It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall

page: 6
34
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
There's a Revolution coming.

I have a feeling it will be quite a thorough one - thanks to information technology. We have their names, we have their faces, we have their addresses and we have the Constitution on our side.

Oh yeah, We're angry too.


[edit on 7-8-2009 by Exuberant1]


i hope your right. things have gone to far long before this point, but this is insane. althought i totally agree with the protesters i feel that even if i totally disagreed i wouldnt feel any diferent. we have a right to speak our mind in peacful protest.

and oh yeah, im angry as well




posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bill Press claims the protesters using tactics "from the nazi playbook" and Washington Post columnist says the GOP are "political terrorists".

Is anyone else starting to get uneasy?

www.courant.com...

...Taking a page right out of a Nazi playbook, organizers bus in professional protestors and arm them with instructions on how to take over meetings, shut down discussion, shout over any pro-health care reform speakers, and then post video of the resulting chaos on YouTube. It's mob rule, pure and simple.

Having encouraged viewers to show up, sympathetic anchors on Fox News then pretend these are "grassroots" protests springing up spontaneously across the country in opposition to President Obama's plans for health care reform. Nonsense. There's nothing spontaneous about them. They're not grassroots protests, they're "Astroturf" protests. Just look at who's paying the freight, who shows up and what orders they're given.


&

www.washingtonpost.com...

The recent attacks by Republican leaders and their ideological fellow-travelers on the effort to reform the health-care system have been so misleading, so disingenuous, that they could only spring from a cynical effort to gain partisan political advantage. By poisoning the political well, they've given up any pretense of being the loyal opposition. They've become political terrorists, willing to say or do anything to prevent the country from reaching a consensus on one of its most serious domestic problems.


You sir, have become a state propagandist.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
Bill Press claims the protesters using tactics "from the nazi playbook" and Washington Post columnist says the GOP are "political terrorists".

Is anyone else starting to get uneasy?

www.courant.com...

...Taking a page right out of a Nazi playbook, organizers bus in professional protestors and arm them with instructions on how to take over meetings, shut down discussion, shout over any pro-health care reform speakers, and then post video of the resulting chaos on YouTube. It's mob rule, pure and simple.

Having encouraged viewers to show up, sympathetic anchors on Fox News then pretend these are "grassroots" protests springing up spontaneously across the country in opposition to President Obama's plans for health care reform. Nonsense. There's nothing spontaneous about them. They're not grassroots protests, they're "Astroturf" protests. Just look at who's paying the freight, who shows up and what orders they're given.


&

www.washingtonpost.com...

The recent attacks by Republican leaders and their ideological fellow-travelers on the effort to reform the health-care system have been so misleading, so disingenuous, that they could only spring from a cynical effort to gain partisan political advantage. By poisoning the political well, they've given up any pretense of being the loyal opposition. They've become political terrorists, willing to say or do anything to prevent the country from reaching a consensus on one of its most serious domestic problems.


You sir, have become a state propagandist.


Take away the nazi analogies and other pejorative remarks, and he's still right.

This is the unofficial equivalent of voting in more than one precinct.

They are seeing the same folks show up at every town hall meeting, turning it into an unproductive protest.

It's one thing to show up to your local town hall and and say "Here is why I don't like the bill... what about this, and this, and this thing over here."

It's another, when you bus people in to several ( in Va it was 26) different townhalls, and have these multiples of people primed when to shout, etc in a way that is blatantly aimed at disruption and not constructive discourse.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome
 


Causing a what?? A "sceen"??....hahahaha....another genius drone....



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadyLawyer
 


You talking about birthers?




posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, well ... the compromised Press is on full view in the States doing their best as Obama's Ministry of Propaganda.

The throwing around of the word "Nazi" is deeply upsetting to me. The first to hurl the insult was Speaker Pelosi with her crack that the protesters wore swastikas. In addition to all the other dreadful things she is doing as Speaker, she also wins the "Poured Gasoline on Fire" award.

Since I live at a distance from these events what I have observed as that there is an elite in the USA that has control of the Democrat Party and previously had control of the Republican White House. This elite without a name are the ones playing from the Nazi playbook and have been since the end of World War I.

There are Nazis involved in this, but not the neo-Nazi kind rather Nazis in a chain that goes back to Germany and involves names from Harriman to Bush. My observation is that the current occupant of the White House and his staff are rigourously applying bully tactics from both the Nazi and the Bolshevik playbooks.

Having spent time reading through this proposed Health Care Bill, I do not see how any genuine U.S. American could support it. It is as a piece of legislation like the Great Octopus of Death with tentacles everywhere sucking the life out of the people of the USA.

One can be for health care for all people (as I certainly am) and also reject the so called "Obamacare". The Union thuggery and Chicago bully-stylebook being employed will only throw sticks of dynamite into the fire.

It is a pity that U.S. Americans do not have a method of recalling Members of Congress or the President. It is so sad to see the USA coming unraveled like the Weimar Republic.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly
 


The Obamatrons need to place blame on 'someone' or 'something'.

