It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have no fear of death -

I'm convinced it is not "the end" but the beginning of a new journey.
The soul is immortal.

The dying process is about change and transformation of our being and divine unity with the Kosmos.

I love my life and enjoy every minute of it, but whenever my time comes I'll be ready as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I know almost all of you say your not afraid of death, but how many of you actually came face to face with death??? Whoever has please explain in detail what actually happened to you??

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As long as I die in some way that doesnt hurt too much, Im fine with it and I dont fear it. I actually believe there will be something interesting on the other side. Im not religious at all, I just feel there is enough evidence that this 3D world is not all there is.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Maddogkull

I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of living without purpose and conviction.

I think this sums it up pretty well for me. Death comes for all things, so why fear the inevitable? It is just a waste of the few precious moments in your life when you can make a real difference in the world.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” -Chuck Palahniuk

“Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.” -Napoleon Bonaparte (and he would know about living defeated
)

[edit on 27-9-2009 by digger2381]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” -Chuck Palahniuk.

thats how i live my life.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

That is exactly how we should live our lives. But dosen't the fear of not existing scare you?? I know death is natural, but since humans fear he unknown, woulden't that provoke some kind of fear of death? There has never been a solid theroy that fits in with everything. If you got one please write what it is about

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hi.

" But dosen't the fear of not existing scare you "

nope theres only 1 thing that scares me and that is things i cant control.

you may say well you cant control death but i'll say i know its coming and if i wanted to, i could control my death right now

i believe in fate and everything has a reason for existing, we each counter act each ones actions.

wait wasps scare me too. lol

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life?

Yes, he was talking about the atheism belief that there is only non-existence after death, nothing else. You rot in the ground and that's it, no happy ending, no afterlife, no reincarnation, it's game over, end game.

After they die, the place they go is MU(Nothingness)

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I can't say I'm really afraid of dying, other than when my time comes to leave this world it will be a peaceful process.

What I am afraid of is the thought of not being able to protect my children or watch them grow up. I don't think there is anything I wouldn't do or sacrifice to ensure their survival, even if it means my death.

That's just your instincts talking, which many humans mistake for "love".

A wild animal will also give it's life for it's offspring, we are no different, and should not pretend we are. We are animals, just with slightly larger brains and ability to move our thumbs.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I have had anxiety that were triggered by the thought of death all my life.....I would have visions of a black back ground and a thin white spiral swirling into a feeling and a sensation of an eternal endless unknowing, that was incomprehensible to me....I would than ask...who am I , why me. I would always find myself running aimlessly in sheer panic , stopping in my tracks and falling to my knees crying, and my heart racing. Would than find the courage to stand up consuming myself back to familiarity to keep sane. I just told my self I had to continue on......It wasn't till 1993 that I had decided to face this darkness of dying that kept me from living.....I found out!!!!!!!!!! So today at this present moment, here I am , typing on this site and ready and prepared to say, we are doomed as human beings....It wasn't our fault....We weren't given a chance to choose....We were deceived and programed to follow in the steps of our forefathers of this doomed nation...... Eternity and Destroyed are two different exsistance..... I believe the source that deceives the nation for its own gain and its followers are going to be destroyed, and the appointed ones are going to live on forever and ever in total torment night and day, over and over....People like myself and everyone elves are those either destroyed or exist on and on forever in torment.....Sorry. It is what it is................

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Although I agree with the wanting to protect your children....I would die for mine also......What do ya do?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If your children are important to you, you should teach them about Jesus and how to accept Him as their Lord and Savior - that way they will be guaranteed eternal life in Heaven.

Other than that, yeah, I think I'd be pretty scared of death.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Christians believe that if you are covered by the blood of Jesus it is the only way to have salvation and to be spared by Gods wrath, yet if that dispensation happens to be over than it would be (according to the Christian religion) the dispensation of judgment....But if the dispensation of Judgment is over and we have been judged because of our forefathers ect.., than it would be the question of ( what is our punishment ) and can anyone escape the punishment of the creator.....Not even I or our children.........Hold on fast to your loved ones......They are the twinckle in our eyes..............

[edit on 27-9-2009 by nnyl1]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I don't see why people are affraid... Even if there is nothing after death, you won't know anything about it or existance so...

Make the most of what you have got now and embrace what comes after a fullfiled life!

You will be pleasently pleased with what you find at the other side

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Its the fear of the unknown, that scares me. Not enough to promote anxiety, but just enough to wonder why are we here? But with the recent things on scientists saying they found the centre of consciousness, saying they can make a brain in 10 years, just makes me think mabey we dont have a personallity or even awareness when we die. Anyone have good theorys about the afterlife?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I do not see the point in fearing something that is inevitable.

One could speculate all one wants...we do not have proof of what happens in the afterlife, or that there is one at all. I have my theories, and there are possible and probable outcomes, but I can not claim to know and I do not want to know, either. Not until it takes place. Either way, I feel that we should embrace both life and death, and include death in our defintion of life as it is an important and - as I had said - inevitable part of it. To my current knowledge, anyway!

I am more afraid of living my life without passion and without purpose.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Songwriter

Absolutly!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theartofzazen

Right on!!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theartofzazen

Care to explain your theory/theorys???