It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Yah...and where was that Fire Marshal born anyways...I want to see his long-form!!

No wonder you are confused about healthcare because you think this is the BC thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Take a look for yourself...Plenty of folks opposed to Healthcare Reform were present...Class act..these folks.

I don't see a problem. Just folks expressing their thoughts regarding the lies and garbage the speaker was spewing.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Take a look for yourself...Plenty of folks opposed to Healthcare Reform were present...Class act..these folks.

I don't see a problem. Just folks expressing their thoughts regarding the lies and garbage the speaker was spewing.

Glad you have eyes. Now that you have acknowledged that those opposed to healthcare reform were present and loudly heard... what the F*&^ are you talking about when you say they were barred from entering?

Again..here is the video: www.dailykostv.com...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Glad you have eyes.

I'm also glad.

Now that you have acknowledged that those opposed to healthcare reform were present and loudly heard... what the F*&^ are you talking about when you say they were barred from entering?

Umm.....I didn't

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

I only asked a question on who they let in before the doors closed so I don't see where you are going.

I guess we are not allowed to ask questions now before we get the typical liberal knee-jerk emotional response.

You should try and concentrate on more important points.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Now that you have acknowledged that those opposed to healthcare reform were present and loudly heard... what the F*&^ are you talking about when you say they were barred from entering?

Umm.....I didn't

Sorry, I was confused.
So I guess we are in agreement that this thread title is bunk.
"Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall"

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow!

The article below is shocking and really confirms that we should NOT switch to national healthcare.

The National Health Service (NHS) in England is the worlds 3rd largest employer.

NHS is world's biggest employer after Indian rail and Chinese Army

Almost 1.3 million people — or the combined populations of Birmingham and Coventry — work for the NHS, which is one of the world’s biggest employers.

Just imagine the number of people it will take to run Obama's nationalized plan here in America. Is this the system we want? I don't think so.

Only the Chinese Army and the Indian State Railways are believed to employ more people — with 2.3 million and 1.5 million staff respectively

Do we really want a system where paper-pushers and administrators out number the doctors and nurses? I don't think so.

This along with the recent Stanford University which shows how much better the current healthcare U.S. system is compared to the UK and Canadian systems, I don't think we can afford to let this happen.

Stanford University Study

Come on people, why would you want the government to control your life when they cannot run "cash for clunkers" and welfare, medicare, medicaid and the VA hospitals are bankrupt and full of fraud, corruption and waste.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yah...and where was that Fire Marshal born anyways...I want to see his long-form!!

No wonder you are confused about healthcare because you think this is the BC thread.

That was funny, I needed a laugh.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Who the hell is saying that people are finally going to do, "something" about it!? Ok. Yeah; right. That in itself is not disinformation?! Yeah; right. Any-one believe that, I got some land in Florida I'll sell you.. Nope; I'll watch now with the rest of the real fighters that know that that the lack of movement of the mainstream sheeple killed me.

Edit to say do not get me wrong; I believe in every attempt we make; but you would be hard pressed to make me believe the mainstream sheeple might get off their a**es and fight; not going to happen until it's too late..

That's the exact same reason I tried to, "recruit"; for the sake of my loved ones.. Later.

Thank you.

NoconsequenceE..

[edit on 7-8-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wow!

The article below is shocking and really confirms that we should NOT switch to national healthcare.

The National Health Service (NHS) in England is the worlds 3rd largest employer.

NHS is world's biggest employer after Indian rail and Chinese Army

Almost 1.3 million people — or the combined populations of Birmingham and Coventry — work for the NHS, which is one of the world’s biggest employers.

Just imagine the number of people it will take to run Obama's nationalized plan here in America. Is this the system we want? I don't think so.

In the first place, nowhere, in all the legislation that's being discussed now, is there a proposal to set up a National Health Service like England's. The main topic under discussion is health INSURANCE reform.

In the second place, why would Americans be upset, in the middle of a recession like the present one, that a million plus jobs were being created?

So Obama is wrong because there are not enough jobs being created, and he's wrong if he creates new jobs. Admit it, most of you on this thread would hate anything that Obama does just because he does it.

In the last (and most important) place, there is no single "health care reform bill." There are at present three different committees--two in the House and one in the Senate--that are hashing out both generalities and specifics of a plan. There will undoubtedly be more committees and more discussions before it's over. Everything is in flux at the moment.

The fact that people at Town Hall meetings are just shouting other people down, instead of discussing which details they are referring to, shows that the level of discourse is very primitive.

People get an idea in their heads and just start screaming, whether that idea is substantiated or not.

Sure, it's okay to get angry if one handles it maturely, but what I've seen from some of these town halls is just undifferentiated rage at all kinds of things--some relevant and some not--with no coherent explanation.

When a child throws a temper tantrum you put him or her in "time out." The same might be useful for our political discourse.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
In the first place, nowhere, in all the legislation that's being discussed now, is there a proposal to set up a National Health Service like England's. The main topic under discussion is health INSURANCE reform.

Huh? What?

Have you been under a rock?

This is exactly what Obama is talking about. He is talking about nationalizing Healthcare. Don't tell me you are one of the gullible people who fell for the Health Insurance term instead of Healthcare. They are the same thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Here is a novel idea, since America is now wired to Internet and Cellular Phones, let the people start representing themselves.

Let the people vote on each issue and weigh in on each issue and watch how fast Special Interest gets out of government and out of the government's budget.

Want to see the deficit reduced, sensible legislation, laws that work for the citizens instead of the corporations...stop electing corruptable congress people.

Stop engaging in a two party divide and conquer identity system.

