It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You can think I drink and drive if you want. The opinion of a habitual criminal doesn't bother me at all. You accused me and I answered honestly.

Nice of you to throw out baseless accusations though.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yes yes, I have had a speeding ticket or two. I am a hypocrite. I am a criminal.

I endanger the lives of others for going 5 mph over the speed limit in a 35 or a 45 inside a small town.

I should be locked up for the rest of my life. How can I be such a hypocrite, please for my mental well being accept my apologies for labeling you and for possibly putting your life in danger as I used to live in the Yuma area and could have passed you.

edit to add- I would have hauled your sorry butt to jail for transporting a controlled substance across state lines. To bad I passed the chance to have been a border patrol agent. I would have loved talking to you about sea world while you were on your way to jail.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by jd140]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Thanks for advice, and the very well presented post. I understand what you're saying about the bigger fish, this is just a preview i guess. Reading this thread illustrates that alot of people would readily "step into the showers".

Well, I think it's laudable that you've turned a negative personal experience into a rather lively discussion. Many of the people admonishing you to "move on" are doing it with more gusto than I think is reasonable considering that it's human nature to defend yourself stoically against a hail of judgement. Don't take it personally. It can't be that personal. None of us here truly know you. Hopefully it is interesting an educational, though.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by 27jd

You can think I drink and drive if you want. The opinion of a habitual criminal doesn't bother me at all. You accused me and I answered honestly.

Nice of you to throw out baseless accusations though.

Hrm. No reason to respond to an unfounded accusation with an ad hominem. Why don't you just point out that you do not indeed engage in that behavior, minus the personal attack? Also, until recently, being gay in India made one a "habitual criminal", which takes some of the sting out of that particular pejorative, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Do you have some sort of cognitive issue that causes you to repeat the same nonsense, over and over again? Is your memory just screwed up from all the brainwashing? Oh yeah, i forgot you're junk sick, fresh off the chewing tobacco. Well, you're still spitting crap out of your mouth, just onto the keyboard instead of in a spitoon.

I was arrested. You do not have to be taken to jail, to be placed under arrest. I'm not lying. If i was going to lie, why wouldn't i say they tazed me too, or were at least extremely rude to me? They were polite and professional, and one joked with me about how Sea World sucks now because they don't give out free beer anymore. I do not blame ANYBODY but myself for MY situation, BUT the running of dogs by EVERY car up the line to the checkpoint itself, is what I feel is unconstitutional within our borders. But you're far too ignorant to ever let yourself see that point.

Liar says what?

I find it funny that a drugged out criminal has the stones to call me junk sick.

I also find it funny that you think its unconstitutional that they run dogs by every car. I guess it would be alright if they ran the dogs by every other car, as long as they skipped you right?

I also find it funny that even though your Constitutional rights were being violated (according to you) you joked and laugh with them about beer at Sea World.

Don't ask me why you wouldn't lie about being tasered. You are the habitual criminal, who knows how you think. Maybe you are a habitual liar too?

You keep calling the guy a liar. However your insistence that he is lying because he wasn't taken to jail only shows your ignorance. I am not trying to be rude however you are clearly ignorant of what it means to be "arrested". If you are going to be intentionally antagonistic at the very least educate yourself first.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
You keep calling the guy a liar. However your insistence that he is lying because he wasn't taken to jail only shows your ignorance. I am not trying to be rude however you are clearly ignorant of what it means to be "arrested". If you are going to be intentionally antagonistic at the very least educate yourself first.

No kidding. Your signature has an ironic connection to the tension between you and your opponent.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

I'm not sure if it is ironic however many individuals on this thread certainly fit the description.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I would have loved talking to you about sea world while you were on your way to jail.

I just bet you would have, tiger.

Again, I must point out to the other members that jd140 is a U.S. soldier, his contempt for a fellow american based on a minor infraction of the law and eagerness to abuse a position of power should be a HUGE wake up call to anybody with a brain.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yes I am a US soldier.

I'm the boogey man that will come for you in the middle of the night.

I'm the bad guy who will open fire on US civilians if told to do so by my superiors.

I'm the brainwashed robot who doesn't question orders.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I know. That's what I was alluding to, lol. Thanks for the honesty, that statement i believe. A little contraband and we're no longer americans, we might as well be iraqis in your eyes...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
If this had happened to you back when me and my friends were having a good time - - you'd probably still be in Federal Prison.

Serious, it was that bad? That's honestly the first time I've ever heard that from anybody from that generation.

This was for simple possession. Didn't want you to think I just made it up - even though I exaggerated just a bit.