How do you demonize a housewife carrying a baby?

How do you demonize mostly older folks worried about diminished care?

The list goes on... Whats great about these YouTube videos is that they show the average Americans have put down the remote control and have ventured out attempting to be heard. \o/

They all have the similar goals and ideas on Health Care... How can demonize them except by calling them a 'mob' ... not just any mob...

A GOP.MOB!

Now that's evil! LOL We've all seen the picture of the last GOP.JOKER.

Common sense will win. Or heads will roll.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


Peanuts?

Your just insulting.

Take your ill mannored comments someplace else.

Your a real piece of ................work.........
How arrogant. Just like your mighty Prez...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by j2000]



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin
 


We might or might not know their name, but we now know their main Tool.

The Apollo Alliance. Of course our mighty media would not touch that with a ten foot pole. Well except Glenn Beck........



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The sleeping giant is awakening.... once again.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 


Members, do NOT edit Moderator edits.




[edit on 8/7/2009 by semperfortis]



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


Wow, bravo Hunka.

ACORN strikes again!



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
reply to post by Wimbly
 


The Obamatrons need to place blame on 'someone' or 'something'.

How do you demonize a housewife carrying a baby?



I'm guessing the same way the right demonized mothers against the war, or country music stars who speak their mind at their own concerts, or anyone who was against the Iraq war.

I think you and I and everyone else just need to wake up to the fact, that climates completely flip upside down when power changes hands in this country.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Maybe if you lunatics would act like respectable adults you would be allowed in but instead you whine and bitch like stupid children. These opinions are not your own, most of you have been hired to act like thugs and lunatics so don't start crying foul.

80% of foreclosures are due to health care costs, and most of these people are insured. So according to you, you would rather lose everything you own and die from a treatable disease for what exactly? Because it is the GOP way? You people are sick in the head.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by DraconianKing]



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wonder how long it may be before organized Union lackeys are attempting to disrupt threads such as these with off topic 'birther' videos, etc.

On a more on topic note: any stifling of dissent is always a bad thing and can only lead to an escalation of differences.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
reply to post by Wimbly
 


The Obamatrons need to place blame on 'someone' or 'something'.

How do you demonize a housewife carrying a baby?



I'm guessing the same way the right demonized mothers against the war, or country music stars who speak their mind at their own concerts, or anyone who was against the Iraq war.

I think you and I and everyone else just need to wake up to the fact, that climates completely flip upside down when power changes hands in this country.


I guess you love being part of the problem instead of the cure.
Try going to the middle once a week if you can.
You just don't get the fact or like the fact that all of this anger is from the middle, not the right.
The Republicans are just sitting there doing nothing.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
I wonder how long it may be before organized Union lackeys are attempting to disrupt threads such as these with off topic 'birther' videos, etc.

On a more on topic note: any stifling of dissent is always a bad thing and can only lead to an escalation of differences.


Oh, so the right finally got that message?

About time eh?

I wonder if they will remember that when their guy is in office next.

Whadda you think?



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Hopefully it will be the citizens taking back the house and the senate in 2010.

The Republicans simply create problems the Democrats pretend they can solve. The Democrats simply create problems the Republicans pretend to solve.

Nothing has gotten better in America under either dysfunctional party.

Both have employed shameless and unconstitutional tactics.

Here is a novel idea, since America is now wired to Internet and Cellular Phones, let the people start representing themselves.

Let the people vote on each issue and weigh in on each issue and watch how fast Special Interest gets out of government and out of the government's budget.

Want to see the deficit reduced, sensible legislation, laws that work for the citizens instead of the corporations...stop electing corruptable congress people.

Stop engaging in a two party divide and conquer identity system.

Make people actually aware of government by allowing them to function as the government by a majority rule based on the actual people instead of corrupt politicians and media moguls, corporations and special interests groups.

The technology exists and it's probably the only way we are ever going to be rid of the edemic corruption in Congress and the Body Politic.



We have a 2 party system.
At least the Republicans didn't try to throw old people under the bus.
Sarah Palin is your best bet right now.
Go Sarah!



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Maybe if you lunatics would act like respectable adults you would be allowed in but instead you whine and bitch like stupid children. These opinions are not your own, most of you have been hired to act like thugs and lunatics so don't start crying foul.

80% of foreclosures are due to health care costs, and most of these people are insured. So according to you, you would rather lose everything you own and die from a treatable disease for what exactly? Because it is the GOP way? You people are sick in the head.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by DraconianKing]


See this is my entire point.

Go to YOUR town hall, and voice YOUR opinion in a manner that isn't marked by yelling and screaming. No one is going to shut down civil discourse, but when people try to SHOUT down the very people they are asking questions of... it's juvenile.



posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000
 


The anger is coming from the middle? Where did you hear that? on FOX?

Please show me something non Foxish which says this.

I'm very interested in the evidence you have of this claim.



new topics

top topics



 
34
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

log in

join