It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I, a U.S. citizen, was arrested by a U.S. Border Patrol Agent today

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Annee
You never answered my previous question - did they ask if they could search your car?

Again, i've passed them before, but they never had dogs running the line and sniffing every car, ever. If you looked suspect, they would have you pull to the side, THEN they might bring a dog. Dogs were never used in this manner before at that checkpoint. I hope you're not REALLY as dense as you seem. And a dog hit constitutes probable cause, they are deputized, they don't need to ask permission. My adrenaline was a bit high, but i do not remember being asked consent, they told me the dog signal gives them the right to search.

Thank you for clarifying.

Dude - as a LA California native born and bred - - coming of age along the California sea coast in the mid 60s. I am hardly naive or dense.

I have seen and experienced many changes and attitudes in this country in my life time.

I am sure many of us have experienced latent or relaxed laws - - that became activated because of a complaint - event - or new funding.

I am sure most of us knew we were getting away with something. I would bet most of us would be amused that we got away with it for as long as we did.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IdentityGhost

I agree, I was acting carelessly. Never again. About moving to cali, i have family there and i've always wanted to live near the ocean. This has just motivated me to try and make it happen. Right now i'm couped up indoors, the air outside where i live is just a step below fire. Hard to be close to mother earth this time of year, or i'd be in the creeks searching for gold. The rest of the year here is pretty nice though, but i still prefer a marine environment to a desert one. That and this is a police state, lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Got away with it? You probably didn't get away with anything but a good time with your friends. But because we live in a now heavily policed society, we are told by the masters how we must spend our free time in order to make money for their buddies and get kickbacks. You said yourself you can see the possibility that the NWO could be manipulating the drug war, and all the violence, to suit their purposes. They're the ones who are getting away with something wrong, i just can't understand why you seem to just accept it willingly.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Got away with it? You probably didn't get away with anything but a good time with your friends. But because we live in a now heavily policed society, we are told by the masters how we must spend our free time in order to make money for their buddies and get kickbacks.

If this had happened to you back when me and my friends were having a good time - - you'd probably still be in Federal Prison.

I am in Redondo Beach CA at the moment - - near where I grew up. But - I have lived in southern Arizona for 15 years. I am very much aware of the Pros and Cons of both places. And YES! Each has its Pros and Cons.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
If this had happened to you back when me and my friends were having a good time - - you'd probably still be in Federal Prison.

Serious, it was that bad? That's honestly the first time I've ever heard that from anybody from that generation.

I am very much aware of the Pros and Cons of both places. And YES! Each has its Pros and Cons.

Well, that's kind of a given, i know the cost of living there is high, and there are earthquakes, but other than that i'd say it's better than here, where it's almost 120 degrees outside, i was born here, and you don't get used to it, that's a myth. Oh yeah and we're just as broke as cali budgetwise.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It seems like most of people who wrote something on this thread have something against drugs and would probably have agreed with you if you'd have got caught with something else.

I personally have nothing against marijuana (WOOT), but I too disagree with your "cause".

If the dog jumped on your car, then already there, they have a good reason to search your vehicle.

If they find something, there's a big line up waiting to cross, so they just can't say " Oh that's just a quarter, I thought you had couple pounds boy, go ahead!"...

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Do you have some sort of cognitive issue that causes you to repeat the same nonsense, over and over again? Is your memory just screwed up from all the brainwashing? Oh yeah, i forgot you're junk sick, fresh off the chewing tobacco. Well, you're still spitting crap out of your mouth, just onto the keyboard instead of in a spitoon.

I was arrested. You do not have to be taken to jail, to be placed under arrest. I'm not lying. If i was going to lie, why wouldn't i say they tazed me too, or were at least extremely rude to me? They were polite and professional, and one joked with me about how Sea World sucks now because they don't give out free beer anymore. I do not blame ANYBODY but myself for MY situation, BUT the running of dogs by EVERY car up the line to the checkpoint itself, is what I feel is unconstitutional within our borders. But you're far too ignorant to ever let yourself see that point.

Liar says what?

I find it funny that a drugged out criminal has the stones to call me junk sick.

I also find it funny that you think its unconstitutional that they run dogs by every car. I guess it would be alright if they ran the dogs by every other car, as long as they skipped you right?

I also find it funny that even though your Constitutional rights were being violated (according to you) you joked and laugh with them about beer at Sea World.

Don't ask me why you wouldn't lie about being tasered. You are the habitual criminal, who knows how you think. Maybe you are a habitual liar too?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deep Thoughts

Thank you for disagreeing in a civil manner. Like I said, I take responsibility for my situation, i was not wronged in being written the citation. What I believe is wrong, is the existence of the interstate K9 checkpoint itself, where a loophole geared to intercept illegal aliens is being abused, IMO. The aliens can't even cross there anymore, due to the new fencing. So they have basically created a new PRIMARY mission for the BP, in that county alone, a mission that gives them powers that are considered unconstitutional for the police to have.

Another strange thing i noticed, was that they don't cuff or even frisk you for weapons, they just ask you to follow them to the little trailer, and you have a seat while they fill out paperwork...it feels more like buying a car then being arrested. I appreciated the comfort level and trust, but it seems risky to be that lax.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Okay, whatever you say. I don't want to aggrevate you anymore, and cause you to kick your dog or something.

