It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I don't plan to go back over the 34 pages, but wasn't there an account from the Captain somewhere that said the pirates had rigged the secret Nuke to explode if he didn't sail to a specific point and meet another group of pirates?

Now that the ship has been found, and the pirates captured at such a point, it makes the original account sound very plausible!

Otherwise, there is no way they would have caught these pirates so easily, and found the ship right where predicted? There has to me so much more to this story!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
So they have caught the "pirates"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But still no answers about what the hell it is we have been following here. Still a total mystery.

I tried your link. No luck. Could be my rig. Page not found.
The one on your thread.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting piece in the Moscow Times Opinions page.

www.themoscowtimes.com...

Then there’s version No. 3: the special services. The Arctic Sea was carrying something, not timber and not from Finland, that necessitated some major work on the ship. Something that required dismantling the bulkhead, complete with gas cutting torches, during two weeks of “repair work” in Kaliningrad before the voyage, and something so large that it couldn’t be loaded for delivery onto just any little boat. To put it plainly: The Arctic Sea was carrying some sort of anti-aircraft or nuclear contraption intended for a nice, peaceful country like Syria, and they were caught with it. And this wasn’t a one-time delivery. I’m not a believer in the omniscience of the CIA or Mossad, who might have somehow found out that on a certain date a certain old vessel would be delivering a certain little something. Most likely, it was a tried and true route that had been used successfully for quite some time. And now they’ve been caught.

And the Telegraph is listing the Arctic Sea along with other ship mysteries.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Seems no one is buying whatever they are being told.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The ship was recovered in the Atlantic, near Cape Verde? Could it have been scheduled for delivery in Venezuela, maybe?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Arctic Sea was special operation Operation Smokescreen. Hijacking, lost signals, searching the vessel, save the crew and summarizing whole rescue operation was one big smokescreen which is not ended yet.

But why the operation, what we have missed while searching the Arctic Sea and reading the news about it...what is behind of that smokescreen? Some actions elsewhere, some success transportation maybe, some preparation for something...what we did not watch while looking down to ocean was sky?

What a coincidence. One commercial dictionary explains smokescreen word by word exactly like this:
smokescreen ['sməυkskri:n] It was all a smokescreen to make them believe that the ship had been lost at sea.

One more thing, Ransom demands were pointed to Russian Insurance company called Renessans. Arctic Sea was insured there about 4 million dollar and hijackers demand was 1,5 million dollar. Therefore shipowners didn't know anything about demands.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by valachus

They "say" it was recovered near Cape Verde.
Perhaps, because that Fits in nicely with the alleged sighting a few days earlier?
A sighting which they (Russia) denied ever took place, incidentally!
The Russian submarine support vessel (can't remember the name right now), which was reported as picking up the crew, is the exact same vessel that was allegedly "tracking" the Arctic Sea about a week or 10 days before it was "found".
Strange that.
The Hijackers were not mentioned in any of the initial reports of the ship and crew being found. In fact several of the reports said there was no trace of any hijackers.
Does anyone know where/how the "hijackers" were allegedly "found"?
How did Arctic Sea end up near Cape Verde, when the Russians said it had been spotted and tracked down the West Coast of Africa, heading for Cameroon? (Even though, the Arctic Sea cound NEVER have been there, even if travelling at maximum speed, non-stop, from it's last KNOWN position. (...or any of the falsely reported positions including the faked AIS signal location!!)
Russia has apparently admitted faking the Arctic Sea AIS transponder signal, which was detected in Bay of Biscay on 15/8. They said it was to "bluff" the commander of the hijacked vessel???
Wouldn't whoever was in charge of the Arctic Sea know where they were??? How's that bluffing them??
If anyone is buying the official story so far... good luck to you!

There are literally dozens of incorrect facts & figures, faked locations, ghost sightings, misleading announcements, unexplained events, contradictions, lies, and mis-directions, which have contributed to this being, IMHO one of the most obvious cover-ups in history.

You just have to feel sorry for Joe Public, who has not got a clue that something major has just gone down.

Well done ATS, and Keep Watching!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

earth times has the ship as "apparently" damaged and needs sailing back "carefully"

www.earthtimes.org...

Also

However, there was criticism from relatives of the crew, and from the Russian Seamen's Union, that the Russian authorities were preventing contact with the freed men. "So far I only have heard the news of their liberation," said Yelena Zaretskaya, wife of the ship's captain, Sergey Zaretsky.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hi Gordi,

Allegedly found by Russian Minister of Defence Anatoli Serdjukov but where hijackers were...that is not told.
Estonia has send note to Russia so that Russia unveil the names of four Estonian hijackers to Estonia government. If that will not be happen it will not do any good for those countries relationship since it is not the best one as you now.

btw, picture of Frigate Ladny:
flot.sevastopol.info...

