It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
The worst thing about this? I've shown how stupid I can be wasting my time replying to a fourteen year old with no sense and concept of understanding coherent words/sentences.

You were actually responding to a U.S. soldier, believe it or not. One who a couple pages back stated the constitution can be ignored for the sake of public safety, creepy huh?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

You still have a nice country to visit. After getting closer to nature my beliefs are that no one should travel anywhere they cant walk to. This need to "see the world" only leads to less love for your local area. Less love for local, only leads to an easier acceptance of globalization. Remove the community and its easier to instill global practices at the expense of local culture and agriculture. (that's a thread for a different day)

The ball has already been dropped, this has nothing to do with a country being Nazi sympathizers and everything to do with certain fruits becoming forbidden thousands of years ago. (that's also a thread for another day)

I say the intended direction of this thread can't even begin to unravel until certain hangups with natural plants be abolished. Due to the fact the T&C directly forbids any semblance of (natural plant) discussion we can't even begin to address the removal of certain freedoms in the name of security.

That's why this is the perfect way for them to get their foot in the door, the knee-jerk illogical bunch think nothing of it, due to their indoctrinated mind thinking it has nothing to do with their freedoms and it only affecting the "stoners".

Its a slippery slope that began thousands of years ago and it will soon end when our disconnect from nature finishes its course over the next few years.

“I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?”

- Willie Nelson

Only a disconnected man can believe that man has the right over god/nature to dictate what can and can't be consumed.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
They are doing this to quell mexican drug cartels from smuggling into the states, sucks you got caught with your stash though

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
lemme get this straight.

you got busted in a spot check and you're complaining about it?

Here's a clue, don't break the law and you'll have no worries from troopers or bp folks.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is this the kind of hypocrisy you were alluding to 27jd?

Skeptic Overlord in regards to drug discussion at ATS; "But as a rancher... if you encounter one animal with mad cow, the entire herd must be disposed. Or, a chicken farmer discovering avian flu... the entire flock goes.

The issue here goes back to the porch lamp metaphor... as long as the lamp (drug discussion) stays on, moths (stoners) will arrive and seek to opine on personal use. It's like discovering that you keep getting those rotten apples from a certain tree.."

And from his own Member Profile "Stuff I Like : Dark Belgian beer, amber Belgian beer, light Belgian beer. Okay, and maybe some English and Scottish beer.. Stuff I don't like " Weak american beers..."

Disregard the fact hes equating people that consume natural plants as "mad cows" or "sick chickens and rotten apples". The main point is the hypocrisy that is rampant on this site (and all over the world) from the top to the bottom.

Makes me a bit sick.

Edited to add - I do agree with him on his taste of beers though, you cant beat a nice dark Belgian beer.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by UniversalTraveller]

[edit on 6-8-2009 by UniversalTraveller]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by essj420

They are doing this to quell mexican drug cartels from smuggling into the states, sucks you got caught with your stash though

-----------------------------------------
????

Are you kidding me? This only gives the drug smugglers more incentive to traffic there goods. The added risk for trafficking gets tacked on to the price of the product.. A higher priced product is good for business. Hence the reason why the cartels have always padded the pockets of lawmakers.

They love these kind of actions.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Your welcome bud, don't let these brainwashed automatons get you down either. They all talk like they know what's up but they have NO CLUE about this ONE particular CP.

Paroxysm - This one CP in this one county although PHYSICALLY MANNED by Federal BORDER Patrol Agents (not boarder) they are ACTUALLY Deputized as COUNTY Sheriffs, so to the person who said they "could have" called the local law enforcement..no...no they could not. They ARE local law enforcement.

Next YES in this ONE COUNTY in AZ for this ONE CHECKPOINT the charge of "Marijuana Posession" or as it turns out in over zealous AZ "Posession Of Paraphanelia" which is ANYTHING they want it to be..it has been REDUCED to a Misdemeanor and if you pay your fine even lower to a "Case Dismissed" (will be your ultimate outcome if you pay your fine on time).

They HAD TO do this for this area due to the MASSIVE numbers of people..this counties jail would be RIDICULOUSLY OVERPOPULATED. So they've reduced it into a PURE revenue stream.

OP - Seriously DO NOT Sweat this it will be SO minor when you go to Wellton court, so Mayberry small town and EVERYONE was so truly nice.
Like I said she'll tell you your all charged the same, the Asst DA person will talk to you all tell you what the charges mean. She'll come back ask how you plead..and that's it. You pay your fine you send the paperwork to the judge they change the outcome of your "case" to.."Dismissed".

To the naysayers PLEASE do explain to me how this is not a pure revenue stream . Especially knowing that two states that border AZ have laws for compassionate use of Medicinal MJ? -
Yes the "Federal/local" loophole...nothing to see here.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by mrroqout]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrroqout

Its a blatant revenue stream.. The fact that they've expedited the ticketing/arrest methods to accommodate the increased amount of "lawbreakers" says it all.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by essj420

The cartels are well aware of that checkpoint, so it has ZERO effect on them. It's a high priced toll booth, nothing more, IMO. And a violation of our constitutional rights.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Border Patrol K-9 Detects Marijuana at Arizona Checkpoint

Tucson, Ariz. - The operational success of the Tucson sector’s traffic checkpoints is augmented by the use of U.S. Border Patrol canines that have the ability to detect what agents cannot see.

Agents from the Border Patrol’s Nogales Station working the immigration checkpoint on Interstate 19 referred a 1991 Chevrolet pick-up truck out of the primary lane of inspection to secondary for further examination. When agents approached the vehicle the driver sped away. The vehicle was later found abandoned near kilometer post 46 on the Interstate 19 median.

