It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Here is the link for the dead salmon

www.livescience.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Oh man, that is just beautiful! Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed reading that. I wonder if I should keep my rat after it dies and do some follow up scans myself.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave site in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, Totally worn out shouting, "Holy # What A Ride".

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

haha, yeah thats classic. It is probally a misdiagnosis. Never know though there alot we still do not know about.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
NO

no luggage rack or trailer with the hearse

naked in . naked out

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well, I do know the brain works by chemical and electrical interactions. People are declared 'dead' after we are unable to detect electrical signals, but there is no reason to doubt that the chemical interactions going on may just have something to do with consciousness. Perhaps when medical technology is sufficiently advanced enough we could 'reboot' the electrical systems of the human body and bring someone back from the 'brink of death'.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We can only hope, We can only hope

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm not scared of dying. I look forward to it, but I'm not suicidal because I understand my time spent here is necessary.

What does worry about death though are the people that don't understand and will suffer after I die.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What I dont understand is how people look foward to death??? Is it becasue it would be a new experience?? Like I just cant imagine a whole new life after death. Look at that Susan Black more says, a bunch of trained neuro scientists, all dont believe in an afterlife becasue, they almost mapped all the brain( or has mapped all the brain). How can you look foward to something you have no knowledge over?

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
^That's easy. I look forwards to unknown adventures. They're fun. Often times frightening and surprising - but whatevs. You just gotta roll with the punches.

I've never been very afraid of anything unknown.

To answer the question; no I am not afraid of dying. It's just another natural process and it'll happen to us all in our own good time. To me it seems irrational to fear something you have absolutely no control over.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

It's quiet easy to look forward to death. No more taxes, no more working for unappreciative people, no more following ridiculous laws, no more speeding tickets, and not going to jail for killing that SOB who stole your girl. I err... yea.. it'll be great! *twitch*

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm afraid of death because if nothing exists after life, everything I do, everything I have done, everything I feel, and everything that I have lived will mean nothing in the end.

Life would be an illusion between non-existence and death.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I agree 100% on what your saying. When you put it that way it seems like there has to be something after death

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ineverknew
I'm afraid of death because if nothing exists after life, everything I do, everything I have done, everything I feel, and everything that I have lived will mean nothing in the end.

Life would be an illusion between non-existence and death.

I suppose each and everyone of us see's it differently. I feel life would be more important without an afterlife. Without an afterlife, this planet becomes my only home and the only home of future generations. I'm more apt to take care of my home and keep it clean because there is no other place for me to live either in this life or the next.

I find a stronger desire to be good and moral, not because I fear a God, but because if there is no God, then I have only my fellow humans to fear for without their help during life, my life would be a living hell. One man can't survive alone and so we are required to be good to one another. If God is real, then who care's as long as I follow God's word my afterlife would be better than my living life, a reward for what?

Without a God or afterlife I find the universe that much more amazing and mysterious. Whereas with God, all my questions are answered, so why bother learning? Without God, I am driven with an insatiable desire to learn as much about my planet and the universe it sits within and leave that knowledge behind after my death for my children and their children.

With God and an afterlife, living life loses it's mystery and it loses it's value. Why bother being alive if the end goal is to spend an eternity of supposed bliss with God? With that end goal constantly in mind, life would become meaningless and pointless for it would only be with death that we would truly be alive.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The same folks who say they aren't afraid, can't even let this thread die

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Jesus man ... it's been dead two days, way to resurrect it and blame the lack of thread death on everyone else. Really thought that one through!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
lol... of course everyone isnt afraid of dying. It wouldnt be cool or different to be afraid.

If it was a fact that everyone died in their sleep and went on to eternal peace, then no i wouldnt be afraid.

However... i am afraid of having a slow painful death. And i'm pretty sure if i put a gun to any of the people in this threads face and threatened to pull the trigger... you would # yourself.

But... for the sake of seeming cool over the internet.... # NO IM NOT AFRAID OF DEATH PAIN OR ANYTHING...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

To be honest, I'd rather die from a shot to the head lol. Quick and painless, probably the best way to go IMHO. I would be one of those mugger victims egging the criminal on, never really been afraid of guns.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Haha, I am actually the same way. It is weird, i would be afraid of getting stabbed, but shot for some reason does not scare me. Of course when it comes down to it I would probally be afraid.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No fear on my part, if there is something after death that is great, if not I won't know the difference. I do believe in reincarnation but not sure I want to come back here.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join