Maybe you should try a little nicotene gum, sunshine.

edit: as to why i laughed and joked with them, first they weren't dicks and were very respectful, and second it's drinkers, like yourself, that try and fight the police when you're already caught for whatever...i see no need to make it worse in the heat of the moment

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Okay, whatever you say. I don't want to aggrevate you anymore, and cause you to kick your dog or something.

I'm not aggrivated. I don't let habitual criminals who don't take responsibility for themselves aggrivated me.

You can pal around with those who agree with you all you want. It doesn't cahnge the fact that until it affected you it didn't bother you that they checked cars with dogs.

And just like all criminals you complained that your rights were violated. Why didn't you complain that your rights were being violated at the time, instead of joking about beer at Sea World not being free? Why wait until you were behind your keyboard to complain?

Atleast that crazy preacher guy stands up to the people who he thinks violates his rights. Whats your excuse?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

edit: as to why i laughed and joked with them, first they weren't dicks and were very respectful, and second it's drinkers, like yourself, that try and fight the police when you're already caught for whatever...i see no need to make it worse in the heat of the moment

Drinkers like myself?

I have never had a DUI and I have never driven after I had been drinking. Theres that liar in you showing its ugly head again.

I have never fought the police. If get a ticket I don't come onto ATS and bitch about it. I accept my wrong doings like a man.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Atleast that crazy preacher guy stands up to the people who he thinks violates his rights. Whats your excuse?

Because standing up that way NEVER works, and only results in stitches and a trip to jail. The obvious doesn't escape me, i was caught. No need to fight and make it worse, and the crazy preacher didn't have any drugs, and has alot better chances in court than i would.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IdentityGhost

Ahh the redneck stereotype.

This coming from a guy who has been here for less then 24 hours.

I could respond, but I think the best response to a person who believes Disney is evil is just to ignore you.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Funny that so many of us find the comments of others on this thread to be hair raising, but all for different reasons. I want to acknowledge that I am speaking more to the tone of the discussion following the OP than I am to the OP, as obviously the target has moved and we are all debating ancillary matters now.

A couple of thoughts:

* The argument that drug use should be illegal because of Mexican trafficking or Communists or any other such thing is a logical fallacy called begging the question. It's sort of like saying God exists because God created God and God said so. Some people call this circular logic. Without prohibition of drugs, there would be no economic impetus to smuggle them in from elsewhere. Thus, one cannot say that certain drugs ought to be illegal because they encourage other unsavory doings when those other unsavory doings exist because these drugs are illegal. Alcohol prohibition enthroned Al Capone.

* One cannot travel from the premise that an individual is willing to violate drug prohibition laws to the conclusion that they also do dangerous things such as driving intoxicated without some irrational leaps. This is a non-sequitur. There is no formal logic to suggest this argument holds any merit, particularly when we see that such bad behavior is a nearly universal human fault. People kill themselves and others behind the wheel with cell phones, hamburgers, and beer at least as often as they do because they are driving around with a narcotic.

* It seems a lot of arguments hinge on the notion that if something is illegal, it is therefore wrong in an overarching moral sense. This is similarly a non-sequitur logical fallacy. Were this true, it would follow that Germans resisting Hitler were behaving immorally in doing so simply because they were violating the laws of the land. Most of us are grownups and know that things are not so simple. St. Augustine said "An unjust law is no law at all." He didn't say "An unjust law that has to do with human vices and failings should remain law because it discourages a behavior I personally do not approve of." Consider the difference. If anyone wants to debate the matter of whether drug prohibition constitutes unjust law, PM me. We'll have it out in another thread.

Finally, to the OP: I agree that what happened to you was unjust. I think this sort of prohibition is just as ludicrous as alcohol prohibition was shown to be. However, I also agree with the posters saying "Alright, you paid your fine, move on with your life. The injustice that happened to you isn't that special." You are in the right in my opinion, but this issue pales in significance to matters such as the Patriot Act. I appreciate that you told your story, but you must understand that there are bigger fish to fry, both for you personally and for humanity as a whole.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I have never driven after I had been drinking.

Never? For some reason I think you're the one lying, but it's just a hunch, you may not be.

I accept my wrong doings like a man.

Whether you accept them or not, you're a criminal too. Speeding is against the law, and far more dangerous to society than having a small amount of an illicit substance packed away in your belongings returning from vacation (not under the influence of anything). You endangered the lives of innocent people, I endangered nobody. Hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Thanks for advice, and the very well presented post. I understand what you're saying about the bigger fish, this is just a preview i guess. Reading this thread illustrates that alot of people would readily "step into the showers".

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The violence has escalated to the degree - it is now affecting the average citizen. If it was off in some dark corner like it used to be - I wouldn't care - - but its not anymore.

Yes and the only way to stop it is to give up your rights. Nevermind the fact that for as many rights Americans have given up we are not an ounce safer. But hey, you no what they say, if at first you don't succeed...

Maybe there is a solution that involves keeping our backbone...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join