It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by wayno

They pass Algeria in their journey to Novorossiysk, so maybe they will unload the cargo there, but that's still another unknown.

If they did, wouldn't that just be a clever move to diffuse the conspiracy and make it look like it was a legitimate voyage all along?

They could still do it if the alleged secret cargo has already been removed.
Then again, any tampering with the ship and its cargo before a full "investigation" might invalidate the results.
So, we wait .....

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Any update on the crew?
Are they still in custody?

I wonder if they are being "persuaded" to go along with the official explanation of events?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Crew is still on custody.

Russian prosecuting authority has not officially informed that crew is held in custody or be under suspect or anything at all. I think that one reason is that none civilian prosecutor has not involved here since this seems to be "above of civilian rights". Maybe Above Top Secret.

One investigator, Vladimir Markin commented that crew have their cellphones and free will to move anywhere but this cannot be quite true. Russian newspaper Izvestija journalist did managed to get short comments, very short comments from crew when they were going to FSB building. Crew said: "We have no rights to give any comments."

Little later one of crew member said to journalist:
"You must understand that what happened to us is a state secret."

That is last comment from any of crew member.

Consider that this whole smokescreen operation could also be nothing, absolutely nothing at all. But managed silence and crew suspicious comments generate rumors and rumors generate more rumors which raising questions which again generates theories. This whole set could be Russian political maneuver to accomplish some important political advance without really doing anything but blow the mystery out of one harmless faked hijack. I think that if thats the case and Russian can make this, then it's worth of big applause, pretty and brilliant operation.

So this doesn't have to do anything about cruise missiles on board or other weapon or smuggling. But more we believe so, better for the Russian hidden agenda. What could be cheaper and better weapon than Illusion of deterrent.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by northwoods]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

UPDATE August 21st

Early this am 8/21/09 the Q-Files klaxon horn sounded general quarters in several locales. Reports from radio experts began to flood in regarding an extremely long 200+ characters Emergency Action Message likely sent from a Spaceborne Command vehicle via Offut Air base to space, air, and naval vessels in the Atlantic region. Apparently, an interdiction operation involving high probable multiples of Russian submarines operating in the deep Atlantic ocean was ongoing which probably involved a TR3-B spacecraft, multiple P-3 Orion subchasers, and other Naval assets most likely including U.S. Navy submarines.

Steve Quayle - Russian Subs

Possible Russian effort to blow the Cumbre Vieja Shelf sending massive wave toward US Eastcoast.

My theory of an updated Bond-film caper by fictional character Max Zorin, may be being played out. Only with Putin as Zorin.

Mod edit: fixed code for ex source material

[edit on 8/24/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

The Cumbre Vieja thing was actually my idea. Posted here and here (posted on Aug 14/15). I guess someone has been reading my posts...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Russian ambassador to NATO Dmitry Rogozin gives a summation to try and cover all the issues in an interview by SPIEGEL Online.

At one point he says A/S was heading "straight for Venezuela" but made an abrupt turn "near the at the Cape Verde islands and headed full steam for the African coast."

see report here:www.spiegel.de...

still a very unclear picture though
In another article a brother of one of the alleged hijackers claimed he had told him he had just gotten a job as a security guard in Spain. - just another piece that doesn't seem to fit anywhere.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I found something that I haven't seen before, a statement from the Russian representative for NATO saying that the NATO maritime monitoring system was used to find the ship.

Source

This is very interesting because with all the talk accusing Russia of everything and the worst, nobody seems to be intrigued by the behavior of EU countries who had a ship allegedly attacked by pirates in their waters with no reaction whatsoever.
This should be questioned and I am yet to see a line about it in the MSM.
They knew what happened all along, I mean the real story and if they did something we don't have a single indication.
I can't imagine Germany, France and UK knowing about an attack on a boat near their coasts and not investigating it very seriously.
This is ridiculous to think that pirates took a ship near Sweden and sailed for days and thousands of miles around Europe through Germany, France and UK waters while the attack was already reported and known. But the MSM is apparently not willing to ask the right questions.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Cumbre Vieja, Canary Islands, it is Spain, I presumed Russian frogmen are not welcome. It's a well developed and strategic place with a military base and a space center used during the Apollo missions.
I believe for Russia operating there would be very difficult and dangerous. And an undisputable act of war.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by northwoods

Thanks Northwoods - source? How do we know that these are really the hijackers and not straw men or patsies?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOSFORUS
My theory of an updated Bond-film caper by fictional character Max Zorin, may be being played out. Only with Putin as Zorin.

I'm actually surprised Putin didn't lead the recapture force personally ala Steven Seagal. Would have made for mucho macho photo ops. Course he would have to be bare chested doing so........

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup

Thanks Northwoods - source? How do we know that these are really the hijackers and not straw men or patsies?

We do not know because of lack of reliability information. Source for new was Russian newspaper paper version, Izvestija. I don't know whether this information is on the Internet.

