It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing ship may have secret cargo

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I’ve been doing my homework and so I finally found where someone mentions the artifact for the first time (Gordi The Drummer on p.14). It’s a relief to see that he, too, mistook it for a minisub, and someone else (“grandnic”) had to point out that it was not that but a “freefall lifeboat”.

Shortly after sending my previous comment I sat there staring at the photo for a while and suddenly it seemed like the thing could be a surface, all-weather, unsinkable little boat, because of the tiny window on a turret (something like a superkayak), and I was right.

Besides, the window-on-a-turret feature is like what one sees on the amazing Fiberglas “semisubmersibles”
that the Colombian drug merchants have been building by the dozen in primitive dockyards in the jungle ever since 1993. (The picture shows a semisubmersible as well as a Go Fast-type boat.)

There are two kinds: tiny ones about three yards long with no motor that are secured to the hull of a ship below the water line (something like an outer hold, similar to the external fuel tanks of the space shuttles), and autonomous ones with diesel motors that are about 15 to 20 yards long, can carry up to 12 tons of coc aine and a crew of four and can go from the Pacific coast of Colombia to Central America in something like a week. They can also reach the U.S.

Even though this has been going on for years, it was only last year that the Colombian gov’t. finally outlawed the unlicensed “use, construction, commercialization and/or possession of semisubmersibles or submersibles”. What they did was simply add two additional articles to an already extant law, outlawing those things and giving a definition of the terms “semisubmersible” and “submersible”. You get six to twelve years in prison for that and a heavy fine.

So far this low-tech industry doesn’t seem to be exporting its wares but the following questions come up: will it ever happen , and who around the world is likely to be first to buy them? The Mexican drug runners? The Russian Mafia, maybe? After the Soviet Era, Russia was said to have started a process of Colombianization (the spreading of lawlessness). It would be quite a feat, however, to transport the vessels all the way over to Russia. And what would they use them for? The C.I.A. might want to brainstorm over these and other similar questions, if they haven’t done so already.

Sorry once again for straying so shamelessly off the subject. I’m slowly trying to grasp the theories being discussed here and might one day be able to make a contribution of my own.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrento

AYE! Drag up my schoolboy errors why don'y ye!!!! LOL

(Glad I wasn't the only one!!)

Cheers!
G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Macrento

Not to further stray from the topic of the thread, but those having further interest in the Mini Sub subject might want to read this post and especially the clips in the succeeding comments --HERE

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
****Important! - This just in****

Guess where the Arctic Sea is being taken to now???

go on.....

no??

NOWOROSSIJSK (Just up the coast from Georgia!!!)

Source link

G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

That data is from August 15 th. so its probably not accurate as far as "where its heading now". Its interesting nevertheless that it would have had that destination at any point.
It seems like every new piece of info just adds to the mystery.

A second thought: I haven't gone back to check but if that is the last signal recorded for the A/S could it have been the "false" one sent out by the Russian warship by any chance?

[edit on 8/23/2009 by wayno]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

That data is from August 15 th. so its probably not accurate as far as "where its heading now". Its interesting nevertheless that it would have had that destination at any point.
It seems like every new piece of info just adds to the mystery.

Sorry wayno, but that information is not from august 15th.
The "current position" info is from then.
The DESTINATION information has been changed since then.
It was still naming the port in Algeria, when I last checked a couple of days ago.
The Destination information has been changed in the last few days.
cheers,
G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

That's at least from August 20, as you can see here.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It's an interesting information. But to be fair, the Black Sea have the closest Russian ports from the zone where the ship was finally 'recovered'.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Cheers ArMaP!
I missed that one in the news - it's only recently been updated on the destination info for Arctic Sea on one of the AIS tracking sites!

Did you know that there's a russian naval base there, with a brand new Weapons Storage Facility?

Quote: ""Work to build the Novorossiysk base is being carried out on schedule," Tashlyk said. Russia has allocated 12.3 billion rubles (about $480 million) for the construction between 2007 and 2012 as part of a federal program.
So far, quays, weapons storage and other military facilities have been built, the official said. The construction of facilities and accommodation for personnel will continue beyond 2012.
Russia also plans to build the headquarters of Russia's naval base in the city, which is a major Russian port on the Black Sea. "

Link to Source Article
G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
Did you know that there's a russian naval base there, with a brand new Weapons Storage Facility?
Yes, I even remember when there was some talk about that in the news because it looks like Russia is preparing a replacement for the Sevastopol port, and some Ukrainians do not like the idea of loosing half of the port's movement.

Why do you think I watch Euronews?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yep, I looked at that port on Google Earth and it looks to have massive facilities for docking ships.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
Yes, I even remember when there was some talk about that in the news because it looks like Russia is preparing a replacement for the Sevastopol port, and some Ukrainians do not like the idea of loosing half of the port's movement.

Why do you think I watch Euronews?

LOL - I thought you watched that for the Eurobabes!!
(True too, about Sevastopol and the Ukrainians! You are on top form today!)

G

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I found this, sorry if it's already been posted:

www.jpost.com...

Pirates recently gained control over a Russian ship off the shores of Sweden in order to prevent weapons smuggling to Iran on Israel's behalf, according to a report by Russian newspaper Nuvia Gueta.

According to Saturday's report, which Army Radio cited, the Russian ship was carrying a load of X-55 cruise missiles intended for Teheran. Several days after the pirates seized the ship, Russian navy forces gained control over the vessel off the coast of West Africa.

Army Radio said Russian authorities denied the report, saying "the allegations are baseless."

Dmitri Rogozin, Russia's ambassador to NATO, said the report was fantastical and absurd.

Sounds pretty bizarre.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I found something that I haven't seen before, a statement from the Russian representative for NATO saying that the NATO maritime monitoring system was used to find the ship.

It's not a direct statement, so an original source would be better.

Source

Sorry for the Google translation, but it's originally from a Cape Verde source.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting item. It seems quite plausible.
Did Mossad hijack Russian ship to stop Iran arms shipment?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Okay, so do Ya'll think the ship is going to NOWOROSSIJSK to be dismantled?? As in there still are possible munitions aboard?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
and I can't help wondering what they are going to do with all that wood that somebody in Africa had paid for and now is without?

Presumably there actually was a lot of wood loaded on that boat along with whatever the secret stash was.
Maybe they can use it in that Black Sea port considering all the construction going on there.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

They pass Algeria in their journey to Novorossiysk, so maybe they will unload the cargo there, but that's still another unknown.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Hi guys!

I have not read your posts in few days so don'y know where we are going now. You already know the identity of hijackers, I mean REAL identity?

At least some of Hijackers are normal hard-working men. There are really strange details coming to public.

One of the alleged hijackers is a fisherman and is thought to have already died three years ago. His family saw him on Russian television. Another man is a metal-worker and third is a construction worker without no known criminal record.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This seems to fall in line with my thinking when I posted "If the "Hijackers" identified by the russians truly exist and left Estonia as reported, were they criminals that were recruited sureptuously by someone to ultimately be used as dupes to take the blame for the incident?"

Maybe all weren't criminals, but they could still be individuals utilized as dupes to cover up for something. Nothing like bringing along your own supply of "hijackers".

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join