The marijuana laws covering most of the first eight-year (1960-67) period of this study were established in 1961. Simple possession of any amount of marijuana drew a minimum 1-10 years in prison, with no parole until a year had been served. An offender with any prior felony conviction got 2-20 years, and with two priors five years to life in prison.

prison.www.druglibrary.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
First border patrol job is not only tp stop illegals like you think.There job involves allot more than just catching illegals here is a typical day for the border patrol based off 2008 stats!
In one day they have:
2,796 apprehensions at and in between the ports of entry for illegal entry
614 refusals of entry at our ports of entry
73 arrests of criminals at ports of entry

Intercepted:
76 fraudulent documents
1 for terrorism related/national security concerns

Seized:
7,621 pounds of drugs
$295,829 in undeclared or illicit currency
4,125 prohibited meat, plant materials or animal products, including:
435 agricultural pests at ports of entry
Rescued :
3 illegal crossers in distress or dangerous conditions between ports of entry

So the big bad border patrol seems its the first line of defense to keep all kinds of nasty things from happening to citizens.

Now i know you believe you were arrested you were not you were detained and fined this happens every day when police stop you for speeding first they detain you then right you a ticket. If you had been arrested a federal Marshall or state police would have been called you would have been taken in for booking and would have had to post bail.This would have cost you considerably more than a ticket since you probably would cal a bails bonds man and they charge 10 percent of the bail.There would have been jail time involved since they decided to prosecute.Believe me there is people convicted of drugs that get huge amounts of time in jail. Consider yourself lucky it didn't go as far as it could have and they didn't consider you important enough to go after.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I was read my miranda rights by a deputized BP agent, otherwise they would have had to call out the local law enforcement, but they can't because of the sheer volume of busts at that checkpoint. I agree though that it is nothing like if i had been arrested by the highway patrol, at this checkpoint it is simply a formality. But you are read your miranda rights. That means you are under arrest. As for all the stats you listed, those are from ports of entry into the U.S., this is a checkpoint deep within the U.S.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I was read my miranda rights by a deputized BP agent, otherwise they would have had to call out the local law enforcement, but they can't because of the sheer volume of busts at that checkpoint. I agree though that it is nothing like if i had been arrested by the highway patrol, at this checkpoint it is simply a formality. But you are read your miranda rights. That means you are under arrest. As for all the stats you listed, those are from ports of entry into the U.S., this is a checkpoint deep within the U.S.

You watch to many movies reading you your rights is done before questioning a suspect that doesnt mean your under arrest. You could be called to a police investigation they read you miranda before they start questiong you.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Wow, those were some stiff sentences back then, jeez. As far as punishment is concerned, at least we're moving forward a little in this day and age. That still doesn't take away from the fact that the checkpoint is unconstitutional, IMO.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

No, they don't read you your rights if you are merely a witness in a police investigation. Only if a suspect is placed under arrest, or a "custodial situation", meaning you are not free to leave if you wish to do so.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

No, they don't read you your rights if you are merely a witness in a police investigation. Only if a suspect is placed under arrest, or a "custodial situation", meaning you are not free to leave if you wish to do so.

Wrong if you are a suspect and they wish to speak with you they will read Miranda heres something you don't know Miranda is not a requirement to be arrested. The supreme court decided its not a requirement to read Miranda rights to an individual this is a movie myth. You can be arrested without being read your rights and its still a valid arrest.During questioning they will read Miranda most of the time because it gets around the fact they do have to advise you your waiving council.

The reason they read you Miranda was simply they didn't want to advise you that you just waived your rights to an attorney being present. You could have requested an attorney present and they would have had to set up a court docket for you. Apparently you were unaware of this huh?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Some estimates state that their are over 20,000,000 individuals residing in this Country illegally with a possible 4,000,000 entering each year. And they caught a little over 3,000 out 4,000,000! That is less than .09%. American Citizens are being detained for that! And you believe that you are going to convince anyone of the necessity or effectiveness of such measures.

If you support these measures then what rights would you support being removed for effective measures?

[edit on 7-8-2009 by harvib]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Wrong if you are a suspect and they wish to speak with you they will read Miranda heres something you don't know Miranda is not a requirement to be arrested.

I thought you were saying that if you are questioned regarding an investigation you're not suspected in, they still read them.

You could have requested an attorney present and they would have had to set up a court docket for you. Apparently you were unaware of this huh?

They set up a court date for me right there in the trailer, what happens in Yuma county is not something that happens anywhere else. A previous poster had some very good info on the process there, it's extremely streamlined and purely in place for the revenue it has created. Your court appearance is with 30 other people, and if you give them the money they are after, you walk away with the case dismissed across the board. I'm sure those busted elsewhere wish that was the case everywhere in the U.S., but it's not, just this one county, in the state with the harshest drug laws of them all. It's really odd when you think about it. But the leniency still doesn't change the fact that it goes against our rights under the constitution.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

First off thats one day not an entire year read a little better next time! That means they caught 1,271,295. I dont know about you but thats alot of people. And ypur facts are wrong -- Our best estimate is that the illegal population declined 13.7 percent (1.7 million) from a peak of 12.5 million in the summer of 2007 to 10.8 million in the first quarter of 2009.
So guess what apparently the fenses and border patrol must be doing something right!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join