It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you afraid of dying???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
I read on another website about somone who was afraid of dying and being afraid that nothing existed after this life? What are your veiws on death, and what are things you do to feel comfortable of not worrying about dying?

Death is a illusion.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

I do not fear death. It is entirely useless to fear that which is unavoidable. But I will admit that I don't care so much for the 'dying' part of the contract. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of say in that either so... it becomes a wasted gesture to worry about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
No I cannot fear what is out of my hands but I do enjoy living with memories they are fun to have.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I am surprised everyone so far has said the don't fear it!

I agree with them. What is the point of fearing something that is inevitable?

I do plan to stick around as long as possible though!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm not afraid of dying or how I'm going to go.

It's the thought of not existing anymore that scares me.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I'd say if you are afraid of dying, learn how to astrally travel. My first experience of my soul leaving my body proved to me first hand that there is a separate eternal part of me and that this body is just a vessel.

Death is just another part of the journey...nothing to be feared.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by bringthelight]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid of living without purpose and conviction.

Death is all around us all the time, so is birth. Life is a cycle. Don't fear it. Observe. There is the spring of our birth, the summer of youth, the fall of maturity and the winter of death. The cycle repeats infinitely.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am not afraid of death. I believe it is the most beautiful thing... us returning home to spirit!
star and flagged!

love and light

ps

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I always say, i'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of dying. If its quick and painless then fine, but who knows what it feels like to have your body shut down, could be the worst thing ever!

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am not fearful of dying, I've been working on forgiveness of myself for past choices I've made, loving myself more and truly hoping that when the time comes it is as painless as possible lol... 51/95

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
No, I don't fear dying and don't have to do anything to make myself feel comfortable of the fact that my human shell will eventually die. Besides, this body isn't the essence of me anyway. I do not look forward to certain methods of dying I might be confronted with. A long terrifying fall from a high place, a death from stabbings. Yuck. Actually, when it is my time to go, I look forward to the sweet release from this physical body that death will bring.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can say so much about death, but I'd have to say a lot about many other things too so that what I have to say about death makes any sense.

I'm actually looking forward to dying. Some days (usually when I feel down) I just keep picturing myself dying in different ways. I'm very amused by (my own) death. But on the other hand I know that I need not to speed up the inevitable. I have much more to experience while living. Death can be a great teacher. I don't know if I could live rightfully if it wasn't for Death.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
I always say, i'm not afraid of death but I am afraid of dying. If its quick and painless then fine, but who knows what it feels like to have your body shut down, could be the worst thing ever!

LOL! I always say the opposite!

I don't want to die in my sleep, or suddenly where I don't see it coming. I want to be able to fight to live! I will feel more peaceful knowing that I was able to put up a fight!

Pain is irrelavent, I have felt just about every variation of it that I can think of!

Edit to add:
Addressing your "who knows what it feels like". There are many people (including me) that have felt their bodies shutting down, or have had NDE, or have been in catastrophic situations, and your body shields you from the pain. The pain comes a little later as you recover!

[edit on 13-8-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I saw a ghost once, so I am aware that there is an existence of some sort or manner after we "die".

So I am not really afraid of dying. I am more afraid of living, honestly.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't fear death at all. It is just a step in the process, much as life is. I think there is a huge amount of things that will happen to a soul after it leaves the carbon/water vessel it exists in now. Death will be easy. right now, living is hard. It will be truly great to re-unite with the ones I have missed for so long.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I can't say I'm really afraid of dying, other than when my time comes to leave this world it will be a peaceful process.

What I am afraid of is the thought of not being able to protect my children or watch them grow up. I don't think there is anything I wouldn't do or sacrifice to ensure their survival, even if it means my death.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't believe in dying.

The word annoys me.

I am living. If a doctor tells me i have 2 months to live i would never say im dying.

IM LIVING!

Im alive and living until the moment i die.

Living...living...living...living...dead.

There is no such thing as 'dying' in my opinion.

Live Forever

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think I have to agree...dying is inevitable. The thing that scares me is the pain that my dying would leave on my family. After losing my grandfather I experienced this pain, and I do not look forward to the time that my family experiences it because of me...even though I have no control over it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i am afraid i will have a tiny doubt on my death bed.

but the above video verifies to me that its not the end of us

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join