very healthy life. Mabey even 110. But you wont be able to live to 150, 200 (yet) lol. There are theorys why the body degenerates, none are proven fact. But to say you can avoid death by drinking cho-wa (tea I think it is, has been proven as a marketing gimmick) is an understatement

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

Originally posted by sphinx551

Sure it could make you live untill 100, if you live a very healthy life. Mabey even 110. But you wont be able to live to 150, 200 (yet) lol. There are theorys why the body degenerates, none are proven fact. But to say you can avoid death by drinking cho-wa (tea I think it is, has been proven as a marketing gimmick) is an understatement

=) I think it is quite possible to become immortal, or at least live 1000 years but doing the above is just a few things of about 100-1000 different things that you'd have to do, one including biokinesis!

EDIT: then again i'm already immortal, maybe not in the sense that my mind/body/spirit will stay contained in this physical body, which of course is what were referring to here, but oh well.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You can think people can live to be 1000?? Please tell me how you plan on doing that??

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am not afraid of things that are inevitable. That does not mean that I do not have a basic human instinct to survive, because I do.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I've never found death as something to be afraid of. I've never actually mourned over any death in my family either. I find death to be a beautiful thing actually. An amazing end of an amazing process of life. I do not fear the possibility of nothing after death as it makes no sense that there should be anything. Where was I before I was born? If I didn't exist before I was born, then why should I fear not existing after I leave this world? I don't believe in a soul as there is nothing magical about life itself. We're not anything special, when I die I just want to be cremated so I don't waste space that could be put to something useful for those still alive. Seems funny that we waste so much land on the dead when we're losing land for the living.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Very interesting Sirnex, i have to agree with you on the part on how its so natural. But we will never know about the afterlife untill we go there

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

True, we'll never know till after we die and unfortunately no one has actually came back from death to relate what exists after it.

Everything I currently know about the concept of afterlife is from religious musing's of the question "Where do we go after we die?" Like I said, it's an odd question because, where were we before we were born?

In one sense, it would be nice to have some continuation after death and in another sense it would possibly be a hellish existence. I'm not old enough to die of old age, but I am old enough to already start feeling bored enough with life. I couldn't possibly imagine an eternal afterlife as being anything more exciting.

Would we have a new "level of existence" to explore and learn from, or do we just continue existence in a heavenly world eternally wiping some deities behind and the brown off our nose from eternally kissing it?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm not in the LEAST bit afraid of dying!

I can recall many of my past lives (whether you believe them or not) and I know for a FACT that this body is just a vehicle to get around in this world. We are not these bodies, and death is a peaceful - beautiful - orgasmic experience.

Its not at all what we are led to believe about it..

The only thing that bothers me a tiny bit is that I want to be around for my son HERE. I don't want to die before I'm able to spend lots of time raising him..

Other than that, its fine with me.. I have no fear whatsoever.

- Mea

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

The only thing that has came back to life, was that salmon, that was recently in the news. He came back from the grave or something by looking at pictures of humans. Ill try to find the link

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I understand Peoples fears, and loss concerning death. I think there is a giant loop, and there are certain souls We each individually travel amongst.

We stay together in Our lives, but the loss is never easy. It is after all the separation until the next time.

Let the song say how I feel.
S&F

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I am someone who is not fearless, but I have no fear of death... In fact I know I am going to die, and that death is not going to be natural, nor self inflicted... I do agonize over when it will happen, because that is unknown.

It will be the end of a two year long journey into a hell on this earth that makes the hell in the afterlife seem like a good place to go, if it exists.

I'm not afraid, I am ready, bring it!

I'm actually surprised I made it this far and for this long alive.

Time to celebrate!

Cheers!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join