A subsequent alert by a Border Patrol canine and a search of the vehicle revealed a hidden compartment containing approximately 226 pounds of marijuana with an estimated value of $180,800.00.

Tucson Sector agents continue to interdict narcotics and stop illegal activity supported by checkpoints, proving the effectiveness of the Border Patrol’s “Defense in Depth Strategy”. In Fiscal Year 2008, Tucson Sector agents seized more than 51,000 pounds of marijuana worth an estimated $40 million, 264 pounds of coc aine worth an estimated $8 million and 64 ounces of heroin worth an estimated $320,000. These seizures occurred at the operational checkpoints within Tucson Sector.

Border patrol are doing there jobs and you think your special and above the law. Sorry your not.

I remind you of a earlier post I did this is from June so the cartels seem to be getting busted by the checkpoint.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
reply to post by essj420

The cartels are well aware of that checkpoint, so it has ZERO effect on them. It's a high priced toll booth, nothing more, IMO. And a violation of our constitutional rights.

Yeah right!

Here is how it works. The drug cartels set up a safe house in America. They kidnap a Mexican family member - forcing another member to drive a small amount over the border. The small amounts are collected and transferred to the safe house. The MAJOR trafficking is in the states is on state highways - - using American vehicles and probably American citizens.

The violence has escalated to the degree - it is now affecting the average citizen. If it was off in some dark corner like it used to be - I wouldn't care - - but its not anymore.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

If it was off in some dark corner like it used to be - I wouldn't care - - but its not anymore.

---------------------

Open your eyes, its not off in a dark corner because they increased the risk of trafficking by erecting said roadblocks (and other ridiculously aggressive invasive measures). Increased risk means increased price. Increased price means "lets move more product". Its the ultimate get rich quick scheme in a country that worships "getting rich quick".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The majority of pot smoked in america doesn't come from Mexico either.. That's a myth that you've obviously bought hook line and sinker.

As I said previously; the increased risk made it more viable for the average law abiding Joe to say "Hmm maybe I should start a grow op in my basement, Its easy to grow these natural plants and I can sell them for 1000X what it cost me to grow them"..

Weed is my countries (Canada) 3rd largest export. Its gotten to be this large because "OF THE INCREASED RISK OF TRAFFICKING BECAUSE OF THESE RIDICULOUS MEASURES"..

Please take some time to think Annee before you post such drivel.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalTraveller
reply to post by Annee

The majority of pot smoked in america doesn't come from Mexico either.. That's a myth that you've obviously bought hook line and sinker.

As I said previously; the increased risk made it more viable for the average law abiding Joe to say "Hmm maybe I should start a grow op in my basement, Its easy to grow these natural plants and I can sell them for 1000X what it cost me to grow them"..

Weed is my countries (Canada) 3rd largest export. Its gotten to be this large because "OF THE INCREASED RISK OF TRAFFICKING BECAUSE OF THESE RIDICULOUS MEASURES"..

Please take some time to think Annee before you post such drivel.

Read my earlier posts. Why are we being "controlled" to focus on the southern border?

I brought up the Canadian border - - according to another poster I don't know what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I don't "deal" in myths. I live on the southern border.

And yes - when a crack down happens in one area - - the traffickers move to another area. Canada's border is extremely long - porous - and unchecked.

Higher end drugs are coming into New York from South East Canada.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Annee]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There's very little going over either border. It makes more sense to grow and sell within your state/province than to face the risk of a border crossing search.

Don't get me wrong, lots still goes over the border. The risk is so great that the price can be jacked up huge. And when a border crossing is done, it is done with extremely large quantities to make the risk "worthwhile".

The product being shipped over the mexican border is Cocaine and the markup for Cocaine is so ridiculously high that even if they had every member of the national guard standing on the border with bazookas the product would still be shipped (with a much higher markup and much higher incentive to traffic said product).

I guess its counter-intuitive to some, it always takes two to tango and the more they try and fight this losing war, the more "we the people" lose.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

"Higher end drugs are coming into New York from South East Canada. "

Do you have proof for this?? Higher end drugs are everywhere, you just think its coming in from "such and such area" because "such and such area" just had a bunch of cops tooting there horn about "such and such bust".

Thats like the neutrino detector in Sudbury detecting a neutrino and coming to the conclusion that the only neutrinos in our universe are in Sudbury.

Give your head a shake.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The type of people who reply "you got busted with something illegal, deal with it" are the exact reason why the government can further intrude on the rights of citizens.

You have this nonchalant "I have nothing to hide, go ahead and search me." attitude which is okay until the government starts taking more and more things away from you. They will make something illegal that you covet and soon your opinions will change.

Stop being passive sheep and see this for what it is, ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

There's very little going over either border. It makes more sense to grow and sell within your state/province than to face the risk of a border crossing search.

Don't get me wrong, lots still goes over the border. The risk is so great that the price can be jacked up huge. And when a border crossing is done, it is done with extremely large quantities to make the risk "worthwhile".

I am choosing not to be too detailed. I am just an average citizen - living on the border - but of course - these discussions are every day in my neck of the woods.

And of course everyone knows Bourbon is the #1 export of Kentucky.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
FFS! I cannot believe how many people just love to post and spew their (lame) opinions without reading all of the facts.

OP, I read the article......and I get your point. It's a very disturbing state of affairs and I am extremely angered. The gov't just keeps creating more and more b/s to line their pockets. Those officers should have been released from duty, not moved to harass natural citizens, simply to generate more revenue. It makes me sick.

The fact that the OP got busted with something is irrelevant. The issue is the mere fact that he was stopped (without cause) to begin with!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join