It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
A video of the arriving of the hijackers in Moscow is now in the Euronews site, here.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

And Arctic Sea is heading to Black Sea in Russia for investigation. Just wondering whether there is Finnish investigators called also...I think not.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
From CNN:
www.cnn.com...

The russian Navy has taken the ship back from the hijackers without firing a single shot. (sounds too easy) and half the crew along with some of the suspects were flown back to Moscow. (why only half if the ship is now free?) Everything is now ok. (I smell something fishy) What ever cargo other than timber that ship had on board must have been transferred to whoever it is that is getting it. I hope someone else gets more information on what happenend, really.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Maybe Operation Arctic Sea was something similar than Philadelphia Experiment. They once again, test Teslas theory.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hmmm if its heading now to the Black Sea will it unload its wood in Algeria on the way? Does it not pass all kinds of interesting hot spots between Algeria and the Black Sea? I wonder how well its voyage will now be tracked? Do they have the communication equipment up and running?
Can I say this story just keeps getting more intriguing all the time.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Apologies if this has already beens posted but I just found this...

The Maltese, Finnish and Swedish maritime authorities have revealed they knew of the location of the hijacked Russian cargo ship, the Arctic Sea, during its so-called disappearance.

Maritime authorities from the three countries said they had been keeping an eye on the ship but did not reveal information for the safety of the crew of the freighter.

Russian authorities, who were on the ship that caught up with the Arctic Sea, have said the hijackers had threatened to blow up the vessel if a large ransom was not paid.

They said eight pirates, from Russia, Estonia and Latvia, were arrested.

The Arctic Sea, which was sailing under the malltese flag, disappeared from the radar at the end of July.

On Monday, after a three-week chase, the Russian navy stormed the ship and arrested the pirates.

Link

Correct me if I'm wrong, I've only just started reading into all this, but The Maltese, Finnish and Swedish knew but Russia, with all their technology, didn't?

[edit on 20-8-2009 by JennyJen]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here are my 2 cents. As they say the pictures are worth thousands words. What strikes me the most in the photos are the facial expressions. The “hijackers” have these peaceful faces that tell me nothing but “the mission accomplished and I’m satisfied.” Considering that they used 3 airplanes to deliver 19 people to Moscow’s military airport, I think it would be fair to assume that the cargo was on at least one of them. In that case, lots of little puzzle pieces fall into their corresponding places. I think it just could very well be that the crew of well prepared concerned citizens from three different countries is instructed to “hijack” the vessel to embarrass Russia and become witnesses to the smuggling. That would explain the silence of all countries involved which was designed to keep the “hijackers” life out of jeopardy, not the crew’s as they said. Estonia has already declared they are looking into the situation, I imagine other countries would follow soon. That means, we will hear more and more about the case, as the end result it will be a very harsh slap on the wrist for Russia and a big pat on our shoulder, since the mission of intervention has been indeed accomplished without any military involved and now we have witnesses from three different countries that have seen and possibly recorded the deadly cargo before handing it over back to Russians. Feel free to debunk.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoofMonkey

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
reply to post by RoofMonkey

I am no expert, but no ships make it into the Great Lakes.

Edmund Fitzgerald - 729 ft (222.2 m) freighter. Sank in Lake Superior in 1975. Even had a song written about her.

That’s probably the same piece of news I read in my youth. Now, more than a third of a century later, and on my way out, I come across this once again... a mighty “blast from the past”.

It’s surprising that the sources give many possible explanations except the one that so amazed me in those days, or at least not any that sounds EXACTLY like it. I remember the news magazine saying the experts assumed that for a few seconds the ends of the ship had come to rest atop two huge adjacent waves while the middle remained hanging in the air high above the trough. That was enough time for the downward stress on the middle caused by the weight of the ship itself to break it in half like a dry stick, making it sink instantly, which was why no one had time to send a message or get into a lifeboat.

The closest thing to this is the “stress-fracture theory”, but it doesn’t give quite the same description. It just says that “the Fitzgerald suffered a stress fracture and broke apart on the surface from the effects of heavy seas twisting and flexing the hull”. True, that seems to summarize what happened, according to what I read so long ago, but the dramatic part about the hull hanging in midair for a while is entirely missing here. Anyway, it involved only “flexing”. No “twisting” was necessary. Maybe the “high-and-dry-hull theory” is just a variant of the “stress-fracture theory”?