Make people actually aware of government by allowing them to function as the government by a majority rule based on the actual people instead of corrupt politicians and media moguls, corporations and special interests groups.

The technology exists and it's probably the only way we are ever going to be rid of the edemic corruption in Congress and the Body Politic.

Thats the best idea i've heard in a long long time and I totally agree that its completely possible and i like it. .

Then we'd just have to divert everyone's attention away from American Idle long enough to actually vote on stuff

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Government jobs are not real jobs for one simple reason. The Government does not create a profit or even pay for itself as a non-profit entity.

The tax payers pay government workers.

Creating a million government jobs when we already operate on a deficit and trillions in debt that the tax payer base can not cover already is simply penalizing those who do work and have real jobs because eventually you do have to raise taxes to pay these people, or the inflation caused by just printing money to pay people makes the real value of your existing wages go down.

There might be those who attack Obama for everything he does, and honestly I read all his failed attempts at legislation in the Senate and he sure was not the brightest tack on the board there, but lets dismiss the fact that maybe some people genuinely don't see him has being effective at anything...

Then lets pick up on the fact that some people will defend him on everything regardless of the effect it has.

What's the difference between someone who blindly supports him in everything and a person who blindly attacks him in everything.

America has from it's inception been about free enterprise. Health Care should be no exception.

We absolutely have the best doctors in the world and the most advanced medical equipment and facilities in the world, and the most advance research and testing facilities in the world.

You just have to pay for it if and when you need it or want it.

That's what America has always been about.

Americans don't need socialized medicine they need real jobs, at real companies, that manufacture, create and sell real value oriented products, with a real living wage, and real stability and when Americans have that they really can afford their own healthcare which really is the best and not coincidentally the most expensive in the world.

If you want socialized medicine move to Canada, or Cuba, or England or France or Russia.

Don't bring those systems here.

Any one who hasn't figured out that once the government gets into something it never gets back out and it always just expands and expands is really well...brain dead.

Doctors can go into politics.

Politicians should not go into Medicine, not with out at least an 8 year degree and an internship and the degree needs to be in Medicine and the internship at a hospital not one at Acorn either thank you very much.

The country needs real jobs, so people can afford real medicine...

It's the economy stupid, stop letting them play the shell game on you.

I can get the best doctor in the world to take my cash...government insurance? Keep dreaming.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FunSized

I think it is a great idea too. We all have the technology so that registered voters could themselves vote electronically by internet or over their cellular phones on every Bill.

The laws being passed really would reflect majority rule instead of corporate, special interest, foreign interest and party rule.

Lobbyists would be a thing of the past, Americans would become better educated about the world and what really is needed to create a quality of life.

I would like to state though it is not my original idea, I have previously heard both ModernAcademia and ProfessorEmeritus float that idea in their posts.

Which one did first I can't remember, but the moment I first read it, I did feel, that should be the wave of the future and a way to lift the nation out of this corrupt morass of divide and conquer party politics and the legislature being usurped by Corporate and Special Interests.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
80% of foreclosures are due to health care costs

Sorry, but I just had to laugh.

Where did you get that from......"Libroid.com"
Care to provide proof or should we just believe the garbage you are spewing.

Sorry to be late with the data WhatTheory, I just can't sit idly by and see your brand of ignorance go un-checked. It is actually closer to 69%

Half of all respondents (49%) indicated that their foreclosure was caused in part by a medical problem, including illness or injuries (32%), unmanageable medical bills (23%), lost work due to a medical problem (27%), or caring for sick family members (14%). We also examined objective indicia of medical disruptions in the previous two years, including those respondents paying more than $2,000 of medical bills out of pocket (37%), those losing two or more weeks of work because of injury or illness (30%), those currently disabled and unable to work (8%), and those who used their home equity to pay medical bills (13%). Altogether, seven in ten respondents (69%) reported at least one of these factors.

Source: papers.ssrn.com...

But don't be too concerned, I think there is an exclusion if your domicile has axles.

Regards. . . KK

[edit on 7-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This guy has an interesting story to tell about an encounter with DHS

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I just can't sit idly by and see your brand of ignorance go un-checked. It is actually closer to 69%

As usual, you are wrong.

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

The only part of that article which is relevant is this one:

unmanageable medical bills (23%)

It's 23% and NOT 69%. All the rest of the percentages are only claim that healthcare was partially responsible. How much is that part? Who knows. Hell, having to pay for car insurance and car notes could also partially contribute to having to forclose.

Another point: Perhaps some of these individuals should not have bought a house they knew they could not afford due to the Dem controlled congress pressuring the banks to make loans to people they knew could not afford the house.

Oh, and the poster originally stated 80%. So again I am correct. Even IF I were to accept your 69%, which I don't, I would again be right since it is not 80%.

Waiting for your apology.

KKK, you really need to stop arguing me because I always win. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I remember watching that special on ABC.

The one thing that stood out the most to me was how Obama was acting like he was having soooooo much fun!

Going out for hamburgers, bringing back bags of burgers for his little party, chatting with his jean clad wife ,,,,,,sickening!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

KKK, you really need to stop arguing me because I always win. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Winning?
Is that what this is to you? This is not a Zero sum game.

But since you are keeping score. Did you not claim TWICE in this thread that Palin was going to lead GOP and were TWICE proven wrong.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is ignorance truly bliss?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
chatting with his jean clad wife ,,,,,,sickening!

Oh noes, jeans? In the Whitehouse? Were they "Mom" brand?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Can you blame them for shutting them out? Have you seen the stunts these people are pulling infront of cameras? They're all zombies of Fox news and Rupert Murdochs propaganda machine.

HOW DARE CITIZENS SPEAK!!!

must suppress opposition...
must suppress opposition...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join