Russian public civilian prosecutor commented to Rossijaskaja Gazeta newspaper that we cannot be sure was there really some other cargo than timber and we do not close the crew complicity in hijacking yet. Investigation is not ready.

Also more smoke on the water:
The captain of the Arctic Sea claimed to warship Ladny on Cape Verde waters that the vessel is Chongdin-2 which belonged to North Korea.

The same day, the Russian Embassy in Pyongyang contacted North Korean officials in order to confirm the statement by the captain… that it was the ship Chongdin-2 which belonged to a North Korean ship owner and was en route from Havana to Sierra Leone with a load of palm timber," the statement claimed, as quoted by Interfax.

According to the statement, the North Koreans said that at the moment the suspicious ship was detained, the cargo ship “Chongdin-2,” which belongs to the DPRK, was moored at an Angolan port.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

ussia's top investigator has said a cargo ship which went missing for more than two weeks may have been carrying a more sensitive cargo than first stated.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
"...might have been carrying not only timber..." Yeah, again. May, might could've should've would've...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I doubt this is true.

Think about it for a second......

Even if Russia could destroy all ICBM's on US soil......

They would be turned into a glass parking lot by the sub's and all the other navy ships and such that are out at sea. (and no, i don't think Russia could get em all before Russia is a glowing ember from end to end.)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Thanks, again, Northwoods -- very interesting. Probably not a big deal, though. It's not like wars might break out over countries like North Korea potentially being involved with countries like Russia (mirky, very mirky) re nuclear weapons --- errrrrr, I mean timber. Why are we following this story again?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Russia admits mystery ship may have had suspect cargo
news.yahoo.com...

MOSCOW (AFP) – Top Russian officials on Wednesday acknowledged for the first time that a ship hijacked in the Baltic Sea might have been carrying a suspicious cargo, deepening the mystery around its seizure.

Speculation has been raging that the Arctic Sea -- seized by pirates last month and missing for weeks before its recapture by the Russian navy in the Atlantic -- may have held weapons or even nuclear materials.

The Maltese-flagged vessel with a crew of 15 Russian sailors was officially heading to Algeria with a cargo of timber. But Moscow's top investigator, Alexander Bastrykin, cast doubt on that theory.

"We do not rule out the possibility that the Arctic Sea transported something other than wood," Bastrykin told the official government newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta.

Strangely, just hours after Bastrykin's interview was published, his press service issued a statement denying that the ship had been on any "secret mission" or that it had been carrying illegal materials.

"The investigation currently does not have any information that the ship could have carried any sort of illegal cargo," it said.

Its statement also rejected allegations of a cover-up and said the sailors were not being kept in isolation.

Could be a mistake or.....it could be that they shutting people up to prevent the leak of what was really going on, and prevent anymore curiosity of the cargo. Just keeps getting better and better.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't believe it's getting better and better. It's more of the same we've seen from all 'news' sources. I can't wait for someone to hack the computers of someone who knows the actual truth though

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

yes, I saw the emergency action message news. Yes, hellmutt had spoken about the cumbre viaja already. So, should it blow, then Hellmutt gets the credit for that one

I am befuddled at all the news, or lack there of on this. I was surfing either novosti, or pravda...any ways there was an article stating to the effect of confirming it was Mossad.

I don't know. Yes, I've been pumping out the Iran, and false flag threads; as I believe this ship is tied to that. Many places on the web are beginning to pick up an 09-09-09 terror attack, or no later than early Oct.

I know the war hawk posturing is increasing; with full mention that Russia, and China are blocking further Iran action currently.

Consider this I believe the false flag will be blamed on a combination of players, but mentioning Russia..... As they are a road bump to Iran.

Just My Two Pesos.... No flaming please, or as I said to my prison mate,"Go easy"

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones

Yes, hellmutt had spoken about the cumbre viaja already. So, should it blow, then Hellmutt gets the credit for that one

Yup. But maybe I also made them change their minds by making this post?

Originally posted by Hellmutt

And it's not even 100% certain that a nuke would manage to create a Cumbre Vieja mega-tsunami. Such an attempt could fail and backfire.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Asia Times Online

Source

This correspondent asked a former GRU (Russian Military Intelligence) officer, who many years ago escaped to the West, what he thought was on board the Arctic Sea. Instead of giving a direct answer, he suggested checking an obscure Russian-language website Anvictory.org, where a former Russian military officer based in Ukraine, Vladimir Filin, posted an article entitled, "Biochemical weapon which [Prime Minister Vladimir] Putin intends to drop on Jewish heads." Filin writes that the Arctic Sea, under the cover of a load of Finnish timber, was delivering a shipment of weapons to Iran via Algeria.

Filin said the crates (loaded on board in Kaliningrad) could have contained four X-55 strategic cruise missiles (without front sections) and devices to implement an air launch from military planes of the SU-24 type, provided that the aircraft were retrofitted as carriers of a single cruise missile.

He asserts, too, that this was not the first shipment. According to Filin:
Russia had previously delivered to Iran the front sections of X-55, which was retrofitted to carry Soviet-made chemical weapons.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join