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

Allegedly found yes, by Russian Minister of Defence Anatoli Serdjukov. Estonia has send note to Russia so that Russia unveil the names of four Estonian hijackers to Estonia government. If that will not be happen it will not do any good for those countries relationship since it is not the best one as you now.

Not a good day for anyone it seems.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

i remember the helos . what i was refering to is that there has been no mention of them after the vesselhad been found

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I think that the Arctic Sea could reach Cameroon if it (or is it she?) was going at full speed since July 30.

In 18 days (up to August 17) at a speed of 10 knots (its maximum speed is 12.5) it can travel 4320 nautical miles, and the distance would be something like 4300 nautical miles.

I have seen on a Cape Verde news agency statement that tomorrow the crew will be transported to Cape Verde, to be flown back to Russia. It also says that the ship was apparently found 300 south of Cape Verde.

It mentions also that Dmitri Rogozin said that this operation would appear in some manuals "not only on the operational field but also in the information hiding field" (translation from the Portuguese by ArMaP
)

In another Cape Verde news source (lucky me that they speak Portuguese) they say that according to the Rossiskaia Gazeta, the ship was sent to the Cape Verde area because the Russian submarines cannot operate in that area.

They also say, in a different news piece, that the crew may stay on Cape Verde for some days.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

No I said so in my post, below is the quoted reference from Wiki.

"The Jakobstad fire department conducted radiation measurements on August 14 at the departure pier of the ship, but the investigation was stopped by the Finnish Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, stating that there was no reason to conduct measurements"

there is no qualification as to exactly what kind of radiation the fire dept was testing for. Some ships are measured for Solar radiation according to where they travel. In fact looking again at the Wiki site, it looks like it was the actual pier, rather than the ship that was being tested, this is even stranger.

[edit on 18-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

so what about the reports of them being boarded by drug enforcement officers

Speculation about what happened to the ship included suggestions of piracy, a mafia dispute or a commercial row.

The ship's owners had reported that the vessel was attacked on 24 July in Swedish waters.
Click here for a map charting reported sightings of the Arctic Sea

The hijackers had approached the Arctic Sea in a dinghy, claiming they needed help to repair their vessel, Russia's Interfax news agency quoted Mr Serdyukov as saying.

But once on board the cargo ship, they threatened the crew with guns and forced them to sail south, the defence minister sa

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Hi ArMaP!
I was under the impression that Arctic Sea's max speed was less than that? I probably mixed up mph / nautical mph / km/h etc !! LOL
No worries!
As it turns out - that part of the story was still ALL LIES. Because they are saying that the vessel was intercepted off Cape Verde? So it wasn't heading for Cameroon?? It was still hanging around Cape Verde?? Several days after it was seen there? Even though Russia denied that it was seen there???

Official version still makes no sense.
G

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwoods

Hi Gordi,

Allegedly found by Russian Minister of Defence Anatoli Serdjukov but where hijackers were...that is not told.
Estonia has send note to Russia so that Russia unveil the names of four Estonian hijackers to Estonia government. If that will not be happen it will not do any good for those countries relationship since it is not the best one as you now.

Yeah northwoods, I'm guessing there's a good "political" reason why russia would implicate Estonians etc.

I've sent U2U btw.
G

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it was just about out of fuel at Cape Verde. Vessel tracker's site had the top speed as 13.2 knots, around 15mph. Again, there is no mention as to whether the ship was drifting, anchored or sailing when it was sighted at Cape Verde. Someone mentioned 8 persons being arrested and no mention of them being pirates, as would be expected since it is the current media buzzword. Another thing I picked up on somewhere for this thread, is that the Chinese MVS are using Molotov cocktails to fend off pirates, and others have used water cannon, although it would not be nice to throw fire bombs at police speedboats in this case. You have to ask yourself, if there have been arrests in the absence of pirates, was this some kind of mutiny involved?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Hi Smurfy,
My understanding is that the crew were all Russian.
The "hijackers" have been identified as Estonian, Russian and.... what was it? Latvian?
So, I'm guessing that the crew are not implicated for Mutiny? (unless the russian members of the hijackers were from the crew???)

hmmm...

Edited to correct spelling!

[edit on 18-8-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

throwing petrol bombs around on a boat full of wood is a bad idea. sand filled bottles and water cannon/fire hoses are about all you can do. this vessel also has a very low freeboard aprox 2m making it easy to board.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by da pickles

Hi Pickles, It was the irony of Molotov cocktails I was picking up on. I think what the Chinese idea is that you throw them at your would be pirate... and towards their boat, even better if it is made of rubber!

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Northwoods posted a list of the crews names back a bit, I think it was maybe 16 in all. Does anyone know the geneology of the surnames? it could be interesting to know.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join