It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opponents of ObamaCare Shut Out in Tampa Townhall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Frankly, I think that is evasive and off topic, friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Maybe if you lunatics would act like respectable adults you would be allowed in but instead you whine and bitch like stupid children.

Translation: Sit down and shut up and allow us to tell you what is best for you.

I bet you believe all the liberal war protests, people throwing pies at guest speakers and tearing down signs on the stage platform is ok because they were 'real' americans expressing their opinion right?

80% of foreclosures are due to health care costs

Sorry, but I just had to laugh.

Where did you get that from......"Libroid.com"

Care to provide proof or should we just believe the garbage you are spewing.

You people are sick in the head.

It's not conservatives libroid.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0af50fd6f792.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

isn't that what you are trying to do right now? derail this thread by trying to enrage everyone?

what do you like best about this obamacare plan that you support so fervently?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
isn't that what you are trying to do right now? derail this thread by trying to enrage everyone?

No, this entire tactic by the dem's and liberals regarding calling protesters mob's and nazi's is nothing but a scheme to divert attention from what is actually in the bill because there is no way to defend the contents.

Support for the bill was dropping fast because the content of the bill was being discussed so they decided to change the subject as to not actually discuss the bill itself.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Clark Savage Jr.

It was rather on topic. You are blaming the left for the same tactics the right exhibited during the last admin.

As long as your stance is that this is somehow different, then it is very on topic.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

No, this entire tactic by the dem's and liberals regarding calling protesters mob's and nazi's

Excuse me but It's not exclusive to dems... Orly Taitz (whatever she is) also said this, and the term Brown Shirts was thrown around a lot on the Obama BC thread.

So don't act like this is a liberal tactic.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

It was rather on topic. You are blaming the left for the same tactics the right exhibited during the last admin.

As long as your stance is that this is somehow different, then it is very on topic.

My stance is clear. I think the stifling of dissent is wrong and anti-American.

What is your stance?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

How many years can you people blame the retard Bush?
The health care bill is crap, I am not paid by anyone to say that. I go to the town hall meeting but my Rep could not answer my questions regarding the bill.

The President himself cannot answer questions about the bill. There needs to be reform, but why did he want it rammed through so quickly? Hiding more crap just like the bail outs. HUGE bill gotta get it through before those mentally handicapped American citizens read it!! HURRY HURRY!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Orly Taitz (whatever she is) also said this

Who? Why should I care what this person said?

This person is a nobody so I don't see your point.

and the term Brown Shirts was thrown around a lot on the Obama BC thread.

Huh? You do realize this is NOT the BC thread right?

You are making no sense.

Of course it is. Ovomit himself called on his dogs. What more proof do you need?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

what do you like best about this obamacare plan that you support so fervently?

Not at all, I'm simply responding to anyone who responds to me. Rather civil I would think. Better than ignoring them.

What I like about Obamacare is that it address the following issues:

1. Insurers can't deny claims, even though the customer has paid all their premiums.
2. Insurers won't spend as much money trying to deny claims, meaning more actual profit for Insurance companies
3. Prior conditions would no longer be used to disqualify coverage

and the most important of all

The health care industry can become more competitive reducing the cost I pay as a business owner for my employees.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Orly Taitz (whatever she is) also said this

Who? Why should I care what this person said?

This person is a nobody so I don't see your point.

and the term Brown Shirts was thrown around a lot on the Obama BC thread.

Huh? You do realize this is NOT the BC thread right?

You are making no sense.

Of course it is. Ovomit himself called on his dogs. What more proof do you need?

None really... you just proved my point.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

None really

That's what I thought. No point!

you just proved my point.

Ok, if you say so.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom

How many years can you people blame the retard Bush?

I'm not blaming Bush for anything... I'm simply saying that the folks on the right have no authority to blame anyone for using any kind of tactics given the wide use of suppression tactics displayed during the bush admin.

NOT TO MENTION THE LAST CAMPAIGN!

That's all... I'm not saying it's right, I'm simply pointing out that you can't have it both ways.

You should simply say "Well... yeah, that's what we did to y'all..."

I'm not saying don't hate the health care bill... go right ahead and hate on it... I'm just saying you have not one leg to stand on hating on these political tactics you think are despicable.

It's simply sour grapes.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
Can you blame them for shutting them out? Have you seen the stunts these people are pulling infront of cameras? They're all zombies of Fox news and Rupert Murdochs propaganda machine.

That is about the most asinine statement I've read recently. This type of retoric is exactly why there seems to be no middle ground to be reached. To cast everyone who disagrees with your outlook in an undesirable light,is infantile at best.

The last I heard EVERYONE had the right to voice their opinion. You might do well to take Voltaire's words to heart. I may not agree with what you say,but I will defend to my death your right to say it.

I for one am proud to see people from both sides of the issues coming forth,and voicing their opinion. That is how a free Republic is supposed to work.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I think you argue from an emotional rather than a logical stance. Maybe last nights CNN reporting of a poor report card has you feeling down a bit.

On topic as much as possible, let me simply ask:

Do you personally feel that these 'suppression tactics'(your exact term) being used regarding this matter are wrong as an American citizen? Its a simple yes or no question.

If the answer is 'yes' then you are preaching to the choir.

If the answer is 'no' then why worry that they were used ,in your opinion, in the past?

This isnt situational, and to deflect is just dodging the issue.

Yes or no, then?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.
I think you argue from an emotional rather than a logical stance. Maybe last nights CNN reporting of a poor report card has you feeling down a bit.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Most who are against the protesters are having a knee-jerk emotional response without doing any critical thinking of the situation. They follow blindly whatever their handlers tell them to do or say.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

On topic as much as possible, let me simply ask:

Do you personally feel that these 'suppression tactics'(your exact term) being used regarding this matter are wrong as an American citizen? Its a simple yes or no question.

I believe suppression tactics are wrong all around. I think busing people to town halls is unscrupulous, I think sending out memos specifically stating how to disrupt the town hall is unscrupulous as well.

And I also think calling people who do these unscrupulous things pejoratives such as nazi or brown shirt (those have been used by all sides recently), is unscrupulous as too.

It's one thing to organize people to go to campaign stops etc and ask questions from a perspective that you actually want an answer, it's a completely different thing to simply aim to disrupt the town halls.

It's no short of an attempt to wag the dog in my mind. If people are angry, what are they angry about? Something the media told them to be angry about? Or something they are actually angry about?

If you have something that you are actually angry about and was not something FOX told you to be angry about, then go to YOUR local town hall and voice YOUR opinion.

But to get on buses? My word .... And to the dems who are calling these unscrupulous people names... well that's pretty nasty as well...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Most who are against the protesters are having a knee-jerk emotional response without doing any critical thinking of the situation. They follow blindly whatever their handlers tell them to do or say.

I love how you espouse the virtues of critical thinking except when it is asked of you.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I love how you espouse the virtues of critical thinking except when it is asked of you.

You are entitled to your wrong opinion but you just proved my point.

Another emotional knee-jerk outburst.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
Well, well ... the compromised Press is on full view in the States doing their best as Obama's Ministry of Propaganda.

The throwing around of the word "Nazi" is deeply upsetting to me. The first to hurl the insult was Speaker Pelosi with her crack that the protesters wore swastikas.

That's not true.

Actually the phrase brown shirts was being thrown around by Orly Taitz on Monday, so I think it's safe to say that everyone is guilty at this point of throwing that around.

You may only accurately speak for yourself. I for one will accept your apology once you have enough self-respect to admit your guilt, not some un-named other's hypothetical guilt.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join