Those who reject the stress-fracture theory claim that “no photo evidence shows ‘brittle fracture’ separation, which is described as having straight or flat edges”. Anyway, the wreck was found broken in two.

What’s so surprising about this is that the lake is so enormous that during a storm it’s like you were right in the middle of the deepest ocean, even if your ship happens to be more than two blocks long.

I won’t apologize for going so utterly off topic. This is because here one might as well talk about the weather or anything else. Yesterday I heard them saying on a TV news program that very probably NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW what really happened aboard the Arctic Sea. It’s that murky....

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennyJen
Correct me if I'm wrong, I've only just started reading into all this, but The Maltese, Finnish and Swedish knew but Russia, with all their technology, didn't?

Maybe Russian technology isn't what people say it is.

I've heard that the ship wasn't carrying lumber. I've also heard that they had to disassemble part of the ship to get it's cargo on board. Somehow I don't think that the cargo was on a plane that flew back to Moscow. I would guess that the plane probably carried a Russian Special Forces team.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JennyJen

Didn't the Russians said also that they knew where the ship was?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes they did.

Arctic Sea Operation might push future to the direction where events are setting up so that Russian might get headlock from NATO in Georgia case and further, whole Caucasus area.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The cargo may have been some of the more advanced surface to air systems being sent to the Middle East as it is rumored that the S-300 hasn't fully lived up to expectations. Nothing like getting live-fire evaluation exercises on your weaponry against some of the strongest defense systems.

The missiles would offer Iran considerable confidence that it could prevent airstrikes on its nuclear sites.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
at very first glance i would say nukes or heroin.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It might be a decoy as well.

While everyone is concentrating thier assets on finding and tracking this ship another with the real nuclear device might have set sail from another location.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrento

Hi,

Yes, Rogue waves are what happened to the Fitzgerald; as far as I know. They get ocean size rogues in the Great Lakes... Not really that off topic.

Now, I've seen other Peoples threads, and I've written a couple myself that uses sources siting the DIA,NSA,Military, or any other US Govt. entity throwing news out into the public arena. They do this to subliminally tell us some event off in the future is gonna happen, and they do that to desensitize us.

That being said, World Net Daily ran a story about "possible nukes" aboard the Arctic Sea, and that Osama Bin Laden probably has them now..........

The article was totally hinting at a terror attack in the States.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Finnish Iltalehti media:

Hi-jackers told in tv-interview that they are Greenpeace organization like enviroment group. They say there was no violence. Captain did not give fuel to their boat so they stay in Baltic sea ship. Everything was ok.

Ship crew told different kind of story. Crew wifes are wondering why crew members are in jail (prison).

Ship owner: we dont know where our ship is. We dont know when we get it back..

Strange news..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2577b95c3466.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by hande]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Interesting that the ship's transponder has not been turned on. The Russian navy could replicate it's signal earlier but maybe they forgot the settings.

On the other hand maybe they don't figure that they need it to continue the ship's journey to deliver the weapons to Chavez.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Was there a secret cargo on the Arctic Sea?

Updated on 21 August 2009

By Sue Turton

Allegations that cruise missiles destined for Iran were hidden beneath the Arctic Sea's cargo are dismissed as 'ridiculous' by Russian authorities. Sue Turton reports

Questions about the hijacking of the Arctic Sea freighter have reached diplomatic levels, with Russian authorities denying that the ship had been smuggling arms.
Russian ambassador to NATO, Dmitri Rogozin, described allegations from some military experts that cruise missiles destined for Iran were hidden beneath the ship's cargo as "ridiculous."

Sue Turton has been piecing together what we know so far.

Check out the video for much more information, and the theories. It seems plausible that this could have been the S-300 missiles that were on route to Iran.... who were the hijackers then?? Hired by CIA or MOSSAD??

www.channel4.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Farmer
Interesting that the ship's transponder has not been turned on. The Russian navy could replicate it's signal earlier but maybe they forgot the settings.

On the other hand maybe they don't figure that they need it to continue the ship's journey to deliver the weapons to Chavez.

It's not actually a requirement for them to turn on the AIS transponder, (especially as the latest report suggests that the russian navy is "towing" the A.S. back to the Baltic.)
If there were any weapons on board - you can be sure that they are long gone, either taken by whoever actually DID board the vessel, or sneaked onto one of the "three huge military transport planes" that were used to take the crew "home" although apparently they are now in jail??
Go figure!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I also find it a little strange go all the way around when they could use the Caspian Sea without all these trouble.

Unless I am missing something.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join